Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parazon Rework: 30.5 Update!

[DE]Rebecca

I like the changes but I still have one minor issue: nothing about "mercy kill" is actually merciful. Let me explain: when I think "mercy kill" I imagine a bombard with 10x flame dots on him screaming in agony waving his arms, I then think "I wish I'd put him out of his misery, oh wait I can't because I need him to be burned below 40% hp". So IMHO the mercy kill should be also allowed on enemies affected by some other 10x stacked procs that would be against Geneva Convention as long as the number of procs stacks would reach 10 and the enemy is below 80% hp (just like impact) example: 10x flaming/corrosive/radiation/etc stacks.

Sure it would make impact less special, but it would make more sense overall and be more consistient within itself because the way it works right now it's straight up exaggerated execution on an enemy that is sometimes kneeling and no longer willing to fight you.

Now that I think about it an easy fix to that is to simply change the name of the move from mercy kill to execution, but that is less likely to happen than some number/strings tweaks I guess.

Personally I'd prefer if impact would make it easier to lower the enemy shields similarly to how Corrosive lowers enemy armor.

3 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

People ask for the enemy to ahve immunity phase while being able to be Mercy Killed.

Then I remember how it was to wait for Ash to kill a single Ancient Disrupter. But now we would get that on every Heavy Unit that would get their health down to 40% at least.

That was the funniest part about old Bladestorm, watching those clowns who steal all the targets in the environment get stuck doing the Dance Of A Thousand Tickles on disruptor ancients!

Just now, przemo877 said:

Personally I'd prefer if impact would make it easier to lower the enemy shields similarly to how Corrosive lowers enemy armor.

That's called Magnetic, my dude.

sounds pretty good.
another thing that could happen is not having to see a short cutscene every time you put someone down because it takes you out of your perspective. it's disorienting when you have a fraction of a second to move away because you've been stationary in the cutscene and now every single enemy is shooting at u. make the frame perform it without moving the camera angle and give us our controls back earlier.  
if i were you, i'd turn all finishers into mercy finishers to save the animation team from having the polish up all weapon type finishers (let's face it, they're all really outdated and janky).
maybe even play with an unlockable skill tree for the parazon that gives you the power to chain finishers and enter silent mode to finally give the game some semblance of a functional stealth system. 

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:
  • Hard Reset - Execute 3 Mercy Kills within 40 seconds to revive a fallen Sentinel or Companion. 

I, for one, welcome any workaround, however obtuse, to the perverse lack of immortal vacuum. 

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

A Mercy Kill opportunity will be guaranteed when an enemy gets below 40% (60% for Corpus, but requires all Shields being stripped), but only on SPECIFIC units in each faction. [...] But what about really high levels you ask? Is it not dangerous to allow for essentially 1-hit kills in our scaling game? Mercy kills at high levels will have an extra consideration. They’ll be available when the respective enemy is at 40% Health, or 25K Health, whichever is lower.

This changes nothing. An enemy goes from 100% to 0%. What you need to do is make an eligible enemy drop loot and still be available for a finisher in a semi-dead state.

Also, why would you want to make parazon finishers even harder at high levels? 25k health? That is nothing. Literally one tick of a very weak slash proc.

Unfortunately, you missed the mark entirely, at least when it comes to experienced players.

hace 4 horas, [DE]Rebecca dijo:

Power Drain - 100% chance for next ability cast to gain +50% Ability Strength.

Stil heavy situational 

Malicious Code - 50% chance for enemies within 15m to cower in fear for 8 seconds.

I want them to stop runing from me ... not them to start runing around....

Hard Reset - Execute 3 Mercy Kills within 40 seconds to revive a fallen Sentinel or Companion. 

Is it that hard to code the sentinel to land and need to be resurected like pets???? Serisly it's been a few years since we are asking for this ... guess a half way solution is better than no solution ... 

• Swift Mercy - Speed of Mercy kills increased by 50%.

• Firewall - Reduces damage by 75% during hacking. 

More speed yes !

Damage reduction during hacking ?  Just ... why?

So there you have it - onward to planning the era of Mercy, Tenno! See you in Sisters of Parvos! 

So basicaly ... Humongus nuke on averange damge , minimum effort expansion to the other system  and around 30% damage buff to primary and secondary ... I'm honestly a bit disapointed

Parazon changes seem to only matter for grin, most infested enemies regardless if they are elites on not are(have been and will probably be forever🤣) just cannon fodder except for some instances in deimos, but Jugulus, Saxum or Carnis aren't included in the elite list, and regarding the corpus... aren't corpus the same as infested? just more cannon fodder, also, yes always a good ideea it is to stop shooting and go close to Scrambus  and Nullifiers.
Only thing im looking forward in this is the potential Power Drain synergies on some niche builds.

Good luck with mercy kills even on 80% health.
Any good weapon / Warframe vaporizes enemies in its line of sight.
This doesn't change anything, and the 25k health lock basically stops its only possible use from existing.

Grineer

• Heavy Gunners
  • Bombards

Corpus

• Scrambus
  • Nullifiers

Infested

• Ancients

Pleas add the Manics, Techs, Hyekka Masters, Napalms, Railjack units, Index and Rathuum units, Combas, Leaping Thrashers, Zealots, Therids, Saxums and since we are getting animations for killing the dogs, Hyennas and Juggernauts.

I like the sound of the new mods, but there are some problems. Obviously, mercy kills are too slow. Adding a mod for this is about the worst way to fix it. We only have 3 slots guys.

Impact doesn't seem like it will be any more viable, unless you want to build one of your 3 weapons exclusively for finishing heavies. Which could be amusing, but I don't think you'll see anyone actually relying on this.

How will "Malicious Code" be functionally different from "Out of Sight"? Same mod, different stun animation as far as I can tell.

Of course there will be the inevitable problem of being able to finish heavy targets before your team kills them, but invincibility frames aren't the answer. It's just going to result in people swearing in squad chat because somebody stole their sentinel revive or energy, and frustrated Nekros players who now have a timer for desecration. I don't know what a better solution would be.

Also...

56 minutes ago, przemo877 said:

Magnetic works like Viral which works completely different than Corrosive my dude.

Shields are extra health, and armor is a reduction? How exactly do you want this to work? I want a better use for impact too, but your idea makes no sense.

2 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

This is pretty good overall, but still stands to suffer if we're specifically using strong/slow ROF weapons - Snipers being the natural example. It's still going to be quite easy to have the enemy die because you (quite rightly) exploded their face from above the threshold in one shot. Doubly apt if they have any reasonable chance of proccing a damage status on top of the direct damage as well.

I mean, doesn't that mean you just have to change up your tactics? Gives us a good reason to switch between Primary and Secondary weapons.

Low on energy? Sentinel dead? Better switch to a weapon that has a better way to put enemies into the mercy state.

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Imagine you see a heavy gunner in the distance. You have “Blood for Energy” on your Parazon.  You see you need some Energy, so you start shooting the heavy gunner knowing full well once she’s at 40%, she will be open for a Mercy kill and the Energy could be yours!

Imma be straight with y'all here: even past the very real "this ain't happening in pubs" argument, Blood for energy/ammo/life should just be a base functionality of mercy kills.
They're already not worth doing at all for anyone who has done TWW and much less so to people past the 100 hour mark. And in the meantime new players have to deal with the horrendous energy/health economy that stops them from using abilities and from having an accessible source of healing that doesn't involve sitting around watching companion AI have a series of strokes while enemies slap and shoot it to death or healing 5hp at a time slapping something with a healing return melee.
Imagine a world where new players can actually consistently use the best part of the game (abilities) for using the subpar but necessary part (gunplay) while being able to keep themselves alive before they get to the perpetual mid-game of Warframe, where the mercy mechanic is currently only useful for thralls and liches.

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Grineer

• Heavy Gunners
  • Bombards

Corpus

• Scrambus
  • Nullifiers

There's a few heavies missing there. Especially notable would be Napalms (aka Spicy Bombards) and Corpus Techs (aka I have Supra sound PTSD now).

2 hours ago, MasterControl said:

If you want Parazon finishers to be more reliable, enemies *need* to enter a stagger state in which they are immune to damage for a short time when they die, similar to Thralls or Larvae. The time can even be shorter than Larvae, requiring quick action and for you to be paying attention.

Agreed. Just make it really short (~2 seconds to account for the usual amounts of lag most pubs have) so it doesn't create the classic red extraction issue with technically alive enemies being left behind.

1 hour ago, CephalonPotassium said:

They're addressing the nuking problem, bruh

They're what now? Between the 3 dev workshops it's just low to mid tier melees' usability anywhere past the low bar of Sortie 3 being reduced by a [DE]Nerf and AoE gun supremacy being reinstated harder than ever. Nothing listed in them is gonna change the nuking "issue" aka there's no reason to even use single target guns because the mission objective almost always benefits from killing an entire room as fast as possible and when it doesn't you still do it for loot, affinity or just to not get peppered constantly.

Hard Reset - Execute 3 Mercy Kills within 40 seconds to revive a fallen Sentinel or Companion. 

If the mercy kills are easy to do then i looking forward to making this the de-facto first choice mod on the parzon and then having somewhat of a choice of using the other none revive-able companions. They do still need some other method than link Armour for damage reduction.

It was always a pain when a new update comes out as its became a mini game of working out how to keep Helios a live more than anything else so it could scan the new enemies.

This changes sound good enough, wich one major flaw: Enemies' health bars in this game do not work in percentiles. They go from 1 to 0.The time to kill in this power fantasy looter horde shooter game is extremely fast, and that's good.

Forcing a stagger is required for parazon finishers to be a core part of the gameplay of this game or the finishers and everything attached to them will become another "good intentions, but bad execution" gameplay mechanic in the game that everyone will forget about.

Conceptually, I like these changes a lot: it gives them a clearer gameplay purpose and rewards prioritising targets - encouraging a bit more tactical gameplay is always encouraged. However, I still worry about these enemies just insta-dying at lower levels (meaning people don't get eased into the system) and that it's still RNG-based in terms of benefits like dispensing energy.

Mercy kills really need a short invincibility window to prevent team mates from nuking them instantaneously.

Please consider making enemies eligible for parazon kills stand like larvalings when their health hits 0 as a failsafe if these changes do not resolve the nuking problem in practice.

Otherwise a step in the right direction. I love the idea of parazon being part of the core gameplay loop.

56 minutes ago, Cephisso said:

Shields are extra health, and armor is a reduction? How exactly do you want this to work? I want a better use for impact too, but your idea makes no sense.

Reduced max% shield on target, it could work like old viral.

6 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:
  • Hard Reset - Execute 3 Mercy Kills within 40 seconds to revive a fallen Sentinel or Companion. 

• Swift Mercy - Speed of Mercy kills increased by 50%.

*chef's kiss*

(BTW, can we have the Regen sentinel mod reset on non-Regen revives? It'd be a great synergy, and I fear it'd become redundant otherwise.)

7 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Power Drain - 100% chance for next ability cast to gain +50% Ability Strength.

On mercy kill? or just flat out buff so everyone will buy/farm this mod as soon as it arrives?

7 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Read this following part in caps:

"Stop attacking stuff! i need to revive my companion/sentinell! Saryn, mirage!" *Que Darth vader "noooo" scream*

Just now, Shadowradiance said:

"Stop attacking stuff! i need to revive my companion/sentinell! Saryn, mirage!" *Que Darth vader "noooo" scream*

Haha don't we already have that in the game in the form of: "Stop reviving me! I need to die and revive myself in order to revive my companion"? I think that ability to revive a pet with parazon is a good thing overall.

Archived