Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deconstructor Melee Modding Changes (Sisters of Parvos)

[DE]Rebecca

I said this earlier but it got buried.

I think it's understandable to remove a set bonus mod set that revolves around combo counter from being able to be equipped on weapons that do not have combo counter. Maybe a new mod set for melee and companions should exist. I'd rather a build be strong on its own that be a stat stick for something else, yet still contribute something to a loadout.

Gladiator Mods not working anymore is whatever, I did not use that particularly much anyway, but can we please review Vigilante Mods? I have yet to check recently but do they not work with companion guns? If Vigilante Mods do not grant enhanced crit to weapons I'd like to know if that's a bug or if it isn't actually intended either.

Since we're on the subject of set mods, can we please have set mods that have cross loudout interactions like that? More of them? They're cool. Like multiple set mods to pick from so set bonuses can be a meaningful choice, or a choice at all? As it stands, set mods don't really have other set mods to compete with, really. That's an opinion, but one I'm willing to argue. You could say other mods that aren't part of a set compete for the same spot but that'll always be true even if there are more sets to compete with other sets.

16 minutes ago, Bigbluedragon said:

Not all unintended interactions are bugs! Maybe it is more like an unexpected interaction here. And you know when DE nerfs S#&$ it nerfs it to the moon so I'll promiss you when they "fix" this "bug". This low prio, low siverity, low impact "functional defect" (not really a fitting classification for a bug but close enough), they will nerf shield gating in the process, because they first and for all wanted to nerf shield gating.

If they nerf shield gating by itself I'll give them flak. I don't use it, but it is a mechanic they they introduced and thus I will give them flak for not testing it thoroughly if they need to nerf it later.

The DDK on the other hand is an extremely easy fix though: Make it remove all shields or turn off shield gating while equipped. That's all.

Tbh idc (since I don`t play wf like this). This is happening because of two things, steel path and coz ppl keep talking about the meta, that`s why we will continue to get nerfs and that`s why I never approved of steel path to begin with. As long as ppl keep talking and steel path exists this will keep on happening, if you go back 7 years this was not happening.

Wow, I'm really proud of DE for making it clear that their intention is to make all Sentinels and Exalted weapons completely unusable.  Just remove exalted melee weapons from the game if you're that determined to make them completely garbage.

1 минуту назад, Skekkaus сказал:

Wow, I'm really proud of DE for making it clear that their intention is to make all Sentinels and Exalted weapons completely unusable.  Just remove exalted melee weapons from the game if you're that determined to make them completely garbage

It would be a grim day for me since i am excalibur main...

Or is it happening already?

hace 28 minutos, ElT0mate dijo:

I am with Virmare in everything he has said in his message. I think this is really a melee nerf and nerfing what people use because it is useful and it works to force them to use something else not the way.

Most of the weapons in the game are useless after levels 60-80 and the only thing you can kill is with some primaries and secondaries, on the other hand, most melee still work so the way is to balance the weapons that do not work not to nerf those that do.

I prefer to be without content for a while and that the next patches are of balance and quality of life of the game not simply nerf what is popular instead of fixing what is not because it is not functional.

I am amused by people who say that DE is a prisoner of players, players are also prisoners of DE and its changes, but the two "sides" prefer to spit S#&$ at each other instead of sitting down and talking about how to improve the game.

DE is supposed to be passionate about CREATING games and players PLAYING THEM, I guess we are in a society where the important thing is "I'm right, you're not right"

It's sad to see when the two groups are supposed to want the same thing but one must be more right than the other, instead of learning from each other.

At the end of the day we all like Warframes, some killing only with the Warframe, others with primaries, others with secondaries and others with melee.

It's funny how when Railjack came out it was my favorite update (even being unplayable for many weeks), then they released the Corpus update where it literally is to take the Railjack from A to B and then do a mission on foot (like the usual ones...)

And now comes this update of the sisters where literally the little variety of items is lost and that instead of fixing the things that fail, it makes the problem even bigger. (in the absence of seeing what the new companions and weapons do)

1 минуту назад, Virmare сказал:
30 минут назад, ElT0mate сказал:

I am with Virmare in everything he has said in his message. I think this is really a melee nerf and nerfing what people use because it is useful and it works to force them to use something else not the way.

Most of the weapons in the game are useless after levels 60-80 and the only thing you can kill is with some primaries and secondaries, on the other hand, most melee still work so the way is to balance the weapons that do not work not to nerf those that do.

I prefer to be without content for a while and that the next patches are of balance and quality of life of the game not simply nerf what is popular instead of fixing what is not because it is not functional.

Expand  

I am amused by people who say that DE is a prisoner of players, players are also prisoners of DE and its changes, but the two "sides" prefer to spit S#&$ at each other instead of sitting down and talking about how to improve the game.

DE is supposed to be passionate about CREATING games and players PLAYING THEM, I guess we are in a society where the important thing is "I'm right, you're not right"

It's sad to see when the two groups are supposed to want the same thing but one must be more right than the other, instead of learning from each other.

At the end of the day we all like Warframes, some killing only with the Warframe, others with primaries, others with secondaries and others with melee.

It's funny how when Railjack came out it was my favorite update (even being unplayable for many weeks), then they released the Corpus update where it literally is to take the Railjack from A to B and then do a mission on foot (like the usual ones...)

And now comes this update of the sisters where literally the little variety of items is lost and that instead of fixing the things that fail, it makes the problem even bigger. (in the absence of seeing what the new companions and weapons do)

From All of the Devstreams summed up info: "YOU MUST PLAY AS I SAY"

22 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

You really have no idea how much I appreciate you fixing that oversight.

This will most likely make people stop complaining about Sentinels when they're using them as stat sticks... Or not, people will still complain anyway.

Better fix some more oversights as well while you guys are at it.

Nope, I'm serious. No sarcasm involved. Fix those oversights.

How do you feel about vigilante mods still working for guns with sentinel weapons? That seems like an oversight too but they only want to nerf melee huh.

3 minutes ago, (NSW)4g3nt_0 said:

Pls stop nerfing melee and give us blood rush for guns

Also remove the cap on the galvanized mods that increase dmg with status effect

The 'cap' is on the damage boost per status, not the number of statuses that count.

1 minute ago, Nox_Terminus said:

The 'cap' is on the damage boost per status, not the number of statuses that count.

Ok so I may sound stupid, but does that mean the dmg from guns will still infinitely increase with every status I proc?

I dont use helios, never really did. Well only for scanning when a new content island comes out yknow, but this stealth nwrf before the update shows how much DE respects us as a community.

Things have been going down hill for a while now to be honest and if we dont see pets 2.0 or major pet rebalancing soon this will just feel worse.

Heres an ideo if that ever comes to pass, pet passives based on their species, ie all cats give the same passive buff all dogs, all moas, etc. 

Cool guess helios is useless now. By the way are you guys aware the vigalante set mods work on all the other setinel weapons and does exactly the same thing? Also the augur set mod can be used on prisma/regular laser riffle from shade. Not that anybody cares but its the same interaction so shouldn't you change that? consistency please. Bah never mind thats too much work.

Oh look, sentinels are now dead content with one update. Well played. I guess it's back to using Helios as a scanner for one hour then throwing it into the trash bin for the two or three useful companion creatures.

22 hours ago, Turbozis said:

RIP sentinels. Why bother using them if they can't even be stat sticks?

I'm really hoping that this is signaling the end of stat sticks entirely - you mod 'the thing' and only those mods are effective. 

Edit: We need a breakdown of the purpose of Sentinel weapons. Because most are pretty pointless, and you just killed arguably half the reason you'd bother even modding one (the other purpose being unreliable status painter).

16 minutes ago, GrazzHopper said:

How do you feel about vigilante mods still working for guns with sentinel weapons?

I feel great using those on Companion weapons that aren't Deconstructor or Deconstructor Prime due to having them actually working as intended by applying their effects on the Companion Weapon. The set bonuses, however, I suspect that they do not apply to the Companion weapon but I might be wrong.

These changes are obviously intended to block the use of mods that do not affect Deconstructor/Prime at all in any possible way, be it regular Mod effect or Set bonuses.

So~, @[DE]Rebecca, better keep those oversight fixes happening.

the previously mentioned changed to melee I thought was a healthy nerf, nothing too game warping to completely undermine melee weapon damage, but I feel like this is over kill at this point.  personally, I think it's too big of a nerf to remove the set mods from Helios or theses new companions.   there are still lots of bugs in the game that could be looked at and smooth out, yet you're fixing an "oversight" that everyone has been happily benefitting for four years now?    I doubt that any complaint will be enough to change your mind on this at the moment,  but could you at least wait until a future update to remove the set mods from Helios and the like?  that way you can see if the changes you already talked about will be enough to bring ranged weapons into the lime light.

Ah, here we are, decreasing our damage output again. We will just find other ways DE.
But why?
Because we need that efficiency of killing as many enemies as fast as possible.
But why?
Because we want what they drop. Because drop chances for certain resources etc are abysmal. Because you guys at DE have made this an insane grind/collect-a-thon.

Unless you at some point address that, we will always find new ways. We play more than you. We know more than you. We share more than you. Address the issue at it's base, or deal with this forever.

Il y a 1 heure, (PSN)JaxsonHammerkawk a dit :

Oh and please do tell us all about when you fought level 10k+ enemies without using melee, and a sentinel lol. What game mode were you playing? How long did it take to reach level 10,014? We all want to hear how you Excalibro'd your way thru lvl 10k's. Please, teach us your ways Obi Wan...

Survival with Mag, takes 8 hours.

Archived