Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The worst Riven Challenge

General_Durandal

Question

17 minutes ago, (NSW)RATHURUE said:

Bruh, maybe read the patchnotes.

Bruh, I read patch notes thoroughly, all of them. I don't skim through them like 99% of the players do.

Information that doesn't matter to me is not retained until I need it.

On 2021-07-12 at 9:08 PM, Uhkretor said:

... What weapon did I use...? A bow... It simply required predicting their path...

"Simply" says the spatial geometry savant! 😆 I know I'm not that smart or observant! 😁

6 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

No.  Any power used period.  

My initial thought was to pop invisibility, and place my warframe as a damage sponge somewhere.  Instant fail.

Regarding the other bit, the Rhino tank is also a fail.  No damage.  As in the second a stray bullet takes out a single shield point the thing fails.

Nah, it definitely works. Verified today. Iron skin health doesn't count as damage taken. Can't say with invisibility, maybe toxic eximus aura did some dmg to you while invisible. 

12 hours ago, Butterfly85 said:

Nidus with max range. Throw his hentai monster thing up near them and itll grab them out of their Dargyn. Then you shoot them.

On 2021-07-12 at 10:08 PM, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

My personal go to is Nidus with larvae, before the pilots even take off.

These tenno gets it. I use nidus with long range even when their flying my larvae grab their behinds. Fyi you could also technically put the asleep and carefully destroy the vehicle but thats was too much. So nidus is my go to for annoying challenge. 

27 minutes ago, master_of_destiny said:

My initial thought was to pop invisibility, and place my warframe as a damage sponge somewhere.  Instant fail.

Regarding the other bit, the Rhino tank is also a fail.  No damage.  As in the second a stray bullet takes out a single shield point the thing fails.

I've only contacted support to help with a riven once.  That was early on with the killing Dargyns one.  I killed them when they spawned in the air on the plains, killed them after they jumped into the Dargyn, and even did the Kuva Fortress.  No dice, and support happily unlocked it after I requested assistance.  The above riven though was 100% possible...assuming the RNG was good, the spawn was good, the AI ran away rather than simply rushing you.  In short, if the stars aligned.  Boy...it was frustrating to get the fourth node scanned, have the target dissipating, and then take a stray bullet from nowhere.  I would also tell you that you'd think that the dash+magus lockdown should work...but scanning takes longer than that works on a scan target.

I always done these rivens by Ivara turning invis on the spawn room and dont disable it until I find the target, never failed for me.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Jacobivan said:

This challenge only counts powers used in the presence of simaris target/mbe even on him? 

I always do this with Rhino. Use iron skin, find the target, scan it while protected from damage. Cryotra weapon on sentinel for extra cheese slow. 

I've only contacted support to help with a riven once.  That was early on with the killing Dargyns one.  I killed them when they spawned in the air on the plains, killed them after they jumped into the Dargyn, and even did the Kuva Fortress.  No dice, and support happily unlocked it after I requested assistance.  The above riven though was 100% possible...assuming the RNG was good, the spawn was good, the AI ran away rather than simply rushing you.  In short, if the stars aligned.  Boy...it was frustrating to get the fourth node scanned, have the target dissipating, and then take a stray bullet from nowhere.  I would also tell you that you'd think that the dash+magus lockdown should work...but scanning takes longer than that works on a scan target.

3 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

Agreed.  This isn't even in the top 10.

My least favorite is the scan for Simaris, not using any powers, and not taking any damage.  I had to go operator, pick my way through an exterminate mission, find the target, avoid literally any damage sources, and then manage to scan the target's 4 nodes.  Of course, the target freaks out after only two nodes scan....so it's then a crap shoot.  The lack of powers means invisibility is out, while the lack of damage prevents simply face tanking the damage.  You'll note that the mines cause damage, the atmospheric lightning can cause unavoidable damage, and simply being in the same area code as an exploding barrel seems to cause damage...even if enemies at the same distance take none.

As far as the Dargyns...the Lenz.  If you can peg the thing with an arrow it first pops the ship, then the AoE slow and damage kill the dargyn pilot.  If you pop into archwing, buzz down the dargyn, and lead them even slightly you'll find this an easy one.

This challenge only counts powers used in the presence of simaris target/mbe even on him? 

I always do this with Rhino. Use iron skin, find the target, scan it while protected from damage. Cryotra weapon on sentinel for extra cheese slow. 

23 hours ago, Soy77 said:

rookies: this is the absolute worst.

vets: there are actually cheese(s) to do it

rookies: oh right.

warframe in a nutshell.

Agreed.  This isn't even in the top 10.

My least favorite is the scan for Simaris, not using any powers, and not taking any damage.  I had to go operator, pick my way through an exterminate mission, find the target, avoid literally any damage sources, and then manage to scan the target's 4 nodes.  Of course, the target freaks out after only two nodes scan....so it's then a crap shoot.  The lack of powers means invisibility is out, while the lack of damage prevents simply face tanking the damage.  You'll note that the mines cause damage, the atmospheric lightning can cause unavoidable damage, and simply being in the same area code as an exploding barrel seems to cause damage...even if enemies at the same distance take none.

As far as the Dargyns...the Lenz.  If you can peg the thing with an arrow it first pops the ship, then the AoE slow and damage kill the dargyn pilot.  If you pop into archwing, buzz down the dargyn, and lead them even slightly you'll find this an easy one.

Just use your archwing.  

Itzal's cold snap with augment will suck things into it's radius. Mod for max range and lower power strength so you don't kill the pilots with first activation and fly around the plains until you find the pilots that haven't boarded the dargyns yet. Spam Cold Snap. Done.

Archived