The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross-Play & Cross-Save Megathread - The Soonening(TM)/Public Test Edition

Letter13

On 2022-03-26 at 7:51 PM, LillyRaccune said:

Actually DE_Steve did say it was their intention to have merging. Although some other players suggested that merging would only be available for a short time (like various console migrations). And yes you are correct that DE as a collective made no commitments to account merging. So we'll see what we can get.

1e3801420311f2d7a74c8814272eaaa5.png
1c647c4c31a7349f297caf99e908643a.png
728d2d522e388bb04ffd68a43df899f0.png

On 2022-03-26 at 6:48 PM, Numerikuu said:

I will be very, very surprised if account mergers will be a thing. All DE has announced is crossplay/save. Nothing about account mergers in the slightest. Best not to get your hopes up in that regard, because I honestly don't see that happening.

yea and steve has mentioned it also in several devstreams LIVE about the stages

the plan 

stage 1

crossplay 

stage 2 

cross save (merg accounts ) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

yea and steve has mentioned it also in several devstreams LIVE about the stages
the plan
stage 1
crossplay
stage 2
cross save (merg accounts ) 

My mistake. Thank you for correcting me!

If Steve has said live during a DevStream that merging is coming, that constitutes a formal commitment from the whole DE team. They would have discussed it beforehand to avoid making promises they cannot keep.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LillyRaccune said:

My mistake. Thank you for correcting me!

If Steve has said live during a DevStream that merging is coming, that constitutes a formal commitment from the whole DE team. They would have discussed it beforehand to avoid making promises they cannot keep.

currently to what i can recall in my normal sleep deprived state 

originally, they stated that crossplay would probably start to test the waters with pc , xbox, PS later switch and then mobile

the crosssave concept was initially to be one account but due to a lot of vets who migrated (long ago) to consoles had mentioned it to steve on twitter about what about account merging as they would like to use their founders accounts merged with their up-to-date account so they can enjoy stuff they had long since been unable to use on console (cough excal prime, skana prime , ect) 

steve thought this would be a good idea and hes been actively looking into it with the dev team on implementation. 

imo this is a harder route then say bungie did with destiny (which is what i assumed warframe would do) 

in bungie they linked accounts but one is the main and the main overwrote all other accounts 

but due to tencents involvement and their sucess with several crossplay/save games de should have available resources with sibling studios now under that umbrella to help dev the platform fairly quickly

the main trick is warframe runs its own custom engine and several spaggeti coded setups to bridge new to old content in the games system

(speculation)

more then likely they will have players do a link account via the site and login to each and do a one time upload of content to a main account server then have the players accounts data merge by adding dupes or cosmetics or ect, and then that will unify and sync as a single account allowing login anywhere via a sync function that already exists in the system

• Like 2

got a few friends to try the game but i broke my p4 and now im stuck making a character from scratch, which sucks, i want to play with the homies and now they arent getting on as much cause im not there to carry, yall better get it up and running before all my hard work of getting people to play this game dies with the game

4 hours ago, (PSN)slackrigby96 said:

got a few friends to try the game but i broke my p4 and now im stuck making a character from scratch, which sucks, i want to play with the homies and now they arent getting on as much cause im not there to carry, yall better get it up and running before all my hard work of getting people to play this game dies with the game

when its ready,  please stop asking this question every day..

• Like 3

I can imagine this to be a programming and management nightmare. Not only do the have to get the licenses and make it work software wise (coding!), they have to completely revise how they release updates. On consoles they always have to go through a cert process before they can change code issues, while on PC they can fix things as they like. For crossplay/save to work properly, all platforms have to be on the very same page. Which means they either can't release updates as they did on PC anymore or they have to make really big changes towards their console update philosophy...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, (PSN)c1234567890alvi said:

I can imagine this to be a programming and management nightmare. Not only do the have to get the licenses and make it work software wise (coding!), they have to completely revise how they release updates. On consoles they always have to go through a cert process before they can change code issues, while on PC they can fix things as they like. For crossplay/save to work properly, all platforms have to be on the very same page. Which means they either can't release updates as they did on PC anymore or they have to make really big changes towards their console update philosophy...

They mostly have this part taken care of. All platforms update at the same time now. That's why the update the other week happened a day or two late, because there were issues with the update for PS.

That part slows down updates and takes us PC users out of the role of a large part of the bug testing, but the bigger problems are figuring out hosting/migrations across platforms and handling inventory/purchases, especially as it relates to possible account merging for people that have accounts in multiple places.

I have a Legitimate question...

Back in July of 2021 Digital Extremes Was hyping up Cross play and Cross Save...

It was Hyped during the "New War" and all we got was some stupid story line.

I've been playing since 2013 on Playstation 4 and quite frankly, Don't want to play on a PS4 anymore. Can't get a Playstation 5... Just like a lot of others around here. Why was this talked about last year if it's treated with no urgency? You know you're missing out on money from people waiting to move to PC. I CANNOT be the only one waiting to give you my money.

I am not paying any more money on Playstation and and Digital Extremes has been losing out for years because of this. I know the company has the potential and WILL do it...

Why are we just now focusing on this as a top priority of 2022?

I think that "cross-save" can be implemented.... while cross-save is quite difficult for this to happen. If it was something easy many games would already be using it. I would honestly be quite satisfied with cross save only...I think DE was quite delusional when he said that cross play could become a reality....

3 minutes ago, George_PPS said:

This is going to be epic. All Warframe players of all platforms playing together! 

That's the dream. All the IRL friends I've made that I've found out they play Warframe.... They're on different platforms. We've yet to play together...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slice0flife said:

I have a Legitimate question...

Back in July of 2021 Digital Extremes Was hyping up Cross play and Cross Save...

It was Hyped during the "New War" and all we got was some stupid story line.

I've been playing since 2013 on Playstation 4 and quite frankly, Don't want to play on a PS4 anymore. Can't get a Playstation 5... Just like a lot of others around here. Why was this talked about last year if it's treated with no urgency? You know you're missing out on money from people waiting to move to PC. I CANNOT be the only one waiting to give you my money.

I am not paying any more money on Playstation and and Digital Extremes has been losing out for years because of this. I know the company has the potential and WILL do it...

Why are we just now focusing on this as a top priority of 2022?

You are not alone. I too am waiting to transfer my save data from ps4 to PC. Made the move to PC a while back and would like to play Warframe again but I really don't want my hundreds of hours and money spent on (ps4)Warframe to go to waste.

*edit* To clarify I have avoided making an account on PC due to this. I don't even want an account merger just a save transfer. 

Edited by (PSN)THEGAMEISREALL
added context

I think it's hard for cross play to become a reality....

cross save may be possible...

cross play will deal with different network and system architectures...I don't think DE can do something that complex.

On 2022-03-30 at 8:07 PM, (PSN)THEGAMEISREALL said:

You are not alone. I too am waiting to transfer my save data from ps4 to PC. Made the move to PC a while back and would like to play Warframe again but I really don't want my hundreds of hours and money spent on (ps4)Warframe to go to waste.

*edit* To clarify I have avoided making an account on PC due to this. I don't even want an account merger just a save transfer. 

I would prefer a MASSIVE merge over a save overwrite. There is a lot of money I have spent onto PC stuff I don't have on PS4 or switch (when I had one) and vice versa. I don't really have an XBOX one account for Warframe. So if a save overwrite happens, I'll lose ALOT. Merging everything into one main account will solve that issue, Plus logging into just one account for ALL platforms will make things easier.

They can also keep Tennogen specific to certain platforms available to purchase to specific platforms, but once you own them, you can wear them on your account no matter the platform. This way you have to log in to a specific platform to get certain platform specific skins, but once you buy that skin, it'll show up no matter if you are on one platform or another.

This way, they can keep much of the current stuff still intact without overwriting your entire account with one main account which doesn't have the items you spent real money on from another account. 

EDIT: I now play more on my PS4 than I do PC since more of my friends are on PS4. My PC account is my main account where I started, but I don't want to lose EVERYTHING I earned/purchased on PS4.

Edited by dragnhuntr666

Question regarding cross play, when is it going to be released?? A lot of us herd that DE is intentionally holding back releasing cross play for Warframe because DE is still doing well on it's profit margins between platforms. I get when Warframe finally goes cross play, DE will take a hit on how much money and revenue they would bring in due to Warframe being locked to individual platforms. At least that is the rumor going around, I personally think it's a wise move to release cross play ASAP because people like myself got extremely board with console, and made the transition over to PC. Because I played the heck out of Warframe on the PS4, I invested a great deal into that version of Warframe. I have no intention on doing that all over again on Steam. I know there are thousands just like myself who went over to PC and don't want to start over again on Warframe. So please if you will, shed some light on this topic so we know weather or not cross play and cross save is coming and when it's coming..  Thanks.

On 2022-03-29 at 7:54 PM, (PSN)c1234567890alvi said:

It has been nearly a year since they announced it (to come with the New War update), and they had been looking into it for a while before that, due to everyone except sony, nintendo and playstation wanting it. Why is this even up for debate now? It is not only technically possible and practical, but incredibly consumer-friendly. It has been demonstrated to be workable by multiple games, some after launch!

On 2022-04-03 at 10:45 AM, Vaml77 said:

I think it's hard for cross play to become a reality....

cross save may be possible...

cross play will deal with different network and system architectures...I don't think DE can do something that complex.

The way that community managers of various games have trained gamers to treat software development as some mystical process is galling. Leave it up to the tech-priests, fellas, get back to yer beers. 🙄

• Like 3

On 2022-04-03 at 6:47 AM, (PSN)DOOM_OF_CHAOS said:

Question regarding cross play, when is it going to be released?? A lot of us herd that DE is intentionally holding back releasing cross play for Warframe because DE is still doing well on it's profit margins between platforms. I get when Warframe finally goes cross play, DE will take a hit on how much money and revenue they would bring in due to Warframe being locked to individual platforms. At least that is the rumor going around, I personally think it's a wise move to release cross play ASAP because people like myself got extremely board with console, and made the transition over to PC. Because I played the heck out of Warframe on the PS4, I invested a great deal into that version of Warframe. I have no intention on doing that all over again on Steam. I know there are thousands just like myself who went over to PC and don't want to start over again on Warframe. So please if you will, shed some light on this topic so we know weather or not cross play and cross save is coming and when it's coming..  Thanks.

Dumbest rumor I've ever heard

• Like 2