Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross-Play & Cross-Save Megathread - The Soonening(TM)/Public Test Edition

Letter13

yes cross-play sounds fun but to simply put, DE DO NOT have the manpower to do this judging by how buggy/broken the game currently is/was/will be. now imaging with all these game breaking bugs and we have to wait for cert on all platform to deploy a patch, it can take weeks.

unless you guys got GW2 kind of update system but I highly doubt DE have enough resources to do so.

As you all know, Warframe will not only have CrossPlay among all devices, but it will also have CrossSave,
meaning we will be able to Log into the very same Account on any device at any time.

Now, there are a LOT of things to talk about when it comes to this topic,
but right now Im interested in talking about only one: Tennogen

Why? Well thats because PC players are only able to buy Tennogen Items via the Steam Wallet,
while Consoles (PS, XBOX and Switch) can buy Tennogen with Platinum, and because how Monetization
works on each Platform, Console Tennogen is ALWAYS a lot cheaper than Tennogen on PC, to the point players
on Steam are a lot more limited than Consoles players when it comes to buying Tennogen Items, specially since
currency disparity is a thing (7 USD might be cheap for you, but translated to my currency is a price I can't pay as often I would like to). 

Going back to CrossSave, this would mean (in theory) that you could open the game in a Console,
Log in the account you have been using on PC, and buy Tennogen there with the Platinum you already had. 

Now, what has been the Official Statement from DE? Well... Nothing. Complete absolute radio silence. Nada de nada.

So as usual when DE doesnt lead the Discussion, I like to turn to the Community and hear what you have to say.
Because more often than not, DE looks this way and takes notes. And thats why is so important to start rolling this ball now,
because if we let DE know how we feel and what we want, we might actually impact the final decision. 

I have my own opinions, like making Tennogen available for Platinum in all platforms would boost the total sales significantly,
and that because Consoles already have Tennogen with Platinum, the system to pay the Creators accordingly for each sale,
regardless of the currency used, IS already there and working. 

But thats just my thoughts, I wrote this to read YOURS

But most importantly, what I would consider the absolute most valid statement regarding this topic, and who should be
the ones to have the final saying on this: I want to know what Tennogen Creators think about this

Thats it. Have a Nice Day Tenno! 😄

EDIT: This was posted as a Post, and moved here as a Comment. I dont have an issue with that,
my problem is that I received no notification whatsoever. It would be nice to let us know how 
the Moderators manage the content we post. Simple as "Your Post was moved to the Main Thread as a Comment"
Otherwise it feels like the user doesnt have control over how their post is moderated (which is ok, this is not for me to decide),
neither they have the right to know how that content is managed (I should be notified about what happens with it).

Edited by Roble_Viejo

9 minutes ago, Roble_Viejo said:

Because more often than not, DE looks this way and takes notes. And thats why is so important to start rolling this ball now,
because if we let DE know how we feel and what we want, we might actually impact the final decision. 

DE doesn't really check General Discussion, they check feedback and reddit.

As to the subject, I'm guessing our platinum is going to stay on whatever platform we earned it on. Like my pool of platinum on PC is going to be different from the platinum pool I will have on Switch.

So you'll have to earn/buy plat on console to get tennogen and you will have to pay money for tennogen on Steam.

But that's just my guess.

Edited by TomCruisesSon

10 minutes ago, Roble_Viejo said:

As you all know, Warframe will not only have CrossPlay among all devices, but it will also have CrossSave,
meaning we will be able to Log into the very same Account on any device at any time.

Now, there are a LOT of things to talk about when it comes to this topic,
but right now Im interested in talking about only one: Tennogen

Why? Well thats because PC players are only able to buy Tennogen Items via the Steam Wallet,
while Consoles (PS, XBOX and Switch) can buy Tennogen with Platinum, and because how Monetization
works on each Platform, Console Tennogen is ALWAYS a lot cheaper than Tennogen on PC, to the point players
on Steam are a lot more limited than Consoles players when it comes to buying Tennogen Items, specially since
currency disparity is a thing (7 USD might be cheap for you, but translated to my currency is a price I can't pay as often I would like to). 

Going back to CrossSave, this would mean (in theory) that you could open the game in a Console,
Log in the account you have been using on PC, and buy Tennogen there with the Platinum you already had. 

Now, what has been the Official Statement from DE? Well... Nothing. Complete absolute radio silence. Nada de nada.

So as usual when DE doesnt lead the Discussion, I like to turn to the Community and hear what you have to say.

I have my own opinions, like making Tennogen available for Platinum in all platforms would boost the total sales significantly,
and that because Consoles already have Tennogen with Platinum, the system to pay the Creators accordingly for each sale,
regardless of the currency used, IS already there and working. 

But thats just my thoughts, I wrote this to read YOURS

But most importantly, what I would consider the absolute most valid statement regarding this topic, and who should be
the ones to have the final saying on this: I want to know what Tennogen Creators think about this

Thats it. Have a Nice Day Tenno! 😄

Do you really think DE didn’t think of this months before they ever started working on cross save?

They didn’t just start making it happen and suddenly realise tennogen might be a problem. They don’t need advice on this.

Edited by _R_o_g_u_e_
  • Like 1

There are two solutions imo.

1. Restrict future tennogen purchases to Steam only, so it works like it does on PC now. This is achievable since there are no longer any platfrom restrictions that need to be taken into account.

2. Make tennogen platinum based on all platforms.

Those are the only two viable solutions imo, either make it like it is on PC or like it is on console now. I think option two would be most player friendly and the one that brings the most profit for the creators, since like you say $7 may not be alot for some, but for others it is, which limits how much some people would spend. But it all comes down to how much the Tennogen Creators would get the most profit from, since in the end it is there work and they should be payed as much as possible for their job in the end imo.

5 minutes ago, TomCruisesSon said:

As to the subject, I'm guessing our platinum is going to stay on whatever platform we earned it on. Like my pool of platinum on PC is going to be different from the platinum pool I will have on Switch.

Steve said something somewhere that the plan was that PC plat for instance can only be used for in-game purchases and not player-to-player trading on say Switch, and vice versa.

hace 19 minutos, SneakyErvin dijo:

Steve said something somewhere that the plan was that PC plat for instance can only be used for in-game purchases and not player-to-player trading on say Switch, and vice versa.

This kind of course of action scares me, because if something goes wrong in the system
and lets say you buy something but the plat stays the same, you could get permabanned
on the spot. 

This is why Im very careful when doing trades, specially when the item Im Selling/Buying is 
above 1K PL. If someone does some shady thing, I could lose my Account. 

The more "IFs" you put in the flow chart, the more likely it becomes to get an error.

Mainlining a single Trade system across all platforms should be the plan. 
Is not a matter how likely problems are, is a matter of how long it will take
for something to fail, and the consequences of it failing. 

We all heard that story of a game crashing mid trade and the user getting banned to 2035.

2 minutes ago, Roble_Viejo said:

This kind of course of action scares me, because if something goes wrong in the system
and lets say you buy something but the plat stays the same, you could get permabanned
on the spot. 

This is why Im very careful when doing trades, specially when the item Im Selling/Buying is 
above 1K PL. If someone does some shady thing, I could lose my Account. 

The more "IFs" you put in the flow chart, the more likely it becomes to get an error.

Mainlining a single Trade system across all platforms should be the plan. 
Is not a matter how likely problems are, is a matter of how long it will take
for something to fail, and the consequences of it failing. 

We all heard that story of a game crashing mid trade and the user getting banned to 2035.

No it really shouldnt be a problem. We already have the setup in the game and it works. Promotional plat for instance cannot be used in player-to-player trading, it ends up in the same "pile" as the free plat you get early on in the game. Believe me on this because I got such plat through a DE promotion that came with one hardware piece in my current PC. So all they do is expand on that system, which currently works as it should. It even works well, since when you have untradable plat, it always uses that as a priority payment when you pick up things from the market in the game.

And the thing you should be careful with when trading big sums isnt being straight out banned, it is about ending up with a negative balance or not due to illegit plat. So after selling stuff, never spend the sum unless you have enough legit plat to cover for it incase the plat you got was fraudulent. So if you trade for 1000 and want to spend it elsewhere, make sure you have 2000 plat in that case so you cant go into the negative if the worst possible happens.

And the guy that got banned due to crashing likely crashed because he got banned, not the otherway around. There are other stories about that but unrelated to trade, people crashing and then being banned when they try to log on. That is just the game dropping them when the banhammer hits.

• Like 1

hace 14 minutos, SneakyErvin dijo:

Promotional plat for instance cannot be used in player-to-player trading, it ends up in the same "pile" as the free plat you get early on in the game. Believe me on this because I got such plat through a DE promotion that came with one hardware piece in my current PC. So all they do is expand on that system, which currently works as it should. It even works well, since when you have untradable plat, it always uses that as a priority payment when you pick up things from the market in the game.

Wow. Thank you for sharing this, I had no idea this existed. 

I learnt something new today! 

To be honest, I'm a bit worried about the trading aspect.

Plat scams are very rare on console, whereas, while not common on pc, they are a lot more common in comparison.   Mixing all the players in to one big pool has the potential to spread that problem to accounts that would otherwise be insulated from it owned by players for whom it's never before been a real concern and so won't be as savvy to the risks as pc players are.

As for tennogen, its a tricky one.   If I'm on console and want to move my account to pc, I sure as hek want to take my tennogen with me, and vice versa.   But, if I'm on pc, I can sell a cple of sets or whatever, load up my console, spend the plat I just earned on pc to buy the tennogen I want, then head back to pc.   That is gonna be a big dent not only to the creators, but also to DE themselves.

Now, of course DE will have thought about this.   But, they can't make all tennogen only purchasable with real money through steam.  I for example, don't own a pc so I'd be stuffed.  Also, if they make it cash only I'm never gonna be able to buy tennogen again cos even if it is only £5-10 per item, thats too much, I've got a family and home to support.   Conversely, making everything buyable with plat costs DE a fortune in lost revenue.   

I think the only solution is to make plat earned or purchased on one platform unusable on any other platform.   Or, at most, can only be used for in-market, non-tennogen items.

4 minutes ago, Roble_Viejo said:

Wow. Thank you for sharing this, I had no idea this existed. 

I learnt something new today! 

No problem. I thought all plat besides the free starter plat was treated the same aswell until I picked up that promotional offer and redeemed it. Wish I still had it cos then I'd link a copy of it, but sadly those promotional mails from the PC builder place have gotten delete long ago.

3 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

No problem. I thought all plat besides the free starter plat was treated the same aswell until I picked up that promotional offer and redeemed it. Wish I still had it cos then I'd link a copy of it, but sadly those promotional mails from the PC builder place have gotten delete long ago.

Those 1k plat prizes given out on stream aren't tradeable either afaik 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)Hyperion Rexx said:

Those 1k plat prizes given out on stream aren't tradeable either afaik 

Somewhere in my old scrawny head I had that notion, I just didnt want to say it since I wasnt sure it was true. But since you also have the same notion I think it might in fact be true that those plat arent tradable either. I guess it might apply to all plat that is effectively free of charge.

👍 On bringing it up.

• Like 1

Is crossplay potentially happening this year? I want to play with friends and would start a new account if it wasnt going to happen this year. Also wondering what will happen if i have multiple accounts on different platforms already when crossplay happens (mr 15 playstation/mr30 xbox)

Chance of it being this year I'd estimate 0%. It looked fairly "working order" in the tennocon video but they didn't give anything other than "in development" which, for DE, means at least a year out.

I'm guessing this will come out around the time Duviri Paradox drops.

Edited by Leqesai

17 minutes ago, (XBOX)Diderius said:

Is crossplay potentially happening this year? I want to play with friends and would start a new account if it wasnt going to happen this year. Also wondering what will happen if i have multiple accounts on different platforms already when crossplay happens (mr 15 playstation/mr30 xbox)

We simply don't know, we have no information other than the reveal at Tennocon.

As for multiple accounts, this thread that yours was just merged with has a quote from Twitter implying that they intend to merge existing accounts that share the same email.

I am just curious if I am the only one thinking this. In my time loving this game I made the transition from my console account to a fresh PC account, I grinded ALOT of new gear and pushed myself to re-establish my old position where I was at on the console edition of the game. Now with cross save in the works, I am wondering if there may be a chance to merge accounts. I would adore having access to my console arsenal on my PC account, some of the weapons I didn't grind for a second time since I wanted to try something different, or the frames I didn't feel up to grinding the platinum for. I really think this would be a nice edition along side the Cross Save/ Cross play development. What does everyone else think?

18 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

This is definitely going to be a topic that DE will have to address, but my gut tells me we'll probably end up having to pick one account to keep. I don't think any merging will occur.

I am anticipating this, I am just not looking forward to the idea of still having to pick, because in all likelihood I will choose my console account as a migration to PC and simply re-grind all my new weapons :/

42 minutes ago, WatchfulSpirit said:

I am just curious if I am the only one thinking this. In my time loving this game I made the transition from my console account to a fresh PC account, I grinded ALOT of new gear and pushed myself to re-establish my old position where I was at on the console edition of the game. Now with cross save in the works, I am wondering if there may be a chance to merge accounts. I would adore having access to my console arsenal on my PC account, some of the weapons I didn't grind for a second time since I wanted to try something different, or the frames I didn't feel up to grinding the platinum for. I really think this would be a nice edition along side the Cross Save/ Cross play development. What does everyone else think?

you may/should find this link/post helpful, hope this helps.

4 minutes ago, Radiatedmilo said:

you may/should find this link/post helpful, hope this helps.

Thanks for sharing that link! That's the first I've heard that it is, officially, targeted at being launched with New War. This is amazing news!

I'm just getting all antsy on this feature. While I do want Merging, I wonder if they'll release stuff in phases like maybe loading any account from any client first (primary account style like Destiny 2), suspended or not used accounts could be brought up and utilized later.

1_641.png 

I really hope that Steve is implying that the platinum you have now can only be traded to players on your platform. If he's saying that the plat you have now will become non tradable and market only, then they need to start telling people that now, and put that on every plat package they sell. Legally speaking i don't see how they could do that since plat is advertised now as being tradable player to player, they can't just up and change that it would be false advertising right? People who have bought every Prime Access and multiple packs, a lot of us have sizable amounts of plat, and if one day that plat loses half of its advertised function, that would be pretty messed up. So hopefully he's just talking about plat you have now can only be traded player to player on the platform you bought/earned that plat on. 

As for a combined trade chat among all platforms. I just see that being a huge dumpster fire. Trade chat is busy as hell as it is now, adding all platforms together would be chaos. And logistically I'd bet it would be a nightmare, tho im just imagining that i have no in depth knowledge of how any of that could or would potentially work.

As for Tennogen i hope that DE changes the way it's sold on pc. I'm on console myself, i would hate having to pay cash for tennogen. I also hope DE changes its way of paying the creators. They should be paid for the work they do, not just if it's selling or not. The amount a certain skin sells should have nothing to do with how creators are paid unless it's like an added commission on top of a flat fee for doing the work, and selling said work to DE. Hopefully that's how they're paid now, but honestly idk, if they aren't then they're taking advantage of the creators. 

Anyway that's my two cents. Thanks for reading my thoughts on the subject. If anyone at DE is reading this, you guys did such a great job at Tennocon this year, it was really phenomenal. Can't wait for the new lore!!!

• Like 3