Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennocon Sadness

GibblesTheGible

Question

I dont know where to put this or how to try reaching out, I (being a person who had to work tennocon last minute) had purchased the digital and merch packs. and because of medical emergencies  (I work as a courier for medical business's, moving specimens, medical requirements  etc from one hospital to another on a fairly hectic schedule) was forced to miss out on the viewing for tennocon and the twitch drops. and these we're exclusives i was excited to get into. Im a collector of things, and its things Ill either never get OR if lucky I get them next year at tennocon2022 IF they return or if I can make it (again alot of my schedules cannot be controlled seeing how its my job to move required medical equipment for hospitals to do their job at the fastest capabilities that they can) I dont know a place here to vent about the sadness. and obviously DE (busy or not caring or however they typically are) wont retroactively do anything about it. why dont they make the drops for anyone who bought tickets just incase people do have real life emergencies come up and are forced to miss??? might be food for thought for the future

Sincerely a Long Time Tenno. ~Gibbles

p.S. was just a vent sorry again dont know where to put this with hopes D.E might see it ad make it a consideration going forward

22 answers to this question

7 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Yes it does suck how it's currently done, seems like a reasonable thing buying the ticket being a good reason to get the stuff sounds good to me.

The Vastilok weapon will be available later on I reckon just like the Athodai was in last years.

My biggest disappointment was the live action failing in the Relay because of the strain on their network and outages, I watched the whole Stream from start to end and was in a relay but it failed to display what I was waiting for.

3 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Maybe my english isn't that good yet, but I thought yearwas plural, so, my bad. In any case, at least OP knows that a few months will pass until it's added, I put my bets on the next Plague Sar along with the grineer chainsaw.

I meant last years Tennocon 2020, the one from last year, I guess I should have put Tennocon on the end, it read strange to me leaving off the 's'

All good, hell I've done it myself. :facepalm:

38 minutes ago, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

Dude, the exclusive weapons will be made available to everyone later. There is nothing wrong with DE offering some extra incentives for those who buy the tickets and watch the stream. It’s an incentive to sell more tickets, and really not a big deal as none of the exclusive items are necessary. Take a business class or something. 

Also, the reason “everyone is accepting it” is because we are reasonable people, and clearly you are not.

I do not need to take it any business class to know this thing is not alright. I am reasonable person enough to say lecturing others and saying they are idiot because they see different is just proven that you need to take a different class. In my part I do not wish to continue any argument with you on the topic. Have a nice day.

26 minutes ago, Grekkatarq said:

Excusivity is harsh and limiting others. Buying tickets could grant some extras but locking something behind it is just a bad way to do something.

I bought platinum too but that not makes me special. Situations like this should not happen but a lot of people accepting it. This was a somple digital partial information stream. I watched on youtube and I dont mind the items because in some form it will be available.

Dude, the exclusive weapons will be made available to everyone later. There is nothing wrong with DE offering some extra incentives for those who buy the tickets and watch the stream. It’s an incentive to sell more tickets, and really not a big deal as none of the exclusive items are necessary. Take a business class or something. 

Also, the reason “everyone is accepting it” is because we are reasonable people, and clearly you are not.

I think the digital pack ticket is fine as is, you get Baro, plat, and some digital goodies. The Tennocon exclusive items should be moved to alerts or a community event starting during Tennocon and running for a week or so. 

I think having something like the grab bag drops they’re currently doing run during the live event would be a better option. Drop some forma and potatoes. People aren’t going to miss exclusive stuff but stills gives incentive to watch. If people miss it, it’s not really the end of the world.

I don’t totally fault DE for the problems encountered. Seems like 90% of the people complaining (not referring to OP) are ones that are incapable of following simple directions. It’s been months since they changed to drops 2.0 and it works quite well. I think moving the exclusive stuff to alerts would just save DE a lot of work after the fact of trying to go through and run a script to get this stuff to everyone. Plus, for people that just can’t watch because of daily life stuff, they wouldn’t completely miss out. 

I don’t feel like anyone is entitled to anything just because you watched live though. It’s free stuff which they don’t have to give us at all, everyone should have a chance to grab it. 

Just now, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

Yeah, because people who actually buy the tickets and spend time watching the event don’t deserve anything!  

Excusivity is harsh and limiting others. Buying tickets could grant some extras but locking something behind it is just a bad way to do something.

I bought platinum too but that not makes me special. Situations like this should not happen but a lot of people accepting it. This was a somple digital partial information stream. I watched on youtube and I dont mind the items because in some form it will be available.

The good news for you that the drops will probably become available through other means, but it might take a while. For example the Lotus ephemera was once a Tennocon drop but it is now part of the random Baro stock.

7 hours ago, GibblesTheGible said:

i just think that there should be some compensation for people who bought the pack and was forced to miss. it would bbe different if it was FREE yes, but like I said. accenting it towards people who have paid for the experience and have had to missed should be able to get something of some assistance cause life has a way of ruining things sometimes. just a vent cause idk where I could vent about it and have input.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but you don't pay to go to the Tennolive relay though? The pack you bought was for the goodies that came with it and Baro bringing the entirety of his collection to sell. Anybody could go to the Tennolive Relay for the little "tour" of new content and anyone could tune in through Twitch for the Twitch related rewards.

7 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

You misread my post, yes it was available in last years Tennocon 2020, then DE released it a bit later on, those who missed it didn't need to worry or fuss over it, De released it as a drop in the game like you mentioned, no where did I say it was years before it was added to the game.

Maybe my english isn't that good yet, but I thought yearwas plural, so, my bad. In any case, at least OP knows that a few months will pass until it's added, I put my bets on the next Plague Sar along with the grineer chainsaw.

12 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

Yq4yE5v.jpg

A panda walks into a café. He orders a sandwich, eats it, then draws a gun and fires two shots in the air.

"Why?" asks the confused waiter, as the panda makes towards the exit. The panda produces a badly punctuated wildlife manual and tosses it over his shoulder.

"I'm a panda," he says at the door. "Look it up."

The waiter turns to the relevant entry in the manual and, sure enough, finds an explanation.

"Panda. Large black-and-white bear-like mammal, native to China. Eats, shoots, & leaves."

Lol at the manual joke.

Spoiler

ifyou-use-poor-grammar-i-will-find-you_c

Huh? are you saying I left out  'I think/perhaps' ? and it should have been 'I think you misread my post' or 'perhaps you misread my post'

misread
verb
read (a piece of text) wrongly.
"perhaps she'd misread the note and got the time wrong"

I'm sorry, vWAjP.gif I'm not into grammar that much at times, then at other times I strive to be correct thank you.  :tongue:

13 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

You misread my post

Yq4yE5v.jpg

A panda walks into a café. He orders a sandwich, eats it, then draws a gun and fires two shots in the air.

"Why?" asks the confused waiter, as the panda makes towards the exit. The panda produces a badly punctuated wildlife manual and tosses it over his shoulder.

"I'm a panda," he says at the door. "Look it up."

The waiter turns to the relevant entry in the manual and, sure enough, finds an explanation.

"Panda. Large black-and-white bear-like mammal, native to China. Eats, shoots, & leaves."

27 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Yes it does suck how it's currently done, seems like a reasonable thing buying the ticket being a good reason to get the stuff sounds good to me.

The Vastilok weapon will be available later on I reckon just like the Athodai was in last years.

My biggest disappointment was the live action failing in the Relay because of the strain on their network and outages, I watched the whole Stream from start to end and was in a relay but it failed to display what I was waiting for.

11 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Athodai was made available through Tennocon, August  2020, added to Railjack in March 2021. Why people insist that "YEARS" passed between the twitch drop and then added as a drop in game? Not only you tho, but in various threads a lot of people said the same thing, wich baffles me honestly.

----
The only thing you really missed was Loki Prime (or both free slot for warframe and weapon), I'm 100% the cosmetics will be added to the game later and so will be the grineer gunblade. Just be patient.

You misread my post, yes it was available in last years Tennocon 2020, then DE released it a bit later on, those who missed it didn't need to worry or fuss over it, De released it as a drop in the game like you mentioned, no where did I say it was years before it was added to the game.

It will come out within the next 2 years, next year most likely and will probably be in the Void Trader. Don't worry, just keep an eye out and you'll get it. At least players still have the chance to get it unlike a few items.

10 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Athodai was made available through Tennocon, August  2020, added to Railjack in March 2021. Why people insist that "YEARS" passed between the twitch drop and then added as a drop in game? Not only you tho, but in various threads a lot of people said the same thing, wich baffles me honestly.

----
The only thing you really missed was Loki Prime (or both free slot for warframe and weapon), I'm 100% the cosmetics will be added to the game later and so will be the grineer gunblade. Just be patient.

Unfortunately. my work had me leaving far earlier then the stream was even close to being posted. and I got home a day later. delivering medical supplies cross state all day. my job typically goes for anywhere between 6 and 18hours. it happens and im not expecting anything. i just think it would be more supportive especially now. for those who went out of the way to buy the digital set up since their not doing physical because of the pandemic. if it had been in physical I would have gone like I always do and would not have had the issue. but like I said i just think that there should be some compensation for people who bought the pack and was forced to miss. it would bbe different if it was FREE yes, but like I said. accenting it towards people who have paid for the experience and have had to missed should be able to get something of some assistance cause life has a way of ruining things sometimes. just a vent cause idk where I could vent about it and have input.

I can definitely relate. I've attended/watched every Tennocon except for this year (a family related emergency had me taking care of my mother all weekend). Yeah, I'm disappointed at missing out on the goodies, but I don't think it's unfair.

I wouldn't expect (or want) DE to give me the items/goodies from watching Tennocon despite my having missed the event. I've come to terms with the knowledge that if I am unable to attend an exclusive event because of an emergency or obligation that gets in the way that I will have to live with it; wanting (and more so expecting) special treatment never ends well.

At the end of it, it's good to acknowledge that sometimes you can't get every single thing you want. Life has a habit of getting in the way. C'est la vie.

Archived