Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plague Star best weapon(s)

(XBOX)Pugs Xbox

Question

25 answers to this question

Personally I think Pyrana Prime is way better than anything else because of its very high multishot potential, as well as being easy to make incredibly fast, especially if you pop off 3 trash mobs just before the hemo goes vulnerable for that extra 100% fire rate and 100% mag size. Being a secondary also means you can have one of the prime aoe clear options still open to you if you don't have a good aoe clear frame in the party.

5 hours ago, (PSN)bigbad771 said:

According to the codex the hemocyte has fossilized armour, which is vulnerable to slash, blast and corrosive, and resistant to cold, toxin and radiation. The infested sinew if you strip away the armour is vulnerable to puncture, cold and radiation, and resistant to blast.

You seem to have the misconception that fossilized is the armour, but it's actually the health. Infested Sinew is their armour type. The damage resistances and weaknesses of the health type apply whether the armour is stripped or not, that's why corrosive is always better. If the armour is there then radiation gets a 50% bonus and a 75% penalty, whereas corrosive still gets the 75% bonus and no penalty. If there's no armour then radiation only gets a penalty and no bonus while corrosive still gets the same bonus as before.

10 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Well I figured out why Vestilok didnt work for me... I had forgotten to put the mod in there hah!🙄

I guess that serves me well when I start experimenting when dead tired. Redeemer doesnt work though, but that wasnt so odd since the ranged attacks are blast damage only, which I would have known if I had spent some time with it outside of Scarlet Spear and cared about the stats. I'm glad I got Vestilok to work though since now I can comfortably run Loki aswell.

Also a tip for people using loudouts with little AoE in them, remember to use your call-in crewbie, the CD for them resets when you start a new bounty, so you always have them available for Hemo to speed up the killing of trash.

Yes that would do it. 🤣 

3 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

You have to watch the bar closely, takes me about 4 hits maybe five the bar will go red, I then pop into archwing and go crazy, though if your not watching the bar it'll still look gray, once you look at the heads it's easy to see if it worked.

Well I figured out why Vestilok didnt work for me... I had forgotten to put the mod in there hah!🙄

I guess that serves me well when I start experimenting when dead tired. Redeemer doesnt work though, but that wasnt so odd since the ranged attacks are blast damage only, which I would have known if I had spent some time with it outside of Scarlet Spear and cared about the stats. I'm glad I got Vestilok to work though since now I can comfortably run Loki aswell.

Also a tip for people using loudouts with little AoE in them, remember to use your call-in crewbie, the CD for them resets when you start a new bounty, so you always have them available for Hemo to speed up the killing of trash.

as far as im concerned, titanias dex pixia is the undisputed king of plague star.

corrosive and an arcane velocity...done and done.

nearly every mission i wind up with like 70%-80% damage dealt.

::edit for additional infos::

also dex pixia absolutely shreds troop tansport ships (infinite range hitscan with almost pinpoint accuracy....even WITH magnum force).

lantern ccs trash mobs all day long. and i also put pull (with greedy pull augment) on her 2 so i always have energy and extra loot......AND pull takes care of mobs to move the counter along real fast. all this while staying totally out of danger flying around.

really...titania pretty much owns plague star

31 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Corrosive Pyrana Prime and Rhino Prime with subsumed augmented Shock, or Corrosive Pyrana Prime and Oberon Prime with subsumed Roar instead of smite.

Rhino Prime sits at just around 225% strength with Growing Power up, so Roar and Shock adds enough extra damage to not need armor stripped. On Oberon with roughly same stats you rely on the 75% or so Roar buff along with armor fully stripped from a 2x reckoning cast.

For some reason I cant get shattering impact to work on vestilok or redeemer prime, neither with normal attacks or heavies from them. Tried shooting the hemo inside the boil and as he arrives on the field. And I play solo, so not a client/host issue.

You have to watch the bar closely, takes me about 4 hits maybe five the bar will go red, I then pop into archwing and go crazy, though if your not watching the bar it'll still look gray, once you look at the heads it's easy to see if it worked.

I'm just using Nova Prime, Acceltra Viral+Blast for Hemocyte, Rattleguts Corrosion+Radiation for the Ships and Vestilok just for the armour strip.

I'm not using any fancy stuff or fancy guns to kill the Hemocyte and I'm pretty happy with it.

I normally do the above fight a lot smoother than in the video.

Corrosive Pyrana Prime and Rhino Prime with subsumed augmented Shock, or Corrosive Pyrana Prime and Oberon Prime with subsumed Roar instead of smite.

Rhino Prime sits at just around 225% strength with Growing Power up, so Roar and Shock adds enough extra damage to not need armor stripped. On Oberon with roughly same stats you rely on the 75% or so Roar buff along with armor fully stripped from a 2x reckoning cast.

For some reason I cant get shattering impact to work on vestilok or redeemer prime, neither with normal attacks or heavies from them. Tried shooting the hemo inside the boil and as he arrives on the field. And I play solo, so not a client/host issue.

Titania with Gloom and the Razorwing Blitz augment makes mince of the Hemocytes.

Just learn your range on Gloom and duck into range as soon as a targeted head opens, kill it, then slip back out (or around to another head if a second one is open).

Doesn't do much for the container, though.

Could do most of the same with a good beam or auto with Loki and have the benefit of Switch Teleport, though chances are your Loki won't have the polarities to jack up power strength on Gloom and giving up range to keep Gloom's radius manageable is probably a bit self-defeating if you're using Switch Teleport to speed the progress of the drone.

9 hours ago, (PSN)bigbad771 said:

According to the codex the hemocyte has fossilized armour, which is vulnerable to slash, blast and corrosive, and resistant to cold, toxin and radiation. The infested sinew if you strip away the armour is vulnerable to puncture, cold and radiation, and resistant to blast.

I guess they changed it... It used to have Alloy Armor.... Back then it was the only enemy to have both a Resistance and a Weakness to the same damage type.... Which was Radiation....

3 hours ago, SiriSnugglebottoms said:

Personally I think Pyrana Prime is way better than anything else because of its very high multishot potential, as well as being easy to make incredibly fast, especially if you pop off 3 trash mobs just before the hemo goes vulnerable for that extra 100% fire rate and 100% mag size. Being a secondary also means you can have one of the prime aoe clear options still open to you if you don't have a good aoe clear frame in the party.

You seem to have the misconception that fossilized is the armour, but it's actually the health. Infested Sinew is their armour type. The damage resistances and weaknesses of the health type apply whether the armour is stripped or not, that's why corrosive is always better. If the armour is there then radiation gets a 50% bonus and a 75% penalty, whereas corrosive still gets the 75% bonus and no penalty. If there's no armour then radiation only gets a penalty and no bonus while corrosive still gets the same bonus as before.

Yeah... That's how I remember good old  Hemocyte's Stats.... They were strange....

3 hours ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

But that said, I get the impression that the game's power creep has made it so that just about anything will do fine.  If you've been playing for awhile and have a squad with you, you probably don't need much in the way of strategy or min-maxing to have things go quickly and smoothly.

Indeed.... It might be better to focus on optimising how you can speed up the drone or finding the Toxin Faster... 😉

In the runs I've done, the Archgun Mausolon seems great.  Top-end Hemocytes go down just about as fast as their animations allow them to die.

But that said, I get the impression that the game's power creep has made it so that just about anything will do fine.  If you've been playing for awhile and have a squad with you, you probably don't need much in the way of strategy or min-maxing to have things go quickly and smoothly.

On 2021-09-09 at 11:26 PM, Lutesque said:

🤔 That doesn't sound right... The Hemocyte's Flesh has resistance to Radiation but it's Armor doesn't have Resistance to Corrosive....

Meaning it's better to use Corrosive whether you're stripping off the Armor or not.

On 2021-09-10 at 5:16 AM, Bl00dRedRage said:

It is the opposite. Radiation for if you leave armor and corrosive if you strip it.

You're right I thought the fossilized was armour and sinew was flesh, my bad.

According to the codex the hemocyte has fossilized health, which is vulnerable to slash, blast and corrosive, and resistant to cold, toxin and radiation. The infested sinew or the armour is vulnerable to puncture, cold and radiation, and resistant to blast.

16 hours ago, (PSN)bigbad771 said:

If you're stripping the armour, then any high fire rate weapon with radiation. If your not stripping armour go for corossive.

Most people seem to be using necromechs and this works really well.

If you have titania though corrosive dex pixia will decimate the hemocite better than anything else.

It is the opposite. Radiation for if you leave armor and corrosive if you strip it.

I've been having quite some success even into 4th Hemocyte with a Kuva Zarr on barrage (shotgun) mode. High crit and high pellet count per shot, modded for corrosive and crit damage, can get about 2-3 shots in each time it's vulnerable (and plenty of infested bodies mean enough ammo to refill in a sec). It's been doing better than switching into my Necramech (with Imperator Vandal). 

If you don't want to think much, just grab anything that fires very fast or shoot a lot of pellets per shot (very high Fire Rate and/or Multishot), and put in corrosive damage as default. It does better damage than radiation if the armor isn't stripped, and almost as well if it is stripped.

AoE only works if you hit the Hemocyte's weakpoints directly, and it has a damage cap per hit, so you don't want heavy-hitting-slow-fire weapons.

11 hours ago, (PSN)bigbad771 said:

If you're stripping the armour, then any high fire rate weapon with radiation. If your not stripping armour go for corossive.

🤔 That doesn't sound right... The Hemocyte's Flesh has resistance to Radiation but it's Armor doesn't have Resistance to Corrosive....

Meaning it's better to use Corrosive whether you're stripping off the Armor or not.

High Rate of Fire or High Pellet Count weapons are the go to reccomendations for the Hemocyte Spceifically, since it has a Damage per Projectile Cap...

I used a Rattleguts Kitgun with Pax Charge and Arcane Velocity (or which ever the Pistol Arcane that buffs Fire Rate), however other's have had better results I hear with the Pyrhana Prime...

in any case the one thing more important than which gun you use how you plan on stripping the armor off the Hemocyte when it first spawns... soooo... Shattering Impact ? Sundering Dash ? Polarize ?

Archived