Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2 YEARS OF !!NETWORK NOT RESPONDING!!

(PSN)Luftgaffe

Hey DE & Tenno!

So I've been getting Network not responding error for 2 years now and wondering when is anyone going to do anything about. Stopped playing the game some months befor the lockdown hit, got back into it this month and guess what (NETWORK NOT RESPONDING). The game isn't unplayable for me but its still massively annoying to be stuck on "Creating new session please wait" notification with the network error slapped in the centre of the screen or it taking almost a dozen attempts to login or making accessing ship systems a 5 min ordeal going in or out. 

To get back into the game after such a long time I asked a few friends to start the game, it is a pain to get new people into this nightmare. Everybody in my region keeps getting this error and pretty much have the same experience logging in, launching mission, getting in and out of ship systems etc. 

I love Warframe!  I can't stop praising it to people and I really want people to experience this amazing game you all made but its so hard to defend something that set to destroy its own reputation. The game is playable but nobody wants to stick with it since it has so much downtime being caused by the network error. 

Plz we need a fix!

And yes everything on google on how to fix this error I've tried. Nothing works. 

Share your experience too if youve gone through this too.

Thank you

Well your internet is slow in one way or another (you, your region, something idk), because that couldn't be further away from my daily experience.

The only time I had this is when I played on a sheety wifi for a few days.

All that needs fixing is on your end I'm afraid.

-Have you tried changing regions, to see if that is causing the issue

-Is you PS4/5 have lined or WIFI if its hard line have you changed the Ethernet cable

-Another thing to try is if you have at least 4G phone service and can hotspot your phone try to use that to connect to WF to see if you can get a stable connection that does not have the NETWORK NOT RESPONDING error

14 minutes ago, (PSN)Luftgaffe said:

My internet is 20 MB NAT Type 2 and I dont have any problem with any other game. And like I said its not just me all my friends be they on any ISP or any state have this problem. When I started playing I never had this problem, it started after like more than a year of me playing. 

You could try changing your region matchmaking/text channel (idk if you can on console though) as that might fix the problem.

If it doesn't you could also try port forwarding but that does require some decent knowledge of your modem.

Soooo thank you guys @minininja77 - Changing regions ingame doesnt help - Changed the entire router, used new cables/old cables Wifi from 3 different routers, no use - The 4G thing I havent tested recently but it didnt work initially when this problem started happening. Also my friends are on 3 different ISP so and getting this error so im assuming 4G fix might not work either. @More-L Ports forwarded. 

Guys i dont think the problem is on my end. This is a server thing. The game still works, it just stops for 2-3 mins on several points then starts working. If there was something wrong with the connection it wouldn't work at all. This seems to me like a server thing. Think about it, ive been at it for a while now, the game works yet annoyingly the NNR pops up every 5 mins then goes away, multiple people on several networks are having this issue, this is probably on either playstations end or DE cause this looks like a typical server problem. 

Im going to boot it up on PC and see if I get NNR there too. will let you all know.

Thanx again

15 minutes ago, (PSN)Luftgaffe said:

Soooo thank you guys @minininja77 - Changing regions ingame doesnt help - Changed the entire router, used new cables/old cables Wifi from 3 different routers, no use - The 4G thing I havent tested recently but it didnt work initially when this problem started happening. Also my friends are on 3 different ISP so and getting this error so im assuming 4G fix might not work either. @More-L Ports forwarded. 

Guys i dont think the problem is on my end. This is a server thing. The game still works, it just stops for 2-3 mins on several points then starts working. If there was something wrong with the connection it wouldn't work at all. This seems to me like a server thing. Think about it, ive been at it for a while now, the game works yet annoyingly the NNR pops up every 5 mins then goes away, multiple people on several networks are having this issue, this is probably on either playstations end or DE cause this looks like a typical server problem. 

Im going to boot it up on PC and see if I get NNR there too. will let you all know.

Thanx again

Do you play in public or do you only play with your friends?

Warframe doesn't have a "server" like most other games, it is p2p (peer to peer) where one of the squads PC/PS/Xbox acts as the server that does the heavy lifting,

This is a problem i very rarely face , usually when i am having network problems or others in the house are using heavy data,

If connection to the host in your squad is spotty then you usually see those warnings ,

try running solo and check if problem persists , if yes the problem is somewhere along your own internet (or PS) network not able to reach DE database,

If the problem is resolved it is probably that you are connected to players with poor connectivity.

@0_The_F00l The NNR is there even when im not playing and standing in my ship or accessing arsenal. I know what you mean by player acting as the host in mission but warframe also unlike other games has all your ship segments constantly connected to the network server updating every progress as it happens so going in and out of lets say foundry, mods or arsenal is also linked to the network and that is where the annoyance lies the most cause if its taking you 5 mins to get out of arsenal after youve done your modding, well im sure you know what that would feel like. 

THE PROBLEM IS NOT MY NETWORK!

(Not yelling just leaving it here to avoid repitition)

Cause its not just my network its everybody i know playing on console right now in my region regardless of what network or configuration (wifi/lan) their using. This is a console problem specifically. On PC i dont have NNR problem at all. 

This is something DE needs to take a look at. 

Would you mind letting us know whereabouts in the world you reside?  If not publicly with us in the forums, maybe file a support ticket with this information and the fact that you and 3 other friends are all getting Network Not Responding?  DE definitely has servers and CDNs scattered across the world, but most likely not every inch is covered equally.  Perhaps by letting them know that it is spotty in your region, they will be willing to look into problems and/or beef it up a bit?

Now it could also be your ISP messing with you, as some have been known to deploy throttling technologies against its users.  So I would definitely let DE know who your ISP is and send them a copy of your EE.log (not sure how to get this on PS though) so they can troubleshoot the issue.

I was on a long break and came back just recently, I don't get a lot of "Network not responding"
However I have connection issues in the game big time, most of the time -on recruit chat- either players failed to send invites to me or I fail to send invites to them.. or even invites get sent but they or me get "failed to join"
Analyze Network in options shows "All systems nominal." though it does take around 15 seconds analyzing network before it gives me this message .. not sure if they is how long it should take.

and public matchmaking most of the time I end up alone, sometimes one or 2 players would join me

3 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

Well your internet is slow in one way or another (you, your region, something idk), because that couldn't be further away from my daily experience.

The only time I had this is when I played on a sheety wifi for a few days.

All that needs fixing is on your end I'm afraid.

Speaking from experience, I don't think it has much to do with speeds of internet. When I had the "Network not responding" issue, I had surfed the web for weeks, contact my ISP over and over, having them come out countless times to help me figure it out. In the end, it was something to do with my old system that was causing the issue. I was getting the error non-stop on a mostly new laptop, connected via ethernet, and it wasn't until I upgraded to a desktop did the problem cease for some reason. I had checked all the drivers, ports, cables, etc., and, yeah... I have 400mbs+ speed and I can confidently say it's usually just a connectivity hiccup of some sort. In my case, I don't know exactly what was wrong with my old laptop that it kept getting the error (probably because it was a laptop, let's be honest lol). The weird part is that both my old laptop and new desktop both have the same specs, so I honestly don't know what the issue was with the laptop (other than maybe it was just used for gaming too much and the heat was taking its' toll).

3 hours ago, (PSN)Luftgaffe said:

Hey DE & Tenno!

So I've been getting Network not responding error for 2 years now and wondering when is anyone going to do anything about. Stopped playing the game some months befor the lockdown hit, got back into it this month and guess what (NETWORK NOT RESPONDING). The game isn't unplayable for me but its still massively annoying to be stuck on "Creating new session please wait" notification with the network error slapped in the centre of the screen or it taking almost a dozen attempts to login or making accessing ship systems a 5 min ordeal going in or out. 

To get back into the game after such a long time I asked a few friends to start the game, it is a pain to get new people into this nightmare. Everybody in my region keeps getting this error and pretty much have the same experience logging in, launching mission, getting in and out of ship systems etc. 

I love Warframe!  I can't stop praising it to people and I really want people to experience this amazing game you all made but its so hard to defend something that set to destroy its own reputation. The game is playable but nobody wants to stick with it since it has so much downtime being caused by the network error. 

Plz we need a fix!

And yes everything on google on how to fix this error I've tried. Nothing works. 

Thank you

Personally, aside from inevitably upgrading from a laptop to desktop, I was never able to figure out how to get rid of the "Network not responding" error. The only thing that seemed to help was changing my router's firewall settings from the lowest (I think 1) to custom. An ISP tech that I had come out said it would not affect my security, it just gives me more control on what I'd want to block. However, it didn't fully fix the issue, not until I upgraded to desktop (which I know isn't always an option for everyone). I tried a LOT of different stuff to fix it.

Considering your on PSN, I can't really offer much advice, but I'd say it's worth at least trying/checking out a few things.

- Contact your ISP and have them send out a tech to check for noise in your area (I've been lead to believe this can cause a huge issue with connectivity, for everyone in the area. In fact, they ended up finding in my area that one household was causing so much noise is was effecting the entire neighborhood)

- Have them check to see if you need a new line buried (this and having upgraded to desktop were the two things that fixed me having that error constantly)

- Always aim to use ethernet instead of Wi-Fi, as that will obviously offer less connection issues (if it's an option)

- Be sure everything is up to date

- Check to see if your system maybe needs to be cleaned out (ports, fans, the whole nine)

- Try different firewall settings in your router/modem to see if there's any change (like I said, custom proved best for me)

- Hard reset your router/modem, give it about 30 seconds before plugging it back in

- Ensure there's no dust in the vents/ports and make sure it's not in an area that would block too much airflow, as well as keeping it in a relatively cool area so it might refrain from overheating

I'm sure you've tried some of those already, but in case you haven't, give them a shot and see what happens. I still get the error from time to time, but I assume at this point that it has to be on DE's end. I at the very least went from seeing the error upwards of 10-15 times a day, to nearly once every few days. (Something with my old laptop decided to really mess up the internet with the whole household though, not gonna lie. It was really confusing.)

2 hours ago, (PSN)Luftgaffe said:

Thanx again

When you play with your friends, do they also get the error? Whether they do or not, is it when a specific person hosts or does that not matter as well? If it doesn't matter who hosts, it's most definitely on your end (no offense at all). In fact, that would actually be better if it is just on your end because that means it can be fixed a lot sooner than if it were just DE. Considering not everyone has the issue though, and after the experience I shared in my previous comment, I'm more inclined to believe that it's not entirely DE. Like I said there though, I do still get the error from time to time, but Idk that it's DE and not just a peak time in my area.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Luftgaffe said:

@0_The_F00l The NNR is there even when im not playing and standing in my ship or accessing arsenal. I know what you mean by player acting as the host in mission but warframe also unlike other games has all your ship segments constantly connected to the network server updating every progress as it happens so going in and out of lets say foundry, mods or arsenal is also linked to the network and that is where the annoyance lies the most cause if its taking you 5 mins to get out of arsenal after youve done your modding, well im sure you know what that would feel like. 

THE PROBLEM IS NOT MY NETWORK!

(Not yelling just leaving it here to avoid repitition)

Cause its not just my network its everybody i know playing on console right now in my region regardless of what network or configuration (wifi/lan) their using. This is a console problem specifically. On PC i dont have NNR problem at all. 

This is something DE needs to take a look at. 

You might want to raise an official ticket with DE, but this seems more of a PSN issue (could also be your firewall / router settings which is blocking certain traffic and allowing others) as it's working fine on your PC.

I am aware that in the past there were certain country level restrictions that caused issues (specifically in Egypt) that were acknowledged. Might explain why your friends are also having similar issue.

Either way you want to reach support as people on the forum can ,at best ,only guess what the issue is.

2 minutes ago, TzXtetriC said:

The problem isnt the download speed, its the upload speed. 20mb download speed is quite tight for warframe as you host a match p2p, but the upload speed is crucial for this game and i dont think you have more than 10mb upload, not enough

Technically, and no offense, but I don't believe this to be true. Mainly considering this post: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/114368-what-upload-speed-do-i-need-to-host/

A high ping may be a large issue, but as far as download/upload speeds, it's not an issue for everyone.

5 hours ago, (PSN)Luftgaffe said:

Hey DE & Tenno!

Plz we need a fix!

Thank you

Facing the same issue. Came back after a year old hiatus and getting the same problem. Sometimes it takes ages to log in and when it does (with some miracle) login, I keep on getting these delays every now and then.

It's mind boggling since I used to play without any interruptions before I stopped playing. Would really appreciate it if this can be looked into.

Here is a tip:
If the problem is only with SOME people, the problem is with those.

If everyone has the problem, the problem is with DE.

I never have the problems you are talking about, so you should look at your setup.
And here is a No1 tip for this as well:
do.not.use.WLAN! Instead use a terrestrial connection (lan cable).

There you go, this fixes 89.5% of all connection related issues.

Internet issues between network equipment connecting the packets from a person's PC to other networks, be they game servers or other people's PCs in a P2P situation, cannot be controlled by either end user.

This is the inherent unreliability of using the Internet as a production network, because no one entity can control the whole network stack in between each of these endpoints.

As a long time packet wrangler, the exact thing described here would most likely be attributed to a router the end user has to go through for a certain segment of the Internet that includes DE. The additions DE made to the network code to make it more secure are probably going through a router with rules that don't like the changes, much like is/has occurred in some entire countries.

2 hours ago, Dunkelheit said:

Here is a tip:
If the problem is only with SOME people, the problem is with those.

If everyone has the problem, the problem is with DE.

I think this is the case here.

It's probably not about the end user's PC or network necessarily, but it's also probably not a DE issue either, it's simply that not all parts of the Internet connect well to all other parts of teh Internet reliably.

I realize no one wants to hear this and that humans prefer to lay blame in a direct fashion.

@Zimzala Ive said this before, the same network/ router has no NNR issue on PC but simultaneously has NNR on PS4. The total traffic on a server can be reduced if the region is smaller and as the traffic increases it gets bottlenecked on something. And different ISPs different routers and all for all the people I know and play with. Thats a 100% ratio in my list having this problem. 

@Dunkelheit Use a LAN wow perfect dude.  Who wouldve thought a Lan would fix. Oh wait maybe I already did or maybe I was always on one. I guess you should learn to read and invest sometime going through a thread before sharing. Thanx though

15 minutes ago, (PSN)Luftgaffe said:

@Zimzala Ive said this before, the same network/ router has no NNR issue on PC but simultaneously has NNR on PS4. The total traffic on a server can be reduced if the region is smaller and as the traffic increases it gets bottlenecked on something. And different ISPs different routers and all for all the people I know and play with. Thats a 100% ratio in my list having this problem. 

@Dunkelheit Use a LAN wow perfect dude.  Who wouldve thought a Lan would fix. Oh wait maybe I already did or maybe I was always on one. I guess you should learn to read and invest sometime going through a thread before sharing. Thanx though

Bold mine.

That's interesting.

That certainly points to an issue with the PS4 chain somewhere, could be DE's code, could also be where DE's PS4 servers live is different that the PC servers, and have a different route, some badly configured WAF, etc.

Could be that a router someone forgot about in that route died two years ago and a OSPF configuration sometimes tries to send traffic to a device that no longer exists, is misconfigured, w/e.

Thus, the inherent unreliability of the Internet as deployed by humans.

My favorite was chasing a problem with restricted bandwith very randomly to a bad network cable in the rack that had passed multiple previous QA tests. That was an expensive cable replacement in the end.

Even through it's 'only' with DE's game, or just on the PS4, does not automatically mean it is within DEs control or is simple to fix.

If it's not happening to every PS4 player, it becomes hard to pin it directly on DEs code.

If it is happening at the network layer, it could be DE's network, very true.

I have chased these kinds of problems for too long to think in definitive terms when there are so many hops that are not under my control or ability to debug.

There are just too many variables to state this has to be within DEs area of influence.

It's not, however, bad to ask them for help, it may help them understand a difficult problem to solve better if they get more feedback.

Archived