Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why can't I do Railjack missions...

4thBro

No open squad, please go to Dojo!

I go to Dojo. Don't see an option to solo run missions.

I really don't get this.

I JUST WANT TO KILL THE KUVA LICH THAT I HAVE THAT GOT MOVED TO RAILJACKS FOR SOME REASON. THIS HAS BEEN A VERY LONG PROCESS OF CONTENT I NEVER WANTED TO DO.

I don't even know what level 5 Intrinsics MEANS. Does a single category need to be level 5? Do they all? Do I only need 5 Intrinsic points saved up? WHAT DOES IT MEAN.

15 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Well... We've gone full circle.

Hahahaha,

Sorry @4thBro its just how DE has designed it i guess, but its still funny , sorry about your tragedy.

As to the topic at hand:

You would need level 5 in ANY intrinsic tree,

I would suggest Tactical as it will make getting around easier (if you only plan to level one of em to get though lich nodes),

Being able to summon a nechramech can also be fun at times.

You just quoted a very old post...

Why is profile stalking so common?

Anyway...

This Railjack S#&$ is pretty miserable. I have one crew A.I., and my hulls keep getting damaged, I have no idea how to repair, and the A.I. doesn't seem to ever want to do it. I'm doing this quest mission where I have to board a ship and I'm literally #*!%ing failing the mission while I'm aboard the enemy ship, because my main ship is dying to something.

Railjack seems actually unsoloable. But there are also never any people playing them, ESPECIALLY quest missions.

I guess I have to quit Warframe?

AGAIN? And for the same reason as last time???

3 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

GOD I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I AM DOING.

"REPAIR SHIP. REPAIR SHIP."

HOW??? I AM LITERALLY NEVER TOLD HOW TO DO THIS.

MY MISSION RIGHT NOW IS JUST 4 PEOPLE STARING AT A HULL BREACH, WITH NO IDEA HOW TO FIX IT.

assign a crew member to be the engineer (press L while on RJ, or just do it from the dojo console to the right in the dry dock, if you a looking at your RJ)

Same place where you can place new parts on your RJ

Sometimes you need to read what you are told to do, not mindlessly run by WP.

I know you want to kill your Lich and you seem about ready to throw in the towel on Railjack but I’d suggest just pumping the brakes for a bit and focus on turning your Railjack into a flying killing machine. 

Watch some videos explaining the new system and how everything works and just run through the star chart missions. They’ve made it so easy to get mods now and you can make your ship quite strong really quickly now. 

By the time you get to Veil you should be in pretty good shape and just you’ll just be able to run through everything on your own. I know adding the Liches to Railjack sort of gated off that content slightly for people that haven’t progressed that far yet but once you get the hang of everything it’s a pretty fun experience. Just hang in there 😉

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the consequences of my own actions."

If you're trying to go into Liches solo with an unupgraded Railjack you're going to have a bad time, especially if you've gotten your Lich up to lv4/5 before it moved. My advice would  be to go through RJ from the beginning and figure out how it works first. Get to the minimum intrinsic required then just fight the Lich in a pub.

You had months to work on this and were already warned that you wouldn't be able to avoid RJ forever. And yet you technically still can as Liches are optional. But it's only a matter of time before something else is put behind it.

Man. Just because you read an old post of mine doesn't mean you know what I've been doing, lmfao.

"You had months." I wasn't playing for those months. I haven't played in a long time.

I did not expect my active Lich sequence to randomly be moved into Railjack content. Why would I even remotely expect that??? Why are you acting like I was supposed to expect that??? Are you one of those people that just do that about everything??? Act like your hindsight is your foresight???

33 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

You just quoted a very old post...

Because it shows that you've been active enough to know the answers to some of the questions you were "Beheaded Kamikaze Asking" about.

34 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

Why is profile stalking so common?

Because some names, yours included, have patterns in their posts. And it tickles memories of "What have I not seen this guy say something like that before?" of the more active/old members and they WILL search your profile to scratch that tickle memory.

36 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

Anyway...

This Railjack S#&$ is pretty miserable. I have one crew A.I., and my hulls keep getting damaged, I have no idea how to repair, and the A.I. doesn't seem to ever want to do it. I'm doing this quest mission where I have to board a ship and I'm literally #*!%ing failing the mission while I'm aboard the enemy ship, because my main ship is dying to something.

Railjack seems actually unsoloable. But there are also never any people playing them, ESPECIALLY quest missions.

I guess I have to quit Warframe?

AGAIN? And for the same reason as last time???

You didnt invest on it. You are just reaping the consequences. You are using something under-equipped, under-leveled, under-prepared and taking it to a higher level mission. Just like when I jump into a mission in this little gacha game I'm currently playing that is 50 levels above mine: You will get your ass destroyed and will have no one but yourself to blame.

Well, if you quit Warframe AGAIN, then it may have to be permanent this time, because when you return, more Railjack content will likely be put, more quests will require it and the very reason you "quit" will be even more abundant.

The Lich is now in another area, actually invest in Railjack, give your AI crew some good weapons and put them in the correct roles.

1 minute ago, 4thBro said:

Man. Just because you read an old post of mine doesn't mean you know what I've been doing, lmfao.

"You had months." I wasn't playing for those months. I haven't played in a long time.

I did not expect my active Lich sequence to randomly be moved into Railjack content. Why would I even remotely expect that??? Why are you acting like I was supposed to expect that??? Are you one of those people that just do that about everything??? Act like your hindsight is your foresight???

You have been active for WEEKS in those forums before this thread, it wouldnt be wrong to assume that you at least checked the changes that happened since.

Kinda crappy how folks are getting on OP's case for not knowing how to do the content they didn't do because they didn't want to do it.  I mean heck, I love Railjack, but I totally get how if you weren't into it and were just doing Liches, and then all of a sudden an update comes out that changes Liches so it now requires mid-level Railjack, that would be a frustrating change.  Honestly I think OP's taking it pretty well, all things considered.  Try to have a bit of compassion.  Let's give OP some help instead of pouring salt in their wound.

To OP: DE has rarely taught players to play any part of their game, and Railjack is the same.  If you want to know what you're doing, you're going to need to lean on the wiki, the forums, or YouTubers.  Such is Warframe.

You'll probably want to start doing Earth missions and focus on a single Intrinsics tree so you can get it to 5 ASAP.  At that point, join a group with others to take down all of your Liches together; this will increase your own personal rewards as well as give you capable companions to get through the Railjack mission with.  Good luck!

46 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

GOD I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I AM DOING.

"REPAIR SHIP. REPAIR SHIP."

HOW??? I AM LITERALLY NEVER TOLD HOW TO DO THIS.

MY MISSION RIGHT NOW IS JUST 4 PEOPLE STARING AT A HULL BREACH, WITH NO IDEA HOW TO FIX IT.

My Tenno Dude or Dudette, we would love to help you, but this approach just makes it sound like you are shouting. Please Stahp!

My Tenno, use group missions to get your intrinsics up to get a couple crew. Go to Ticker and get a crew member with really high engineering, and one with gunnery for start, you can get a defender next. Put them in the appropriate roles. 

Focus on intrinsics for crew first so you can have a full crew and get a defender from ticker give it a good aoe weapon and put it in the appropriate role. 

???

Grofit. 

Yeah, judging from some posts and the amount of Likes they are getting, it seems people just wanted to put someone down today, and found me.

This guy even suggests that I already knew the answers to the questions I was asking about. What???????? That's literally looking for a fight, despite all logical thought and reasoning.

27 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Kinda crappy how folks are getting on OP's case for not knowing how to do the content they didn't do because they didn't want to do it.  I mean heck, I love Railjack, but I totally get how if you weren't into it and were just doing Liches, and then all of a sudden an update comes out that changes Liches so it now requires mid-level Railjack, that would be a frustrating change.  Honestly I think OP's taking it pretty well, all things considered.  Try to have a bit of compassion.  Let's give OP some help instead of pouring salt in their wound.

To OP: DE has rarely taught players to play any part of their game, and Railjack is the same.  If you want to know what you're doing, you're going to need to lean on the wiki, the forums, or YouTubers.  Such is Warframe.

You'll probably want to start doing Earth missions and focus on a single Intrinsics tree so you can get it to 5 ASAP.  At that point, join a group with others to take down all of your Liches together; this will increase your own personal rewards as well as give you capable companions to get through the Railjack mission with.  Good luck!

Yeah, a friend got on, and we embarked on Railjack troll together. It more than halved the stress of it all, we figured out the Forge lets us make more hull repairing mats, etc etc. I now have Rank 5 Engineering, and some miscellaneous other ranked stuff (Piloting, Commander, namely). It's coming together.

I daresay this could even be fun, with 4 friends, everyone playing roles. But I don't have 4 friends that play WF, lmao.

My concern is that I may need to buy mods to make my Railjack tankier? Since sometimes, when 20+ enemies are swarming around, I feel like we're in a perpetual state of hull repairs.

We'll see.

30 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

My Tenno Dude or Dudette, we would love to help you, but this approach just makes it sound like you are shouting. Please Stahp!

My Tenno, use group missions to get your intrinsics up to get a couple crew. Go to Ticker and get a crew member with really high engineering, and one with gunnery for start, you can get a defender next. Put them in the appropriate roles. 

Focus on intrinsics for crew first so you can have a full crew and get a defender from ticker give it a good aoe weapon and put it in the appropriate role. 

???

Grofit. 

I AM shouting!

But shouting and yelling isn't always serious-toned. You gotta try to hear tone through text; it's a hard skill, but makes communication all that much smoother once you are able to do that. :)

first of all, you need to calm down, young padawan.

i don't know how old are you, or how much experience you have on internet forums, but typing in caps, and doing multiple posts is a no-go. the multiple punctuations clearly expresses your disappointment as well, no need to point it at these lovely people trying to help.
even if you don't care about etiquettes, it just make people lose interest in helping you.

and secondly, yeah people do look at other's background.
we give suggestions around here. and suggestions will be better if we know more about the people we advice.
people with nothing to hide have nothing to worry.

lastly, people here gains absolutely nothing from your misfortunes.
all most of us want to do is provide help, so if you can just calm down, and carefully read (just the) the good advices (ignore the trolls), you will be able to get through this.

good luck, tenno.

Just now, 4thBro said:

I AM shouting!

But shouting and yelling isn't always serious-toned. You gotta try to hear tone through text; it's a hard skill, but makes communication all that much smoother once you are able to do that. :)

Shouting at all in life is never taken as polite, and on the internet, regardless of context, using all caps is also seen as an expression of anger and ranting. You would do well, especially on the internet with an international audience, to focus more on how your words are perceived, than condescending to and expecting others to take responsibility for your inability to clearly communicate.

My condolences, OP, you need to grind railjack before you can go after liches.

I suggest watching this:

Get to work and good luck!

Seriously, I hate Railjack and avoid Liches as plague, I feel really sorry for people who had active lich when they got moved to Railjack.

6 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Shouting at all in life is never taken as polite, and on the internet, regardless of context, using all caps is also seen as an expression of anger and ranting. You would do well, especially on the internet with an international audience, to focus more on how your words are perceived, than condescending to and expecting others to take responsibility for your inability to clearly communicate.

Okay.

Never mind, then. You are right.

Shouting is always bad, capital letters are always bad, and shame on me for not being the way you are.

You have no responsibility to understand tones, as that responsibility is entirely on the speaker to ensure - nay - babysit listeners to fully understand every pixel and every particle that is being said.

I dunno, getting some weird vibes in here.

Don't even worry about it. Close thread. WE'RE DONE, BOYS.

-Oops, I used caps.

(We're done, boys.)

Just now, 4thBro said:

Okay.

Never mind, then. You are right.

Shouting is always bad, capital letters are always bad, and shame on me for not being the way you are.

You have no responsibility to understand tones, as that responsibility is entirely on the speaker to ensure - nay - babysit listeners to fully understand every pixel and every particle that is being said.

I dunno, getting some weird vibes in here.

Don't even worry about it. Close thread. WE'RE DONE, BOYS.

-Oops, I used caps.

(We're done, boys.)

See, this is the mature, rational response people were waiting for.

6 minutes ago, Hayrack said:

My condolences, OP, you need to grind railjack before you can go after liches.

I suggest watching this:

Get to work and good luck!

Seriously, I hate Railjack and avoid Liches as plague, I feel really sorry for people who had active lich when they got moved to Railjack.

I'll check this out.

Yeah, I just went into my Lich encounter mission. What the hell was that. It says it only requires Rank 5 Intrinsic, but clearly, there should be some other requirement, too. It would take my entire heat gauge to kill a simple fighter ship, and I had to kill about 58 of them and god knows what else.

Clearly, there is a lot of Railjack strength to still be gained, which I guess can only come from mods at this point...

sigh...!

I hated railjack to start with and did everything I could to avoid it but having played warframe for a while I knew they were going to add more and more behind rj. Watching devstream you could tell it was Steve's baby and would become bigger. So I did what I didn't want to do, I grinded it out. But as my ship got better and I started understanding it more I actually started enjoying it. Now I've maxed it out which makes it a much better experience.

I get you don't like it and I feel you bro but it looks like it's going to get even more important. No doubt the New War will also involve it. Stick with it, grind it out and hopefully you'll get into it a bit more.

Good luck my friend!

1 minute ago, 4thBro said:

I'll check this out.

Yeah, I just went into my Lich encounter mission. What the hell was that. It says it only requires Rank 5 Intrinsic, but clearly, there should be some other requirement, too. It would take my entire heat gauge to kill a simple fighter ship, and I had to kill about 58 of them and god knows what else.

Clearly, there is a lot of Railjack strength to still be gained, which I guess can only come from mods at this point...

sigh...!

The rank 5 intrinsic requirement is also meant to act as a recommendation of experience. Generally once you get that you have learned the bare minimum of how to use, mod and play with a railjack - as others have already said it's very clear you have not. Take the time to learn the gamemode first before diving headfirst into what can only be described as a bloodbath with your setup.

1 minute ago, TomCruisesSon said:

See, this is the mature, rational response people were waiting for.

Yeah, I get it, but I'm not here to try to show off how mature I can be. Typically, that's for people that don't really have much else going on.

I'm just communicating my messages, sometimes they're nice, sometimes they're snarky, whatever.

This isn't a Maturity Competition. It's a forum, for basic human interaction. And when I express frustration for game mechanics, and I'm met with profile stalking and ridiculing, paired with assumptions that I spent all my time playing Warframe and already know the answers to my questions and am just asking them to be obnoxious, then yeah. Guess what. That's met with sarcasm and other such elements that would then earn me further ridiculing for not being a model citizen and upright, mature nobelman.

Such is human interaction, after all.

Archived