Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Have we been Taking Chesacrate For Granted ?

Lutesque

For those of you don't know... "Chesacrate" is the name given to The Chesa Kubrow's Retrieve Precept which is basically a Pocket Desecrate...

For those of us who don't have Everything... Smeeta Kavat's Charm Precept has been the "Meta Companion" Because it's the only Companion that can mimic the effect of Boosters using one of Charm's effects... The Affinity Buff.... 

However since I returned I've been noticing Situations where it's Better to drag Chester II (My Chesa Kubrows) into Content where I need to defile some Corpses.... For example the Deimos Isolation Vault Bounties... Turns out you can Re-Roll the Drop Tables on The Corpses of Dead Mechs to get not only Additional Orokin Matrices but also another Roll for  for Damage Necramech Weapon Parts or even Scintallint 😮 !!!!

It's also Pretty good when Soloing Regular Bounties because of the Excavator Stage Specifically... Naturally DE always gimps the spawn rate of the key enemy in this Bounty, The Power Cell Guys... And it turns out Chester II can Defile their Corpses for an Additional Power Cell that can be used to fuel the excavator's.

Soooo... I'm thinking I've been taking Chester II for Granted and ought to consider bringing him along with me more Often and instead of just Defaulting to Smeeta Kavat for almost everything.... I might even toss in some Extra Forma if he's good boy...

whos-a-good-boy-dog-raising-his-hand-paw

1 hour ago, ReddyDisco said:

Chesacrate sounds like a chocolate bar your dietician told you not to eat but you do it while he's not watching and then complain its his fault you haven't lost weight

Well... It is his fault isn't it... He shouldn't be mentioning that candy bar in the first place...😤.

1 hour ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I actually got a few rare mods that I didn't own from dig. It was a good companion when I was a newer player. As a vet, I don't have much need for dropped loot now though. 

Dig can generate Mods ? 😱 How ?

Like many mechanics, it's one of those things you put in your pocket for later when you find a situation it excels in. Smeeta is preferred because for general usage it is much more convenient and meaningful (also the fact Charm can stack on itself).

41 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Well... It is his fault isn't it... He shouldn't be mentioning that candy bar in the first place...😤.

Dig can generate Mods ? 😱 How ?

It can. It got me a stance mod I was farming for while waiting at the exit. 

Dig was useful as a newbie. 

54 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

yes, totally his fault and not my weak constitution 

I'm glad you agree 😁

25 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

It can. It got me a stance mod I was farming for while waiting at the exit. 

Dig was useful as a newbie. 

Now I'm glad I Forma'd every pet in the game.... I should give this a shot....

46 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

If you feel like you have to explain your jargon before anybody has even asked, why use it in the first place?

I'm too lazy to do that hence why I embedded links to the stuff I'm talking about....

It's not like I left you completely in the dark 😛...

Just now, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

So looking into retrieve, it mostly only works outside of combat, only works on one corpse at a time, and relies on the kubrow AI to actually remember that it should be doing this thing...

Honestly sounds pretty lackluster for getting extra loot.

Sounds like it has some pocket use potential for certain situations though, like farming silver grove specters or mech parts. 

7 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

Why not just take Nekros instead then? With that and the Smeeta, you get your cake and eat it too.

This kind of sentiment confuses me a little.

”Why not take [insert piece of equipment here]” comes across oddly, because we can only bring a handful of things to a mission, and sometimes it’s a matter of simply wanting to use something else instead of the most efficient option.

Or is this like a suggestion in case someone hadn’t considered Nekros?

This thread is still here ? 

I thought nobody cared 😝....

Ah well....

10 hours ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

So looking into retrieve, it mostly only works outside of combat, only works on one corpse at a time, 10 seconds between attempts, and relies on the kubrow AI to actually remember that it should be doing this thing...

Honestly sounds pretty lackluster for getting extra loot.

Is it really just one Corpse at a time ? I swear it feels like it's Desecrating either Simultaneously or faster than the Cool Down Duration says so on the Mod Description.... Hence why I made this Thread....

The Wiki doesn't give a Definitive answer either....

What I can confirm with Absolutely Certainty is that It does infact Work in the Middle of Combat.... Obviously I can't see because I'm busy Commiting Genocide but I can hear the distinct Desecrate Sound Affect in the middle of Combat...

For anyone who doesn't Know... Unlike Other Mods... Precept Mods work in a Specific Order.... In the case of Sentinals you'l want Primed Regen to be at the upper most left side of your Precept Order because it's if it's not The very First Precept for whatever reason... Your Sentinal might die just once and never return....

In the case of beasts you'll want whatever your Beasts Special Ability Precept is to be in front of all the other ones so that it prioritises that one first.... For example always put Charm ahead of Mischief so that your Smeeta Kavat will consider using Charm first before Mischief... It probably only uses mischief during Charm's cool down.... 

And lastly... Always put Fetch/Vacuum last.... These precepts always Work so don't put them ahead of any other Precepts 😱 !!! It's possible for them to block Any precepts behind them Indefinitely since They are technically always Active.

As far as I can tell.... The Tek, Synth and Mecha Sets are not Precepts there for you can out them wherever and they won't interfere with Precepts.... Also I can confirm that The Mecha set is Steel Path Viable... Shockingly enough 😲....

10 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Or is this like a suggestion in case someone hadn’t considered Nekros?

I have reserved my self to using only 3 Specific Warframe's unless the game forces me to use a Specific one... In this case it's Booben, Ivara and Mag.... Lately I'be been using Mag almost exclusively so that she shows up as my 3rd most use frame in my Profile.... It's rough because even my Original Mag is placed higher than Mag Prime.... But I was able to do it with Booben and Ivara therefore IL do it with Maggy... No matter how many missions it takes....

Right now Mesa Prime is Borking the usage stats because I've been relying on her to make the Protea Farm Bearable (got the Systems last night but didn't get the Neuroptics 😞)....

Oh crap... I've been rambling... Anyway to keep a long story short... In using ChesaCrate so that I can keep using Mag 😝.... Also I'm not fond of Nekros....

21 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

inb4 next patch notes says "fixed a bug that made Chesa desecrate enemies"

OP. What the hell. You definitely took Chesacrate behind the shed to be taken care of. The rule number one about cheese: we don't talk about cheese.

10 minutes ago, Hayrack said:

OP. What the hell. You definitely took Chesacrate behind the shed to be taken care of. The rule number one about cheese: we don't talk about cheese.

DE Already knows and Already Nerfed this Thing twice Already... Luckily one of these was Reversed...

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

DE Already knows and Already Nerfed this Thing twice Already... Luckily one of these was Reversed...

Maybe just a small number of players (ab)use it? Rhetorical question, what are the odds they will re-reverse it if it gains popularity?

Archived