Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Resurgence Dev Workshop & FAQ

[DE]Danielle

This question pertains to the regular Aya. I was wondering if any of the boosters will affect Aya? It's being used as a currency, like credits, so would a credit booster work on it (probably not)? However, it's been referred to as a resource as well, so would it be more likely that a resource booster would work on it (again probably not as it doubles like the credit booster does), or would it more likely be the resource drop chance booster? Since we don't know if Aya is a guaranteed drop (or do we? I skimmed) or how much will drop, looking at the prices in the shop that use Aya, it seems like the drops would be small and far between (maybe like tellurium or argon). So, a drop chance booster seems like the most likely booster to work (if they allow boosters at all).

Why can’t I trade Regal Aya? 

Regal Aya is untradeable to maintain the premium prestige that comes with Prime Accessories. In principle, all Prime Accessories have remained a cash-only transaction, and Regal Aya continues that since it is paid only.

Ok i have all prime items , so i imagine i just skip this event ? like hallo-useless-ween event ?

If I'm not getting the bonus plat to use for trading in-game, why buy the full vaults.  The plat is what made the purchase of vaults reasonable. 

U could use the plat to buy 3 pack forma, trade for needed mods/rivens, trade for tradable weapon/necramech parts,  "to get ready for the New War". 

As stated in the post Regal Aya is not available for trade.

As a player that has all the prime gear and most of Bari's inventory, that's not into fashion frame. I would buy a vault just for the discounted plat if I needed some.  I've never purchased stand alone plat and don't plan to start anytime soon.

Also is that a type-o?

Current vault $59.99.

15 Regal Aya $79.99

Supposedly purchasing the same gear, but no plat cost $20.00 more.

The Prime Vaulting hasn't been cancelled yet, so you could still be able to get your packs like usual. While the Vaulting will also happen next year, if DE sees that this "event" brings more funds, be prepared to get a fully permanent Prime Resurgence event available instead of it.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)the1stjester said:

Also is that a type-o?

Current vault $59.99.

15 Regal Aya $79.99

Supposedly purchasing the same gear, but no plat cost $20.00 more.

No, it's correct. Just weird. The third tier isn't equal to a dual pack, it's valued higher.

One Vault Pack (frame, weapons, accessories, etc) is 6 Regal Aya. The middle tier gets you 7 Regal Aya for $40, meaning you get one spare. However, instead of 400p you get 10k Endo.

One dual Vault Pack (both frames, weapons, accessories, etc) is 10 Regal Aya. The middle tier gets you 7 Regal Aya for $40, and the first tier gets you 3 Regal Aya for $20. So the total is $60 like before. However, instead of 1,200p you get 50k Endo. You also get nothing spare to spend unlike the single pack.

The $80 Regal Aya pack gets you 15 Regal Aya, which gets you one dual pack and 5 spare Regal Aya to spend on other things. Again with the caveat that you get no plat for any of this.

HUGE missed opportunity to give veteran f2p players something to actually do in this game for once. If you already have all the prime frames then this "event" offers absolutely nothing new but if I had the opportunity to earn primed accessories in game even if it meant grinding my ass off then I'd actually have a reason to play again instead of waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting for actual new content to drop.

il y a 1 minute, RobouteRob a dit :

aya's fine, regal's not

why overcomplicate the trade with new currency?

why not put cash in regal's place? it's simpler

the update's just a testing grounds for regal, just thinking the future of this currency makes me shed tears of pai-i mean joy.

Because plat values are not the same across all platforms and it creates an issue they need to fix before crossplay goes live. Platform contracts for tradable currencies strongly limit their options.

2 minutes ago, PlanckZero said:

HUGE missed opportunity to give veteran f2p players something to actually do in this game for once. If you already have all the prime frames then this "event" offers absolutely nothing new but if I had the opportunity to earn primed accessories in game even if it meant grinding my ass off then I'd actually have a reason to play again instead of waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting for actual new content to drop.

Well, we veterans have been shafted for years, so at this point I got used to it. It would be really cool to farm prime accessories for free (even if it required ultra grind, I would farm it), but I understand that DE doesn't want to piss off people who paid for them in the first place.

On 2021-11-03 at 2:05 AM, [DE]Danielle said:

What requires Aya vs. Regal Aya to purchase? And why?

All of Varzia’s wares maintain their previous acquisition methods. If something was purchase-only via Prime Vault, it will appear in her shop as such (Prime Accessories for example) and will require Regal Aya to purchase. While others that have been previously released through a free-path method, will maintain that as well using free-path Aya.

So it is guaranteed that Prime Gaming accessories needs normal Aya and not Prime Aya, or?

52 minutes ago, Cazzzz said:

If you are just gonna quote me to tell me "Dont bad talk DE" you can stop there.

their decision is to have the oldest unvaulted frames made available, and not the ones that were available very recently. As they say its to ensure the hardest to get frames are there. You seem to be totally upset that the one you wanted isn't available, but they make the game for everyone, not just you. So I'm happy they restricted it to these old, expensive and difficult to get frames. If you want Bansheer, plenty of her relics are floating around in players inventories right now, so they don't need ot add them all over again, not when we can have Mag relics (last seen years ago) and the others instead.

If this is a success, then Banshee will be added to the next resurgence event, that will become the new way of vaulting relics so she'll be regularly available, along with the rest.

8 minutes ago, sapphicReprobate said:

Because plat values are not the same across all platforms and it creates an issue they need to fix before crossplay goes live. Platform contracts for tradable currencies strongly limit their options.

i never said anything about plat tho, only cash?

Do you mean there's a cash price discrepancy between platforms? or there's a platform that don't allow selling things for cash?

This is a great way to obtain frames/weapons that new players didn't have access to and a step in the right direction. But with that said, the Regal Aya cost is incorrect and dangerously misleading for new players. 

Presently paying 19.99 gets you platinum and 2 pieces of gear whereas paying 19.99 for the Regal Aya would only get you Targis Prime.

Platinum is a real world currency that can be used on exclusive merchandise from cosmetics and skins to Warframes and weapons. It has real value. Endo however can be easily farmed and most have more of it than they know what to do with. It can't be used to purchase anything.

Vets know the price and value of prime accessories and won't fall for this. They understand just how much value platinum has and that you get far more for your money with the actual packs. Newbies won't.

So tldr: Unfortunately regal Aya is an insult to Vets and a dangerous trap for new players who don't know the value of their money. 

On 2021-11-02 at 7:05 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

Prime Accessories vary based on size and type, with the values potentially being: 

• Prime Accessory = 1 Regal Aya
  • Prime Accessory = 3 Regal Aya

[ ... ]

Purchasing a Prime Accessory Set = 3 Regal Aya or 19.99 USD

This section, I believe, has some errors in it, as the information doesn't really match up:
a) I don't believe you meant to write "Prime Accessory" twice, since that defeats the purpose of them being separate bullet points, obviously.

b) It's really not clear how the second price that you list ("Prime Accessory Set") derives from the prices-per-piece you list above. A breakdown-by-piece as given for Warframe- and Dual-bundles would be in order there, I guess.

Tbh? Not a big fan.

I mean the thought of bringing back the prime frames for new players is nice and all, but I have this hunch it will give prime trading the final blow and only riven trading will be left as a valid way to make decent platinum, since trade chat deflation in that regard is bad as is. Which also is a disadvantage for new players who need slots and catalysts.

Furthermore and this is crucial, it feels like a cheap way to introduce a new premium currency to the game. One that can NOT be earned. One of the main reasons why Warframe grasped my attention in the first place was the fact it wasn't scummy (the story about you guys getting rid of the pet slot machine to be precise). And the introduction of a new super premium currency sure feels like a step into the wrong direction, it feels like all the fears of Tencent taking over starts to take shape. If you fully embrace that way and build further on top of that Regal system, it will make a lot of players leave.

When some chinese overlord needs more money, slap him and tell him he has enough as is. Thank you.

Why do i feel like this event + new war kinda mark the end of warframe as we know it... nothing has been said about "whats after the new war?"... like let's be serious for a sec, warframe is 8 years old and soonTM will be 9, sell-out events like this one making them loose money over prime vault sales because less people will want to just buy " ingame currency" + the biggest lore quest to date at the same time + future implementation of cross-play and cross-save, that raise some serious questions like, will this be the end ? will there be major updates in the future ? more lore quest ? are they working on a "warframe 2 electric boogaloo" ? will lotus die for good ?! idk about you guys but this to me seems like the end of something..

I understand offering platinum as purchasable with Regal Aya sounds convoluted (Premium currency bought using another premium currency)
How about offering platinum when we purchase Regal Aya? (i.e) When we buy X Regal Aya pack players also get Y amounts of Platinum as a bonus.  

Reason being: Platinum is more choice to the customer. 

Archived