Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Resurgence Dev Workshop & FAQ

[DE]Danielle

I want to spend all of my Christmas bonus check on prime accessories. This makes me so happy!

However, I see now that Regal Aya prices are a little steep compared to normal vault prices.

Also, if I'm going to spend money on It, it will help to have all prime and prime gaming accessories RA prices so I could plan my RA purchase.

This is the best idea i have ever heard .I like the idea that prime cosmetics can be bought for real money! This way everyone is satisfy plus you have free content for "none supporters" of Warframe !I don't think you(none supporters) should  blame the DE for this kind of event  they made! This rotation solves the huge problem which was related to huge amount of time which we had to wait until next release.

Thank you DE and wish you the best!

21 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

No, it's correct. Just weird. The third tier isn't equal to a dual pack, it's valued higher.

One Vault Pack (frame, weapons, accessories, etc) is 6 Regal Aya. The middle tier gets you 7 Regal Aya for $40, meaning you get one spare. However, instead of 400p you get 10k Endo.

One dual Vault Pack (both frames, weapons, accessories, etc) is 10 Regal Aya. The middle tier gets you 7 Regal Aya for $40, and the first tier gets you 3 Regal Aya for $20. So the total is $60 like before. However, instead of 1,200p you get 50k Endo. You also get nothing spare to spend unlike the single pack.

The $80 Regal Aya pack gets you 15 Regal Aya, which gets you one dual pack and 5 spare Regal Aya to spend on other things. Again with the caveat that you get no plat for any of this.

Okay, I went to the website.  I've seen all the prices and packs now. Thanks for your comment.

I realize I'm just 1 person, but I'm sure there are others in my similar situation. I have almost everything in-game. Just need plat for forma, potatoes, and the occasional rare piece that won't drop for me. Unless I can exchange that 5 extra Regal Aya for 3 times the plat I used to get, I'm not spending $80 for no plat on something that used to cost $60 with plat. 

Just now, (PSN)the1stjester said:

Okay, I went to the website.  I've seen all the prices and packs now. Thanks for your comment.

I realize I'm just 1 person, but I'm sure there are others in my similar situation. I have almost everything in-game. Just need plat for forma, potatoes, and the occasional rare piece that won't drop for me. Unless I can exchange that 5 extra Regal Aya for 3 times the plat I used to get, I'm not spending $80 for no plat on something that used to cost $60 with plat.

I'm in the same boat, and won't be participating unless prices are adjusted. If the pricing were fair then this would be a great addition, but excluding the plat and making the accessories more expensive is a complete non-starter.

Le 02/11/2021 à 20:05, [DE]Danielle a dit :

Prime Accessories vary based on size and type, with the values potentially being: 

• Prime Accessory = 1 Regal Aya
  • Prime Accessory = 3 Regal Aya

...So a small syandana is going to cost more than a big syandana ?
And what accessories will be what cost ?

It woudl be nice to know in advance the Regal price of upcoming items, because while I MAY be able to secure some Regal Aya to buy something
I will definitely NOT try to if I don't know if it's within reach or not

Distilling Extractor Prime & Blueprint

Titan Extractor Prime & Blueprint

Will those become ever available to farm ?
I thought the point of prime accessories were to be cosmetic only and not gate some gameplay-impacting behind paywalls (I will not talk about Excal Prime, it's a while another case I'm fine with since it was an exclusive)...I've seen in the wiki (which i think is trustable) Prime distillers have increased stats when compared to non-prime...
Wouldn't that make sense to give them the Prime Collar treatement ?

Release evergreen rewards (rewards that are permanent) in Varzia’s store:

• For purchase with Regal Aya:
    • Non-Program Prime Gear:
      • Burston Prime
      • Fang Prime
      • Lex Prime
      • Braton Prime
  • Premium Twitch Prime and other Prime Gaming content that has yet to be re-released since their original run. 

So we agree we will be able to buy old Twitch Prime and Prime Gaming rewards with normal Asa ? And not Regal one ?

A let down for the accessories really, this is actually more expensive than Prime Vault.

Accessories Pack bought from Prime Vault cost 120k IDR and you get all accessories from the said pack. Compared to this, 3 Regal Aya costs 120k IDR and you can redeem it only for an Edo Prime Armor, which cost 3 Regal Aya. Usually you get a Prime Sugatra/Armor and a Prime Syandana with that amount of money spent. Maybe tweak the Regal Aya a bit?

This will be remembered as the Day Warframe messed up

Currently Warframe is considered the BEST F2P game out there 
and that is a privilege, and a matter of fine balance

Adding a Premium Currency to Compete with Platinum
will only shatter this game further and devalue Plat

And the fact you guys pointed out that
"There are no plans to add ANOTHER Premium Currency"
is honestly really concerning....

The only way this will work is if: 

- Regal Aya can be Purchased with Platinum.
- Normal Aya can be used to Purchase Cosmetics.

As long those two Statements Remain False, this System will always SUCK.

No amount of Endo is worth Platinum. Only suckers would buy the Platinum->Endo (or Plat->Credits) market items, to the point where the high roller credit bundle is a meme. That is very telling.

In the same way, Prime Accessories pack prices have been persistently bloated with the inclusion of unnecessary Boosters, which always turned me away from buying them - I can farm out what Boosters covered, or wait fora login/Sortie to give me that boost.

I know I'm not the only one feeling that way - feedback has often asked for a "just the Accessory items" purchase in the past. This was almost that, but you failed to value it accordingly.

Pricing Regal Aya at the 'current' (booster-bloated) equivalence for an accessory bundle is bad enough, but overpricing the non-bundle, individual item purchases and removing Actual Value platinum from all of the packs is strictly not acceptable.

Maybe you should have made the Aya figures an order of magnitude higher so you have better granularity to wield when setting price points? An extra zero on purchase quantities doesn't matter to a digital currency, but it absolutely matters if the maths necessitates items to be priced in-between (where an Accessory Pack totals 3/30, a high-tier and low-tier item could be 25+5 (fair 30) instead of 1 + 3 (inequivalent 40))

Did a fair amount of looking before deciding to weigh in.

The Aya part seems perfect and a wonderful addition. I'm excited for a real chance to farm prime frames I've always wanted.

I do agree with others that the Regal Aya seems a little steep.  But... Prime vault/purchasable prime packs have always been really expensive to me. 

Since I've known about prime access/vault.  I think I have only bought one accessory pack.  Which was because the accessories where actually really nice for me and the 200 plat kind of helped.  Other than that way too much money for me to spend on a game even with the plat. 

My only thought would be to adjust pricing values if possible to match common purchasable gift card values for the respective platforms.  

Other than that no complaints I guess the 25 I wasted on a card I can put toward the Regal so I can fast track a frame I have little to no blueprints for.

So about this one

• JAN 11, 2022: 2-Part Finale begins! 
    • Everything above + Nyx Prime & Rhino Prime    <-- THIS ONE
      • Scindo Prime
      • Hikou Prime
      • Ankyros Prime
      • Boltor Prime
      • Targis Prime Armor Set
      • Vala Prime Sugatra 
      • Noru Prime Syandana 
      • Distilling Extractor Prime & Blueprint

Are you saying with this that the Prime Vault will be replaced with another Prime Vault while the Event is going? Or will Nyx and Rhino stay as the Prime Vault untill the End of the Event?

Regal Aya needs some tweaking bad. $20 was the same price as accessory packs which often contain more than 1 accessory, now that's the price for just the armor that's included and no platinum.... 

Each Prime Vault accessories pack usually contains about $10 in platinum which means that the other $10 should cover the other contents, in reality the pricing is much worse. As an example of this I'll use the current Prime Vault accessory packs

1 RA is worth $6.66 USD. All accessories should be priced at $5 going by the pricing of Prime Vault accessory packs

Rhino prime accessories

>Prime Extractor: 1 RA

>Noru prime Syandana: 1 RA

>2 RA is equivalent to $13.32, this is an increase of 33.2% compared to what the price should be

Nyx Prime accessories

>Vala Prime Sugatra: 1 RA

>Targis Prime Armor Set: 3 RA 

>4 RA is equivalent $26.64, this is an increase of a staggering 166.4% compared to the standard pricing presented in the packs

Even in a best-case scenario you're still overpaying for accessories by a third of what they originally costed. Pricing for both Royal Aya and the accessories has to be changed, this pricing is a complete rip-off

2 hours ago, InfernoTitan360 said:

In preparation for the new war.... Ends in January 2022.... Does this mean what i think it is? DElayed? :(

2 hours ago, DeweySalt said:

Does this mean The New War has been delayed to after January 2022? It seems unusual to run an event like this concurrently with a big update.

The event will run alongside The New War's release!

2 minutes ago, _YamiRyu_ said:

So about this one

• JAN 11, 2022: 2-Part Finale begins! 
    • Everything above + Nyx Prime & Rhino Prime    <-- THIS ONE
      • Scindo Prime
      • Hikou Prime
      • Ankyros Prime
      • Boltor Prime
      • Targis Prime Armor Set
      • Vala Prime Sugatra 
      • Noru Prime Syandana 
      • Distilling Extractor Prime & Blueprint

Are you saying with this that the Prime Vault will be replaced with another Prime Vault while the Event is going? Or will Nyx and Rhino stay as the Prime Vault untill the End of the Event?

Nyx Prime and Rhino Prime will be available during the finale of Prime Resurgence, not as their own Prime Vault outside of the event. 

Although the event in itself is a nice idea to improve weekly engagement, Regal Aya is everything that's wrong with premium currencies: lack of transparency, confusing pricing - some of these price equivalences do not make sense and I've seen a few people going one step further and calling it a downright scam - honestly, I can't blame them for the hyperbole.

The lack of liquidity of that premium currency also poses the age-old issue of fractional purchases which are considered abusive by the absolute majority of players: you never get exactly the currency you need to buy the item you want and it requires from the player to always buy currency in excess because you can only buy packs, as opposed to the Prime Access system where you pay exactly for what you get. Then there's the problem of unused Regal Aya (or Raya for short)... Let's say someone buys Raya, planning to purchase a specific Prime item... if for any reason they miss the -quite short- window, they'll be stuck with Raya they can't use?

I don't know about you, but if I pay real money for an in-game digital item, I strongly expect to get the item I paid for.

Don't hesitate to tell me If I'm reading anything wrong here, because Warframe has been the gold standard of coherent and non-abusive free-to-play monetization and to me this is moving multiple steps away from it. This is exactly the kind of changes I hoped not to see when I read about the acquisition news.

The regal aya doesn't seem right pricing wise. 3 for 15$ seems to line up with the prime unvault packs more since there's no plat bundle with prime resurgence. And more clear prices for the accessories would great since 1-3 is very vague and lead to too much speculation since there's such a large variety of items in prime accessories 

9 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

The event will run alongside The New War's release!

Thank you for the clarification.

8 minutes ago, lukaself said:

Although the event in itself is a nice idea to improve weekly engagement, Regal Aya is everything that's wrong with premium currencies: lack of transparency, confusing pricing - some of these price equivalences do not make sense and I've seen a few people going one step further and calling it a downright scam - honestly, I can't blame them for the hyperbole. The lack of liquidity of that premium currency also poses the age-old issue of fractional purchases which are considered abusive by the absolute majority of players: you never get exactly the currency you need to buy the item you want and it requires from the player to always buy currency in excess because you can only buy packs, as opposed to the Prime Access system where you pay exactly for what you get. Then there's the problem of unused Regal Aya (or Raya for short)... Let's say someone buys Raya, planning to purchase a specific Prime item... if for any reason they miss the -quite short- window, they'll be stuck with Raya they can't use?

I don't know about you, but if I pay real money for an in-game digital item, I strongly expect to get the item I paid for.

Don't hesitate to tell me If I'm reading anything wrong here, because Warframe has been the golden standard of coherent and non-abusive free-to-play monetization and to me this is moving multiple steps away from it. This is exactly the kind of changes I hoped not to see when I read about the acquisition news.

I honestly would say you aren't far off.  At least you read some of the information before posting about it.

For me the Raya values resulting in factional purchases is my biggest concern.  I already have that problem as platinum and pack pricing doesn't match common Xbox gift card amounts. So I constantly have to play with the amount I am spending to make the most of it. 

For the missing the window part I think the main thing is going forward the items should return more often.  That is if this remains the model.  So the amount of time you are holding on to the Raya waiting for it to come back up would be shorter than if you had missed a prime vault pack. 

At least that is my read on it. 

I think it sounds like a cool idea. As a long-time player I already have all the Prime gear, but it sounds like people who haven't completed their collections yet can get access to more vaulted gear faster than they would under the old system. I know any sensible person would just buy the sets on the market for like 80P, but DE can't balance their monetization around the player economy.

What I want is easier access to the Prime cosmetics I missed, and it sounds like I'll be getting that. 

On 2021-11-02 at 11:05 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

Release evergreen rewards (rewards that are permanent) in Varzia’s store:

• For purchase with Regal Aya:
    • Non-Program Prime Gear:
      • Burston Prime
      • Fang Prime
      • Lex Prime
      • Braton Prime

Does this mean evergreen rewards will be locked behind regal Aya?

On 2021-11-02 at 2:05 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

into a universal new Vault Currency, Regal Aya. This would be a huge improvement for us in how we make Prime content available across all Platforms, as it would reduce the amount of time and resources needed for backend setup.

... As mentioned in the Workshop above, we needed a way to offset the store-management issues Prime Vault has while maintaining the value of all Prime Accessories. 

Feedback that indicates DE is doing a bad job: God damnit DE. This is the justification for introducing another microtransaction item that  increases your companies cashflow whilst complicating the player avenues to obtain items. These monetization decisions are taking inspiration from Gameforge or Gamigo with their multiple premium currencies. The more there are the more difficult it is for a player to know how much they need to buy to get what they want. 

The prime vault needs not maintain the "value" of any accessories it sells. The deal is - it's digital content that is, by virtue of being digital, absurdly over-priced.

I'm only being half sarcastic when I say, "Oh fantastic a new game feature that has some merit!" We, the players, need an in-game path to success in obtaining these items without resorting to trade or cash shop. The fact that these items are "limited release" for a couple weeks at a time does not resolve the issue; where "limited release" means if you get relics - you have a chance but no guarantee that you will get the item you've grinded for. The solution to this as you have provided - just pay money for the fast track to getting what you want. This isn't an increase of playability. It's just another avenue for DE to make more money off old content. It's like this is supposed to be some sort of bake-sale where everything being offered for sale is expired baked goods.

Feedback that indicates DE is doing a good job: DE created legitimate means for a player to obtain previously unobtainable items. This is something the game desperately needs. The other ways to solve this is by adding new missions or adjusting the drop-tables to simply include everything. But since that would be a ton of work; I can understand adding the Aya to drop tables and allowing for it to be exchanged for said items. This is great for the player since they won't need to revisit missions they don't like playing. So, thanks for this. I have about 2,500 hours into this game which is almost more than any other game I've ever played in my history. It's frustrating how much time I've needed to put in for completionism. Please, continue expanding on Varzia's wares and for goodness sake, make them permanent - or at least make the relics permanent since they don't guarantee the item anyway. As an invested player, I like this direction, don't fudge it up.

Archived