Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Resurgence Dev Workshop & FAQ

[DE]Danielle

15 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Instead of just using the convoluted special regal as a way to buy these new primes, why don't you just... release separate packs in the store?

It's very easy, you create yet another currency to obfuscate the changed (increased) costs. It's likely that people won't notice that they're spending money as easily that way, and depending on the pack sizes and pricings, would incentivize people to top off a few more regal aya if they should lack some for their next purchase.

Basically it's just milking people for money with very scummy methods. There is no reason for regal aya to exist. They could simply allow you to buy things directly with money, but this would make it more obvious that you are getting less for more.

13 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Instead of just using the convoluted special regal as a way to buy these new primes, why don't you just... release separate packs in the store?

Because this proposed system creates more urgency. Instead of multiple months to make a decision on a Prime Vault Pack with easy to follow marketing, you have 7 days in this mess to make a buyers decision with the looming possibility of "this system may not return like this".

There's so many red flags in here:

• Equating Endo to Platinum in terms of "pack value"
  • Selling Burston/Fang/Lex/Braton for real money
  • Having a rotating vendor with a 7 day window per Prime Vault
  • Releasing just before the holidays/most anticipated update of the game which may be seen as trying to trap unsuspecting customers

I want to iterate that I applaud and support retiring the Vault system for something more accessible to players who are not 3+ years old. The backlog was warned in 2015/2016 between the very first Vault and the very introduction of Relics in Specters of the Rail. This issue has piled up for 6 years and doing something is certainly something I appreciate. However, between the value changes, the way some of the critical information is intentionally not present, and the convoluted explanation of what is available and when and for how much and what to expect is not helpful and worrying for many people who are accustomed to a more fair monetary system from DE.

26 minutes ago, OmniOmegaPrime said:

im not sure why its coming up like that it might have to do with the browser im using  im using opera,  its my first time using forums.   and i cant tell cuz my back ground is white in comparison i did type but  there was an issue i lost so had to copy and past from the wordducment it was in may it did something when i did that i dont see any other options when i go into edit it, and there is no visable coding script that would suggest why its doing that.

I think i have a good point so please do read    but  maybe copy and paste it into aword document,     is it work fine for anyone? or is it everyone

You can do Option + Command + Shift + V to paste text without formatting in Safari.

31 minutes ago, ABlindGuyPlays said:

You want 'constructive' feedback from me?

First and foremost. 
MAKE THE ROYAL AVA CURRENCY TRADEABLE JUST LIKE PLATINUM CURRENTLY IS TRADEABLE!
No 'but-' no 'whaddaboud-' This is Non Negotiable. This new currency must be made tradeable or it will be seen as a test to get rid of platinum and turn warframe into every other hellhole P2W microtransaction hellhole out there.

Second:
Adjust ava, weapon and accessory prices. As others have repeatedly pointed out, currently the value proposition skews in favor of just buying a prime pack because you get your accessories cheaper than the ava costs and platinum on top of that to boot. I have seen it suggested to have 4 ava cost $15 American and... if Ava becomes tradeable? That is actually fair. That allows people with only intermittent money they feel comfortable spending to chip in year round and when the christmas vault opens up they can go buy the things they want. This allows, for example me, to buy a hypothetical newbie friend a few goodies by proxy of gifting them royal aa via trades.

I absolutely believe there should be a trade restriction so that you can't have shennanagin at worst, or people new to the game buy up Ava from the friend that got them to try warframe out and then just 'no, i do not liek this.' Make ava untradeable until like either MR4 or MR70. That keeps it from being something newbies get rained with and then black hole. 

However I will, AGAIN, reiterate my first point.

AVA MUST BE TRADEABLE OR THIS WILL BE SEEN AS AN EXPERIMENT IN GETTING RID OF TRADEABLE PLATINUM!

*Aya

I know i'm just a random Warframe player. But this update is... I dunno, feels very disappointing (and it haven't even properly begun yet).

First of all, no one needs this new premium time-limited cash-only currency (just rolls off the tongue, right?), that you can't earn in-game (and it costs way too much, by the way, but other players already pointed that out). This is not rewarding, it doesn't give you any incentive to grind or play the game. Additionally, you remove the platinum and make players pay way more than before for less (endo as a bonus instead of platinum, are you serious?).

And if you plan to replace every Void Relic in drop tables with just 1 Aya - that's not fair as well, you know that, right? Axi are harder to get than Lith, they should reward you more. Unless prices in new store are player-friendly (i highly doubt that, by the way) and a few Aya is enough to buy almost any of the items. Oh, and double drops and Charm will not affect Aya, of course.

I hope i'm wrong, but i think this new currency will affect new players the most, they'll see that they got screwed in the end (due to higher price to pay and less reward) and will probably leave the game. Again, i hope i'm wrong, but i feel like you want to get money upfront and don't care what's going to happen next. This makes me really worried about New War and future updates. Not to mention, they can't sell any leftover Regal Aya for plat and recuperate costs that way

I read through the whole topic and players are expressing their concerns (and explaining in details) in a respectful manner. Please, listen to the community.

P. S.: IMO, but if you have too many frames and accessories in the vault, then you should rework the bundles, add more frames to them and bump up the price a little, unvault/rotate older bundles more often. Not invent some new way to take more money from the players, come on, you're better than that.

Just now, Lightning_Bloom said:

This would be more fair in pricing if buying regal aya came with platinum equivalent to what you'd get buy equal values worth of prime access. Endo is not an attractive replacement for platinum.

More fair, but frankly? It needs to be tradeable in addition to this. Otherwise 'what's the point?' cannot be answered by anything other than predatory slowly turning the heat up on the frog pot.

22 minutes ago, (PSN)palebluelight said:

Honestly I’m came back to Warframe because Bungie’s scum and they just milk players. If this is how your going to attempt to scam players I have no reason to be here. This song and dance of testing scams and waiting for backlash is getting really old. 

I quit destiny when they announced the absurdly monetized transmog system. That was the last straw for me. Until now, warframe has had a better monetization system, but I feel we're getting there, and I'm really tired. 

6 hours ago, Okayane said:

Why do i feel like this event + new war kinda mark the end of warframe as we know it... nothing has been said about "whats after the new war?"... like let's be serious for a sec, warframe is 8 years old and soonTM will be 9, sell-out events like this one making them loose money over prime vault sales because less people will want to just buy " ingame currency" + the biggest lore quest to date at the same time + future implementation of cross-play and cross-save, that raise some serious questions like, will this be the end ? will there be major updates in the future ? more lore quest ? are they working on a "warframe 2 electric boogaloo" ? will lotus die for good ?! idk about you guys but this to me seems like the end of something..

Why would they bother investing years and what I guess would be alot of resources on cross play and cross save + mobile. If they gonna turn around the next update and scrap it to do warframe 2? My guess we getting duvari paradox next so new story there.

2 minutes ago, ABlindGuyPlays said:

More fair, but frankly? It needs to be tradeable in addition to this. Otherwise 'what's the point?' cannot be answered by anything other than predatory slowly turning the heat up on the frog pot.

Because prime accessories as I understand it aren't tradable and can only be obtained with purchase. 

I think I was with the naysayers but much of the criticism has beyond a point I can understand now.

So my final suggestion to DE would be to remove Regal Aya completely. Keep Aya and the current resurgence system assuming it works well.

No more prime accessories other then with prime access for the foreseeable future. This would then make prime access more tempting.

Then later on if you want you can sell Prime Vault accessory packs infrequently. They would be added on a schedule similar to starter supporter packs with a bit of plat included.  That way you can change the store less often but charge more for the packs if people are hard up for the accessories.  Like one pack at 50 for 4 primes accessories and half the price of the bundle's worth of plat. 

2 minutes ago, HolySeraphin said:

My only suggestion is to decrease prime accessory costs to 1-2 Regal Aya. Why? Because if you want only the accesories you will need to purchase either the 2 3 Rega Aya bundles or the 7 bundle and end up with unused Regal Aya. 

That is the entire point of adding this new resource, it's to get people to spend more for no reason. Since the resource is not tradable and goes straight into purchasable cosmetics, you could just, you know, allow people to buy those cosmetics directly, with money. Now, if you buy aya, maybe you won't notice that you're spending as much. So then you buy a bunch, and want to buy a cosmetic - you are left with some more aya. You think about buying a new cosmetic, but you lack a few - quick, just charge up with some more. Maybe you'll end up having a few more leftovers. This will give you an incentive to spend some more on something in the future because hey, don't want it to go to waste, right?

On 2021-11-02 at 12:05 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

Release evergreen rewards (rewards that are permanent) in Varzia’s store:

• For purchase with Regal Aya:
    • Non-Program Prime Gear:
      • Burston Prime
      • Fang Prime
      • Lex Prime
      • Braton Prime

Just curious, but where's the:

• Paris Prime
  • Bronco Prime
  • Akbronco Prime
  • Aklex Prime
  • Orthos Prime
  • Akvasto Prime

I understand that both Aklex Prime and Akvasto Prime are tied to Baro Ki' Teer, the latter tied to Nova Prime Access, but there should be a secondary source of the Relics needed for the Aklex Prime and Akvasto Prime.

As one who doesn't often go for Prime Accessories or Prime Vaults because I go with the F2P model myself, only winning a couple of the Dual Prime Packs in giveaways, I'm still confused about all of this. Sure, I can get an Edo Prime Armor set for 3 Regal Aya (or $20) when I could buy a Prime Accessories Pack during the Prime Vault and get it and the other Accessories for the same price. Moreover, I tend to go for Plat sparingly when I get %off Plat coupons and have done so only recently since I found you can use gift cards to get Plat.

However, I can only do either of those things SPARINGLY because of various things... So, I have to choose during this event if I want Plat for things like Deluxe Skins, Boosters, or maybe a weapon I might need... Or spending it on maybe one thing I might want, so the obvious thing is going for what I'm going to use more than what I might want.

I understand things are to help some of the Tenno who didn't get a chance to get the Primes they wanted, but still... Maybe make the Royal Aya a bit lower or more for the same amount? I think that would help people want to buy it.

And hopefully we'll get the chance to buy Prime Accessory Packs again at the end as well.

When you have to put up a wall of text to justify why you are implementing a new premium currency and how the new system will retain it's value proposition to the prior prime vault bundles (which it doesn't since platinum is vastly more valuable and flexible than endo which is solely used for upgrading), maybe don't? Aya itself is a decent idea for targeted relic farming so you are not at the mercy of rng and can buy the relics you want eventually, but Regal Aya just seems unreasonably scummy.

16 minutes ago, OmniOmegaPrime said:

this was my point i had thread to discuss this they took it down.    speccifically in regard s to this issue.     

Well, the only thing I actually like about this is the fact you can use the regular Aya you get in missions to be able to buy the Relics you need tied to whatever Prime or Prime weapon you need, like the Glaive Prime or Boar Prime in my case as examples. Certain parts are rares in those, but getting the right relic to drop is RNG in itself, and even then, you may not get said part for what Prime Weapon or Prime you're needing.

Let's take Glaive Prime as my example here. The part I'm missing for it right now is its BP, but that is in a Lith Relic. Liths are some of the most farmable (and some I have the most of out all of the relics that I own), but during its time out of the Vault, I got maybe like five at max, and I've already spent all of 'em trying to get that one part. With this new system with the Aya, when that said relic appears in the store, I can use the Aya I've earned through grinding to go for as many of that relic as I need to pop for the Blueprint, which will save me TONS of time trying to farm up the relics if it had been the old system.

As for all of the other vaulted relics which have parts for frames/weapons we can buy with Aya? It just means when Baro comes around, I'll have more to pop for Ducats for things I may want or hold items for friends who may have issues getting a said part as well, so I can live with this part about it...

Regal Aya is the only one I'm having issues with, since as I mentioned before, I've got a limited amount of extra cash on hand that I may or may not want to spend on just a single accessory, no matter how much I want it (I'm looking at you, Edo Prime Armor), because on that same week it's out, I may be spending my money on other things at that time, more important things, because hey, we're getting to that point in our time where everything's getting up there in price... And what happens when things you ABSOLUTELY need start going up in price, like food or clothes? You tend to spend more on them and less on things which are just "extras", like the Prime Accessories. This is why I've stayed F2P for most of my time here and maybe splurged some on Tennogen (which I love to death) and Plat (for those Deluxe Skins, Warframes I had a pain farming at first (looking at you, Sevagoth, but still love ya), and some other things like a lens or Booster at the time... Not because I didn't WANT to buy the Prime Packs, but because I have limited amounts of the extra money to spend on things like Accessory Packs.

I MAY go for maybe one or two things during this event with the Royal Aya, but I'm not going to be upset if I miss something this time around, since I know EVENTUALLY, if we're lucky, the Prime Vaults will return, and with them the Prime Accessories packs we love to get.

"Aya will be replacing Vaulted Relics in the Void and Bounties Drop Tables. In other words, where there was once a Vaulted Relic, there will now be 1 Aya instead. And that Aya can be traded in at Varzia to purchase Relics of your choosing during Prime Resurgence. "

Does that mean every single one of my vaulted relics are going to be replaced?

Archived