Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ghoul Purge Random Event: Postponed until The New War.

[DE]Rebecca

Tenno,

When balancing for Aya acquisition, we neglected to consider the Ghoul Bounties (this was our mistake). As a result of Aya’s placement within these, this recurring event was being run in such a way that vastly detracted from the intended flow of Bounties, which also caused endless migrations and session problems. As this is a randomly repeating event, we’ve set it up so any recurrences of this event have been put on hold until The New War update launches, at which time their next appearance will have slightly refactored drop tables (similar to how we handled Aya in some Void missions). We are sorry for any confusion here, but we wanted to be transparent about our plans for the Ghoul Bounties. 

We will have launch information for "The New War" soon, as of this post the latest information is 'December', but we will update here once we have the date live!

EDIT: December 15!

Thanks, Tennno!

You already changed the drop rate for ayas when you changed relics.(33% to ~26%) What do you mean you neglected to consider the Ghoul Bounties
Also please make a aya scaling in endless void maps or buff void. Imagine, even if you do 20sec ukko runs you still dont get more than deimos/fortuna bounty. It makes no sense. 

I mean alternatively you could have increased the Aya drop rates across the rest of the game so Ghoul bounties where not perceived as the single best source of Aya. 

Instead of removing them to eventually re-add them later with what sounds like a reduced(?) aya return?

17 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

slightly refactored drop tables

Yea, Hopefully its just incentives people to do the whole bounty instead of extracting after stage 1. Hopefully its not a straight up nerf. Aya for me was the reason I attempted my first Ghoul Bounty! And if that incentive isn't really there, I personally wouldn't have too much motivation to try Ghoul Bounties again. 

2 minutes ago, Mura said:

You already changed the drop rate for ayas when you changed relics.(33% to ~26%) What do you mean you neglected to consider the Ghoul Bounties

They were missed as part of the rebalance, neglected as a factor, and should not have shipped in the state they did.

Thanks, it was the correct decision to make.

Soloing and only doing the first stage before extracting was one thing, but all that leeching... Players joining a squad and standing just inside the gates letting someone else do all the fighting before extracting after the first stage...  If I actually wrote what I think of such scum I would probably be banned.

Yee, I was wondering how many folks were doing Stage 1 Ghouls. That's awful to do that to a random team, though; at least go solo or in a coordinated squad that's ready to early extract. The load on the servers was probably still rough, don't blame you for postponing that for a bit. Interested to see what the rework will bring.

à l’instant, [DE]Rebecca a dit :

They were missed as part of the rebalance, neglected as a factor, and should not have shipped in the state they did.

Are you going to  buff the aya drops? This is a pain to farm. Please also do something in the void. Getting 1aya for 100waves makes no sense. And ukko even with 20sec runs you dont even get more than Deimos/Fortuna bounty.

Ah well, got a few hundred Aya from it while it was around at least. Hoping it will at least stay somewhat reliable and not fall into irrelevancy, it's a nice break from grinding Deimos over and over, as POE bounties give too little, and Fortuna bounties bug out and become uncompletable after a few runs, unless you get a lucky one without a Spy in it, but most of those are then really slow again.

I'm gonna drop it here, hoping it'll be listened to.

It's just an idea, and values can be tweaked accordingly.

Since Prime Resurgence is an event anyway, you could place Ayas as a fixed drop at the end of any bounties if you complete all the secondary objectives.

Basically, instead of a random double dip, just place a fixed amount of Ayas at the end (something like... 1 for low level, 2 for mid, 3 for high) if you completed secondary objectives.

Would make people stay for the whole duration of the bounty, without fishing for specific rotations, and would give a fairly relayable way to farm them

11 minutes ago, Archaeopelta said:

I'm glad I didn't jump into that madness of Aya Ghoul farming, felt wrong in every possible way. Glad a revision of the issue is been made.

Ditto tbh. This must have been hell on newer players who genuinely wanted to do those bounties only to be slapped in the face with a host migration because the host couldn't be arsed to go into solo mode. This was clearly unintended.

5 minutes ago, Oreades said:

I mean alternatively you could have increased the Aya drop rates across the rest of the game so Ghoul bounties where not perceived as the single best source of Aya. 

Instead of removing them to eventually re-add them later with what sounds like a reduced(?) aya return?

Personally? I understand it to a degree. Why? Because we no longer have to wait for bounty rewards to rotate to a very specific relic. We can dive into a bounty whenever we want without worrying about rotations. We can hunt for Aya constantly, then use it to select very specific relics. We couldn't do that before. This change is a net positive.

hace 2 horas, [DE]Rebecca dijo:

We are sorry for any confusion here, but we wanted to be transparent about our plans for the Ghoul Bounties.

To be transparents, lets put it in simple words then. You are nerfing ghoul bounties because it became popular. Otherwise this shoul've changed a loooooooooong time ago

3 minutes ago, M0deRa1n said:

Since Prime Resurgence is an event anyway, you could place Ayas as a fixed drop at the end of any bounties if you complete all the secondary objectives.

Basically, instead of a random double dip, just place a fixed amount of Ayas at the end (something like... 1 for low level, 2 for mid, 3 for high) if you completed secondary objectives.

Would make people stay for the whole duration of the bounty, without fishing for specific rotations, and would give a fairly relayable way to farm them

+1

Just now, M0deRa1n said:

Problem there is that there are a fair number of bounties with secondary objectives the player can (and will) fail for reasons completely out of their control. 

And since DE changed it from a bonus on each completion (multiple for the total bounty) to a single bonus IF all bonus objectives are completed. The second any bonus objective is failed anyone there for the bonus is going to yeet out of the mission. 

26 minutes ago, Archaeopelta said:

I'm glad I didn't jump into that madness of Aya Ghoul farming, felt wrong in every possible way. Glad a revision of the issue is been made.

Wrong in what way? In a way that allowed you to farm a resource more efficiently? I'm confused.

5 minutes ago, Graavarg said:

🙂 Which in Ghoul Purge terms would mean they have done approx. 2000 "first stage bounties". Not exactly what I would prefer to spend my life on... 😁

Just a few hours of being afk, yes maybe 20? And you get 500 saryn relics. They need hire late game players and fix these stuff

While this is definitely a good idea from what I saw of that method I feel obliged to note that it was a symptom rather than the actual problem; The real cause of this is that the drop rate for Aya appears to be utterly dismal, particularly when accounting for the fact that it only appears in a narrow range of locations.

Relics, even vaulted ones, often built up fairly quickly over time without requiring much in the way of dedicated farming; this was always one of the greatest strengths Warframe has as a game. By contrast Aya can only be obtained reliably by repeatedly completing specific missions, at the expense of other objectives, and even then you only earn a small amount for a lot of investment. And this is compounded further by the fact that there is only a very narrow window of opportunity to buy whatever relics you are after. There simply wouldn't be time to build up Aya smoothly; not if you wanted to collect the full set of relics needed to produce a prime item, in enough quantities to expect the parts to drop.

We have effectively gone from a system that rewards long term play without requiring significant investment, to one that demands constant intensive focus and makes no promise of a reward whatsoever; the drop chances are simply too low to trust.

The overall result is easily the most frustrating and monotonous experience the game has seen in the time I have been playing, and desperately needs fine tuning to be worthwhile.

Archived