The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! Ɨ

TWO-HANDED SCYTHE

-Moondrop-

1 hour ago, HoityVoid said:

Hope the two handed scthe is a New weapon and NOTĀ  Another skin

it is, it's a new weapon class with it's own Stance, which I'm guessing will be a reward from the new Zariman syndicate or a drop in one of the new game modes.Ā 

I've always found scythes lacking as they are too small and the stances are both kind of awkward. I'm hoping this new Scythe type offers a bit more range, and the attacks looked pretty good too.

now I just want to see the Split-Sword get some proper treatment and for Archmelees to be compatible with Gravimags so we can use them in normal missions, a la Soulsborne's Ultra Greatswords.Ā 

32 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

it is, it's a new weapon class with it's own Stance, which I'm guessing will be a reward from the new Zariman syndicate or a drop in one of the new game modes.Ā 

I've always found scythes lacking as they are too small and the stances are both kind of awkward. I'm hoping this new Scythe type offers a bit more range, and the attacks looked pretty good too.

now I just want to see the Split-Sword get some proper treatment and for Archmelees to be compatible with Gravimags so we can use them in normal missions, a la Soulsborne's Ultra Greatswords.Ā 

Most scythes have higher than normal range at 2.5m-2.9m. The exception is 1h dokrahm/keewar scythes at 1.7-1.8m.

I agree the stances are a bit wonky but I just go all in on attack speed and they feel a lot better.Ā 

I could totally get behind slappin a gravamag in arch meleeĀ 

23 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I only hope that the 2h dohkrum zaw gets converted to the great scythe stance.Ā 

Cause it fits a great scythe in appearance percetly.

It's classed as a hvy blade though, the ostrons are just bad at making blades look like blades

51 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

It's classed as a hvy blade though, the ostrons are just bad at making blades look like blades

I am aware what it is classified as ,Ā 

But take a step back , take a look at it , now tell me if you were not already aware of its existing stance what would you call it?

29 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I am aware what it is classified as ,Ā 

But take a step back , take a look at it , now tell me if you were not already aware of its existing stance what would you call it?

When i first saw it in 2017, it looked liked great corvian scythe from dark souls 3, maybe the devs saw it as a hvy blade where everyone else saw it as a scythe

This would be another nikana-turned-to-2-handed-nikana case. I have a mixed feeling about this.Ā 

First, there are several weapons which description don't match its looks

Kreska looked like a scythe, but its actually a machete. Kama looked like a scythe but its not. Dokrahm zaw can be assembled as a scythe, but it can also be assembled as a heavy blade. Its so confusing.Ā 

5 hours ago, V2lkyr said:

Time for DE to forget about them like they forgot about the Assault Saws

We ... we literally JUST got that weapon type. I'd just hope DE fixes the combos on it, making it so the move combo is the stationary instead.Ā 

I wouldn't say DE has forgotten about any Melee weapon type, we've received at least one of each every few months.Ā 

The only thing DE has apparently forgotten exists is Hydroid and the Stug.

• 1 month later...

All I want from a Scythe.Ā 

Know thine snaths. I want a No. 9 (Union)

http://79.170.40.39/scytheassociation.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/tyzack-snaths-1.jpg

Having used granddads old one to try and cut grass, in reality, it would be mostly good for taking off legs below the knees or something (if you had that 'strength stat' in the arms I'd imagine). Warframe and their tender 'Operators' in charge, no problem. A stance that incorporates a heavy attack move (such as the one Brad Pitt's character makes here) would be welcome in the game. I will accommodate Killing Blow for thatĀ :thumbup:

edit: Also, what about a 'stunning' move like the one where he uses the end of the snath to punch a hole in the barrel? It'd be like Golden Axe *bonk!* *bonk!* *eurggh!*Ā : )

N93E96.gif

I've played with it now and while the motion of it feels really nice it is unfortunately also on the weak side damage wise. Not unusably weak, but weak enough that i'd pick the tenet livia over it in most situations.Ā 

Archived