The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Next Prime after Garuda?

(XBOX)UmbralWolf1

Prime release goes 2x male>2xfemale.

It will be another female next. Hildryn was the next female released after Garuda so most likely it's her. DE might skip Hildryn and go straight to Wisp though, it wouldn't be the first time they released primes out of order.

1 hour ago, Berzerkules said:

Prime release goes 2x male>2xfemale.

It will be another female next. Hildryn was the next female released after Garuda so most likely it's her. DE might skip Hildryn and go straight to Wisp though, it wouldn't be the first time they released primes out of order.

Hopefully they don't forget about Khora before moving on to Hildryn or Wisp.

15 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

You're totally right. They skipped over Khora. Jerks!

And it was totally unwarranted as well! I checked last years warframe usage chart and khora was wayyyyyyyy more popular than Garuda. Like khora was the eleventh most used while Garuda was like sixty five give or take. (Including primes) I suppose that they just felt more inspired by Garuda. I can’t wait for khora prime! I love using her with blood altar and Naramon for a whipclaw build!

1 minute ago, (PSN)i7081277 said:

And it was totally unwarranted as well! I checked last years warframe usage chart and khora was wayyyyyyyy more popular than Garuda. Like khora was the eleventh most used while Garuda was like sixty five give or take. (Including primes)

There's speculation that's exactly why they were switched.   Khora would make a bigger splash for Tennocon.  Gotta have that  hype train GIF

9 minutes ago, (PSN)i7081277 said:

And it was totally unwarranted as well! I checked last years warframe usage chart and khora was wayyyyyyyy more popular than Garuda. Like khora was the eleventh most used while Garuda was like sixty five give or take. (Including primes) I suppose that they just felt more inspired by Garuda. I can’t wait for khora prime! I love using her with blood altar and Naramon for a whipclaw build!

I stopped caring about Khora after the LoS whipclaw thing. She's just not the same anymore. Or maybe she is, idk DE killed that frame for me. I don't touch her anymore. 

want to buy some god roll stat stick rivens in preparation for her prime release in 3 months🤣

4 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

I stopped caring about Khora after the LoS whipclaw thing. She's just not the same anymore. Or maybe she is, idk DE killed that frame for me. I don't touch her anymore. 

want to buy some god roll stat stick rivens in preparation for her prime release in 3 months🤣

Yeah it's not the same, she's still really strong I use her sometimes but the LoS doesn't always "see" enemies even when it obviously should. Heck I've used the whip where it doesn't damage anything it's like the whip's sight gets stuck inside enemies and the tileset so it doesn't "see" anything to hit.

Poor Khora, steel essence addiction ruined her

50 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Yeah it's not the same, she's still really strong I use her sometimes but the LoS doesn't always "see" enemies even when it obviously should. Heck I've used the whip where it doesn't damage anything it's like the whip's sight gets stuck inside enemies and the tileset so it doesn't "see" anything to hit.

Poor Khora, steel essence addiction ruined her

I really enjoyed playing her. I always went total spaz on khora. Perfect glass cannon frame. High risk high reward. At least that's how I played her. Like you said, it's just not the same. I can't play a glass cannon that just randomly misses. It doesn't work. You can still be a corner kid and camp so the change did nothing but kill the active playstyle imo. Oh well. 

Khora prime will be the least hyped I'll every be about a prime.  Ahhh, remember when she was fun. I probably won't even bother dumping a dozen forma in Khora prime. 

Edit: I think I just figured out why I forgot about Khora prime getting skipped for Garuda in my first post on this thread.

Should be Khora. Going by base frame release order and the male-male-female-female pattern, we should actually be getting Khora Prime right now. However, sometimes DE likes to swap the order, for some reason. See Atlas <-> Wukong and Nezha <-> Inaros. They've done it two years in a row, and this looks like the third.

Khora should be the next prime, in my opinion.

Prime frames are released in the current order: 2 females -> 2 males -> 2 females -> 2 males, ecc...

But it looks like they switched her release with Gaurda, just like they did with other frames.

I don't know what's the point of switching primes, but they already done that multiple times.

my guess is that it was originally going to be Khora, but since Garuda was getting reworked it made sense for her prime to appear first. Khora will likely be next, likely with Hystrix Prime and Dual Keres Prime, and probably some Kavat accessories. then it will be back to males, with Baruuk being up for Priming; curious how his prime will look..

3 hours ago, Her_Lovely_Tentacles said:

They possibly needed more time to make Khora's exalted whip work.

At least that's my hope - stat sticks are an outdated concept, and releasing another prime that depends on it would be a great loss.

I hope you’re correct. She lost the feels and has dropped from first to third last I looked in usage. Hope they fix her whip a little better soon. 

18 minutes ago, Softballbryan said:

I hope you’re correct. She lost the feels and has dropped from first to third last I looked in usage. Hope they fix her whip a little better soon. 

While I think I agree with you, that poster is seemingly looking for a nerf. Better whip would be improved LoS... if that's what you mean?

6 hours ago, V2lkyr said:

If I'm not mistaken the primes until late 2023 are (following the F/F - M/M order)

-Garuda and Khora

-Revenant and Baruuk

-Hildryn and Wisp

-Gauss and Grendel

You are correct, with the caveat that A/B in all pairs are interchangeable.

Then:

Protea and Xaku/Yareli depending on how Xaku's base sex is defined irrespective of its split consciousness.

Lavos and Xaku/Sevagoth again depending on how Xaku's base sex is defined irrespective of its split consciousness.

Option 3: Xaku Prime marks the end of FF/MM pairings in order to avoid riling up certain people who may have issues with how bone structures are classified.

4 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

You are correct, with the caveat that A/B in all pairs are interchangeable.

Then:

Protea and Xaku/Yareli depending on how Xaku's base sex is defined irrespective of its split consciousness.

Lavos and Xaku/Sevagoth again depending on how Xaku's base sex is defined irrespective of its split consciousness.

Option 3: Xaku Prime marks the end of FF/MM pairings in order to avoid riling up certain people who may have issues with how bone structures are classified.

For Xaku I feel like they didn't really think it through and said ,,yeah we'll figure it out later''

3 hours ago, nslay said:

While I think I agree with you, that poster is seemingly looking for a nerf. Better whip would be improved LoS... if that's what you mean?

Why would that be a nerf? The ability to have a melee would be a buff.

Sure, the exalted whip might end up be a little weaker, but at that point, who cares, it would still be an improvement.

5 minutes ago, Her_Lovely_Tentacles said:

Why would that be a nerf? The ability to have a melee would be a buff.

Sure, the exalted whip might end up be a little weaker, but at that point, who cares, it would still be an improvement.

Because proper exalted melee weapons are substantially less powerful than normal melee weapons owing to modding restrictions and lack of Rivens. Making this change to Khora would ruin her! It would not be just a little weaker!

For everybody to be happy a hypothetical exalted Whipclaw requires DE to re-evaluate exalted melee weapons as a whole.

5 minutes ago, nslay said:

Because proper exalted melee weapons are substantially less powerful than normal melee weapons owing to modding restrictions and lack of Rivens. Making this change to Khora would ruin her! It would not be just a little weaker!

For everybody to be happy a hypothetical exalted Whipclaw requires DE to re-evaluate exalted melee weapons as a whole.

I'd rather have a usable melee weapon.

Archived