Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It takes way too much time to transfer back to operator, reducing the effectiveness of some arcanes like Magus elevate.

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

Players ask for DE to make game harder.

DE makes game harder by removing HP heal spam with transference spam to force you to be more creative with your strategies.

Same players now call foul and call it a nerf. Still demand game to be made harder.

🤪

15 minutes ago, kamisama85 said:

Players ask for DE to make game harder.

DE makes game harder by removing HP heal spam with transference spam to force you to be more creative with your strategies.

Same players now call foul and call it a nerf. Still demand game to be made harder.

🤪

Switching in an out of Operator isn't just for the one specific arcane, and if DE wanted to nerf it, there's this thing called cooldowns.

The arcane in question is irrelevant in most "difficult" content anyways, as you're instantly killed when shield-gate ends unless you're playing a durable Warframe, which there's superior ways of regenerating health that isn't tied to rng and spamming transference.

if you want the game more challanging, change your weapon, build and run without mods and have fun, make a smurf or something, you can handcap youserlf as much as you want, that is called player agency, difficulty isn't part of game design, its a playerd choice. it allways was and allways will be. That is how games die and that is how speedrunners manage to have fun playing the same game without developers having to kill their own game to satisfy ungrateful players.

5 hours ago, TomCruisesSon said:

oh no cooking GIF by Hell's Kitchen

I'm just gonna let it out. The delay in transference made me realize panic spamming Elevate for health is a stupid mechanic and was a huge crutch. It's the same as spamming health or energy pads. You're just turning engagement off to go invincible and ignore consequences with literally no downside.

Which is how the game is set up

Warframe's lack of skill-based content is well documented by now. You either have a meta build and nuke everything, or you get surrounded by bullet sponges and die. But rather than change the game design to emphasize skill over grind, or square the circle with hybrid challenges (Exploiter Orb was an attempt at that, and one of the new game modes was almost a success), they're just nerfing some of our tools. And not even interesting nerfs that come with accompanied buffs, just hard nerfs to our best stuff and some unrelated buffs to other stuff

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

And not even interesting nerfs that come with accompanied buffs, just hard nerfs to our best stuff and some unrelated buffs to other stuff

Never said it was a clever way of nerfing. DE isn't exactly super intuitive with their nerfs. It's generally comes out in a sort of monkeys paw fashion

DE is aiming for a new generation of the game where we no longer are efficient/speedy at everything so they are making enemies tankier and slowing down movement and making things less spamy (R.I.P Void dash my beloved ). Take a look at the new war gameplay, that is the endgoal my son, either we accept that in a few years the game will be fundamentally different or we don't, DE is going to do whatever they want with it and if you really want to stop it you would be better off just working there to try and have your voice heard, otherwise, enjoy the ride because we are all strapped in and the rollercoasting is going for a loopty loop.

On 2022-04-27 at 10:25 PM, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

Magus elevate was a life saver for me.

It was my main emergency survival tool because it was instant and fast.

Now it takes ages for the operator to go back to Warframe and it takes additional time for the heal to actually apply.

Why did they have to ruin everything? Nobody asked for this.

so you're running around without shield gate or other survivability tools, because...?

I run Elevate, too, and it's still neither "practically useless" nor "did they [...] ruin everything".

On 2022-04-27 at 10:25 PM, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

Magus elevate was a life saver for me.

It was my main emergency survival tool because it was instant and fast.

Now it takes ages for the operator to go back to Warframe and it takes additional time for the heal to actually apply.

Why did they have to ruin everything? Nobody asked for this.

Not only is it still a good emergency tool, it is still an extremely good, practically free source of healing that is, quite frankly, overpowered. With the change, it has at least been curbed a bit.

Was it really an emergency tool? It sounds like it was an "oh guess I'll heal whenever for how much ever I want to spam the transference button and get topped up, because timing doesn't matter" tool.

On 2022-04-27 at 6:02 PM, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Let's ask for changes before getting the pitchforks.

i don't disagree really, but, i mean, that's what People did before this Update came out. then all this happened anyways.

7 hours ago, kamisama85 said:

like most of the other forms of Healing that are literally just "attack Enemies"?
heh.

9小时前 , TomCruisesSon 说:

I'm just gonna let it out. The delay in transference made me realize panic spamming Elevate for health is a stupid mechanic and was a huge crutch. It's the same as spamming health or energy pads. You're just turning engagement off to go invincible and ignore consequences with literally no downside.

I think this added delay was to purposely nerf to Elevate

Do you remember when Magnus Elevate was released, people said it rendered Vazarin protective dash useless? 

And do you remember when Magnus Repair was released, people said it made Magnus Elevate AND protective dash useless?

I remember.

To be honest people just need to take a good look at the focus school to see how OP operator really is. Instant AoE delete armor and shield with no setup and energy cost, free buff to warframe ability strength, 40s immunity to knockdown just by pressing 5 (RIP primed sure foot), to name a few. To say "I won't use operator again because there is a 1s transference delay" is over-exaggerating. People just need some vtubers to feed them the new meta.

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

like most of the other forms of Healing that are literally just "attack Enemies"?
heh.

This still requires at least some risk. Heavy attack heals are accompanied with a build up while elevate was a spam fest, and a spam fest that rebuffed enemies in the process (which isn't mentioned by the complainers). Honestly, DE was right to trim it, ESPECIALLY when you have other focus school abilities that heal both you and your pals. 

Anything used in a spamming fashion, that doesn't have a consequence attached to it, should be on the chopping block. Abilities require energy, guns need bullets and reloads, melee is close quarters risk and operators are slower and more fragile. Old void dash elevate was, quite literally, the cheapest move ever. 

Il y a 13 heures, TomCruisesSon a dit :

There's literally someone right above you talking about this being a hard nerf for builds that want to trigger Elevate ONE TIME, but sure, go off on a rant about "spam" to try and sound informed, on an ability that has a chance to fail.

Any person with a brain can understand that a 2-3 second cooldown on Elevate being able to trigger is the proper way to address spam cases, like many arcanes already do, not screwing over everything related to a basic mechanic. You could even go as high as 5 seconds if you also removed the annoying chance to fail, then you have an actual interesting choice between Elevate and Repair! Buff Nourish up to 200/s and it can be an interesting choice too! The way it is now doesn't present an interesting choice, it just makes Repair the obvious best option, when it was already just as effective to your overall power level as elevate. 

The detractors are just being tools on this one.

16 hours ago, TomCruisesSon said:

Further more.... the additional changes to transference Static was probably an indirect  buff to Magus Glitch.... 🤔

Also does it Really Matter ?

Shield Gating is the new META anyway.... so long as you dont Upgrade Zenurik's  Inner Might....👀

14 hours ago, Yamazuki said:

Switching in an out of Operator isn't just for the one specific arcane, and if DE wanted to nerf it, there's this thing called cooldowns.

The arcane in question is irrelevant in most "difficult" content anyways, as you're instantly killed when shield-gate ends unless you're playing a durable Warframe, which there's superior ways of regenerating health that isn't tied to rng and spamming transference.

Not really....

The thing you people dont get about other players is that they never really cared about Operators in the first place....

Thet were just A Contrivance for Generating Energy and Magus Lockdown/Elevate.... easily the two Arcanes ive Sold more than any other....

In other words.... to most player's... operators were Basically Free Ability Slots....

Hence no other option can compare to operators because  those Other Options will require you to Sacrifice something you actually do Care about....

Nobody Cares if Life Strike or Energy Pads Gloom or Efficiency  Mods are better than Zenurik and Magus Arcanes because they never cared about Operator's  to begin with.... they are Free Slots... while everything else is not....

Atleast thats what I think it is....

I think thats how Zenurik got so Popular in the firsts  place..... you didnt have to compromise any Slots on your Actual Useful Murder Machine to make it work....

Also ESO disables all the other Bandaids anyway.... 😝

9 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

And on top of this Elevate works on RNG - "with every 5s cooldown you have 5% chance of not getting healed and die, yo" 

I wonder why do we have to spam the 5 key DE

It the Same  Story with Virtuos Shadow.... 

40% Chance and DE wonders why we spam it....

Just something to think about for all those people that like Defending RNG....

9 hours ago, Silligoose said:

Not only is it still a good emergency tool, it is still an extremely good, practically free source of healing that is, quite frankly, overpowered. With the change, it has at least been curbed a bit.

Was it really an emergency tool? It sounds like it was an "oh guess I'll heal whenever for how much ever I want to spam the transference button and get topped up, because timing doesn't matter" tool.

Which makes sense in a game where you're always Surrounded and cant Avoid Taking Damage.... 

7 hours ago, RichardKam said:

Do you remember when Magnus Elevate was released, people said it rendered Vazarin protective dash useless? 

Zenurik Rendered Vazarin Useless long before anyone cared Magus Elevate came and Nailed Vazarin's Coffin Shut....

And you know what.... i doubt things will be Different this time...

And do you remember when Magnus Repair was released, people said it made Magnus Elevate AND protective dash useless?

I remember.

Then your Memory is wrong because i heard no such whining anywhere....

Mainly because the Additive Healing from Elevate worked faster than the Percentage Based Healing from Repair that was only good for Inaros....

Yes.... everytime i told people i use Magus Repair i was met with a Flood of "Just Spam 5 with Elevate" type of responses.... i dont think ive Heard anyone ever complain about Repair being Better than Elevate evem once... 👀

But the again i only joined Warframe right around the time when Repair was Released so i was late to the party....

AoE delete armor and shield with no setup and energy cost, free buff to warframe ability strength, 40s immunity to knockdown just by pressing 5 (RIP primed sure foot), to name a few

You do realise Armor Scaling itself is still Broken right.... ?

You have to strip it or bypass it.... otherwise you need additional Buffs to Brute Force it...

To say "I won't use operator again because there is a 1s transference delay" is over-exaggerating. People just need some vtubers to feed them the new meta.

There is no New Meta... warframes still need Energy and Zenurik is the only Focus School that provides it...

Nobody needs anyone to tell them that... 

6 hours ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

Anything used in a spamming fashion, that doesn't have a consequence attached to it, should be on the chopping block.

As long as this also Applies to the Enemies as Well then you have a Deal....

If i dont get to Spam then the Game shouldnt Spam Enemies at me Either....

5 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Which makes sense in a game where you're always Surrounded and cant Avoid Taking Damage.... 

Luckily in Warframe one isn't always surrounded, can take cover, can make use of melee to block incoming frontal attacks, can cc enemies, and can make use of other survivability tools to avoid taking damage. I suppose you are talking about some other game in which one can't avoid taking damage. 

So yeah i changed the title...i don't know i just now thought it's a little bit passive aggressive.

I'm sorry.

I guess after reading the comments this was an intended move.

It even feels more deliberate because after operator gets inside warframe it takes a full second to actually register that and there is even a visual cue...they wanted this.

It's probably for the best, maybe? I mean it still heals so that's enough. 

I'm trying to adapt and cope here

1 minute ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

So yeah i changed the title...i don't know i just now thought it's a little bit passive aggressive.

I'm sorry.

I guess after reading the comments this was an intended move.

It even feels more deliberate because after operator gets inside warframe it takes a full second to actually register that and there is even a visual cue...they wanted this.

It's probably for the best, maybe? I mean it still heals so that's enough. 

I'm trying to adapt and cope here

Tumblr: Image

(it says "Haha, I love happy endings")

3 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Tumblr: Image

(it says "Haha, I love happy endings")

I should've probably done that from the beginning but if i am being honest, i thought spamming operator for magus elevate spam was something completely normal 🤷‍♂️ and it's because i abused it too much

The delay still feels weird though.

Archived