Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, with respect, why are you devaluing all of our hard work with our Focus Points? This is not the right way to go about things.

Tesseract7777

vor 2 Minuten schrieb kgabor:

This is why i don't bother to seriously grind in this game.

Look. It's fine if you don't want to grind. Nobody cares. But don't pretend that the reason for you never having seriously grinded in this game was a made-up issue that came up five years after you started playing. It's pathetic.

On 2022-04-28 at 2:46 AM, Dunkelheit said:

I read forums first and expected the worst update in the history of humanity. I was not really looking forward to farm Focus again.

Pleasantly surprised that I could easily max out everything and the whole forum uproar is nearly for nothing. Yes, there was 1 or 2 Mio missing at the end, but that is easily farmable in 2 days.

Oh and the new Void Dash? Yeah, that thing is BY FAR not as bad as the forums made it out to be.

Yep, this is how it usually goes, unfortunately. All of the schools have more controllable and more powerful features so, when I discovered my points and shards didn't completely fill all of my nodes, I wasn't very upset. My tenno is significantly more useful in ALL new schools, with unchecked nodes, than a specific two old schools that most players gravitated to prior to this update. It only took a day or two to fill the rest out and it MOST CERTAINLY didn't feel like my investment time wasn't honored. I think that was a clear over exaggeration that I'm quite OP could laugh at by now.

1 hour ago, DreisterDino said:

Both could be true?

All it needs is a bug that causes some people to receive less than they had before for whatever reason.

Must be because with the focus refund and what I got in the mail I could certainly get everything again and buy plenty of the 'represent'-stuff. And I obviously stopped farming focus when I got completed the old trees, so, eh, either those people weren't maxed out or a bug in the conversion script.

2 hours ago, ArcaneGemstone said:

Watch out guys we got a hardcore one here. It's funny how people who argue for Eximus changes reveal that they have no issues with literally paying for power/progress, but then turn around and act like they're interested in good game balance, it's like they lack self awareness. The only way they could argue for this is if they believe money/cash shop is balanced.

Here's an novel concept for you guys, guess who's more entitled. The person who works to earn/produce results. Or someone who pays money to get results.

Clearly anyone who doesn't dedicate their time and money to the same degree as the wealthiest/elite players don't deserve to play this game. Where do people who think like come from anyway? Last I checked Warframe wasn't in the hardcore demographic, usually those are competitive games. You know ones where players who care for a challenge actually go. 

They also probably don't care for crossplay since the majority of gamers on consoles lean casual, guess this game doesn't need more players according to them.

Not a single supporter of Eximus changes has been able to refute the fact that

1. Eximus appear before you even have an Operator

2. Eximus Hit Squads are disproportionally lethal to Newer players

3. Eximus still pose little to no threat to players already using the most powerful of equipment, only significantly effecting non-optimal playstyles

I'm sure you'd be welcome at any board meeting. Since you don't care for growth and completely callous to the possibility of losing new clients/players. Since you don't want to do research let me help you.

Warframe has 3 Trophies/Achievements for playtime. 

Hooked = 2 Hrs

It Keeps Getting Better = 10 Hrs

Pride of the Lotus = 100 Hrs

https://steamcommunity.com/stats/Warframe/achievements/

This is a link to PC achievements, but let me put it this way.

Nearly 60% of players drop this game in the first 2 hrs, by 10 hrs almost 75% have left the game, by the time you hit 100, almost 90% of people who picked up your game have dropped it.

How about playstation

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/4087-warframe

The 10 Hr trophy sits around a 12%

https://www.trueachievements.com/a189485/it-keeps-getting-better-achievement

XBOX, this one is the funniest one, not even sure if it's done right. However if it is then at the top you'll notice out of 200000 players, not even 1% play for 10 hrs.

Eximus defenders seems to accept mediocrity, have a twisted sense of balance, and their arguments hold no regard for the welfare of the game or it's community. Just to add relevancy and context. A game that has S#&$ player retention can't afford to be losing it's older more dedicated playerbase. 

Lol. Keep on whining, then. I am not a hardcore player, nor am I a casual. Also I don't sepnd a fortune on the game. 

I am just saying that with an affinity booster + mid tier gametime, you can get all the Focus you want.

Seems like you butthurt people hate Warframe, and hate people who give money for booster and COSMETICS to support the game every 3 months, and also hate those who want to play Warframe's content, instead of just cry and cry and cry.

So, playing 5hs a day, spending 10 dollars every 3 months in Warframe, and using non-meta builds is being hardcore and a fortune spender who thinks casuals are trash? 

Regarding casual players, I am just saying that there is a merit regarding how much time is spent, how much the game is supported with money, etc.

Without people who spend money, this game would die really fast. And you self-righteous jerks think you are some kind of saints, but I don't know what you are. because I don't know you, and I don't care to, I just see that you are an entitled self-righteous wannabe saint who "protects the weak" and spits on everyone who they think is "hardcore". 

I guess you would be happy with a communist game were everyone would get the same regardless of what amount of time and money is spent, and regardless of how wholehearteadly it is played. 

Also, why are you talking about Eximus? This post is about Focus. 

And it doesn't depend on players if the game loses clients or whatever, are you some kind of pshycho and schizo or what boi? Because you sound a lot like a psychopath with a lot of butthurt. 

So you want 100% of players to keep on playing regardless they like the game or not? It is obvious that in a FREE GAME more than 50% will drop the game fast. No sunken cost fallacy involved in a free game, people are free to try and GTFO if they don't like it.

But whatever, I won't answer anymore of what you ridiculously state because you clearly have some kind of issue; I also do, but I am not a whiner. 

One last thing... this must be your 2nd account if you are so sure about the things you say, because with 270hs of gametime and 140k kills, you surely lack everything you need to do an in depth analysis of the game. And I guess you never played real P2W games, there are games that are really competitive, not PvE like this one, and are 100% P2W. Maybe try playing one of those and you will see that Warframe is within the ones with the best systems regarding monetization. 

vor 1 Minute schrieb BLI7Z:

So, playing 5hs a day, spending 10 dollars every 3 months in Warframe, and using non-meta builds is being hardcore and a fortune spender who thinks casuals are trash? 

Well, the last part really has nothing to do with the playtime, but thinking you're not a hardcore player when you play 5 hours a day does show a massive lack of perspective.

On 2022-04-27 at 7:08 PM, Tesseract7777 said:

I have been having eye trouble (IIH) and cannot play much right now, but I was still excited to log in and check the focus changes.

Then it was like a punch right to the gut, an icy cold punch that left me feeling empty and horrible inside.

Even with the radiant eidolon shards that I thought were going to be a bonus (from those refunded pool points), I could not even get close to where I was before in Vazarin. 

At first I thought this was a bug. Then I learned that everything costs significantly more, especially just to unlock! Many unlocks are now 60,000 to 95,000. 

All my hard work... devalued. I don't mind nerfs, I don't mind the fact the equivalent of Protective Dash now costs ten energy. But I cannot do more than just unlock it when it was almost maxed, and I cannot even unlock the operator health passive I had maxed (apart from waybound) and that is with all my pool points. My other schools where I had decent points have met a similar fate.

DE, please consider reversing this decision. We worked for the equivalent of those nodes very, very hard, and this makes it now feel like this is no point in grinding for this system again.

I am someone who has truly approached it as a long term goal, so for me to see it pushed back like this puts cold water all over my hopes of over getting anywhere within the system and makes me inherently mistrust it. Why should I grind hard in focus knowing when DE changes the system, they might give me back my points, but make everything cost so much more, that even "bonus points" do not get me close to the equivalent unlocks?

And it is not like they do significantly more. Like I said, the protective dash equivalent now has an energy cost.

DE, please tell us this was a mistake, a bad dream, because right now I am already depressed beyond belief due to health reasons, and this is just a really sad state thing to see logging in to check the game. 

We EARNED those points. They are ours. Making everything cost way more is the same as giving us less points back. Our progression has been taken away. I do not understand this decision, with all respect, I just do not understand why you are doing this. 

I didnt get all my pool back or all the shards I spent in focus I cried over it for days and I'm still pissed. Because now a little over a year worth reduced to what feels like a lifetime of work gone. And sadly I can't get it back because I also work. 

They did this on purpose did us a great favor by getting rid of the pool to just put the pool into every tree with extra 000 to make us farm/play more.  

But then again I said it before zariman release what I thought they were going to do and I was right.

12 hours ago, BLI7Z said:

Lol. Keep on whining, then. I am not a hardcore player, nor am I a casual. Also I don't sepnd a fortune on the game. 

I am just saying that with an affinity booster + mid tier gametime, you can get all the Focus you want.

Seems like you butthurt people hate Warframe, and hate people who give money for booster and COSMETICS to support the game every 3 months, and also hate those who want to play Warframe's content, instead of just cry and cry and cry.

20 hours ago, BLI7Z said:

why wouldn't I usually have affinity boosters if I usually buy prime accesories packs?

Look at you all hurt in your fee-fee's because someone called you hardcore. But thanks for revealing to everyone that despite spending the previous page about how easy it is to gain focus, that you spend money, and regularly.

Prove me wrong, show me the massive group of people who take issue with in-game cosmetics, but I'm willing to bet you can't back up your statement in anyway. Especially considering it's one of the most respectable ways a game company can turn a profit.

I also find it hilarious how you claim to spending money is what you do when you want to play through content. In Warframe paying for something means you didn't play through ANY of the relevant content. I don't have to farm the parts for Acceltra if I pay for it, I don't have to do Yareli's quest to obtain her if just buy her in the cash shop, you know how you need a Railjack and a Necramech to do the latest quest? Well you can skip that quest and grind because you can pay for that too. Gyre? Wanna earn her the proper way through quest, have fun grinding all the content. I can even buy Endo and Tellurium in the shop. What a joke.

On 2022-04-29 at 8:08 AM, BLI7Z said:

I don't care because I can farm it again. It isn't the end of the world, and it doesn't break Warframe for me. I really don't understand why people want to have everything maxed

In fact if you want to play Warframe MORE, why are you speeding up your grind? You say you can farm it again, but then you booster yourself to get it over with faster? It cant be to max out because you claim to not understand other people's feelings regarding that matter. Or are you simply lying? 

And here you reveal that you're either a child or have no life. Assuming you're telling the truth and the normal person sleeps for 8 and then spends another 8 at school/work you just left 3 hours in the day for maintaining health, hygiene, and relationships. If this is true I can also see why you're telling others, it's easy to do without money. You just have to play this game like a part time job.

On 2022-04-30 at 10:36 AM, BLI7Z said:

EDIT: what I can say without a doubt, is that a lot of people have the mindset of an entitled brat.

And considering you were perfectly comfortable insulting anyone with an opposing view to yours.

Without people who spend money, this game would die really fast.

An argument so many subscription based games have made, and many dead FTP games have made. Is that why games like Destiny and Tera went FTP? Is that why Guild Wars 2, FF14, and World of Warcraft have extensive free trials? Is that why free mobile games are the MOST profitable game model currently?

communist game were everyone would get the same regardless of what amount of time and money is spent

I didn't think there was a person who believed that player skill didn't exist. Sounds like, to you people's success is determined by only 2 factors.

So you want 100% of players to keep on playing regardless they like the game or not? It is obvious that in a FREE GAME more than 50% will drop the game fast. No sunken cost fallacy involved in a free game, people are free to try and GTFO if they don't like it.

First off, I don't think you know what Sunk Cost Fallacy means. Unless you think time isn't an investment. I'm also sure DE really appreciates how you don't care about their games playerbase. Apparently the welfare of the game is not your concern. So quit pretending.

And it doesn't depend on players if the game loses clients or whatever, are you some kind of pshycho and schizo or what boi? Because you sound a lot like a psychopath with a lot of butthurt. 

But whatever, I won't answer anymore of what you ridiculously state because you clearly have some kind of issue; I also do, but I am not a whiner. 

One last thing... this must be your 2nd account if you are so sure about the things you say, because with 270hs of gametime and 140k kills, you surely lack everything you need to do an in depth analysis of the game. And I guess you never played real P2W games, there are games that are really competitive, not PvE like this one, and are 100% P2W. Maybe try playing one of those and you will see that Warframe is within the ones with the best systems regarding monetization. 

Says the guy as he proceeds to check a players specs over a forum argument. You must feel really badass right now. I wonder who looks like a psycho to people reading your post.

Also thank you for proving you're a elitist. Let nearly 90% of the playerbase know that you are going to disregard what they say because "hours lol", in fact since I'm in a small 12% minority that made it past 100, you're probably disregarding more. What's funny is by spending money I can have fewer hours and more S#&$ than a vast majority of the playerbase.

According to you all I need is to find a player with more hours and achievements than you to say your opinion is wrong. How about checking all those negative reviews left recently by people with over 1-5k hrs on Steam or even this forum? Oh, but that won't actually convince you because that's actually a trash argument and so is yours.

You're a loser dude, you got your feelings hurt. Filled a post full of insults not just at me, but a whole group of people, and had weak ass arguments while at the same time revealing to everyone how much of a lying, disingenuous S#&$ bag you are. Anyone with a brain can see you for what you are now.

In case people do a TL;DR . I'll show them an obvious one.

20 hours ago, BLI7Z said:

why wouldn't I usually have affinity boosters if I usually buy prime accesories packs?

https://www.warframe.com/prime-access

spending 10 dollars every 3 months in Warframe

So the guy claiming to spend 10 dollars every 3 months is buying a 50 dollar pack regularly that refreshes every few months. Can't find a more honest guy folks.

4 hours ago, ArcaneGemstone said:

Look at you all hurt in your fee-fee's because someone called you hardcore. But thanks for revealing to everyone that despite spending the previous page about how easy it is to gain focus, that you spend money, and regularly.

Prove me wrong, show me the massive group of people who take issue with in-game cosmetics, but I'm willing to bet you can't back up your statement in anyway. Especially considering it's one of the most respectable ways a game company can turn a profit.

I also find it hilarious how you claim to spending money is what you do when you want to play through content. In Warframe paying for something means you didn't play through ANY of the relevant content. I don't have to farm the parts for Acceltra if I pay for it, I don't have to do Yareli's quest to obtain her if just buy her in the cash shop, you know how you need a Railjack and a Necramech to do the latest quest? Well you can skip that quest and grind because you can pay for that too. Gyre? Wanna earn her the proper way through quest, have fun grinding all the content. I can even buy Endo and Tellurium in the shop. What a joke.

In fact if you want to play Warframe MORE, why are you speeding up your grind? You say you can farm it again, but then you booster yourself to get it over with faster? It cant be to max out because you claim to not understand other people's feelings regarding that matter. Or are you simply lying? 

And here you reveal that you're either a child or have no life. Assuming you're telling the truth and the normal person sleeps for 8 and then spends another 8 at school/work you just left 3 hours in the day for maintaining health, hygiene, and relationships. If this is true I can also see why you're telling others, it's easy to do without money. You just have to play this game like a part time job.

And considering you were perfectly comfortable insulting anyone with an opposing view to yours.

An argument so many subscription based games have made, and many dead FTP games have made. Is that why games like Destiny and Tera went FTP? Is that why Guild Wars 2, FF14, and World of Warcraft have extensive free trials? Is that why free mobile games are the MOST profitable game model currently?

I didn't think there was a person who believed that player skill didn't exist. Sounds like, to you people's success is determined by only 2 factors.

First off, I don't think you know what Sunk Cost Fallacy means. Unless you think time isn't an investment. I'm also sure DE really appreciates how you don't care about their games playerbase. Apparently the welfare of the game is not your concern. So quit pretending.

Says the guy as he proceeds to check a players specs over a forum argument. You must feel really badass right now. I wonder who looks like a psycho to people reading your post.

Also thank you for proving you're a elitist. Let nearly 90% of the playerbase know that you are going to disregard what they say because "hours lol", in fact since I'm in a small 12% minority that made it past 100, you're probably disregarding more. What's funny is by spending money I can have fewer hours and more S#&$ than a vast majority of the playerbase.

According to you all I need is to find a player with more hours and achievements than you to say your opinion is wrong. How about checking all those negative reviews left recently by people with over 1-5k hrs on Steam or even this forum? Oh, but that won't actually convince you because that's actually a trash argument and so is yours.

You're a loser dude, you got your feelings hurt. Filled a post full of insults not just at me, but a whole group of people, and had weak ass arguments while at the same time revealing to everyone how much of a lying, disingenuous S#&$ bag you are. Anyone with a brain can see you for what you are now.

In case people do a TL;DR . I'll show them an obvious one.

https://www.warframe.com/prime-access

So the guy claiming to spend 10 dollars every 3 months is buying a 50 dollar pack regularly that refreshes every few months. Can't find a more honest guy folks.

Oh man, you are so wrong with everything. I won't even spend any more time answering you afer this.

Regarding the prime access.

Did you know you can buy it in Steam, and the price varies depending country? In my country it is the equivalent of 10 dollars.

And every point you made, you are so wrong. 

Calling me hardcore is an insult to real hardcore players.

I play content without spending money. Prime accesories, that isn't content, they are cosmetics + boosters. 

Never bought weapons nor frames with plat. A lot of the plat I had through the years, was farming relics and selling stuff. 

I grinded almost everything, played all the content of the game, more than once.

People who pay for content they can farm, they are shooting themselves in the foot.

I have fun grinding the content, if people don't have patience or don't like to grind, they can buy it with plat; and you know what? You can get insane amounts of platinum just farming and selling, no need to put money in the game.

Buy endo and tellurium??? What the hell. Do you even play Warframe? Nobody in their right mind would buy that, because it is idiotic.

I don't speed up my grind, I just like to hoard more and more materials, and focus, just because I can. Never said I am speeding my grind because I want to do things "Faster" or to avoid the grind. 

You are putting things I didn´t said in my mouth, common in self-rightous jerks and communists to support their pathetic views, so no problem.

Oh man, everyone has childs and or jobs! Nice communist world view, everyone is the same. And yes, I even play more than 5 hours a day sometimes, also other games. What I do with my life is just for me to judge, go judge yourself, you might find something intersting. 

You think only a no lifer or a child can have all their time free LOL!!!!!!! That´s the best joke buddy, you must be a sheep. You don't know a lot of the world if you think that way.

You are comparing subsciption based games, and payed games with a game that was ALWAYS free. And I guess you never played 1000s of hours to a Korean P2W mmorpg trying not to spend money, you would give Warframe much more credit and respect if you did, but as I stated above, it seems like you have a limited perception of many things in the world. 

And mobile games?? What the hell... those have the most predatory P2W systems, and also pay to play spending 20 dollars a DAY buying everything you need for the game, if not, you can't even do anything in the game.

Success is determined by skill and time spent, (and money is a reflection of time, because you get money with effort and with time). Seems like you missed the part were I wrote also how wholehearteadly it is played. But again, no problem because avoiding this things is normal with self-righteous jerks and communists.

10hs and sunk cost fallacy? Oh you really don't know gamers and the gaming industry. 10hs is too much you think? What are you, a baby? 10hs is NOTHING, it is the minimum amount to get a very little grip in basic things with compex games, you don't even scratch the surface of same games with that amount of time. 

And talking about amount of time spent and scratching the surface, with your time played, enemies killed, weapons and warframes used, you didn't scratch the surface of Warframe. I had to see if you had at least 1k hs, no need to have around 3k like I do to know if you really played the game. 260hs is just the start of everything.

If you consider that giving value to merit is being elitist, then I am an elitist. 

Most people who whine about the game, are people who can't adapt, and negatives reviews have no value, I played a lot of games that the reviews didn't do any justice to them, most are baby people, or whiners, butthurted, miserable. But you know, people always look for peer validation, just like sheep.

I don't have my feelings hurt, you are the loser, I was talking about FOCUS and you starting to talk all around about things that have nothing to do with it. You are a loser because you want to feel important and want to sound like an expert, but you know nothing.

Will reiterate it, I won't answer to you again, because you are the typical self-righteous jerk that puts words in other people mouths to seek validation of people. 

So I invite you to go have fun 1000s of hs more in Warframe, in case you didn't know you can. And then try to be an expert. I am no expert though, I just state the simple facts I see, than even a dumb one like you should see, but I guess the world isn't perfect. 

17 hours ago, Krankbert said:

Well, the last part really has nothing to do with the playtime, but thinking you're not a hardcore player when you play 5 hours a day does show a massive lack of perspective.

If I considered myself a hardcore player just because I play 5hs a day, I would be insulting real hardcore players. 

21 minutes ago, BLI7Z said:

If I considered myself a hardcore player just because I play 5hs a day, I would be insulting real hardcore players. 

Here's the thing though: Most "casual" players (e.g. the vast, vast, vast majority of players in games) pay games at most 1 to 2 hours a day.

Not 5 hours dedicated to one game every day.

5 hours a day is fairly "hardcore" rather you consider it that or not.

Most people don't have that amount of time to just dump into games endlessly due to having tons of other stuff going on in their life.

So you're actually quite close to "hardcore" whether you consider it that way or not simply due to how many hours you dump into the game...and trying to say "I'm not hardcore, I just dump 5 hours a day into this game and and grind out focus so everyone should be able to do the same...." is quite disingenuous and shows a very skewed perspective on things.

Good for you that you can dump that much time every single day into warframe.  But that is far and beyond what most people can do.

And hardcore doesn't just mean "you only use meta gear and min-maxed rivens" and all that.
It can mean that you spend a ton of time grinding away at the game that is beyond the usual.
And TBF spending 5 hours every day in warframe can easily be seen as a "hardcore"/"no-lifer" player.

5 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Here's the thing though: Most "casual" players (e.g. the vast, vast, vast majority of players in games) pay games at most 1 to 2 hours a day.

Not 5 hours dedicated to one game every day.

5 hours a day is fairly "hardcore" rather you consider it that or not.

Most people don't have that amount of time to just dump into games endlessly due to having tons of other stuff going on in their life.

So you're actually quite close to "hardcore" whether you consider it that way or not simply due to how many hours you dump into the game...and trying to say "I'm not hardcore, I just dump 5 hours a day into this game and and grind out focus so everyone should be able to do the same...." is quite disingenuous and shows a very skewed perspective on things.

Good for you that you can dump that much time every single day into warframe.  But that is far and beyond what most people can do.

And hardcore doesn't just mean "you only use meta gear and min-maxed rivens" and all that.
It can mean that you spend a ton of time grinding away at the game that is beyond the usual.
And TBF spending 5 hours every day in warframe can easily be seen as a "hardcore"/"no-lifer" player.

Well you are right regarding the consensed meaning.

Anyway, from experience I can say that 5 hours a day isn't too much hardcore or no-lifer as people usually say. 

If the common denominator is low (1 hour), then the high will be seen as much. But in a relative and personal way, that high can be considered something lower. 

I know how it is to play around 14hs hours a day, and sometimes being 3 or 4 days without sleep...  that is what I consider hardcore, it is mostly unhealthy, but relatively rewarding... and that is literally no-life.

vor 8 Minuten schrieb BLI7Z:

Anyway, from experience I can say that 5 hours a day isn't too much hardcore or no-lifer as people usually say. 

If the common denominator is low (1 hour), then the high will be seen as much. But in a relative and personal way, that high can be considered something lower. 

I know how it is to play around 14hs hours a day, and sometimes being 3 or 4 days without sleep...  that is what I consider hardcore, it is mostly unhealthy, but relatively rewarding... and that is literally no-life.

This is not meant as an insult, neither do i want to assume an addiction.

Still, today we have lots of studies regarding gaming, and your evaluation of whats ok, whats hardcore etc goes against all the common studies:

Zitat

Excessive hours spent gaming definitely disrupts daily function and has a high opportunity cost. That is to say that you're giving up something else when you choose to spend your time gaming. To say that a gaming disorder is defined by a particular number of hours played would be completely false. Let's look at a couple of statistics from the Digital Australia survey 2018. It's important to know that the average time spent playing for males is 98 minutes per day and for females it's 77 minutes.  This includes all ages. Interestingly, the average gaming time for 15-25 year old boys is 155 minutes per day. This totals to about 18 hours per week. Here's my opinion. Personally I think that 18 hours every week, back to back, playing every single day is habit forming behaviour with a high opportunity cost. 15-20 hours every week is starting to overplay, and more than 21 hours every week(3hrs every day) is the type of gameplay that will start to have a detrimental impact on wellbeing according to this Oxford study. However that in itself isn't a gaming disorder.  If we are truly talking about a mental health condition, it's going to be more complicated than playing for too long.

https://www.gameaware.com.au/what-is-a-gaming-disorder/

Zitat

In its report, the Council on Science and Public Health to the American Medical Association (AMA) used this two-hour-per-day limit to define "gaming overuse", citing the American Academy of Pediatrics guideline of no more than one to two hours per day of "screen time".[7]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_addiction

Just two quick sources, feel free to look for more studies.

What you "demand" from players or declare as "normal" is classified as a health risk and a potential indicator for gaming addiction.

So maybe you should reevaluate your stance  on this topic.

14 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

Still, today we have lots of studies regarding gaming, and your evaluation of whats ok, whats hardcore etc goes against all the common studies:

What you "demand" from players or declare as "normal" is classified as a health risk and a potential indicator for gaming addiction.

Lol. Yeah, I am addicted to gaming, I LOVE gaming. 

And it is also my only addiction. I am a straight edge addicted to gaming. 

At least I have enough time for it, and at least I enjoy my addiction.

Also, health risk? I don't trust that because I do plenty of other stuff, like lots of workout and eating healthy homemade food that I cook myself; I even plant my own vegetables and buy nothing in supermarkets.

Anyway, too many personal details, but it is fun to see how people try to put labels.

I don't consider it an insult, just you trying to use a lame tool to "judge" and "analyse" someone. 

You are a cute little thing, you know? Wanting so much to take care of people you don't even know, and who clearly need nothing from you. 

Also, one more thing. Most studies are bullS#&$. And one more thing, get yourself your self-rightousness inside your bottom side. 

There are so many things that destroy people's lives, and you care about gaming, even in a game that is not too demanding.

Talking about self-righteousness. I am demanding nothing from players, I just state what I do. If you people are bland and have health risks by doing whatever the hell you want, your problem and your weaknesses. 

Normal is whatever each individual decides to do. To generalise humanity is stupidity at minimum.

I won't reevaluate anything, there is nothing to reevaluate. What the hell do you think you are? Just a puny random person, and whatever a weak sheep says and/or links, means nothing in the grand scale of things. 

26 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

I take those studies with a hefty pinch of salt tbh because of how new the culture is. It'd be like calling a digital artist an addict for spending hours at their computer, or a gardener an addict for spending hours tending to plants. In the end, so long as you take regular breaks, don't neglect your life or your health and hygiene, it's all good.

Didnt expect any different answer.

Just a few notes:

vor 3 Stunden schrieb BLI7Z:

Also, health risk? I don't trust that because I do plenty of other stuff, like lots of workout and eating healthy homemade food that I cook myself; I even plant my own vegetables and buy nothing in supermarkets.

Yes a risk. a risk is just that, a risk - it can potentially become harmful.

Anyway, too many personal details, but it is fun to see how people try to put labels.

Like i said, i didnt want to assume an addiction or "put labels" - i simply quoted the current state of knowledge in the scientifc world, which has put in a lot of work in the past 2 decades regarding analyzing gaming behaviours and the related effects. And none of those quotes say that the time spent is the only factor that plays a role. But it is a potential indicator for problematic behaviour.

I enjoy my addiction.

Great if you enjoy it and if it has no negative impact at all for you. But your are basically demanding that everyone exposes themselves to a potential healthrisk to deal with certain things in Warframe. It might work for you, but it might not for others.

You are a cute little thing, you know? Wanting so much to take care of people you don't even know,

Thanks.

I really try to be nice to others as long as they try that aswell. But let me be really clear here: I couldnt care less about you, your health or your homegrown vegetables. I am not trying to help you and you obviously dont want help anyway. If you dont consider yourself hardore because you are not playing 14 hours a day anymore - cool. I dont care. But that has nothing to do with the current state of research, common recommendations and studies in regards to gaming.

I know why i didnt quote you directly before - i am not interested in any further "discussion", i just wanted to get some facts straight.

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Numerikuu:

I take those studies with a hefty pinch of salt tbh because of how new the culture is. It'd be like calling a digital artist an addict for spending hours at their computer, or a gardener an addict for spending hours tending to plants. In the end, so long as you take regular breaks, don't neglect your life or your health and hygiene, it's all good.

Well if its your job its obviously a different story, and no one would classify someone as an addict because he does his job 😄

The things you mention afterwards definitely play a role, and every legitimate study mentions those things aswell. (its a part in my quotes aswell)

Edit: And you are right culture changes, certain things exist now that didnt exist before. Streamers come to mind, they obviously spend a lot of time gaming aswell. But at the same time its their job and entertainment for others. Are all streamers addicts? Of course not! But just because something becomes part of our culture doesnt mean its free from risks.

52 minutes ago, BLI7Z said:

And I will just say: Your view of what is "hardcore" or not is extremely skewed.

Most players don't have the time to play 5 hours a day even if they wanted to.
They have tons of other things to do an don't want to throw it all away just because "oh hey, I need to grind focus 5 hours a day just to hit my caps and be able to do anything outside of grinding focus!"

You need to take a few steps back and just look over everything again.
Five hours is a ton of time to spend on a game every day, and most simply don't have that option.

Again: Good for you that you do and enjoy it.
Most players don't have that choice due to a thing called outside life that is more important.

So you basically declaring that "Things aren't too bad...it doesn't take long to grind focus if you grind it for 5 hours a day every single day." is quite a bit out of line, and incredibly unrealistic.

23 hours ago, Krankbert said:

Look. It's fine if you don't want to grind. Nobody cares. But don't pretend that the reason for you never having seriously grinded in this game was a made-up issue that came up five years after you started playing. It's pathetic.

Someone's living under a rock, i see.

It's not like they've been doing that for years.

Man, some of you guys wouldn't last 4 months in World of Warcraft.
Every patch or so, Blizzard completely eliminates any progress you've made on your character by resetting the base ilv of gear to heroic raid quality of the previous patch. They make a catch up system so that all your grinding for AP/CE/whatever that expansion's primary grind is is meaningless and add an entirely new grind to replace it.

BFA deleted and added grinds so quickly that by the last patch a new account had like 6 systems to unlock to prevent you from being 1 shot by chaos bolt.

3 minutes ago, Metalgearfox said:

Man, some of you guys wouldn't last 4 months in World of Warcraft.
Every patch or so, Blizzard completely eliminates any progress you've made on your character by resetting the base ilv of gear to heroic raid quality of the previous patch. They make a catch up system so that all your grinding for AP/CE/whatever that expansion's primary grind is is meaningless and add an entirely new grind to replace it.

BFA deleted and added grinds so quickly that by the last patch a new account had like 6 systems to unlock to prevent you from being 1 shot by chaos bolt.

This is one of the many reasons I love warframe. So tired of games erasing 90% of what you spent time on while charging you money before and after. Continuous progression is great.

Some quick calcs I made

Before, from https://forums.warframe.com/topic/749937-how-much-is-focus-need-for-fully-complete-every-school/?ct=1651443536

• Madurai: 7,316,000 for branches
  • Vazarin: 7,385,000 for branches
  • Naramon: 6,222,500 for branches
  • Unairu: 5,537,500 for branches
  • Zenurik: 6,947,500 for branches
  • Capacity: 6,497,517 (Dunno why that post sums each school's pool, pool was shared and AFAIK it always was?)

Now;

• Every Focus school requires 10,500,000 Focus points to max out, no capacity pool

Difference: 

• Madurai: 43.5% increase (3.184.000 focus points)
  • Vazarin: 42.18% increase (3.115.000 focus points)
  • Naramon:  68.74% increase (4.277.500 focus points)
  • Unairu: 89.61% increase (4.962.500 focus points)
  • Zenurik: 51.13% increase (3.552.500 focus points)
  • Capacity: 6,497,517 focus points refunded, awarded on a 1:1 ratio on pool to shards (I think)

Total: 31.55% increase (12.593.983 focus points), 32 days of 400k focus daily cap. I guess DE has a different meaning for "very similar (if not slightly cheaper)".

10 minutes ago, ajuanjojjj said:

Capacity: 6,497,517 (Dunno why that post sums each school's pool, pool was shared and AFAIK it always was?)

The old post is counting the pool cost as if you needed to increase it on a per school basis. So it is incorrect.

Also that post is from focus 1.0, not 2.0 (we are currently on 3.0).

if you read the focus 2.0 page you’ll see the total focus 2.0 point cost is approximately the same as focus 3.0.

Archived