Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, with respect, why are you devaluing all of our hard work with our Focus Points? This is not the right way to go about things.

Tesseract7777

23 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I haven't encountered the issue myself.  Apparently, even with zero tri-caps, I had so many excess points, it didn't matter.  So I wasn't complaining.  

Just trying to be helpful to those who are encountering the problem anyway, rather than do whatever the hell you're doing.

Im not making fun of you or any1 else here
Whole situation for me is funny but not you
For example i don't do animal capture i hate it with burning passion
And if they make new focus to be paid with floofs i would have some heavy farming to do right now
And you know what i would just go do it instead of complaining
People here have a problem with the fact they were not able to FULLY unlock all schools
Well there are players here with not enough focus to unlock 1 skill in each school
And they will just farm focus needed to do so instead of complaining
i won't do tri caps i won't farm focus i don't have lenses on anything i use yet i believe they will add crap to school shops which i will want to buy and i will need to farm focus or tri cap
So in the end probably i will need to farm eidolons or focus more than ppl here who think they are so aggrieved

Today i did buy bundle of materials for voidshell for 100 plat just to figure out i missing 3 of them which can be purchased only in another bundle with the ones i already bought but this bundle is for almost 300 plat

And who is to blame here? Me for not checking will i get everything i want before i make a purchase or DE for not informing me im buying most materials and not all of them that are there to buy? (i just bought that one for 300 plat overlapping then one i purchased for 100)

I see only complains here i don't see any arguments here why it should be cheaper or why it is unfair
We are playing grind based game so let's grind and clem clem

7 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

I see only complains here i don't see any arguments here why it should be cheaper or why it is unfair

If the focus costs have gone up substantially, I wouldn't necessarily think it unfair.  I'd want to know the exact details and  hear the explanation from DE before making that judgement.  

I would think it's a major screw up not to say anything about it beforehand though.

4 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

If the focus costs have gone up substantially, I wouldn't necessarily think it unfair.  I'd want to know the exact details and  hear the explanation from DE before making that judgement.  

I would think it's a major screw up not to say anything about it beforehand though.

From my glancing through the focus trees it does look like the focus cost has increased quite a bit. I had most trees almost maxed out and ended with most trees almost maxed out (probably a loss of about 2 full nodes per tree except Madurai which I maxed fully).

I'd like to pretend I sympathise, but you're not being blocked from anything. All you need to do is go farm some more focus.

Especially as a number of the names here I recognise from TNW sub forum as being absolutely unsympathetic to people struggling with TNW :-P.

(and if you just stick lenses on everything, you can farm it casually while doing everything else)

19 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

For example, I am a fairly casual player overall, in my best focus school, vazarin, I had the affinity range, quick revive and protective dash nodes maxed, sonic dash (where the new form of protective dash is now) I had at level 2 about a quarter ways to three. I had the operator health passive maxed except for the waybound. And I had enough pool I could run all of this at once.

The wiki pages for the Focus 2.0 schools are archived.  For instance https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Focus_2.0/Vazarin  So it's possible to compare old versus new and pin down any discrepancies in the maximums. 

The Ordis email we received also shows how much we spent in each school, and how many shards we received.  If that's accurate, and if the problem isn't in the school maximums, maybe the specifics can be figured out from there.

25 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

We are playing grind based game so let's grind and clem clem

Maybe it's because the patch notes themselves stated:

11 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

While re-investing your Focus into the updated Focus Nodes, you might see a difference in Node costs and School costs depending on which Way you follow. Overall, the total Focus required should be very similar (if not slightly cheaper) than the old system, but costs are now standardized across Schools and Nodes.

Especially the part about "The total focus required should be very similar (if not slightly cheaper) than the old system)"
This looks like either a bug, or a blatant lie, on DEs part that I hope that @[DE]Megan can comment on.

Meanwhile even with all the points refunded (I had maxed out the old system 100%) I didn't have enough points to finish the majority of the trees.
Same thing happened to a friend that plays with me.  They loaded in the system and can't even get all of the waybounds out of the way because the costs are higher than they were...even though the patch notes said that it should roughly be the same or cheaper.

13 minutes ago, schilds said:

I'd like to pretend I sympathise, but you're not being blocked from anything. All you need to do is go farm some more focus.

Especially as a number of the names here I recognise from TNW sub forum as being absolutely unsympathetic to people struggling with TNW :-P.

(and if you just stick lenses on everything, you can farm it casually while doing everything else)

I am not interested in sympathy (I don't expect anyone to feel sorry for me if DE does nothing about it, nor would that help the situation), just making a thread for anyone who has noticed this to bring it up to DE. This isn't what was expected, and they made no statement to explain it. 

So I would like an explanation is all. 

Also, I think you partially jest on TNW sub-forum thing, but I am not really sure how they are equivalent. I am not sure a quest locking you out of the game, and losing focus progression, really compare on any level. 

10 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

The wiki pages for the Focus 2.0 schools are archived.  For instance https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Focus_2.0/Vazarin  So it's possible to compare old versus new and pin down any discrepancies in the maximums. 

The Ordis email we received also shows how much we spent in each school, and how many shards we received.  If that's accurate, and if the problem isn't in the school maximums, maybe the specifics can be figured out from there.

Yeah the costs of the new nodes are much more expensive based on those numbers.

Nodes scale up to 600,000 for the final rank now. (compared to the most expensive ranks prior costing around 300k)

26 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

11 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Maybe it's because the patch notes themselves stated:

Especially the part about "The total focus required should be very similar (if not slightly cheaper) than the old system)"
This looks like either a bug, or a blatant lie, on DEs part that I hope that @[DE]Megan can comment on.

Meanwhile even with all the points refunded (I had maxed out the old system 100%) I didn't have enough points to finish the majority of the trees.
Same thing happened to a friend that plays with me.  They loaded in the system and can't even get all of the waybounds out of the way because the costs are higher than they were...even though the patch notes said that it should roughly be the same or cheaper.

My wild guess
They did it intentionally so more ppl would populate tri caps and help ppl adjust to new focus crap

But that is just a guess

On a sidenote:

Zitat

While re-investing your Focus into the updated Focus Nodes, you might see a difference in Node costs and School costs depending on which Way you follow. Overall, the total Focus required should be very similar (if not slightly cheaper) than the old system

Can someone maybe send a calculator to canada?

What do they mean "should"? Why is there even a possible alternative to "should be same" in the form of "maybe its even cheaper"

And of course it seems like its non of the options but actually the third possibility being more expensive, what a surprise.

You have 2 numbers to compare, "total cost before" <-> "total cost after". And they have to guess and make vague statements?

Sometimes i read too much into certain things, but honestly i believe that this is not an oversight. To me this looks like behaviour you pull off when you are trying to hide something. They could have clearly said "it is ..." but no, "it should be like this" but "maybe its even like this, how are we supposed to find out? Ordis was busy counting stars!" Maybe something went wrong with the refund-script, things like this can always happen. But them not being able to tell if something got more expensive? Come on..

7 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I am not interested in sympathy (I don't expect anyone to feel sorry for me if DE does nothing about it, nor would that help the situation), just making a thread for anyone who has noticed this to bring it up to DE. This isn't what was expected, and they made no statement to explain it. 

So I would like an explanation is all. 

Also, I think you partially jest on TNW sub-forum thing, but I am not really sure how they are equivalent. I am not sure a quest locking you out of the game, and losing focus progression, really compare on any level. 

Simple
He means you didn't lose anything but that you need to farm something to gain access to content you previously had access due having *everything*

I think you really need to take a deep breath to look at things from different perspective
And if you look at RJ it also wasn't what we expected
TNW was not what we expected since that quest is not something you expect when you hear/see something like "our biggest update yet"
So technically like baroo and his prime disappointment we did actually get what was expected

23 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Ordis email seems out, total focus from email = 52,334,186, wiki puts total focus @ 52,660,819 to unlock everything which I had plus excess. As I completed an unknow amount of  tricaps previously to bank some focus for this exact situation (lol) best I can figure is I'm left with 22 shards or 880k standing after maxing schools. Latest screen shot I had shows 4.4 million excess in Madurai now I only have 1.5 million.

I had a max'd out pool before change and all schools fully unlocked, I was able to just use the points I had in them all to max out and have heaps leftover again.

Though I'd need to check all my screenshots of before school points extra to the new school points extra to see how much it changed.

But yeah the Focus refit didn't hurt from first look.

Ehh...

I have access to most of what I had before, and a lot of the "side" nodes that previously were better off ignored before now actually have some value.  Having a reason to farm Eidolons or to wreck ESO again isn't the worst thing in the world.

I prefer the increase in power in return for my play time, rather than just seeing worthless or low value nodes lit up.

I think the script they ran didn't work properly for some.

In my case it may have been in my favour. I don't recall how many eidolon shards I had pre-update, but I had an excess of roughly 12m focus, so ~65m in total.

That got me enough to max all schools, buy everything from Unairu and Zenurik shops, the voidshells from the rest and still have ~50 shards to spare.

If, however, everything is correct with me, this means that I've spent 15m on the cosmetics, so the new total is 48-9m as opposed to 53.

I think the disconnect here is that the new prices are supposed to be cheaper than the previous total cost of both ranking up each node and getting the capacity to use them all across all schools, so just comparing the new node prices to the old ones wouldn't give an accurate result.

So if you're like me, and focused primarily on nodes with the intent of increasing the cap later, there would be a fairly sizable gulf between the old prices and the new ones, but if you had the capacity upgraded to max, you'd have enough to fill out the new trees and a little extra.

There is something wrong here indeed, before this so called 'update' i had all nodes unlocked and maxed, now i can't get 3 nodes complete, even with the refunded stuff. Think i missed the part where this was going to be similar or little cheaper, prolly devs missed that too

1 minute ago, ReddyDisco said:

There is something wrong here indeed, before this so called 'update' i had all nodes unlocked and maxed, now i can't get 3 nodes complete, even with the refunded stuff. Think i missed the part where this was going to be similar or little cheaper, prolly devs missed that too

I don't think there's anything wrong... As noted earlier in the thread the costs of Focus 2.0 are not the same as the new system. The new system is much more expensive (max rank of nodes costs 600K where as the old system's most expensive ranks were only 300k). It is not a 1:1 system. Nor was the upgrade from Focus 1.0 to Focus 2.0.

1 minute ago, ReddyDisco said:

That is strange, I had all Schools unlocked and max'd before update and I was able to max them out without using any converted Shards.

I only needed to Convert some shards to buy all the Represent shop items from each school.

8 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

That is strange, I had all Schools unlocked and max'd before update and I was able to max them out without using any converted Shards.

I only needed to Convert some shards to buy all the Represent shop items from each school.

lucky you

Before the patch i had all focus tree maxed + alot of extra points in it and alot of points in the pool and also maxed.

Today i had a hard time maxing all trees but it was possible. I thought i can buy the extra shop empty bc i had alot of points before. I couldnt. Only the decal for each school.

It looks like we lost points or our work was devalued like you said.

This devaluation feels not great given how slow and agonizing focus was all those years we suffered to rank up our schools only to be kicked back down the ladder.

If it was a system that had actually been broken all these years and dishing out useless points like candy then I wouldn't care. It just never felt that way.  

8 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

snip

This isn't about how much grinding we/you have done.... it's about getting the same value in focus as we had before...something DE said would be the outcome of the 'refunds' 🙄

Just because you have excess shards/focus doesn't mean you actually had the same value from focus as the old version....

Archived