Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Open Letter from [DE]Steve

[DE]Steve

I will miss your dad jokes and puns on the Warframe Devstreams, I'll miss your guitar skills and your fun demeanor. I wish only the best on this new venture, hopefully it will become another big part of [DE] and your legacy, can't wait to get my hands on it because I know that if you and some of the other Devs at [DE] are helming the project, it will be nothing short of amazing.

See you space cowboy...

• Like 1

Thanks Steve, thanks for the work on the Warframe.
You created a great project in which I have been for about 8 years. Like many here - my words, words of gratitude.
Your project did not set the task of making money by all means, you did it for the players and for the sake of the players.
I'm sure your company's new milestone will only confirm my words.

Thank you and good luck with your new endeavor!

Best wishes from Siberia!

Edited by LikViDAt0R

Steve, how could you do this to me.

How am I supposed to make room in my life for another game.

If my wife comes looking for you, I won't be held responsible for the consequences of my own terrible decisions and lack of self control.

• Like 1

I would like to thank you, Steve, for your years of effort and for sharing your work to the world. I'm absolutely looking forward to your next adventure. May it too reign and take over my life for another decade.

I was not a founder for Warframe. I joined Warframe on another account on PSN in 2016. It was a fun game, but it scratched an itch that I didn't know I had. No other game had quite hit the mark at that point and still they haven't. Warframe is a fast paced and exhilarating game that remind me of the days of old school shooters and platformers with a healthy dose of weird. It is such a hard game to explain to others because there is absolutely nothing like it even to this day.

However, it was really when I hit the Second Dream's conclusion that I fell in love with the game right then and there. No other game has had that impact on me and I've been playing games since the NES/SNES days. If it wasn't for your efforts and and the efforts of your talented team there would be quite a hole where Warframe currently resides. In such a world there may very well be another game taking my time to fill that hole if eternalism has anything to say about it, but I'm glad it was Warframe that has done so in this side. Again, I thank you as a tenno, an old time gamer, and a geek.

Edited by Vlaun
  • Like 3

Thank you, Steve, and the rest of the team for the wonderful game.

I remember ever since closed beta, and the earlier mechanics--to seeing now and the evolution since is unreal. You've all done something truly fantastic in not only in creating something original, but fighting the odds that were stacked against you. 

Normally I'd wish you all luck with Soulframe, but something tells me you won't need that. 🍺

I'm really encouraged to see Digital Extremes grow like this. And I also know the community will rally behind Rebecca as she's now in the driver's seat.

So I say congratulations to Rebecca, Megan, Pablo and everyone else in there promotions. We're in great hands.

And I'll also be watching and waiting for Soul Frame. 

I do feel a sense of concern but that could just be the underlying fear of change. But I hope Rebecca and co come at Warframe with fresh perspectives. 

So congratulations to all. And this tenno is behind you.

Steve, Geoff and Scott: Thank you for your hard work and giving us warframe. We wouldn't be here without you.

Edited by (XBOX)Cram Duahcim

To Steve and all those departing and staying...:

If you going nowhere you're going nowhere fast

Make like a tree and grow some roots...Hard times come Hard times Pass

players will always be there when ?Frames turns black

You Develop the game and we Bug Report what else could someone need ?!  "Coaugh, Coaugh "

verey tiny little piece of tip to Steve STICK to swimwear clothing line for the new game for these simple known advantages 1-Faster developing 2-less cosmetics BUGS

the less time you spend bug fixing the more time you spend developing a win-win situation. 

Thanks for your passion and endeavor, Steve.

Warframe has always been my best game, and it will always be in the future too.

To be honest, right after TennoCon 2022 I got sad because I never expected it all.

However, now I just wonder how both games, Warframe and Soulframe will be in the future, with all hope and anticipation.

I am sure both will be always great.

I wish the best for Warframe and Soulframe

Good luck Steve.

Edited by GreatBMD
  • Like 1

good luck Steve and the team, I've already got my envoy, cant wait for the new journey with you and the team well i still stay on this journey with Rebecca and the team. 
you'l always be space dad even well your soul dad. 

You're a grand sort of fellow, Steve, and your ideas have brought millions of us a lot of joy and excitement.  I wish you all the best of luck with the creation of Soulframe, and the years to come with the new ideas DE wishes to bring into the world.  Don't feel rushed on our behalf with your bright new project; Warframe has certainly been enough of a whirlwind since those halcyon steam launch days, it might be time to take things a little slower between releases.

I'm sorry I didn't get to a tennocon early enough to tell you how much Warframe has meant to my friends and I, and sorrier still I didn't keep the other Rogers cable techs from messing up DE's cable right before the big day - it was my turn to get friday/saturday off, of all the blasted luck!  

I'm sure plenty of people will be looking forward to see how Rebb adds new depths and character to the vibrant ocean that Warframe's content has become, and many of us will be here for many more years to come, if you'll all have us.  Best of luck to you, sir, and many happy returns.

Edited by captainHalide

Ty for everything Steve! You made my childhood a better place when UT was released. It's been quite a memorable journey,one that i will never forget. I am very glad that you and your team are still productive and am looking forward to your next game release. I hope Warframe won't die in the process. Ty again for everything Steve! <3

Thank you Steve!

You've been single handedly the reason I took serious interest in Warframe

Because your excitement, your crazyness, your passion and your genuineness was infectious

You'll be severely missed, but I guess the man's gotta do what's the man gotta do

Best of luck to you and your team

• Like 1

Thats always been a super interesting thing to watch developers go through.    How long can they keep trudging along making new content,   How do people at the top Transition to other games.    Can a developer ever have inspiration or energy to take everything from a game they worked on for 10+ years and start over from scratch in a completely upgraded and revamped sequel.  

-------------------

I wish a developer would make a fantasy action game mixed with disgaea style leveling and upgrading lol.    I want weapons and armor that do not have stats themselves,  they just determine the appearence of your character.   While the stats for your character are determined elsewhere.   

I also would love a Wing Commander game where you just fly around in your Space Carrier and launch missions to gather resources,  take on enemies, and have a focus on the pilots and crew on board.   But it would never end.

----------------------

But yeah thank you to all the devs leaving for Soulframe,  Warframe is great,  but if your creativity is pulling you in another direction go for it!!  I can not imagine having a team of people all willing to help work towards a dream game.  

On 2022-07-16 at 11:21 PM, [DE]Steve said:

Tenno,

Digital Extremes has been my home for my entire game development career. 20+ years for those counting (I try not to). Over 10 of those years have been on Warframe as you know it today, but in truth the Warframe story started much earlier. Warframe once existed as Dark Sector in my mind in the early 2000’s. Turning that seed of ‘Dark Sector’ into ‘Warframe’ has been a life-defining accomplishment for me and the Digital Extremes team. I feel like I can say: We did it. And in some ways, I thought it’d be the last thing we’d do as a team. But we want to tell another story.

Soulframe development has officially just begun. We hope you follow along. It’s only possible because the community believed in Warframe to allow me 10 beautiful years in the Origin System. Further still, the Warframe team believed in me, but more importantly, I believe in them. I know they can do great things with the story of the Tenno. And now, a group of us have set our sights on the Fantasy genre to tell the story of Soulframe.

I want to have Fantasy & Science Fiction as a part of Digital Extreme’s legacy. I want to spend as much time with Soulframe as I have with Warframe. My beard only has so much black left in it.

Envoys, see you in the future.

We all lift together - and always will.

- [DE]Steve

Please also see [DE]Rebecca's Open Letter:

Thanks for everything Steve, from Unreal Tournament, which ate up almost as many hours as warframe did, to the next project (soulframe) which i'll keep following with as much enthusiasm as i have warframe, and who knows what else in the future.
Thanks and hope to see you soon, on a (new) couch somewhere.

I got into Warframe just after it went open beta, at a really bad period in my life. Lost m,y mom, had to live ion another country where I couldn't work or anything and was reliant on a douchebag of a relative for food and housing. My life really sucked and I thought about ending it several times between 2012 and 2013.

Warframe was so different from everything else I had played up until then that I was hooked, even when I couldn't figure out a lot of stuff at first. Yes, I was one of the noobs who ran missions for a week before figuring out how to mod weapons and warframes!  There have been ups and downs a just like in real life, but in the end? We go on. I started writing Warframe fanfictions just to have something to do that didn't cost anything and now, I have LOTS of them posted both here and on fanfiction.net. I enjoy playing in the sandbox you built, Steve. I really do.

For what it is worth, I hope your next game does well. It looks cool and maybe I will get the chance to write a few fanfictions about Soulframe. Maybe not. None can know what the future truly holds or I would have bought stock in your company back in 2012.

Clear skies and fair winds, Steve. Or, my favorite- May your enemies run with fear!

В 17.07.2022 в 07:21, [DE]Steve сказал:

Tenno,

Digital Extremes has been my home for my entire game development career. 20+ years for those counting (I try not to). Over 10 of those years have been on Warframe as you know it today, but in truth the Warframe story started much earlier. Warframe once existed as Dark Sector in my mind in the early 2000’s. Turning that seed of ‘Dark Sector’ into ‘Warframe’ has been a life-defining accomplishment for me and the Digital Extremes team. I feel like I can say: We did it. And in some ways, I thought it’d be the last thing we’d do as a team. But we want to tell another story.

Soulframe development has officially just begun. We hope you follow along. It’s only possible because the community believed in Warframe to allow me 10 beautiful years in the Origin System. Further still, the Warframe team believed in me, but more importantly, I believe in them. I know they can do great things with the story of the Tenno. And now, a group of us have set our sights on the Fantasy genre to tell the story of Soulframe.

I want to have Fantasy & Science Fiction as a part of Digital Extreme’s legacy. I want to spend as much time with Soulframe as I have with Warframe. My beard only has so much black left in it.

Envoys, see you in the future.

We all lift together - and always will.

- [DE]Steve

Please also see [DE]Rebecca's Open Letter:

Steve, you can make these worlds intersect, either by history or by the principle of "seed" as in the Sword Art Online franchise, different worlds, on the same engine, but with different mechanics, but close and understandable to a large Warframe audience!

Put a lotus sign to whom it is close and interesting! For Steve to see.

Стив, можно сделать чтобы эти миры пересекались, либо по истории либо по принципу "семени" как во франшизе Мастера Меча онлайн, разные миры, на одном движке, но с разными механиками, но близкие и понятные уже большой аудиторией Варфрейма!  Ставьте знак лотос, кому это близко и интересно! Чтоб Стив увидел.