Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Open Letter from [DE]Steve

[DE]Steve

25 minutes ago, [DE]Steve said:

We all lift together - and always will.

I remember seeing you in an interview, when you weren't grey lol. You were talking about the guyver being a source of inspiration for the game and it immediately hooked me. One of the few memories I have with my father was watching that when I was about 9 or 10 years old, and it always stuck with me. 

I've been playing ever since (nine years now) without looking back and without any regrets, and I look forward to seeing what you do with Soulframe. 

Thank you so much for your contribution to the development of Warframe and congratulations making your dream a reality. I can only imagine how it feels to pass the torch of developing one of your greatest projects to a new generation of developers. I personally believe Warframe is in good hands.

Good luck on the development of Soulframe.

P.S.
It is difficult to tell from the trailer, but I had a hard time telling if Soulframe runs on the Evolution Engine. This engine came a long way, but the cloth physics gave it away...

vor 39 Minuten schrieb [DE]Steve:

Soulframe development has officially just begun. We hope you follow along.

I will definitely follow along! If there should be another Founders Program like there was with Warframe count me in!

So long and thanks for all the fish!

It's been a good ride and Warframe is this bizarre but fantastic game that is somehow a live service game that appeared before they were cool, tells a genuinely exciting cinematic story while being an oddly fair F2P - really something to be proud of.

And I'm glad to see DE becoming more than just a one-game-developer again - with a good creative lead at the helm, it's going to be interesting to watch!

All i can say is thank you for the first 10 amazing years of Warframe, it would not have happened without you, and good luck with the new venture. The new game has an interesting premise from the looks of it so i can't wait to see it in action down the line

thank you for everything you've done. still, it's very much scary I guess one could say. I definitely follow Soulframe but especially because you all just grew so close to my heart over the years, watching this innovative and amazing game grow. 

In some way, you will always stay [DE]Steve and I think I won't be alone with this thought.

Best of lucks, you Tenno-Creator x)

hace 1 hora, [DE]Steve dijo:

Tenno,

Digital Extremes has been my home for my entire game development career. 20+ years for those counting (I try not to). Over 10 of those years have been on Warframe as you know it today, but in truth the Warframe story started much earlier. Warframe once existed as Dark Sector in my mind in the early 2000’s. Turning that seed of ‘Dark Sector’ into ‘Warframe’ has been a life-defining accomplishment for me and the Digital Extremes team. I feel like I can say: We did it. And in some ways, I thought it’d be the last thing we’d do as a team. But we want to tell another story.

Soulframe development has officially just begun. We hope you follow along. It’s only possible because the community believed in Warframe to allow me 10 beautiful years in the Origin System. Further still, the Warframe team believed in me, but more importantly, I believe in them. I know they can do great things with the story of the Tenno. And now, a group of us have set our sights on the Fantasy genre to tell the story of Soulframe.

I want to have Fantasy & Science Fiction as a part of Digital Extreme’s legacy. I want to spend as much time with Soulframe as I have with Warframe. My beard only has so much black left in it.

Envoys, see you in the future.

We all lift together - and always will.

- [DE]Steve

Please also see [DE]Rebecca's Open Letter:

This “Soulframe” can be an opportunity to start from scratch with all the strengths and weaknesses you learned in the past, I hope you and your team feel proud of what you did with Warframe, because despite having problems with the game you managed to do wonderful things and that is a result that not everyone earns.

I wish you the best with this project, good luck.

Looking forward to the game, the trailer was very intriguing! Not totally sold on the name (it's a little on the nose) but the mechanics that were hinted at look like they could be really fun. I hope to see some gameplay soon!

And of course, thank you for being a driving force behind 10 years of one of the best, most unique games I've ever played, through both the ups and the downs. To this day there isn't a damn thing out there like Warframe, and I always find myself coming back to it. Hope you still pop in on a devstream from time to time!