Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opinion; DE should stop releasing new frames, focus on fixing the old ones and find a new main way to monetise the game.

TheGodofWiFi

The end of the career as a game has arrived. The last updates accelerated this process. There has never been any creativity on the part of DE when it comes to the long term. The game is a cycle of getting equipment, upalos, placing shapes and testing in the simulacrum. Railjack 3.0 was a bad thing that happened. The rework of the eximus that made virtually all warframes unusable was another point and the ammo nerf of some weapons. These actions made the game a lot less fun...and unfortunately fun and common sense were always out of reach for the DE team. And there wasn't any innovation in the game either...it's always the same thing to do, repetitive, tedious and limited. The game itself is quite limited due to its low budget and popularity has plummeted in recent years.

6 hours ago, Vaml77 said:

The end of the career as a game has arrived. The last updates accelerated this process. There has never been any creativity on the part of DE when it comes to the long term. The game is a cycle of getting equipment, upalos, placing shapes and testing in the simulacrum. Railjack 3.0 was a bad thing that happened. The rework of the eximus that made virtually all warframes unusable was another point and the ammo nerf of some weapons. These actions made the game a lot less fun...and unfortunately fun and common sense were always out of reach for the DE team. And there wasn't any innovation in the game either...it's always the same thing to do, repetitive, tedious and limited. The game itself is quite limited due to its low budget and popularity has plummeted in recent years.

Dude...just give up. You're so fake with trying to be negative that it just sounds weak at this point. 

2 hours ago, Sojufueled said:

Certain frames like Nidus because of their backstory were assumed wouldn't get prime versions. DE is actually stricter about this with weapons.

Talk to Varzia. She clears it up once and for all: some frames had the Primes come first, while for other frames the experimental non-Primes came first. Nidus and Titania fall into that second category

2 hours ago, Sojufueled said:

Certain frames like Nidus because of their backstory were assumed wouldn't get prime versions. DE is actually stricter about this with weapons.

Noting about Nidus conflicts with being a prime. He literally has no backstory. Nidus is just called an Old War relic.

I'm not going to say that it wouldn't be nice for some of the older frames to get some rework love but at the same time I also don't feel like I need to enjoy every frame equally. And to be fair, if you drop three forma in a ham sandwich you can run the base starchart no problem. The only place where things get kinda iffy are specific mission subtypes where you where you where only ever going to bring something that can CC or one of the 5(?) frames that can turn invisible.

Those new frames keep players playing and money flowing.

20 hours ago, Atsia said:

Noting about Nidus conflicts with being a prime. He literally has no backstory. Nidus is just called an Old War relic.

But thanks to the magic of -checks notes- Eternalism, Nidus exists both as a non-prime and prime warframe 

On 2023-02-10 at 3:49 AM, Voltage said:

Premium battle pass models plague the gaming industry. It's nice that Nightwave is relaxed and forgiving. The last thing Warframe needs is to add more "trendy development models" seen from other titles.

real and true actually. Not just battle passes. loot boxes, PREMIUM fomo (why are battle passes with time limits on them still a thing??).

for all of WF's faults, I am glad, monetization wise at least, it sticks out like a bleeding clownfish in an ocean of sharks.

EDIT: this of course does not absolve DE of any wrongdoing. As already mentioned plenty of times, the FOMO here has been quite bad lately. 

14 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

real and true actually. Not just battle passes. loot boxes, PREMIUM fomo (why are battle passes with time limits on them still a thing??).

for all of WF's faults, I am glad, monetization wise at least, it sticks out like a bleeding clownfish in an ocean of sharks.

DE's monetization hasn't been very clean lately (namely Prime Resurgence and the choice to have FOMO exclusive Supporter Packs on many major updates). I just really don't like these games that add FOMO grind but you need to pay to experience the FOMO. It's obnoxious. The rawest form of this was Diablo Immortal's Boon of Plenty which were paid login rewards with a streak "bonus" system. That is how Battle Passes feel, just in a more obfuscated way.

Paying for filler "task loops" like you see in so many other games is definitely something I don't want to see added to Warframe. It's especially horrendous when you get the "it's only cosmetics though!" crowd, as if cosmetics aren't valuable to have or collect. The allowance and acceptance of abusive business models from the majority of casual gamers is why the landscape is so toxic.

One of the major reasons I still play Warframe and don't move to another game as well is the fact that unless you start all these newer multiplayer titles close to release and stick with them, you miss out heavily on large portions of items, gear, events, etc. because games now heavily focus on abusive player retention models to make you feel bad for not being there every waking day.

7 minutes ago, Voltage said:

to make you feel bad for not being there every waking day.

Nope.

You and players like you do that to themselves.

No one is holding a gun to your head.

Players personal brain chemistry and lack of personal self discipline and control make them feel this, not pixels and game code.

13 minutes ago, Voltage said:

DE's monetization hasn't been very clean lately (namely Prime Resurgence and the choice to have FOMO exclusive Supporter Packs on many major updates). I just really don't like these games that add FOMO grind but you need to pay to experience the FOMO. It's obnoxious. The rawest form of this was Diablo Immortal's Boon of Plenty which were paid login rewards with a streak "bonus" system. That is how Battle Passes feel, just in a more obfuscated way.

Paying for filler "task loops" like you see in so many other games is definitely something I don't want to see added to Warframe. It's especially horrendous when you get the "it's only cosmetics though!" crowd, as if cosmetics aren't valuable to have or collect. The allowance and acceptance of abusive business models from the majority of casual gamers is why the landscape is so toxic.

One of the major reasons I still play Warframe and don't move to another game as well is the fact that unless you start all these newer multiplayer titles close to release and stick with them, you miss out heavily on large portions of items, gear, events, etc. because games now heavily focus on abusive player retention models to make you feel bad for not being there every waking day.

100% agree

On 2023-02-12 at 11:08 AM, Zimzala said:

Nope.

Players personal brain chemistry and lack of personal self discipline and control make them feel this, not pixels and game code.

Ah yes, the expected moral high ground crowd coming in to tell you "Just don't care about completion in a completionist game guys! It's all your responsibility, none on developers." 

If it's all players fault, why are the pioneers of these practices in the industry hiring psychologists to their development and marketing teams? Hmm?

It's infuriating that people like you exist that gaslight consumers into removing all responsibility from developers and endorse this behavior. It's horrendous, plain and simple.

I'm sorry not everyone plays games like you with the mindset of only earning/playing a fraction of the game's total offerings.

You should watch this video:

This is 6 years old and still 100% relevant in most modern games, Warframe included.

I don't play games with battle passes not because I don't have self control, but because I don't see the point in playing a game when you can't have access to all the content unless you login with a calculated, predetermined schedule created by developers to punish your reward progress for wanting any sort of break from the cycle they impose on you. Even Nightwave, as forgiving as it is, has this issue. You take a small break from the game for a bit and it's possible you're still missing out on some weapon specific mods and cosmetics for years now with no idea when they would return, so you feel compelled even further to not "miss the next time these are around".

Games like (newer) Call of Duty titles, Apex Legends, Genshin Impact, and Tom Clancy's: Rainbow Six Siege are all interesting to me, but I don't even touch any them because I see no point in investing in a game that treats you like an employee.

I'm a consumer of entertainment, not your employee clocking in for a shift.

52 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Ah yes, the expected moral of high ground crowd coming in to tell you "Just don't care about completion in a completionist game guys! It's all your responsibility, none on developers." 

If it's all players fault, why are the pioneers of these practices in the industry hiring psychologists to their development and marketing teams? Hmm?

It's infuriating that people like you exist that gaslight consumers into removing all responsibility from developers and endorse this behavior. It's horrendous, plain and simple.

I'm sorry not everyone plays games like you with the mindset of only earning/playing a fraction of the game's total offerings.

This is 6 years old and still 100% relevant in most modern games, Warframe included.

I don't play games with battle passes not because I don't have self control, but because I don't see the point in playing a game when you can't have access to all the content unless you to login to a calculated, predetermined schedule created by developers to punish your reward progress for wanting any sort of break from the cycle they impose on you. Even Nightwave, as forgiving as it is, has this issue. You take a small break from the game for a bit and it's possible you're still missing out on some weapon specific mods and cosmetics for years now with no idea when they would return, so you feel compelled even further to not "miss the next time these are around".

Games like (newer) Call of Duty titles, Apex Legends, Genshin Impact, and Tom Clancy's: Rainbow Six Siege are all interesting to me, but I don't even touch any them because I see no point in investing in a game that treats you like an employee.

Nah, Warframe is different and you know it. 

First, all of the FOMO stunts are performed by players and content creators who declare one thing is better tier over the other. Meanwhile, DE has a system that allows any player several ways to obtain what they want, including by working together. 

Some of you have chosen to play a certain way and, as a consequence, decided to build your own versions of limitations, then accusing DE of having bad or suspect practices. It's worse when players actually ASKS for conditions that DE meets...only for players to suddenly call it out as if they are innocent victims.

I hate when you guys do this crap because you shine a negative like in the wrong direction, every single freaking time. Blame yourselves for not thinking through what the heck you actually want. You ain't gettin a walk in the park freebie. Yes, I know it isn't you that asked for it but you are among the few that takes those players' side on this issue, constantly attempting to apply a case of suspect business practices. Player responsibility must be taken into account, especially, ESPECIALLY when DE is trying to balance the free to play system between profit and bankruptcy.

This is an adult game with adults (should be) playing it, so let's not just dismiss the intelligence of the community as a whole. I know what this game offers and I know I can play 100% of it without spending a penny. You know that too. Therefore, allow DE to at least try earn more income and, if the community dislikes the new practice, we know how to all speak up. As of now, the only I question is why players are asking for things and then bashing it when they get it? Aight...rant over. Sorry.

4 hours ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

First, all of the FOMO stunts are performed by players and content creators who declare one thing is better tier over the other. Meanwhile, DE has a system that allows any player several ways to obtain what they want, including by working together. 

Some of you have chosen to play a certain way and, as a consequence, decided to build your own versions of limitations, then accusing DE of having bad or suspect practices. It's worse when players actually ASKS for conditions that DE meets...only for players to suddenly call it out as if they are innocent victims.

I hate when you guys do this crap because you shine a negative like in the wrong direction, every single freaking time. Blame yourselves for not thinking through what the heck you actually want. You ain't gettin a walk in the park freebie. Yes, I know it isn't you that asked for it but you are among the few that takes those players' side on this issue, constantly attempting to apply a case of suspect business practices. Player responsibility must be taken into account, especially, ESPECIALLY when DE is trying to balance the free to play system between profit and bankruptcy.

Warframe is not nearly as bad as most other games which is fantastic. I already said in my first comment here that Nightwave is relaxed which is good for players. I'm quoting someone who quoted me saying that having the perspective that a mechanic can be punishing towards the player is entirely the player's fault. I simply don't think that's true.

I also just want to remind you that this hasn't been available for 4 years:

EfficientBeamsMod.png

This is a very solid mod for the Convectrix and a staple for many Convectrix builds. This is not the only example of this FOMO-related issue.

All I am bringing up in most of these threads is that DE doesn't get a free pass from liability in this department. They've slipped in a few things here and there over time that amounts to a sizeable amount of these practices. Archon Shards, Prime Resurgence, Supporter Packs, and Nightwave in a few edge cases (not overall though).

I side with people and advocate for DE to allow the game to remain grindy, the game rewards long investments, but is always accessible for everyone. Heavily time-gated mission and reward structures (Archon Shards, Nightwave in some parts, Fissures, Bounties, Eidolons, etc.) are anti-player and a large reason why Alerts were removed in the first place. If Alerts were removed for Nightwave because of this, why have we gotten more of Alert-like time gating in our new content? That's on DE.

I make a large effort over the years to point out things that affect everyone (including those who don't care) to improve the overall experience for everyone and create better long-term sustainability. I also want to remind you that older players like myself have more years of precedence to list in regards to decisions as opposed to newer players who may not be aware of things DE has done in the past. For example, slotting Archon Shards mimics many of the issues presented with Arcane Distillers back in 2015.

On the topic of player responsibility, it is totally a factor, but the game at it's core is designed to be a collectathon with hoarding items, wealth, and power. People need to manage their time within their means, but you cannot blame many players who expect to have everything at some point.

4 hours ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

This is an adult game with adults (should be) playing it, so let's not just dismiss the intelligence of the community as a whole. I know what this game offers and I know I can play 100% of it without spending a penny. You know that too. Therefore, allow DE to at least try earn more income and, if the community dislikes the new practice, we know how to all speak up. As of now, the only I question is why players are asking for things and then bashing it when they get it? Aight...rant over. Sorry.

I'm calling out the behavior of allowing DE (and other developers in many other titles) to push the envelope in the first place. Prime Resurgence remains in the game and is accepted while employing a "just short" obfuscated premium currency system so that purchasing a package makes you just just short of a second purchase encouraging you to overspend while hiding how much you're spending because you are buying a non-refundable currency instead of just using a dollar amount.

You can play 100% of the game's missions and mechanics without spending a penny for sure, but you definitely cannot earn 100% of the game's progression if you choose not to spend your time and engage with the game on a regular and scheduled basis. That's the whole point of the stuff I am commented on here. It's not a direct relationship with emptying your wallet, it's the multiple layers of design choices over the years to make sure the game is either a habit, or you are missing out in some capacity. With Warframe it still exists, but it's dialed up more and more over the years. Back in 2014 it would just mean a one-off event cosmetic or badge. In 2023 though, this "one-off cosmetic" has now become an entire upgrade system (Archon Shards) or a layer of the most core upgrade system (some Nightwave weapon augment mods).

I can understand why you are frustrated because it appears people ask for something and the same people bash it. I think it's more you see different vocal crowds coming out for different decisions. People are also more driven towards negativity rather than positivity as well. I am more driven to write a long comment or engage in a hot topic when I have a problem with something. The way I show I appreciate something great going on (like Lua's Prey, an update I liked [besides the bugged Lua Thrax spawns on launch]) is just not being on the Forums about it and just enjoying the update.

The reason Warframe has this dynamic of heavy negativity on the Forums is because there are many long-lasting issues and mistakes that are either never addressed, doubled down on, or repeated, so they are always relevant and talked about frequently. Issues that are new are also not acted on that quickly, so they linger for a long time.

6 hours ago, Voltage said:

Ah yes, the expected moral high ground crowd coming in to tell you "Just don't care about completion in a completionist game guys! It's all your responsibility, none on developers." 

I don't play games with battle passes not because I don't have self control, but because I don't see the point in playing a game when you can't have access to all the content unless you to login to a calculated, predetermined schedule created by developers to punish your reward progress for wanting any sort of break from the cycle they impose on you. Even Nightwave, as forgiving as it is, has this issue. You take a small break from the game for a bit and it's possible you're still missing out on some weapon specific mods and cosmetics for years now with no idea when they would return, so you feel compelled even further to not "miss the next time these are around".

well said, you've summed up my problems with the "it's the gamer's fault" statement better than I could've ever done. I 100% agree with this take.

5 hours ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

warframe is a bit more lenient but otherwise similar with other games that employ fomo.

7 hours ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

Except its not.
Not really.

There have been a number of mods and other things introduced through nightwave that just haven't been available at all since then.  And some of the mods can make good weapons even better, or mediocre weapons quite useful.

Nightwave season 1 Introduced, 4 years ago: Wild Frenzy, Bursting Mass, and Napalm grenades.
Nightwave season 2 Introduced, 4 years ago: Efficient Beams, Exposing Harpoon, and Meticulous Aim
Nightwave Season 3, Introduced, 3 years ago: Deadly Maneuvers, Dizzying Rounds, Precision Strike
Noras Mix Volume 1, introduced 1 years ago: Ranged Advantage, And Combat Reload
Noras Mix Volume 2, introduced 1 years ago: Critical Precision, and Vile Discharge

And these are the mods from just nightwave that you simply can't get anymore....and with absolutely no indication when/if they'll ever be available to get in the future.

There are a number of other mods for frames and more general weapons that are also unavailable, and have been for years with absolutely no indication if/when other players will ever be able to get them, such as Mods from Baro that he just hasn't brought into rotation for a few years.  You want Primed Bane of Corrupted?  Oh well, just pray that Baro comes back with that mod at some point in the future....I mean he hasn't had it for 23 months on the PC, but better check in to see if he has it because there is absolutely no way to get it without checking Baro every single time he appears.  Or what about Primed Bane of Infested, which has only ever been on PC and hasn't been offered for over a year?

Or what about the Sacrifice mod?  That was last available 2 years ago for Operation Plague Star....and who knows when/if we'll have another one at any point.  Hek you can put any of the Plague Star rewards here, such as Fulmination.

And what about any of the Infested Zaw parts?  Better hope that plague star comes back or you might be able to grab them around Naberous if you sign in and have enough tokens to go around for it....and they are some of the better Zaw parts.

And I could really go on.
There is a ton of FOMO in warframe where you either play to DEs tune and never miss a single nightwave/baro appearance....or you just never get some interesting mods/zaw parts/whatever-else DE shoves into one-time events or nightwave seasons.

7 hours ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

Except this is demonstrably false, especially with the list above.

There is a large list of things that you simply can't get in this game anymore if you missed the one time it was available from Nightwave/Baro/One-Time-Event/Whatever-else.

Unless you have some magic way to get all those mods that were one off singleton rewards with no way to get duplicates, or ways to get some infested zaw parts that you aren't sharing with anyone else.

There is a considerable amount of stuff in this game that is simply unobtainable if you weren't in the right place at the right time and playing the game to DEs schedule.

And mind you, I've only talked about a small portion of the unobtainable FOMO stuff that actually affects gameplay.  If I tried to list all the cosmetics that are no longer available because you weren't playing the game at the right time we would be here for days.  And regardless of whether you consider cosmetics to be FOMO, they are a huge part of FOMO of a majority of games....and this game is no exception at all.

So don't try to act like DE is blameless or a saint when it comes to these things...they are guilty of the same FOMO stunts as other games and studios.
And arguably DE has a worse kind of FOMO compared to other games.  Sure in other games you might miss out on a skin or two if you don't do their battlepasses or whatever, but in Warframe?  You could miss out on things that affect mechanical gameplay.  Take for instance the Metamorphic Magazine, who knows when/if it'll ever be available once this current nightwave season ends....and it drastically affects the mechanics of the gorgon...and it's a limited time "Be here or miss out!" which is very much the definition of FOMO.

7 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

Except its not.
Not really.

There have been a number of mods and other things introduced through nightwave that just haven't been available at all since then.  And some of the mods can make good weapons even better, or mediocre weapons quite useful.

Nightwave season 1 Introduced, 4 years ago: Wild Frenzy, Bursting Mass, and Napalm grenades.
Nightwave season 2 Introduced, 4 years ago: Efficient Beams, Exposing Harpoon, and Meticulous Aim
Nightwave Season 3, Introduced, 3 years ago: Deadly Maneuvers, Dizzying Rounds, Precision Strike
Noras Mix Volume 1, introduced 1 years ago: Ranged Advantage, And Combat Reload
Noras Mix Volume 2, introduced 1 years ago: Critical Precision, and Vile Discharge

And these are the mods from just nightwave that you simply can't get anymore....and with absolutely no indication when/if they'll ever be available to get in the future.

There are a number of other mods for frames and more general weapons that are also unavailable, and have been for years with absolutely no indication if/when other players will ever be able to get them, such as Mods from Baro that he just hasn't brought into rotation for a few years.  You want Primed Bane of Corrupted?  Oh well, just pray that Baro comes back with that mod at some point in the future....I mean he hasn't had it for 23 months on the PC, but better check in to see if he has it because there is absolutely no way to get it without checking Baro every single time he appears.  Or what about Primed Bane of Infested, which has only ever been on PC and hasn't been offered for over a year?

Or what about the Sacrifice mod?  That was last available 2 years ago for Operation Plague Star....and who knows when/if we'll have another one at any point.  Hek you can put any of the Plague Star rewards here, such as Fulmination.

And what about any of the Infested Zaw parts?  Better hope that plague star comes back or you might be able to grab them around Naberous if you sign in and have enough tokens to go around for it....and they are some of the better Zaw parts.

And I could really go on.
There is a ton of FOMO in warframe where you either play to DEs tune and never miss a single nightwave/baro appearance....or you just never get some interesting mods/zaw parts/whatever-else DE shoves into one-time events or nightwave seasons.

Except this is demonstrably false, especially with the list above.

There is a large list of things that you simply can't get in this game anymore if you missed the one time it was available from Nightwave/Baro/One-Time-Event/Whatever-else.

Unless you have some magic way to get all those mods that were one off singleton rewards with no way to get duplicates, or ways to get some infested zaw parts that you aren't sharing with anyone else.

There is a considerable amount of stuff in this game that is simply unobtainable if you weren't in the right place at the right time and playing the game to DEs schedule.

And mind you, I've only talked about a small portion of the unobtainable FOMO stuff that actually affects gameplay.  If I tried to list all the cosmetics that are no longer available because you weren't playing the game at the right time we would be here for days.  And regardless of whether you consider cosmetics to be FOMO, they are a huge part of FOMO of a majority of games....and this game is no exception at all.

So don't try to act like DE is blameless or a saint when it comes to these things...they are guilty of the same FOMO stunts as other games and studios.
And arguably DE has a worse kind of FOMO compared to other games.  Sure in other games you might miss out on a skin or two if you don't do their battlepasses or whatever, but in Warframe?  You could miss out on things that affect mechanical gameplay.  Take for instance the Metamorphic Magazine, who knows when/if it'll ever be available once this current nightwave season ends....and it drastically affects the mechanics of the gorgon...and it's a limited time "Be here or miss out!" which is very much the definition of FOMO.

Gotta agree. Especially with the last part.

17 hours ago, Zimzala said:

Nope.

No, in this case Voltage is correct. It's not as simple as lack of self discipline. Some people just can't help it because of, for example, gambling addictions (or other mental health related issues). Video games monetization is often designed to exploit these vulnerabilities. If you are not influenced by this then congratulations, you are not the target, but you can't expect everyone else to be the same.

21 hours ago, Zimzala said:

Nope.

Why does it seem like you never really read what is written? He is practically saying that developers are exploiting that chemistry which is quite widespread among people in general. It doesnt matter that some of us dont care or simply resist those feelings, it is still a massive problem and a scummy appraoch by many devs.

I hope you also are aware that "brain chemistry" isnt an active choice? It is a condition and the reason why things like substance and similar addictions are classified as actual diseases and not just "mind ghosts". It effectively alters the physical makeup of your brain.

Or are you going to go and say cancer is just a choice aswell?

19 hours ago, Voltage said:

I'm calling out the behavior of allowing DE (and other developers in many other titles) to push the envelope in the first place. Prime Resurgence remains in the game and is accepted while employing a "just short" obfuscated premium currency system so that purchasing a package makes you just just short of a second purchase encouraging you to overspend while hiding how much you're spending because you are buying a non-refundable currency instead of just using a dollar amount.

Prime Resurgence is hard to compare though since it wasnt only done to allow DE to "short change" us on purchases. It is simply the bad that comes with the benefits that are also part of the same new system for unvaulting. The system was done overall so it could be automated without requiring patches, it was also done so they didnt need to add new shop pages for every unvault. Then the "short change" part of regal aya simply comes from them adding the option for us to buy selective things within the former bundles. Which ends up about giving and taking, which I think is nothing but fair. While not everyone will benefit from it those parts will still be potential player benefits none the less.

And with the way regal aya works in regards to how we obtain it and how much we get per $, it is likely the option they went with to pay for the reworked system. The changes they spent time and resources on needs to be payed in some way.

5 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

Gotta agree. Especially with the last part.

It's one of the biggest issues with Warframe.  Especially when it comes to recommending it to newer players.

After all, you have to explain to them that a large number of weapons simply can't be gotten now, hope that they return at some point!
And while you can argue that a lot of them are reskins, there are weapons like the Basmu or Zylok that are unique and you just have to hope that they become available again and that you're playing at the right time when they do.
And those aren't the only weapons locked behind the "Who knows if these will ever return!" BS.

If this was any other game DE would be raked over the coals for stuff like that, and rightfully so.  And while I like warframe and will support it, I don't think that DE should be allowed to escape criticism for the bad practices that they do have.  And how they handle exclusives, both mods and weapons, that have a tangible effect on gameplay is one of their bad practices.
Sure it drives up player counts for events and stuff because who knows what will be made available in those events and then never returned and forever beyond the reach of anyone who wasn't there, it's an objectively crappy thing to do to the general playerbase.

Personally I'm not against exlcusive cosmetics.  Sure they can suck and be annoying when you can't get them, but they are forgivable and you don't see them that much (if at all).  But I am against DEs practice of putting out mods and weapons that appear for one event, or appear once in Baro's stock, and then disappear for years with no indication of if they'll ever be able to be earned in the game again.

People saying that Warframe doesn't have FOMO are definitely smoking something....

3 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

People saying that Warframe doesn't have FOMO are definitely smoking something....

FOMO is really only an issue and bad practice when it gets monetized. Which isnt the case with WF, it just follows a MMO setup while not being an MMO, much like how games like D3, Dying Light and other non-MMOs have MMO live service aspects tied into them. Zylok and Basmu are no different than D3 running their annual tristram event or Dying Light having some limited timed thing with new items that then are gone. They come back around at set times. Zylok is a Baro item and Basmu is tied to halloween.

It is also odd to see a FOMO comment come from someone that obviously own Excal Prime... just saying.

16 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

FOMO is really only an issue and bad practice when it gets monetized. Which isnt the case with WF, it just follows a MMO setup while not being an MMO, much like how games like D3, Dying Light and other non-MMOs have MMO live service aspects tied into them. Zylok and Basmu are no different than D3 running their annual tristram event or Dying Light having some limited timed thing with new items that then are gone. They come back around at set times. Zylok is a Baro item and Basmu is tied to halloween.

It is also odd to see a FOMO comment come from someone that obviously own Excal Prime... just saying.

Here is the problem, because FOMO mods are tradeable they are monetized, by proxy of trade which undoubtable will take place with plat the majority of the time and plat is purchased with money... 

Archived