The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

March 2023 Riven Dispositions

[DE]Connor

Greetings Tenno!

Hildryn Prime muscles her way onto all platforms today, along with some new Riven disposition changes. These are our first changes of 2023, but feel free to review our previous changes from last December if you’re curious.

These Rivens adjustments have always meant to account for changes in the game itself, as well as changes in popular trends. With big changes planned for the upcoming year, consider familiarizing yourself with our guidelines for how these changes are determined.

Thanks everyone - let’s get started!

RIFLES

Spoiler

Aeolak: 1.1->1.15

Afentis: 0.8->0.85

Alternox: 1->1.05

Kuva Tonkor: 0.95->0.9

Nagantaka Prime: 1->1.05

Perigale: 0.5->0.7

Tenet Ferrox: 0.5->0.75

Tenet Flux Rifle: 1.05->1.1

Tenet Tetra: 1.15->1.2

SHOTGUNS

Spoiler

Phantasma Prime: 0.65->0.7

Steflos: 0.5->0.65

SECONDARY

Spoiler

Aegrit: 0.6->0.65

Afuris Prime: 0.5->0.7

Catabolyst: 1.15->1.2

Catchmoon (secondary): 0.55->0.6

Hystrix Prime: 0.85->0.9

Kuva Seer: 1->1.05

Magnus Prime: 1.2->1.25

Spira: 1.3->1.35
Spira Prime: 1.2->1.25

Tenet Plinx: 0.5->0.55

Tenet Spirex: 0.95->1

Zakti Prime: 1.05->1.1

MELEE

Spoiler

Balla: 0.85->0.8

Cerata: 1.3->1.25

Cobra & Crane Prime: 0.5->0.75

Corufell: 0.5->0.55

Ghoulsaw: 1.15->1.2

Hespar: 0.75->0.8

Innodem: 0.6->0.65

Korumm: 1.05->1.1

Ripkas: 1.38->1.3

Sarofang: 0.5->0.65

Slaytra: 0.7->0.8

Tatsu: 1->1.05
Tatsu Prime: 0.65->0.7

Tenet Exec: 0.75->0.8

Venato: 1.25->1.3

Vericres: 0.8->1

Volnus Prime: 1.2->1.25

ARCHGUNS

No changes

Because of the upcoming introduction of Incarnon Adapters and the massive uplifting of the power ceiling through Arcanes, can we please revisit Disposition? It's a poor way to balance Riven Mods, the largest time investment in the entire game, because of arbitrary multipliers already on a randomized stat system. Weapons that are powerful have innate properties that make them as such, and a Riven Mod has no influence over that weapon selection. Disposition has gone up and down for years now, Rivens turning 7 years old this year, and only once have they ever influenced the gear choices players make in their everyday or even specialized missions, that time being when melee range was percentage and whips were an outlier.

There's also many weapons players use like Praedos which have absolutely nothing to do with their damage output, but other baked in gimmicks. Rivens should not suffer from these cases. You guys nerfed Ripkas Disposition when people literally only use it as a stat stick. The same thing happened to Furax. C'mon guys.

This added maintenance is a waste of time for players and developers alike. Standardizing what a Riven Mod adds to a specific class of weapon makes them more predictable and feel "safer to own". I've personally had to dump hundreds of thousands worth of Riven Mods over the years to invest in "safer roll" options, because I am tired of these disposition changes and general balance decisions pushing players away from many stats and creating very strict environments to the "slottable" rolls. 0.50 Dispositions don't "balance" overpowered or overused weapons, they just make Riven Mods almost never worth slotting. That's not a respectful approach to the way players manage their time or inventory.

For players who do enjoy being invested in Rivens, this disposition system has made new gear dead on arrival to min-max for at best 90 days, but often half a year or more. How is a player supposed to get excited for a Prime like Afuris when Dex Furis has nearly 3 times the Disposition and Afuris Prime won't be comparable to that for months, if not years?

Catchmoon crawling up, while not holding a candle to Laetum. The dispositions don't adjust when the power spectrum changes at the top. the 1.5 ceiling doesn't make sense anymore for some obsolete gear.

On 2023-03-07 at 10:47 AM, [DE]Connor said:

ARCHGUNS

No changes

Gets new Sentinel weapon yet does not include them in the riven dispo update. 

I am seeing a trend in the melees. Heavy blade and the weapon classes with more clunky movements are getting riven dispo buffs. Can we perhaps have the stances of many melee weapon classes being looked at rather than trying to compensate their clunky movement with a minor riven dispo buff?

There are still some good melee changes being made here,  but when stuff like the Ghoulsaw and Tatsu (prime) are still needing buffs it shows that the melee stances need some work.

Otherwise, all seems good, some changes to some of the weapons I've used in the past that I have a riven for so eager to test them out again.

On 3/7/2023 at 10:47 AM, [DE]Connor said:

Ripkas: 1.38->1.3

Oh good, I was getting real tired of seeing ripkas in every squad.  :P

23 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Because of the upcoming introduction of Incarnon Adapters and the massive uplifting of the power ceiling through Arcanes, can we please revisit Disposition?

Yeah, very curious how they're going to be handling this. It will really highlight the issues with the system again.

I wonder if they can give weapons with an Incarnon Adapter installed a distinct dispo or dispo modifier.  If it's feasible, that's the best band-aid I can think of.  Although it would cause a lot of confusion.  And there would be some very, very disappointed people if the base dispo is 0.50.

1 minute ago, Enxchiol said:

Why is Balla getting nerfed for the second time in a row? I am genuinely confused, is it some hidden powerhouse? 

Hidden gem best melee in regards to normal combo play, heavy attacks, and for contagion ridiculousness solely due to riven capabilities. 

A lot of people use it, I'm not included in that list, so it is expected.

8 hours ago, Halo said:

Hidden gem best melee in regards to normal combo play, heavy attacks, and for contagion ridiculousness solely due to riven capabilities. 

A lot of people use it, I'm not included in that list, so it is expected.

For exodia contagion, kronsh and rabvee are stronger, i am glad they weren't touched.

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

Because of the upcoming introduction of Incarnon Adapters and the massive uplifting of the power ceiling through Arcanes, can we please revisit Disposition? It's a poor way to balance Riven Mods, the largest time investment in the entire game, because of arbitrary multipliers already on a randomized stat system. Weapons that are powerful have innate properties that make them as such, and a Riven Mod has no influence over that weapon selection. Disposition has gone up and down for years now, Rivens turning 7 years old this year, and only once have they ever influenced the gear choices players make in their everyday or even specialized missions, that time being when melee range was percentage and whips were an outlier.

There's also many weapons players use like Praedos which have absolutely nothing to do with their damage output, but other baked in gimmicks. Rivens should not suffer from these cases. You guys nerfed Rikpas Disposition when people literally only use it as a stat stick. The same thing happened to Furax. C'mon guys.

This added maintenance is a waste of time for players and developers alike. Standardizing what a Riven Mod adds to a specific class of weapon makes them more predictable and feel "safer to own". I've personally had to dump hundreds of thousands worth of Riven Mods over the years to invest in "safer roll" options, because I am tired of these disposition changes and general balance decisions pushing players away from many stats and creating very strict environments to the "slottable" rolls. 0.50 Dispositions don't "balance" overpowered or overused weapons, they just make Riven Mods almost never worth slotting. That's not a respectful approach to the way players manage their time or inventory.

For players who do enjoy being invested in Rivens, this disposition system has made new gear dead on arrival to min-max for at best 90 days, but often half a year or more. How is a player supposed to get excited for a Prime like Afuris when Dex Furis has nearly 3 times the Disposition and Afuris Prime won't be comparable to that for months, if not years?

Well put glad someone has mentioned this it's going to be very interesting to see what happens in April can't imagine it will go well at all at first if at all 

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

There's also many weapons players use like Praedos which have absolutely nothing to do with their damage output, but other baked in gimmicks. Rivens should not suffer from these cases. You guys nerfed Rikpas Disposition when people literally only use it as a stat stick. The same thing happened to Furax. C'mon guys.

They don't work as intended, either.  As a rule, when I get a riven for an off-meta weapon, I slap a bunch of forma on the weapon, roll the riven to be better than any single mod I could slot in past the "required" type mods, and then test it out.  I then take the same weapon after building it out, take the riven off and try it again.  On a weapon that can already hit 100% crit or status or already has really high base daamge, adding a riven that has stats to enhance that in some way, or shores up any weaknesses is a massive boon.  On a weapon that barely gets to 50% Crit or Status with modding, even adding an insanely well-rolled riven doesn't change it much, in terms of TTK.  Rivens only serve to make strong weapons stronger.  They barely help bad weapons out at all, specifically because they're % based.  200% on 5% base stats isn't even as much as 50% on 30% base stats, and while that's simple math, it highlights why rivens will never work as intended.  They know this, and you brought up how they know it with range mods.  Flat stat additions help out with range far more than % increases do.  That's why they changed those mods.  

I think they either need to admit they have no idea what they're doing with rivens, or admit that they were never supposed to provide balance, and they get moved around like they do as a way to move plat around.  Because if it's neither of those things, then the entire system needs a rework.

1 hour ago, XHADgaming said:

I am seeing a trend in the melees. Heavy blade and the weapon classes with more clunky movements are getting riven dispo buffs. Can we perhaps have the stances of many melee weapon classes being looked at rather than trying to compensate their clunky movement with a minor riven dispo buff?

With slow movement and zero forced slash procs, Heavy weapons have been in the toilet since the melee stance changes.  I don't think enough people realize how much stances matter in terms of damage.  Kronen Prime is only as strong as it is because Sovereign Outcast is extremely powerful.  Likewise, old powerhouses like Gram Prime are practically MR fodder.  I have a scythe zaw that I use as a contagion zaw, and because of the slowdown in animations and changes to stances, heaven forbid I actually use the quick attack.  I have time to let out several expletives and roll my eyes before the first attack finishes.  It was always slow-ish, but it's comically slow now.

DE stop with this foxhunting, all are aware just how useless an arbitrary multiplier is to fundamentally flawed weapons. Rivens were a band aid to prop up these weapons in exchange for a deeper investment. Incarnon Adapters are now a band aid to the band aid because the Magister could have a 3.0 disposition but hammers always going to be terrible unless they get some kind of functionality changes.

You have the 5 dots to represent disposition in game, why not allow something like bonus different passives at each level? Stuff like Forced procs, x% enemy health as an aoe, since Incarnons literally follow this already, doesnt it seem a bit of a wasted opportunity for weapons like Alternox or Volnus to finally get meaningful changes without needing to wait for the game to finally allow them to do something. 

How ironic it is to see Archguns without any changes, still with all their system level drawbacks too. Please rethink rivens. 

That's way too close for comfort. My Cerata Riven now has 30.1 Initial Combo and probably will go down again in 90 days 😅. It's weird seeing Ripkas riven getting nerfed a bit. Almost nobody uses it outside of Endo farm where you can just have someone with Eclipse or Roar whichever is available(preferably khora-roar or 1 of the nekros-eclipse so as long as the other nek has quiver)  and kill anything with 1 heavy attack. But it really just saves like 10seconds average. It's a weird strat but it works but you can use Ignis modded for corrosive and blast to remove heat and a bunch of fire rate, mag and ammo max to chop up bodies too as long as your melee is Ripkas with just the Amalgam mod if you are uninvested in it and as long as your other squad members are killing fast enough. There's a superstition that equipping guns affects drop tables, that's a hoax and a load of crap. lmao
Also, where's our boy Samodeus giving compensation during Riven disposition updates? 😮 Come on now, my balla, cerata, tonkor and ripkas rivens got nerfed you know. 😜

Please revisit the function of disposition. It is terribly outdated, and even weapons with the highest dispositions see minimal/no regular use outside of meme/joke/minmax builds. The power curve from top riven-using weapons and just the base Incarnon weapons is absurd and speaks to the discrepancy in powercreep that rivens began and can no longer keep up with. 

(Although, Rivens should just be ousted from the game altogether but that'll never happen being they are currently the only thing holding the player economy up anymore :) )

12 hours ago, Voltage said:

Por causa da próxima introdução dos Adaptadores Incarnon e da elevação massiva do teto de poder através dos Arcanos, podemos revisitar a Disposição? É uma maneira ruim de equilibrar Riven Mods, o maior investimento de tempo em todo o jogo, por causa dos multiplicadores arbitrários já em um sistema de estatísticas aleatório. As armas poderosas têm propriedades inatas que as tornam assim, e um Riven Mod não tem influência sobre a seleção dessa arma. A disposição tem subido e descido há anos, Rivens completando 7 anos este ano, e apenas uma vez eles influenciaram as escolhas de equipamentos que os jogadores fazem em suas missões diárias ou mesmo especializadas, naquela época em que o alcance corpo a corpo era uma porcentagem e os chicotes eram uma ponto fora da curva.

Há também muitas armas que os jogadores usam, como Praedos, que não têm absolutamente nada a ver com sua produção de dano, mas outras com truques. Rivens não deveria sofrer com esses casos. Vocês nerfaram a Disposição de Rikpas quando as pessoas literalmente só a usam como um bastão de estatísticas. A mesma coisa aconteceu com Furax. Vamos pessoal.

Essa manutenção adicional é uma perda de tempo para jogadores e desenvolvedores. Padronizar o que um Riven Mod adiciona a uma classe específica de arma os torna mais previsíveis e parecem "mais seguros de possuir". Pessoalmente, tive que despejar centenas de milhares de Riven Mods ao longo dos anos para investir em opções de "rolagem mais segura", porque estou cansado dessas mudanças de disposição e decisões gerais de equilíbrio afastando os jogadores de muitas estatísticas e criando ambientes muito rígidos para os rolos "encaixáveis". 0,50 Disposições não "equilibram" armas sobrecarregadas ou sobrecarregadas, elas apenas fazem Riven Mods quase nunca valer a pena encaixar. Essa não é uma abordagem respeitosa à maneira como os jogadores gerenciam seu tempo ou inventário.

Para os jogadores que gostam de investir em Rivens, esse sistema de disposição fez com que o novo equipamento chegasse ao mínimo por no máximo 90 dias, mas geralmente meio ano ou mais. Como um jogador pode ficar animado com um Prime como Afuris quando Dex Furis tem quase 3 vezes a Disposição e Afuris Prime não será comparável a isso por meses, senão anos?

up

I hope they remove the riven disposition and allow all of them to be maxed out. This is a simi endgame thing that people spend so much time, energy, and resources trying to get the right roll on a riven. It's unfortunate when they've worked hard to get a great roll on a riven only to slightly buff the damage, this makes rivens lose their worth in grinding them out. I would love to get into riven grinding, but only if there was some way to incentivise the time and effort that I'd be putting into it. DE, please let this be a way to reward players for achieving a great roll on a riven no matter the kind of weapon it is.

Archived