The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ok fellas how y'all feeling about the incarnon adapters

Skoomaseller

I’m sitting on four unused ones right now. The resource costs are prohibitive, and I’ve been prioritizing other things. 

I’ll probably get around to applying them eventually, but right now I’m getting a bigger power boost for the content I’m actually playing (SP Circuit) by rebuilding trash that I’ve already sold. Alas. 

3 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

DE first nerfs AoE ammo into the ground, then creates new AoE weapons with infinite ammo?? How does that make sense?

Because unlike those AoE weapons incarnon weapons don't go at 100% all the time.

You have to aim, get headshots, activate incarnon mode, and then it'll run out and you'll have to start over.

Further the AoE ranges are unmoddable for the most part.
Take the Strun.  It has a 4 meter AoE in incarnon form...that can never get bigger than 4 meters.
And compare that to the Bramma with its 7.3 meter AoE at base that you can put prime firestorm on.

Incarnon modes are much better balanced than the AoE weapons since they actually have some downtime and you can't do stupid things to their ranges or anything else to make them 1-click tile clears....at least not without more setup (Such as grouping abilities from frames).

I got kunai first week and furis second week. Both are fun to use. I only do one a week.

2 minutes ago, CrownOfShadows said:

The incarnons are legit the best thing to come out of Duviri.

We actually got love for these garbage weapons. Didn't think I'd ever see the day.

Yeah it is nice to go back and see these old weapons be useable again.

19 minutes ago, CrownOfShadows said:

We actually got love for these garbage weapons. Didn't think I'd ever see the day.

i live in a timeline where i can say "oh yeah the kunai and the furis are good for steel path". 

real talk tho, wish some of them got more ammo. Not the ones like the strun or the latron but ones like the lato and kunai, where you still need to aim just a bit

20 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

I... think they'll be good for archons, but lack of Evo V devouring/devastating attrition means they probably fall behind just a liiiiittle bit. 

they'll still be insane though 

This is the only downfall of the Strun Incarnon...it's not an Archon killer...but for regular/steel path clearing content...with the slash proc build the Incarnon form shreds through enemies like butter, so thankfully it means it's not the best at everything, it's just really damn good, Brozine even put it on par with the Kuva Zarr for group clear.

Bo feels a bit... underwhelming. I might just stick to getting the gun Incarnons from now on, until I finish them, then work on melee. Unless I hear from others if something was great. Going to be interesting to see a tier list of all the Incarnons when they are done. Plus it is funny, because unless you collaborate with people who have a similar play style and views on what makes a weapon great, will take quite a while before any single person has all the new Incarnon. 

5 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Bo feels a bit... underwhelming. I might just stick to getting the gun Incarnons from now on, until I finish them, then work on melee. Unless I hear from others if something was great. Going to be interesting to see a tier list of all the Incarnons when they are done. Plus it is funny, because unless you collaborate with people who have a similar play style and views on what makes a weapon great, will take quite a while before any single person has all the new Incarnon. 

unfortunately so far all of the melee incarnons have been lackluster...which follows the trend of the normal melee incarnons from the Zariman also being rather lackluster. So yeah, wise choice on waiting to see what people think before going after the melee ones.

7 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

Because unlike those AoE weapons incarnon weapons don't go at 100% all the time.

You have to aim, get headshots, activate incarnon mode, and then it'll run out and you'll have to start over.

Further the AoE ranges are unmoddable for the most part.
Take the Strun.  It has a 4 meter AoE in incarnon form...that can never get bigger than 4 meters.
And compare that to the Bramma with its 7.3 meter AoE at base that you can put prime firestorm on.

Incarnon modes are much better balanced than the AoE weapons since they actually have some downtime and you can't do stupid things to their ranges or anything else to make them 1-click tile clears....at least not without more setup (Such as grouping abilities from frames).

It's extremely easy to get charges for incarnon mod so I don't think thats a factor here. Latron incarnon is affected by primed firestorm not sure on others.

56 minutes ago, Dr_Mechano said:

unfortunately so far all of the melee incarnons have been lackluster...which follows the trend of the normal melee incarnons from the Zariman also being rather lackluster. So yeah, wise choice on waiting to see what people think before going after the melee ones.

Yeah seems that way. Hopefully we will get a few unusual forms for them. I tend to prefer guns a bit anyway, but I know a lot of melee preferred players may feel a bit disappointed. Maybe the Sibear will do something crazy with ice. 

At least they will be good options to pick if they appear in the SP Circuit too. 

The Kunai Incarnons are genuinely super fun, and there's a loop where if you time it well enough you can get a full incarnon charge when you toss the last volley.

It's so much fun especially when you have Frames dedicated for head shots. Harrows Everlasting Covenant just lasted on its own indefinitely.

On 2023-05-03 at 4:19 PM, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Yeah seems that way. Hopefully we will get a few unusual forms for them. I tend to prefer guns a bit anyway, but I know a lot of melee preferred players may feel a bit disappointed. Maybe the Sibear will do something crazy with ice. 

At least they will be good options to pick if they appear in the SP Circuit too. 

The leaked Sibear stuff prior to release had a final evolution where killing enemies that had x stacks of cold gave y shield regen for z seconds. Which is potentially okay? Entirely depends on the numbers tho. 

9 minutes ago, ShogunGunshow said:

The leaked Sibear stuff prior to release had a final evolution where killing enemies that had x stacks of cold gave y shield regen for z seconds. Which is potentially okay? Entirely depends on the numbers tho. 

Yeah that could be great, thank for you for the info.

I am mostly interested in what its Incarnon mode may be. Like if it has a transformation or not. My only point of reference is the Bo Incarnon but it doesn't really do much in its evolved form. So I am not sure of melees will get a more substantial transformation state. So that week I will probably just go Despair and Dread (iI think they are in the same pool). 

Well, I have the Skana incarnon instead of the Bo, and it also doesn't do much when transformed. Not like the Latron becoming a red crit AoE cannon or the Furis becoming a warframe Klamora amp.

Seems like unless there's a very specific evolution that does something neat, you're wasting a pick if you pick the melees. The guns so far have been infinitely more compelling.

On 2023-05-03 at 1:01 PM, CrownOfShadows said:

You don't know how loud I screamed when I saw the Strun line getting an incarn. I went four days straight grinding and I can now sit on this big, beautiful void shotgun for years to come. I LOVE this sort of update to the powercrept/less used/unpopular/gimmicky weapons

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Mineslayer2010 said:

At least melee isn't as dominant anymore

Yeah, remember how we went from melees dealing crazy damage (which was fine because they are melees and lock you into immobile animations), to AoE guns dealing 4 times the damage in 3 times the radius and at infinite range? How the game went from perfectly fine to "Oh my god everybody is just spamming the Bramma in every mission I can't see anything and everything dies instantly!"

What incredible improvement /s

13 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Yeah, remember how we went from melees dealing crazy damage (which was fine because they are melees and lock you into immobile animations), to AoE guns dealing 4 times the damage in 3 times the radius and at infinite range? How the game went from perfectly fine to "Oh my god everybody is just spamming the Bramma in every mission I can't see anything and everything dies instantly!"

What incredible improvement /s

OR we can go to the true ending and DE nerfs everything to the ground. 

Archived