Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Hotfixing paused until The Seven Crimes of Kullervo Update

[DE]Momaw

please make an exception to fix the Incarnon Sibear LITERALLY NOT DOING WHAT THE DESCRIPTION SAYS. The weapon claims "slam attacks create an ice field" which is not the case. I have tested normal slams, heavy slams and even slams from combos, all with no combo, 2x combo and fully combo. No ice fields to be seen. How does something like this slip through your testing procedures? Do you even have testing procedures? Regardless. I've been effectively scammed and I expect a swift hotfix, not this "no more hotfixes until Kulervo" bs.

• Like 2

Do everyone a favor Digital Extremes and when you drop this update, put your plans for the next update after that on pause and actually look at the miserable mess of content this last update (and soon to be new update again) is. Its not even the usual slew of complaints about X is overtuned, this is outright ridiculous. 

Boosters (that are PAID FOR content in 90% of cases) are non-function for most of the content, and bugged for the rest. Content is absurdly expensive, either through time or platinum investment, barely any of it ACTUALLY feeds back into the standard Warframe loop (which is, oh I don't know 95% of the game?), and the story/lore isn't even there to make it worth the time. How hard would it be to actually put out content that is either worth the time investment or takes half the time if it isn't?

None of you ACTUALLY play the game through to the end and that disconnect only becomes more clear as you continue to ignore massive bugs, issues, and thing that people have complained about for years now, nonetheless the issues that pop up with a major release like Duviri. All I'm saying is if it was a bug where people were getting too much free stuff, like boosters, platinum, resources, etc, it would be patched day 1 no questions, but when we the players are on the losing end, it takes months and months at a time. 

Guess I'm not surprised, who would've guessed selling off to Tencent would make Warframe all flash, all show, no bite. 

• Like 12

18 hours ago, German said:

So is this how things will be going forward? Tons of bugs left in duviri, dread incarnon crashing the game and you're putting hotfixes on hold?

Did too many devs move to soulframe or what?

well I think both the good ones did .. the other was an intern ..

On 2023-05-29 at 9:46 PM, [DE]Momaw said:

Thank you for your patience as we focus on building the next chapter.

Might want to rewrite the whole book using spell checker before you move on to another chapter written in crayon

• Like 6

something tells me this decision isn't going to be a popular one lol.. 14 hotfixes in and there are still issues (it's definitley much better than it was at launch,), mainly ones to do with the new Incarnons (Soma + Zylok being bugged, Dread crashing the game etc.).

DE, I know i'm just one of a billion goons using the internet, so my opinion isn't worth much, but I really, really think that after Kullervo it may be time to put away the dev tools for a short time and bring out the repair toolkit, even just one month without content, just focusing on fixes would NOT kill the game and it would pay off in the long term. 

• Like 8

On 2023-05-29 at 4:23 PM, Krilexis said:

They're pausing hotfixes likely because they sent the build to cert already.

That's the technical reason, nothing objectionable about that. Can't push hotfixes while a build is being certified.

On 2023-05-29 at 4:19 PM, Ember_4657 said:

Ah, so you care more about new content than actual game functionality.

Noted.  Honestly disappointed, but I don't know why I'm suprised.

This is the crux of the displeasure. We know there's a pressure to push new content to sell more premium currency, but you have to take a 'bugs before features' stand or it's never going to get better. 14 hotfixes isn't a prize, it's a seriously buggy release, and now you want to take a pause for another content focused cert build? Cert build for serious bug fixing would be one thing, but cert build to push more new buggy content on top of buggy content is objectionable.

Edited by (PSN)chabala
  • Like 3

Funny part is... a SIMPLE test/beta server with a couple hundreds of players could easily had found most of the bugs withing hours/days, giving DE time to fix them.

But DE still refuses to have said server, i don't know why, fear of leaks? Are leaks more important than a FUNCTIONAL content at launch?

I don't hate Crossplay, but man it is been a MESS since it started. At the past PC players used to be the "beta testers", bug fixes would actually be fast because DE could laser focus on fixing JUST the pc first then translate that to consoles, , yeah it sucked that console players had to wait LONGER to get the updates, but at least they got it "bug free".

Now? Now we all have to wait, cuz DE can't just fix the problems at one end and be done, now we have to wait build to get certified, if one platform takes their sweet time to green light a build while the other two platforms  already did, guess what? Sit there at the corner and wait with the PC players, if DE can fix all the problems in all platforms BUT one, guess what? No one will get the update.

And this is just the start, they still wanna go for mobiles.

• Like 9

I'm already at the point of acceptance, do whatever you guys like, just remember that soulframe is on its way...ramping up this kind of work culture will only hurt any interest from tennos.

anyway, please hear my humble request,

So when the kullervo update drop.....which means more bugs, and the first hotfix is incoming, can the red text do the xzibit thingy? hotfix in a hotfix? it will be dope guys.

On 2023-05-30 at 1:53 PM, Circle_of_Psi said:

Yup, always had been this way, you'll get used to it  

Can't remember pausing hotfixes for next update being a thing in the past few years & pausing hotfixes will just add to the pile of bugs they need to work on later. It will just add to their work pressure.

• Like 8

Me, like many others, completely don't understand what is going on, it seems like they really want to push another update out, as soon as possible, instead of actually fixing stuff that needs to be fixed and polish things according to the feedback.

So much about Duviri could be and can be better, but that would be too nice, wouldn't it. Everything half-baked.

• Like 2

To me this makes it seem like the next update is more imminent than not. Also I could swear I heard Reb say something like "17 pages" of fixes when talking about the patch notes for this update. If that's right, it makes a lot of sense that they'd wait until 7 Crimes hits before doing more fixes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (NSW)Juraash said:

To me this makes it seem like the next update is more imminent than not. Also I could swear I heard Reb say something like "17 pages" of fixes when talking about the patch notes for this update. If that's right, it makes a lot of sense that they'd wait until 7 Crimes hits before doing more fixes.

"17 pages of fixes" used to be impressive when an update was coming out of the blue. "17 pages of fixes" after a major update that is ridden with bugs is hardly an achievement.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Voltage said:

"17 pages of fixes" used to be impressive when an update was coming out of the blue. "17 pages of fixes" after a major update that is ridden with bugs is hardly an achievement.

haha very true although thinking of it a different way, "17 pages of fixes" after a major update that is ridden with bugs is an achievement for DE atm..but its the bugs on bugs on bugs covered with bandaids thats a worry.. nothing seems to be getting fixed for many many months after any releases...

Edited by -AncientWarrior-
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Voltage said:

My point was that maybe we don't froth or get out the pitchforks just yet. If they dropped Kullervo next week with 17 pages worth of fixes, I'd take that over 5 changes in a hotfix on a random Thursday.

On 2023-05-29 at 4:46 PM, [DE]Momaw said:

Greetings Tenno!

You may have already heard about Warfarme’s next update, titled The 7 Crimes of Kullervo. More details about exactly what this update includes are available in Devstream #171. If you missed the live broadcast you can check the video or review the Devstream Overview to know what to expect!

In order to fully concentrate on The 7 Crimes, we will be holding off on releasing additional hotfixes between now and when the update is ready. Day to day operations will continue as normal, and we will be continuing to collect feedback and bug reports.

While you’re waiting, some other things to keep an eye on:

• Scheduled live streams like Prime Time and Warframe International will continue as planned
  • Warframe has partnered with Covenant House for a charitable fundraising campaign. Please consider reading about The Mission at https://wrfr.me/chmm23
  • Tennocon 2023 is scheduled for August 26th!  All physical tickets are sold out, but if you’re interested in some excellent offers from the Digital Pack, you can learn more at https://www.warframe.com/tennocon

Thank you for your patience as we focus on building the next chapter.

So before we're sure the base that The 7 Crimes is building off of, while we wait with no date, we're not going to fix anything more? Literally just had a Void Flood into Exterminate in the Circuit bug and force me to forfeit rewards, again.

Just sad.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, (NSW)Juraash said:

My point was that maybe we don't froth or get out the pitchforks just yet. If they dropped Kullervo next week with 17 pages worth of fixes, I'd take that over 5 changes in a hotfix on a random Thursday.

DE gives dates when an update is less than 2 weeks out. The only time they really "surprised" players was with Empyrean launching during the Game Awards.

On 2023-05-31 at 11:27 AM, (PSN)OmegaSlayer said:

fraudulent advertisment/Which is an offence

The "Beta" tag they have on the game prevents stuff like this, as far I recall, but good luck either way.

21 hours ago, -FrutyX- said:

It seems like they really want to push another update out, as soon as possible

Gotta get money and numbers somehow, when new games come out, or new content for other games, it pushes their game out of the charts and such, that's all they care about.

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 1

So, to put things shortly:
A bug affecting a PAID feature of the game, the Resource Booster, has been in the game for 1,5 months.
Not only did a fix for this issue miss the cross-platform cert deadline, which was four weeks after the update launched, but it's going to remain in the game for however long this pause is.  

Not only that, but there has been 0 communication about reimbursements or an extra double resource weekend.

And that's to not even mention how many of the Incarnon stat boosts and mechanics are broken or incorrectly described at the moment.

I love this game, and I appreciate all the hard work that goes into it. Duviri has been an amazing update with a lot of stellar content. But things like this really do leave a sour taste in the mouths of those who play the new content on release.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

The "Beta" tag they have on the game prevents stuff like this, as far I recall, but good luck either way.

Gotta get money and numbers somehow, when new games come out, or new content for other games, it pushes their game out of the charts and such, that's all they care about.

Factually inaccurate they can have a class action suit agenst them for false advertising unless they were to compensate for the money loss though the hard part is proving what plt was bought or traded for at some point all of it was but only plt each person going after them would apply but punishment for lieing and pushing out broken content would be something rather than nothing

16 hours ago, (NSW)Juraash said:

Your missing the point even if it dropped tmm (at time of post) it doesn't negate the fact they dropped duviri in a broken state knowingly so and will continue to do this if the knights come to des aid and defend this scummy practice that ALL gaming companies are following that combined with fact that next drop will be bugged if not worse than duviri paradox has meany on edge that they choose tencents cash over players mentality and just keep shoveling in more bugs than REAL fixes not text issues or missing , for dmg but things that are  crashing or braking it to a point of non playability 

On 2023-05-31 at 5:42 PM, (NSW)Juraash said:

17 pages of fixs mean nothing if they focus on trash as a fix like text or fx or coma for dmg all these can wait till game brakes or crashes are fixed with those not fixed you can't even play 90% of the time with out either losing all progress or having to hard reset to "play"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PSN)TEAINSHENNON said:

Factually inaccurate they can have a class action suit agenst them for false advertising unless they were to compensate for the money loss though the hard part is proving what plt was bought or traded for at some point all of it was but only plt each person going after them would apply but punishment for lieing and pushing out broken content would be something rather than nothing

Oh, I'm not saying you are wrong

Just saying, Good luck in doing that

• Like 1