Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is no one talking about Khora?

Learicorn

I believe most warframe cc annoy other players is a punishment from Nidus for shooting his Larva before he cast Virulence 😆

OTOH It will be great if we can add damage to Khora dome if we shoot the net

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PSN)v-DEVILSOWN-v said:

Just not come across many good players who know how to play khora. anything caught in her 4 should be killed by khora and her whipclaw it's quickest way to kill them without messing about 

Not with an unmodded melee or DE build in the circuit.  Sorry I don't own Dual heat swords..

She's been talked about plenty. She's just years old now. You know, people used to talk about banshee allot. But eventually the talk moves on. You won't see new players running around with bashee or nyx prime, that's for sure. They wouldn't know how to build for them anyway. No offense noobies, you're doing great!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, (PSN)v-DEVILSOWN-v said:

Exactly what I'm saying what good  khora player runs  with unmodded melee. and as for circuit only defence mission I can see her being troublesome 

I often get like tonbo and useless melee like that for circuit.  I still take her for circuit and kill with amp.  Usually you won't need the net unless you stay a while.

I can sympathise with the frustration some may feel. I have experienced a little bit of this first hand. With Khora, Frost, Limbo, Vauban. Mag a few times. 

That being said, overall, its never been a big issue that I have experienced. Like maybe I have been fortunate, but the amount of times I have been inconvenienced by a player with a specific Warframe, has been quite rare. Also personally? I don't really... well contextually I like to distinguish between potential player issues and Warframe issues. It is true, that some Warframe kits may predispose them towards having more issues than others, but eh... I've played with way more players who used the Warframes well and with great team synergy and even adapted to the situation well if there was a need for a change up in play style. 

So in that sense, I tend to think of the Warframes themselves and players more independently and neutrally and vice versa. Ot even more positively, like the average or good players of the characters versus the "worst" and even then, if the player is really new to the Warframe or trying them out for the first time or honestly doesn't know better, not the biggest deal to me. 

I don’t see anyone complaining about Khora or Vauban in SP because the enemies they catch aren’t shooting at you and there are plenty of them elsewhere. Just don’t hang around her, easy to do. I also find it very easy to shoot them when they are dangling. Like some said, in certain tilesets where they get stuck, it can be annoying (especially Hydron) but Khora is a great frame regardless.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

This used to really bug me before the line of sight nerf on whipclaw. Back in the day, it was easy to clear the dome. Now, the line of set check on whipclaw makes it unreliable.  When I play Khora, which is rarely now, I try to be polite and purge the dome. But it’s not as easy as it used to be, and just feels like a gamble.  So as much as it’s annoying to see enemies just dangling there, I can understand why the Khora might not be clearing them as quickly as I would like. 

I wish DE would revert the line of sight nerf on Khora and give her a rework while they’re at it.  She’s spammier than Mesa and uses a statstick. Gross. 

khora los should be ok now I think. ember los on the other hand...

Edited by Skoomaseller

not rly an issue bc most khoras i run into (myself included) dont run ridiculous range. so i can still pick off enemies not caught in her dome.

even if they do, most run pilfering strangledome so it's a plus for me.

but i can empathize w/ your predicament, it does get annoying sometimes especially on maps w/ cramped space. those bodies ragdolling around... ugh. same for vaubans who run max range bastille, and, while not really relevant as of late, tentacle swarm from hydroid.

im just glad most of the time I don't really run into this problem. but I think DE could make it so they don't just swing wildly all the time. not everyone runs aoe weapons to deal with that...

• Like 1

Kora annoying players are not the worst ones. 

Limbo remains on the first place but there are other offenders out there such as those trolling Loki's that switch places with one of the abilities. I did my trolling with him. 

Frost bubbles are always a hassle if the player is a beginner. 

I think Limbo, Frost and Loki are more annoying than Khora. These trio has trolling abilities to other players. 

Edited by Felsagger

I personally don't like khora either , 

I don't like any frames that have an afk encouraging, non engaging playstyle for that matter.

I also hate stat sticks as a concept ,

But i understand others may enjoy that. And as long as the khora is pulling her weight and is engaging with the mission i can tolerate my dislike.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I personally don't like khora either , 

I don't like any frames that have an afk encouraging, non engaging playstyle for that matter.

I also hate stat sticks as a concept ,

But i understand others may enjoy that. And as long as the khora is pulling her weight and is engaging with the mission i can tolerate my dislike.

Nubs, scrubs, casuals and posers are an annoyance in every game. In this game you can distinguish them easily. 

7 hours ago, Learicorn said:

When we talk about annoying frames to play with everyone is quick to jump on Limbo, but somehow Khora flies under the radar?

There is nothing I despise more than a warframe taking enemies - who were perfectly fine and ready to be shot, from the ground and sending them into RNG ragdolls at mach speeds that are nearly impossible to track unless you're using AOE. With, by the way, an ability that takes half a decade to kill such enemies unless Khora herself, the only one able to hit them consistently, spams her 1.

What an obnoxious, anti teamwork, selfish character. She forces you to either struggle and kill the hanging enemies one by one (they are no longer grouped up, yay! Thanks Khora!) or just sit around and watch her kill everything. I see a Khora in my team I just leave immediately.

And before someone talks about extra loot, I already have everything I want in this game. I don't give a damn about loot, I just wanna shoot people in the face and have fun, and Khora RUINS that.

Playing solo or with friends always an option. I rather have a good CC in my team than a salty edgy player.

• Like 3

Another point that a fair amount of people don't seem to know is that enemies will shoot their friends that are caught in the dome instead of you or a defense target. So leaving enemies hanging around lets you pick off the other distracted ones that aren't caught.

Edited by Hobie-wan

Khora bash thread, so it begins. 

8 hours ago, Learicorn said:

When we talk about annoying frames to play with everyone is quick to jump on Limbo, but somehow Khora flies under the radar?

There is nothing I despise more than a warframe taking enemies - who were perfectly fine and ready to be shot, from the ground and sending them into RNG ragdolls at mach speeds that are nearly impossible to track unless you're using AOE. With, by the way, an ability that takes half a decade to kill such enemies unless Khora herself, the only one able to hit them consistently, spams her 1.

What an obnoxious, anti teamwork, selfish character. She forces you to either struggle and kill the hanging enemies one by one (they are no longer grouped up, yay! Thanks Khora!) or just sit around and watch her kill everything. I see a Khora in my team I just leave immediately.

And before someone talks about extra loot, I already have everything I want in this game. I don't give a damn about loot, I just wanna shoot people in the face and have fun, and Khora RUINS that.

You need to read the below quote, enough said. Or you could ask them or explain how her 1st skill can work with her 4th skill, it can be a very powerful thing, especially in Steel Path. 

8 hours ago, Mr.Holyroller said:

Because a good khora does massive damage and gives everyone extra loot.

You could also try playing solo or with friends, or just leave every time you see any frame with cc that moves enemies 

It saves me ^ typing it. :tongue:

6 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

Wouldn't be so much of a problem if DE would just damp the movement on domed enemies already. Stop flinging them around, make them slow down over time. That's all that needs to happen. velocity -= rate * velocity * deltatime wow such math. It's not like I've been asking for that for five years or anything, but that's what we get when DE doesn't periodically review frames and just dumps them to work on the next. 🤷‍♀️

But otherwise a good Khora will be clearing the dome anyways and even if they don't the grabbed enemies are harmless and draw enemy aggro away from everyone else, so it's best to just ignore them. Same with any frame that uses enemies for their abilities, be it Titania or Garuda or Revenant or Xaku or whoever.

I don't think the non-Prime version of the ability even has a creature, so I doubt it. It'd be a cool feature, though.

Yeah, that gets me that they swing around like Tarzan on crack, why DE they should slow down after a while. 

3 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Long story short: basically every frame is annoying the hell out of somebody.

Hell yeah, even my frame annoys me when I can't get the skills to sync. :laugh:

1 hour ago, Felsagger said:

Kora annoying players are not the worst ones. 

Limbo remains on the first place but there are other offenders out there such as those trolling Loki's that switch places with one of the abilities. I did my trolling with him. 

Frost bubbles are always a hassle if the player is a beginner. 

I think Limbo, Frost and Loki are more annoying than Khora. These trio has trolling abilities to other players. 

You forgot Valkyr, I used to troll the mates in Discord with her by flinging them off cliff edges with the first skill Rip Line. :devil: I also miss the exploding Corpus windows too. :sad:

Edited by Slayer-.
can't not can
  • Like 1

In regular gameplay I dont have an issue with Khora since she tends to always come prepared with a good stat stick. But I can see it being an issue in circuit where you might not get that stat stick. And I've noticed that solo aswell, at which point I use the net to complete defense safely while blowing all dangly baddies up with my operator.

7 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

khora los should be ok now I think. ember los on the other hand...

It’s not. I played her again pretty recently (no major updates since), and using her whipclaw is like rolling dice. It’s wildly inconsistent. Sometimes it hits what it should. Sometimes it just doesn’t. It’s not apparent to the player why this is, though I assume there are hidden pieces of level geometry that are blocking or absorbing the attack, or that it’s poorly programmed and inadequately tested. 

I’ve written her off for now. She carried me through the Steel Path star chart when it launched, but that was before the LoS nerf.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ant99999 said:

It's the same thing with half of the CC frames. Hydroid? The same thing. Nezha? Only mildly less annoying. Banshee? Everyone suddenly decides to go "Ooh piece of candy!" and bend down when you're about to headshot them.

Especially when a CC frame and one of those "hit me harder" frames like Harrow come together - that's just perfect anti-synergy. Anyone tries to play as their frame design suggests - everyone loses.

Nidus mains begging the team to stop stealing their kills: (they're trying to build stacks, not aoe nuke)

19 hours ago, Learicorn said:

Khora like that needs to get good at the game.

18 hours ago, ant99999 said:

Ok then what I want to suggest is why not give the majority of those displacing abilities Tornado treatment? Shoot the effect itself to deal damage to all enemies inside.

Shoot Strangledome chains to damage everyone caught. Shoot the ugly face of Hydroid's pet shoggoth to damage everyone caught by tentacles. Shoot Nezha's spears to damage every enemy impaled. Shoot Vauban's balls (vine boom sound effect) to damage everyone inside Bastille.

Just enable friendly fire already