Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Newest Wave Of Incarnons Will Be Purchasable With Platinum

This thread alone has at least 2 better ideas than what DE came up with. They should just drop this weekly rotation and do either this:

47 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Or generic adapters, where an Incarnon Adapter is just an Incarnon Adapter. Each week you can get 2 Adapters and can use them for any valid weapon. Just make it a resource.

or this:

18 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

Just remove the #*!%ing locked rotation & let us choose whatever adapter we want at any time, ffs

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, stormy505 said:

Warframe is def Pay to Win, but also because the content is frankly not that hard and we aren't competing with other players to complete stuff I think a lot of people don't feel super pressured to spend on power increases. Also helps that premium currency is farmable ingame so stuff still feels within reach for F2Ps.

Wouldn't that make it pay 2 rush rather than p2w since you are not required to pay for everything and would end up in the same position as someone who whales the game without a dollar.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Genitive said:

This thread alone has at least 2 better ideas than what DE came up with. They should just drop this weekly rotation and do either this:

or this:

To expand & be clearer on what I said, they should keep the two per week, so people don't burn themselves by farming everything in a day or two & having nothing left to do, but let the whole selection be available when choosing, not the arbitrary 5 (which is stupid in its own way since it's an odd number)

• Like 3

To help offer better ideas, each week for the circuit allow us to choose any of the 30(soon to be 35) adapters to play towards.  Can still only choose two a week so it would take the same time to unlock them all but would cut out the oh crap I missed the xxxx weapon this week, well now it will be 5 (soon to be 6) weeks before I can try again if life doesn't get in the way.

Edit: posted at the same times as other but I'm glad to see other with this idea, kinda like how with kuva and tenet weapons were truly random to start with what you got, now you can more so focused on what you want to farm towards.

Edited by Shotgunpilot
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, stormy505 said:

Warframe is def Pay to Win, but also because the content is frankly not that hard and we aren't competing with other players to complete stuff I think a lot of people don't feel super pressured to spend on power increases. Also helps that premium currency is farmable ingame so stuff still feels within reach for F2Ps.

While you can pay to get, I think there's quite a bit going on in Warframe that makes it not qualify as pay-to-win.  You can pay real money to buy platinum, and you can spend that real money to buy things from the in-game store like non-prime Warframes and certain weapons, and I'm sure you can also buy some of the mods you need as well.  But most of the mods you need, as well as the Endo and Credits needed to upgrade them, you'll need to either earn or trade players for; that goes for things like Arcanes as well.  And if you want to trade to get things, you're going to need the credits required to make those trades, which can get pretty steep.

And while I'm sure there's some strategy you can use to rapidly earn credits in the early game by exploiting some manner of content, at that point you're putting way more effort into engaging with the game systems than anything I would consider to be pay-to-win.  Honestly, trying to pay-to-win in Warframe sounds like more effort than just playing the game normally, especially when it doesn't give you a leg up over anyone who has even a single friend or helpful clan that's capable of mid-late game content.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PublikDomain said:

Or generic adapters, where an Incarnon Adapter is just an Incarnon Adapter. Each week you can get 2 Adapters and can use them for any valid weapon. Just make it a resource.

But then you wouldn't be inclined to play Warframe on a schedule and end up closer to spending money on the game.

1 hour ago, Kaiga said:

That 5 week time gate was designed by a fool. 

They aren't a fool. They knew exactly what they were doing. We're the fools who let this happen after Archon Shards.

This is the Archon Shard pity system discussion all over again. People pointing out inherent design flaws, suggesting infinitely better solutions, but then most players will pat DE on the back when they go halfway and give you a bad deal instead of a worst deal.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, PublikDomain said:

Nah because you can remove them, which would ruin the whole point of them being a somewhat limited item.

• Like 1

I honestly don't care that it's available for plat. Here's the thing:

New players have a TON of grind to do to even get to this point. So having one aspect of it being "Pay to Rush" isn't a big deal.

Plat is easy to come by. Depending on price: It could be faster to trade for plat vs completing the circuit.

I have no issues if players want to skip a grind they potentially don't want to do. It's just plat. Which is in a circulation of a self sustaning economy.

Edited by (XBOX)Cram Duahcim
  • Like 3

Throwing my opinion in here, there is absolutely no reason not to allow people to just pick two of any Incarnon Adapter to farm in a week. Might be awhile to get them all, but it gives a player an opportunity to farm what they want while also giving ample time to play the gamemode.

They still want to offer players the Incarnon Adapters through Platinum? Okay. That's fine.

• Like 1

Thank god. I hope they make it so all the incarnons are purchasable. I'll just buy it all. Tauforged archon shards next pls <3 I'm glad most people on this forum and reddit are defending this great change!

21 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Nah because you can remove them, which would ruin the whole point of them being a somewhat limited item.

True, though being able to remove them was a change that was only added later and it's really not all that useful of a feature.

26 minutes ago, Voltage said:

But then you wouldn't be inclined to play Warframe on a schedule and end up closer to spending money on the game.

You'd still have to play to get them and there'd still be a limit to how many you can get that way. Plus there's no reason they couldn't sell these generic Adapters for plat like they do for potatoes, Forma, unlockers, etc. and like they're planning for the new batch of "oops, we didn't plan for this".

Edited by PublikDomain

I just want to say thank you for making the Incarnons purchasable for platinum in the future update. I no longer need to deal with the buggy circuit and host migration. 😉 Lets keep pushing this great change community! 🙏 Lets make our voice heard! All incarnons purchasable!! Tauforged shards too!

• Like 3

I'm generally ok with it, if it continues to be a smaller chunk of things being like that.

What i'm not ok with - pathos clamps.
35 incarnon adapters, 6 operator melees, frame needs it,  whatever arcanes and items you're gonna buy from acrithis.

And the only way to get it is a long bounty without an alternative.
Now you can skip it even harder with this new rotation of weapons on top of a frame and oper melees.

While the pathos clamp farming wasn't adjusted.

Edited by BR31
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, sitfesz said:

Congrats I have sticks to sell exclusively to you, not even mediocre warframe players could get these. Thank me. I'm here.

Thank you I'm sending my platinum right now as we speak!

4 minutes ago, Friede said:

Thank you I'm sending my platinum right now as we speak!

And now I'm feeling bad because at least I spoke with you and you still don't get it.

Well have fun fellow losers.

Edited by sitfesz
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Haleks said:

lol

I'd rather have DE fix the damn game... Great change to get to spend premium on that? Because the farm is a broken mess?

What kind of backward logic is that?

I'm not sure what you mean...the game is fixed. DE fixed it by making the endgame all purchasable skipping the circuit RNG and host migration issue. If that's not listening to the community I don't know what is!

Edited by Friede

Circuit is not RNG though, they deliberately present you your least used S#&amp;&#036; so you buy and upgrade those.

Edit: So they can wing you a purchaseable circuit stuff and you even thank them. Take a look at yourself and try not to laugh

Edited by sitfesz
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, Haleks said:

lol

I'd rather have DE fix the damn game... Great change to get to spend premium on that? Because the farm is a broken mess?

What kind of backward logic is that?

This caught me by surprise as I never would've guessed it either.

I think the intention in making them purchasable is because of the whole weekly rotation system. Adding new incarnons means waiting even more weeks to unlock the others. Being capped at two adapters a week, and a (soon to be) total of 35 or so incarnon adapters to get, I'm sure at some point people would get tired of the Circuit and ask to buy for plat regardless. 

Edited by (XBOX)Tanta Cinta
Some words.

Now to be fair I haven't seen where the OP is referring to the plat option but LOL

IMO this isn't listening to the players, this is DE following on with the current progression towards pay to unlock content... 1 WEEK is not enough time for the incarnons for at least some people, so rather than allowing more than 1 week, got to push that fomo, they make the incarnons a premium item you can buy for plat.... hmm looks like my 'predictions' from back in May (and earlier probably) are coming a bit earlier than I expected (assuming OP post is true).

Seriously there isn't a chance I'll buy an incarnon and as I don't have the time to farm it in a week... I suppose Duviri and potentially later content is pretty much pointless now....

• Like 1

Just now, (XBOX)Tanta Cinta said:

This caught me by surprise as I would've never guessed this either.

I think the intention in making them purchasable is because of the whole weekly rotation system. Adding new incarnons means waiting even more weeks to unlock the others. Being capped at two adapters a week, and a (soon to be) total of 35 or so incarnon adapters to get, I'm sure as some point people would get tired of the Circuit and ask to buy for plat regardless. 

Don't worry 🙏 DE has listened to our prayers at the circuit loot limitations of 2 a week and gave onto us the ability to purchase everything for platinum! They're really listening!! Even skipping the circuit bugs too!! Two objectives completed in one! That's efficiency.