Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ways to heal a Kavat outside melee?

4thBro

I can make my Kavat tanky, but I can't restore its lost HP at all. Melee can lifesteal link, but what can gun users do???

Edit for clarification:

Real healing. Three or four digits per second.

Edited by 4thBro
  • Like 1

Aside from protective sling or melee there really isn't many viable methods to restore the health of companions.

There are 2 arcanes that can work without using melee:

• Molt Reconstruct (arcane)
  • Arcane Pulse

Then assuming you don't mind doing the occasional mercy kill:

• Hard Reset, should the companion actually die, extremely useful when it has no down state/revive itself.
  • Blood For Life

The other options have already been listed for the most part. I am assuming you don't want to know any warframe healing abilities. Same goes for subsuming because if you have subsumed the frame I assume you know what its subsumed ability can do.

There's no real good way of healing a kavat outside of melee attacks and certain frame abilities.

Why do you think everyone's glomming onto the Panzer Vulpaphyla? They've all given up on babysitting their pets in high level content and moved on to having ones with infinite self-revives.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

There's no real good way of healing a kavat outside of melee attacks and certain frame abilities.

Why do you think everyone's glomming onto the Panzer Vulpaphyla? They've all given up on babysitting their pets in high level content and moved on to having ones with infinite self-revives.

Yeah, I'm thinking I also have to move to Vulp. Major sadge...

Even health orb spam isn't enough, whether from Blazing Chakram spam, or mass melee kills with Lycath's.

3 hours ago, 4thBro said:

Melee can lifesteal link, but what can gun users do???

Gun users can also afford to swing a weapon every now and then, that with amounts of damage the melees are making should be able to top off the HP of any pet with unranked Pack leader equipped.

2 часа назад, Pizzarugi сказал:

Why do you think everyone's glomming onto the Panzer Vulpaphyla?

I'm curious why exactly Panzer? Other Vulpas have their Devolution presets as well. Is it because of Viral spread?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bl1te said:

I'm curious why exactly Panzer? Other Vulpas have their Devolution presets as well. Is it because of Viral spread?

Yes. The viral spread is really good, and paired with Hunter Recovery, your frame gets constantly healed.

• Like 3

Motes, Renewal, Gloom or pseudo melee skills like Gara's lash, Khora's whip or Lavos snake (works with health link in addition to pack leader since it heals the frame), Nourish on Grendel (since it heals him) and potentially also Elemental Ward with heat, since it tops off health when you rebuff iirc, though it cant be recast while in use.

All healing abilities (including lifestealing) will transfer to your companion if you are using Link Health on your companion.

My main to heal them is with Molt + Regenerative Molt or just running Master's Summons if I can.

1 hour ago, FishMcCool said:

There's also the helminth companion teleport+heal skill, Master's Summons. Apparently it even works if the companion is in bleedout.

I should add here that it won't work with dead sentinels and "dead" vulpas (when they do the "devolution"), only alive and on bleedout state.

not taking them into combat in the first place is probably the healthiest thing to do; don't need to heal them if there's no chance of getting hurt.

Think About It GIF by Identity

hopefully more healing options will come with the Companion rework, or companions will just be allowed to be invincible and mostly/only utility.