Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The price of Heirloom skins is incredibly disappointing.

Kymaeraa

4 hours ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

I mean... what DE has done with this package is absurd and hilarious at the same time. Right now people should be talking about warframe 1999 and not about this, but here we are,  because of this poorly balanced pack I've barely seen a couple of videos about WF 1999, not to mention that the video of the package on YouTube quintuples the number of dislikes compared to the likes.

Flvk2MW.png

I'm almost sure that most of the likes were made before knowing the price.

Looks like we still have 1.1K defenders still, shame.

(I am going to save this pic)

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Looks like we still have 1.1K defenders still, shame.

(I am going to save this pic)

Those and the reddit knights in shining armor think they'll get free internship at DE for defending their terrible actions online

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Atomic_Noodles said:

If you consider the 6 Regal Aya as being given a choice of the Prime Warframe of your choice. In the current Wisp Prime Access there is the Sol Gate Tier which is more or less $100 USD

In that Bundle you get:

1. Wisp Prime (6 Regal Aya)
  2. Fulmin Prime
  3. Gunsen Prime
  4. 2 Glyphs
  5. Prime Access "Tier" added to your Account (This increases your deployable Extractors by +1)
  6. 3990 Platinum

Zenith Heirloom Collection is $90 USD Combine with Assumed Plat Values:

1. Ten Year Accolade (Appears on your Profile as a Badge of Honor kind of thing)
  2. Frost Heirloom Skin (250p)
  3. Frost Heirloom Signa (35p)
  4. Mag Heirloom Skin (250p)
  5. Mag Heirloom Signa (35p)
  6. Regal Aya x 6
  7. Deca Heirloom Sigil (20)
  8. Deca Heirloom Glyph (20)
  9. Deca Heirloom Emote (20)
  10. Deca Heirloom Color Palette (90)
  11. 600 Platinum

Considering these though if anything its more so it lacks the amount of platinum (unless the Accolade is worth in value to 1000-1.5k Platinum)

Just wanna point out that Sol tier is not "more or less $100", it is more or less $140 since it is €126 while Zenith collection is $90/€81.

1 hour ago, Waeleto said:

Those and the reddit knights in shining armor think they'll get free internship at DE for defending their terrible actions online

Kind of funny that you say that. A vast majority of the posts about the heirlooms is usually negative, most of the people defending it are downvoted or just don't get that much attention compared to the people who are against it. 

People just don't like the price all around. 

• Like 13

24 minutes ago, Techintuky said:

Kind of funny that you say that. A vast majority of the posts about the heirlooms is usually negative, most of the people defending it are downvoted or just don't get that much attention compared to the people who are against it. 

People just don't like the price all around. 

Glad to hear it

• Like 8

Haven't seen the communities concerns about the price being addressed at all. Is this one of those "K, don't care byeeeeeeeee" moves they're pulling?
What's the point of having a feedback section if no feedback is taken into consideration?

• Like 3

Il y a 18 heures, NightmareT12 a dit :

I don't think offering the skins for platinum is within reason. These are very clearly Prime Accessory level, as in, cash only. Anyone expecting really needs to stop because now that would be perhaps the biggest issue here.

I am not only in total disagreement with this statement that creates a precedent within deluxe skins and so to arbitrarily separate cosmetics into categories but it seems obvious that there is no unambiguous way to define the label “Prime Accessory level”, what invalidates the very existence of such a category.

Moreover, if you do not see the pattern that is emerging and tends to eliminate as much as possible the platinums of the equation (since the game arrives on mobile) you are woefully wrong.

• Like 3

Tennocon just recently ended, they are likely still on holiday for the most part, or having to get back into a semblence of work, likely meetings and things.

It's only been 2 work days. I'd give them about a week-2 weeks at most before starting to poke and prod to see if they are aware.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, _Eclips3_ said:

Haven't seen the communities concerns about the price being addressed at all. Is this one of those "K, don't care byeeeeeeeee" moves they're pulling?
What's the point of having a feedback section if no feedback is taken into consideration?

What makes you think they didn't expect the backlash (Or even more) and still considered the monetary benefits to outweigh the reputational damage caused to a population that is being replaced by whales? 

They've been through this. They knew this was going to happen. It's a calculated risk.

• Like 4

Aside from them not even being in office it's not wise for a company to respond to a concern too soon especially with how this community is.

Just consider that the only "outrage" going on here is some threads on the forums and the sub-reddit. The game isn't even being review bombed on Steam and the bundles are only at "mixed" and review scores. So as far as DE is concerned there might not actually be an "outrage" going on as it may just appear like a small handful of players are shouting particularly loudly, which this community is prone to do.

Plus it's still making sales anyways as evident by the growing number of reviews on the Steam pages. So if there is an outrage going on it might not even be worth responding to as it's still turning a profit.

• Like 2

I'd give it more time. 

I get and empathise with those feeling frustrated, concerned and critical. After all, I am one of them myself, but the build up and Tennocon event tends to require a lot of work and effort. This one was also in person for the first time in a while, with also leadership changes since the last in person event. Many of the people who may be required for discussion and meetings around how to address such issues, probably need some rest. Such issues may also require the input of more than a few individuals, and there may even be internal disagreements on how to proceed, if there should be changes, why and how. That takes time as well. 

So basically, they deserve a rest period, and then actually discussing such issues internally has to happen as well. 

Its entirely possible no changes will be made and they may try to just weather the situation, but implementing changes/adjustments can be taxing as well, and shouldn't be knee jerk or done lightly with no regard for consequences. Like we wouldn't want them, if they make a change to release Announcement 1: This pack will now last for an extra 2 months to alleviate FOMO concerns. Then Announcement 2: Will increase Aya by 2, and Platinum by 100. Announcement 3: Prior changes reverted, Bundles will be now cheaper by X%.. 

Like ideally they will gather as much feedback, as they can, discuss it amongst those that need to discuss it, and then make decisions. That can take time. A lot of bigger content creators haven't touched the issue too much (yet), and they often have their own communities as well, so thats likely potential feedback as well, even if this site, Reddit, Youtube comments are pretty critical (not sure about Twitter or other social media). 

Perhaps some small message saying that the matter is being discussed could be nice, but honestly, the sort of people at DE in the position to make that sort of statement, I imagine should be resting and taking it easy. Probably. I mean, thats just my guess. Though, I am a bit critical to the idea, that such announcements timings, especially the structure of such bundles (the limited time exclusivity, pricing points etc couldn't have been foreseen to have created such issues and mitigated beforehand. Again though, I am not in a position to know the internal structure of DE or how such things operate, it may be more complicated or more straight forward and direct. 

TL;DR, should wait a little.

3 hours ago, Claytronus02 said:

I can't even imagine what the marketers were thinking when they made this, what exactly were they expecting with that kind of tagline?

I'm guessing a bunch of chinese mid to up management saw warframe and though there's not enough monetization in there, lets segregate our whales so the elite ones can distinguish themselves so they spend more, while some canadian yes(wo)men were like thats genious.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, MaleniaBladeofMiquella said:

The devs usually have a week vacation after tennocon. they almost certainly aren't in the office and probably haven't even heard about it yet

48 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

Tennocon just recently ended, they are likely still on holiday for the most part, or having to get back into a semblence of work, likely meetings and things.

Uh-huh

Something as big as this is not missable and it speaks in volumes with the posts being made, Reddit, the Steam reviews going into Negative and YT having so many dislikes. There is no way there are just sitting on their butts letting this go ideally, "holiday" or not.

50 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

What makes you think they didn't expect the backlash (Or even more) and still considered the monetary benefits to outweigh the reputational damage caused to a population that is being replaced by whales? 

That's porb what they are trying to weed out, Don't expect anything from them, all they care about is dat money.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, prodi1600 said:

I'm guessing a bunch of chinese mid to up management saw warframe and though there's not enough monetization in there, lets segregate our whales so the elite ones can distinguish themselves so they spend more, while some canadian yes(wo)men were like thats genious.

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

• Like 2

I'm more surprised that they have not made a comment in this thread!

Am I disappointed with the Heirloom pack? Absolutely!

I have a few suggestion's. Let me make this clear.

Player 1 bought $100 of Regal Aya

Player 2 bought $100 of Platinum

Let's for arguments say it is 10 regal aya and 1000 platinum.

Player 1 who already spent his $100 should be able to buy the whole Heirloom set or each frame and sigil individually. He already spent his $100. Say it is $20 for each sigil and set. so $40 total and he paid 4 regal aya

Player 2 also spent his $100 and it cost him 400 platinum.

Here is the crazy part that fixes this whole thing.

2 CLEAR and easy options.

Sell a set with Heirloom cosmetic armor and sigil ONLY $15 or $20 each.

Sell a set with heirloom AND Glyph, etc.. everything in the current pack EXCEPT Plat or regal aya. $35 for this $5 discount cause we bought both.

Sell the third set for $50 or $60 Comes with everything currently in the set. 

Here is the part that must be done IN GAME.

Make Regal Aya and Platinum switchable. Convert each aya from regal aya to platinum at a IN GAME VENDOR. Want that Orthos prime for 2 regal aya. trade 200 plat for 2 aya and go buy it. Got 9 aya and have the vaulted stuff. Trade each aya for say 100 plat (Whatever is actual price, seems about 100p)

Solves this Problem. Also. NEVER and I mean NEVER. Sell cosmetics in game for R/L money ONLY!

Now against the grain for everyone else. I do and will continue to buy the newer packs when they come out. I am Retirrd Military, in Meh health and don't play a lot but LOVE the game. So did I buy Wisp Prime AND her accessories pack? Yep. Why?

Cause of 2 things actually. I needed some plat for a few prime weapons and prime frames and arcane's I want/need. also I LOVE having a resource booster and affinity booster on at all times. Also with the plat I buy a 30 day credit booster too. Those boosters maximize my limited time.

13 minutes ago, (PSN)Creatine850 said:

I'm more surprised that they have not made a comment in this thread!

Am I disappointed with the Heirloom pack? Absolutely!

I have a few suggestion's. Let me make this clear.

Player 1 bought $100 of Regal Aya

Player 2 bought $100 of Platinum

Let's for arguments say it is 10 regal aya and 1000 platinum.

Player 1 who already spent his $100 should be able to buy the whole Heirloom set or each frame and sigil individually. He already spent his $100. Say it is $20 for each sigil and set. so $40 total and he paid 4 regal aya

Player 2 also spent his $100 and it cost him 400 platinum.

Here is the crazy part that fixes this whole thing.

2 CLEAR and easy options.

Sell a set with Heirloom cosmetic armor and sigil ONLY $15 or $20 each.

Sell a set with heirloom AND Glyph, etc.. everything in the current pack EXCEPT Plat or regal aya. $35 for this $5 discount cause we bought both.

Sell the third set for $50 or $60 Comes with everything currently in the set. 

Here is the part that must be done IN GAME.

Make Regal Aya and Platinum switchable. Convert each aya from regal aya to platinum at a IN GAME VENDOR. Want that Orthos prime for 2 regal aya. trade 200 plat for 2 aya and go buy it. Got 9 aya and have the vaulted stuff. Trade each aya for say 100 plat (Whatever is actual price, seems about 100p)

Solves this Problem. Also. NEVER and I mean NEVER. Sell cosmetics in game for R/L money ONLY!

Now against the grain for everyone else. I do and will continue to buy the newer packs when they come out. I am Retirrd Military, in Meh health and don't play a lot but LOVE the game. So did I buy Wisp Prime AND her accessories pack? Yep. Why?

Cause of 2 things actually. I needed some plat for a few prime weapons and prime frames and arcane's I want/need. also I LOVE having a resource booster and affinity booster on at all times. Also with the plat I buy a 30 day credit booster too. Those boosters maximize my limited time.

As much as I want to stand by my fellow tenno and agree that the price is pretty ridiculous I personally don't feel this will fix anything. So long as these packs are locked to one time availability in an attempt to create a feeling of prestige and exclusivity it's going to do nothing but breed toxicity in the community. Founders already get a tone of toxicity even though they literally kept the company afloat when it was on the verge of bankruptcy. Imagine how much worse it's going to be when there is NO VALID EXCUSE. That's not something I want to be a part of. I don't care how much cheaper they make it or how much value they add. I'm done with DE if this is the direction they're headed. EDIT: I should mention I've read this post 3 times. If there is  something I've missed that addresses this then ignore me I'm stupid.

Edited by MaleniaBladeofMiquella

@Trst is right.

When they can ignore the wukong review bombing last year, they most definitely can ignore a few angry forum posts.

I think most of us just assume you whales are buying it anyway, I guess. I mean no offense but whales don't have much bargining power in so far as their self-control.

• Like 3

I want to start this post with: I don't support how the collection is bundled, and the 'packaging' is the only reason why I am hesitant on buying any of the bundles. However, I don't think the way it's packaged is completely unjustified. 

We have to acknowledge the fact that the Heirloom skins are considered very premium and exclusive, they will cost more than an average warframe skin; Having an inflated cost per skin should be considered normal business practice in this case.

Pupsker did a rough cost breakdown in this video and I will use that as a base:
In the Celestial Heirloom Collection, it costs 70 USD for 2 skins + signas and 6 Regal Aya
6+1 Regal Aya costs 40 USD in Resurgence, and let's say you give it some bundle discount to about 35 USD
This means that 2 skins + signas costs about 35 USD, or 17.50 USD per skin + signa
Tennogen warframe skins costs about 5 - 7 USD each, while warframe armor/syandanas costs about 2.50 - 6 USD each (taken from wiki, I don't live in the US)
Getting a Tennogen warframe skin + an armor/syandana would cost at most 13 USD
Since signas are universal, they are similar to armor/synadanas/ephemeras, and with the exclusivity + premium status of the Heirloom skins, the pricing isn't that fair off from Tennogen skins (17.50 USD vs 13 USD)

Note: I am using PC Tennogen prices since the collection is cash only, comparing them to plat prices didn't make sense to me.

Therefore, the bundles offered are arguably quite worth it if you break it down properly, it's not the best deal but it's worth it. But of course, this isn't the main point of the outcry of the community, a big argument is that most players don't have a use for 6 Regal Aya since the main point of having them in the bundle is to be able to buy both Mag Prime and Frost Prime (not their prime packs) from Prime Resurgence.

But people seem to not mention that Prime Resurgence also offers other Prime things, you can buy 3 weapons or 3-6 cosmetics with the same 6 Regal Aya. And if you really don't like the current rotation, it's not an expiring resource (thank God) and you can just wait for a rotation that you really like to buy the Prime stuff that you've been eyeing for.

My argument is that the bundles aren't as overpriced as people think they are, I still think that they are priced correctly with what they contain. But I also agree that the bundle options they offer aren't the best, even I'm still actively weighing the pros and cons of paying an extra 35 USD for 6 Regal Aya that I may or may not use; There should be some alternative bundles that are more accessible to the millions of faithful Tenno that truly want to support this game sustainably. 

I also feel that the FOMO argument isn't as strong as people make it seem to be, one reply in another thread made a really good point regarding this:

19 minutes ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

I've brought this up with other folks before in those threads but they tend to try to skip past it. Every MMO that has ever existed has FOMO built into it intrinsically. Daily Steel Path alerts, Weekly Nightwave challenges, Weekly rivers from Iron Wake and Teshins Weekly loot table. FOMO has been around from the very beginning, and isn't inherently "evil". Then on top of that I asked someone to try to count all of Weekly bonuses/Battle Passes/Xp Boost weeks/Lockbox sales events etc etc that will be happening during the 121 days that this Pack is going to be available for. Never did get an answer of course, but the answer wasn't the point, the comparison to actual predatory FOMO practices vs This is the point. Theres a Grand Canyon sized difference between the 2 that a lot aren't seeing. Because you actually have sense to you, you called it FOMO-esque instead of just FOMO. 

I would like to point out that the Founders Packs are the only other cash-based FOMO that DE/Warframe has offered, which is a really respectable thing that a game of 10 years has done. I want to see people find other successful >10 year old MMOs that has equal or less amount of cash-based FOMO in their game. It's really hard to say that the Heirloom Collection is predatory when you compare it with other MMO bundles in the market now, have you seen the state of Warframe China's microtransaction economy in it's pre-Tencent days? That's predatory (not DE's fault btw, ChangYou sucked, look it up yourself).

I see the Heirloom Collection as a 10 year anniversary Founders Pack, it will never live up to the prestige of the Founders, but they serve as an indicator for your support for DE's next 10 years. What if the profits from the collection are all pumped into making 1999 the best update since New War or Second Dream? Have you realised that the New War was the last update that they had to truly postpone and released Heart of Deimos first? Whatever DE promised in a TennoCon, they have been able to fulfill most of them by the next one, how do you think they could do that more effectively recently?

I hope that after reading this you will voice your opinions at where it matters, like accessibility and how they bundle the collection, instead of just calling DE/Tencent greedy predators and hoping for a change to happen.

We are all Tenno here. We All Lift Together.

P.S. I've felt more FOMO that I had to cancel my plans to attend TennoCon 2023 than this collection would ever give lol

• Like 7