The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The price of Heirloom skins is incredibly disappointing.

Kymaeraa

I agree the packs are pricey but it's not even my main issue with it. The time limit and the lack of versatility in the pack is what annoys me.

The time limit being only 3 months works against the product because it comes over in a period where warframe big spenders have had other money sinks like tennocon merch. And it does not surprise me people are comparing the prices to summer game releases, they should have seen it coming.
Additionally, in my opinion, 3 months is a very short window of time for this kind of bundles to live, founder's pack stayed in the game for far longer. It's very hard not to jump into the conclusion this is a FOMO tactic, which devs previously stated they try to avoid.

Also the fact the collection only gives you 3 options to purchase reminds me when prime accessories had to be bought with prime bundles and not separate. That changed for a reason so it seems we are going backward and not forward with monetization tactics.

Ultimately it's their product to price and distribute and it's our choice as consumers to engage or not :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I'm kinda ok with DE making money selling the rare skin or two.... But I guess that makes me a WK, and it means that DE will suddenly start selling everything at ridiculous prices if I support them.

I'm ok with them selling their skins for money too, I honestly don't even care about the FOMO aspect of the skins. I just don't want the bloat that caused the pack to skyrocket to the price of a brand new game.

I bought everything I wanted with Regal Aya, if I got the pack, what do I do with it? I can only spend it on very specific things that I already have. That's such a frustrating thing to add to the packs that are the only avenue for these skins/cosmetics.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EdinaMonsoon said:

my $400+ on tennocon merch wasn't enough to be classed as an official supporter it seems 

i still love this game but what a bitter way to end the 10 year celebrations

Same feeling. It's probably the part about this situation that feels the worst. It doesn't matter if you're a founder, or if you've spent thousands or tens of thousands on the game, or if you buy merch, or if you fly out to Tennocon every year, or if you get a Warframe tattoo, or if you propose on stage, or any of the other things I've seen people do to support the game over the last 10 years. None of that is enough to be a real "10 year supporter". Real "10 year supporters" cough up cash whenever they're told. Right now the accolade is a mark of shame.

38 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

I'm pretty sure spending $90 constitutes as "supporting the game."

And spending $400 over the last three years doesn't? Come off it.

• Like 8

45 minutes ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

When it comes to greasy, predatory, and anti consumer tactic yes. You could use a comparison to justify anything it doesn't make it right.

I'm just trying to figure out what makes it greasy, predatory and anti-consumer here, in a game with far more generous methods of obtaining fully optional things, when it is already seen as fair practices in a completely different game with far stricter ways to obtain optional items. Could it just be that DE are overall too generous and have been so for the past 10 years?

35 minutes ago, BloodKitten said:

the issue is, i would assume, they bundles being out for almost a week, and changing bundles as opposed to add to exsisting ones, would be logistical mess with all the consoles and refunds.

can only hope the communist party will see us being upset that they wont try to make DE make more overpriced bundles in the future (it's 95% china and 5% DE on those bundles)

That is the reason which many people fail to see. Not only a logistical mess but with additional costs tied to it aswell due to administrative needs. Same as when companies, governemental instances etc. try to save money on something while in the end ending up with more expenses due to increased admin costs.

Also, people should probably catch up on things Tencent related. It hasnt been owned by china for quite some years. The majority share sits at 30% and is with a south african company, shares with chinese ties sit at around 8%.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I'm just trying to figure out what makes it greasy, predatory and anti-consumer here, in a game with far more generous methods of obtaining fully optional things, when it is already seen as fair practices in a completely different game with far stricter ways to obtain optional items. Could it just be that DE are overall too generous and have been so for the past 10 years?

To be fair, the items being time limited can be considered predatory since they utilise FOMO and people can feel forced to buy them. Especially when you consider people with bad spending habits, who are especially vulnerable to such practices.

A time limited-pack with accolades and other junk would be fine, but the skins should be a permanent addition to the game, if you ask me. There's no reason they shouldn't be.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JoJoshuee_DesK said:

With all the money I have spent, I wanted to have something exclusive to celebrate its 10th anniversary but obviously I was expecting something reasonably priced.

Why would you expect exclusivity to come at a reasonable price? We knew the Heirloom packs would be akin to the founders packages in some way for the 10th anniversary, so a high price was warranted.

Edited by (XBOX)Tanta Cinta
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Genitive said:

To be fair, the items being time limited can be considered predatory since they utilise FOMO and people can feel forced to buy them. Especially when you consider people with bad spending habits, who are especially vulnerable to such practices.

A time limited-pack with accolades and other junk would be fine, but the skins should be a permanent addition to the game, if you ask me. There's no reason they shouldn't be.

I just dont think anyone should go out of their way in order to shield or hold the hand of every single person on the planet to avoid bad habit situations. I'd be royally pissed off if my local pizzaria stopped selling pizzas because someone abuses food and stacks pizzas like others stack pancakes. Same as I wouldnt want to see booze no longer sold because the parks are filled with alchoholic bums. Plus games alone are platforms that open up for people with bad habits, like getting addicted to games and neglecting important parts in life. But we dont want games to stop getting developed to shield these people.

In the end we just cant safeguard for these people. It ends up with "life finds a way", but replace the word life with addict or bad habits.

hace 20 minutos, (XBOX)Tanta Cinta dijo:

Why would you expect exclusivity to come at a reasonable price? We knew the Heirloom packs would be akin to the founders packages in some way for the 10th anniversary, so a high price was warranted.

I'll repeat: With the price of Zenith pack I can buy MK1 or BG3, two times in my country and I would have a bit money left over.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, (XBOX)Tanta Cinta said:

And by the end of next year we'd be getting our 10th "unique" Heirloom packs before we realize it because the anniversary story is total BS. It's just business greed. They sell overpriced FOMO BS for easy money, end of story.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

In the end we just cant safeguard for these people. It ends up with "life finds a way", but replace the word life with addict or bad habits.

No, you won't be able to safeguard against everything, you're right. However, bad habits shouldn't be exploited like that. I don't think your examples are entirely correct either. If your local pizzeria made a time-limited all-you-can eat event and somebody choked to death or died of a heart attack, then they would probably never do it again. Similar with alcohol, in many places it won't be sold to you if you are already drunk. People not being able to control themselves doesn't justify bad practices and companies should be held accountable, they also should bear the burden of responsibility for what they do.

In this specific situation most of the drama could have been avoided if DE had made different decisions regarding the pack. If we had all the existing packs and one cheaper with only the skins, we wouldn't see as many complaints. Or perhaps we would, because it's the forums.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

And by the end of next year we'd be getting our 10th "unique" Heirloom packs before we realize it because the anniversary story is total BS. It's just business greed. They sell overpriced FOMO BS for easy money, end of story.

I dont see how DE deserves this kind of wild speculation over a set of skins meant to be a supporter pack. They literally give us Dex skins for free and they're about just as nice as these. They showed 2 more deluxe plat skins at Tennocon too. I was shocked at the price too, but i just dont get the rage and automatically calling them scum for trying to make money.

Edited by Hypernaut1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Huh...

Ok that's terrifying, took a look at myself but I don;t think it's 100% correct 

Yeah I'm not sure it can be accurate considering you can purchase stuff outside of steam. I have purchased numerous prime access packages directly through the website that were not considered steam purchases.

Edit: After checking how much I've spent... lol...

If my wife ever sees this I will be in so much trouble O.o lol

Card drops earned... 734... 

Edited by Leqesai

1 hour ago, Genitive said:

In this specific situation most of the drama could have been avoided if DE had made different decisions regarding the pack. If we had all the existing packs and one cheaper with only the skins, we wouldn't see as many complaints.

Agreed - DE really should have seen this coming. It’s not like they don’t have 10 years of experience dealing with us los- ummm players.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Leqesai said:

Yeah I'm not sure it can be accurate considering you can purchase stuff outside of steam. I have purchased numerous prime access packages directly through the website that were not considered steam purchases.

Edit: After checking how much I've spent... lol...

If my wife ever sees this I will be in so much trouble O.o lol

Card drops earned... 734... 

Is it wrong that I wanna see a "LIVE REACTION" to you showing this to your wife?

Cuz that will be very funny to watch, but not funny for you I guess, since she might just kill you

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

Very doubtful. I don't think they're going to attempt to go down this road the way they did. I'm sure they know they made a mistake. 

If there are plans for other heirloom skins, they'll probably make them plat-purchasable. 

Edited by (XBOX)Tanta Cinta

31 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Is it wrong that I wanna see a "LIVE REACTION" to you showing this to your wife?

Cuz that will be very funny to watch, but not funny for you I guess, since she might just kill you

Yeah the probability of death is around 50%. 

I wonder how much spent puts one into "whale" status... lol... 

11 minutes ago, (XBOX)Tanta Cinta said:

Very doubtful. I don't think they're going to attempt to go down this road the way they did. I'm sure they know they made a mistake. 

If there are plans for other heirloom skins, they'll probably make them plat-purchasable. 

In almost every business decision, there is a margin for "error" that has a backup plan prepared (read as "we know we will piss people off, if it gets out of hand use plan B"). Hence Platinum for the rescue.

If you look holistically at the trends of packs over time, they were slowly branching out a second offering alongside Prime Packs as Supporter Packs for quite a while now. There still exists culture of vets and advanced players screaming at Bambis to NOT spend initial plat on any of the great Darvo deals or other things that prey on lack of knowledge of game systems and obtaining gear etc. This is no different, this is merely an evolution to already established path that won't change.

It's hard for me to admit, but we have lost this one. I won't get toxic with Devs because in majority they are not responsible for decisions made and in my belief are doing absolute best to deliver their vision of the game that stands strong with it's art, systems and expansive lore. I want to thank every single one of you for doing great work and delivering experience that over past 10 years delivered great moments in gaming for me.

I hope I can continue to support Warframe beyond this sour choice, but if I fall off being your target audience, so be it.

Edited by Wawus
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, (XBOX)Tanta Cinta said:

yeah but as a frost lover I'm never going to get skin I want, which is this one, because this one is so over priced.
I legit can't afford that stupid price for two skins (its the same price as my cats monthly medication for example), and when I hopefully will be financially stable again it'll be gone regardless due to he fomo anyway.

they need to fix this issue not 'opps we'll do better next time'

I bought the Zenith Heirloom Pack as soon as it came out.

I don't play Frost or Mag, nor do I enjoy that type of skin, cosmetics, glyph, or anything in that pack.

I did it as a huge THANK YOU for making the best game I have played in half a decade. And I would have happily bought it even if it only had a plushie or a "thank you" message.

I have a few years of background in business, and if my analysis is correct, I fully understand the strategy:

Do something terrible, test the waters, then offer fake compromise. Keep the money, keep the good faith.

And this more than likely works with the younger playerbase.

But it is not ok, and we realize. And to be honest, I love this game too much to stay silent about this.

Platinum is premium currency.

I have been told that since I started the game.

About 20 or so hours in, I am told: "Hey kid, that plat you paid for is worthless, THIS is the REAL deal". Regal Aya.

This, on itself, is a predatory, despicable tactic. But let's act as if it wasn't enough to break the camel's back.

Let's talk variables.

A = Time limited package.

B = Forced inflation/second class currency (Platinum when regal aya was introduced).

C = Force Bundle. One thing is to bundle a lot of otherwise separately purchasable things and putting a discount on it. Another one is making stuff inaccessible without added bloat.

There is nothing wrong with A alone.

C + A is straight up psychological manipulation and abuse of psychologically vulnerable individuals,

Spoiler

(coming from people who made half their storyline about emotional and psychological manipulation, I would have expected much better)

B is a textbook bait and switch scam.

Now doing A*B*C, you are simply spiting in the face of your customers.

No, not the playerbase, the customers. The actual paying customers who bought platinum with real money.

And bringing flowers after cheating will never solve anything. Nor will do adding any amount of platinum to a "time gated, second time devaluating premium currency, bundled pack".

As a supporter of the pack, I beg of you: Be transparent.

Maybe you're running out of creative juice, and after 10 years, who can blame you? But I want to believe that's not the case. 

If it was the case, well, you're trying to squeeze your customers for all they're worth before the ship sinks, and, from a business perspective, I fully understand it, although as a player it would sadden me deeply.

OTOH, if you are not about to run out of juice, be ethical. Have integrity.

Do not:

Add time limited packs that can't be bought with just playing the game.

Force bundle stuff.

And specially, above all, make already paid for currency worthless, adding "even more important paid currency".

Regal aya is wrong and speaks rottenly about that worst part of DE. 

Everyone has their flaws, DE had regal aya.

But don't go down the path of "I drink once a month and become aggressive" to "I drink every day". Don't escalate this further.

I am drawing a line here. My line. It is healthy to let others know where your boundaries are.

I hope you reconsider, and let non-paying players have what we have. Maybe keep the accolade out of their reach? I don't care. But let them play the game. That is what we pay for.

L00ri3n

• Like 19

6 hours ago, JoJoshuee_DesK said:

Yeah, another post about Heirloom. 

Excuse me, I just got into the game yesterday after a tiring week of work.

Basically I'm disappointed and sad, even though they increased the platinum obtained, it's still not worth it for me, it's sad that I bought almost all the deluxe skins, several tennogen and now the game has come across this unfortunate mistake. With all the money I have spent, I wanted to have something exclusive to celebrate its 10th anniversary but obviously I was expecting something reasonably priced.

Now a screenshot to make it more dramatic.

H0jGfFj.jpeg

For non-readers of Spanish, the image basically shows that I have spent more than 800 dollars in the game since when I started, update 22 (2017), so money is not a problem for me, but goddddd with the price of Zenith pack I can buy MK1 or BG3, any of them, two times in my country and I would have a bit money left over.

Sincerely, a Mag main.

So, upon seeing you can check how much you've spent, I hesitantly checked my own to see how much I've shilled out to DE... I may have to take a moment and really look at myself after this.

image.png

• Like 1

Just now, Claytronus02 said:

So, upon seeing you can check how much you've spent, I hesitantly checked my own to see how much I've shilled out to DE... I may have to take a moment and really look at myself after this.

image.png

And remember, if you don't pay an extra 90$ none of the money means that you're a 'Ten Year Supporter'

• Like 3