The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The price of Heirloom skins is incredibly disappointing.

Kymaeraa

3 hours ago, (XBOX)DragonMan 2700 said:

Mmmm....   not these halos though, if I'm not mistaken their limited time offers with an exclusively promise so, once there gone there gone. 

That's part of why some of us are less than happy with the idea of paying min 60-70 $ if you only wanted the halos.( that go on every frame  btw )

It's not enough to be exclusive. They should be their own varients. Mag _____ and Frost ______.

I'll put it simply. I think that making the skins not be skins, but rather unique varients of the frames, would ultimately make the pack worth it and put it closer to the original founders packs. Mag Heirloom and Frost Heirloom. The pack essentially becomes a double-exclusive prime access, making the price-point an actual bargain. Consider it, guys. Let the skins still be skins for the normal versions, but add the varients that ought to be the same as a prime upgrade. Additionally, making the two frames come at MR30 may also be a good idea to prevent the paywalling of MR affinity. 

Edited by (XBOX)Architect Prime
  • Like 1

So now we're dealing with real content (i.e. mastery points) that is still only available for a limited time, and it still doesn't deal with the actual issue, which is how overpriced the upfront cost of the packs are.

Edited by Pakaku
  • Like 16

I recently found out that the Heirloom packs are pulled on 12/31/23 & I'm not comfortable abut locking MR behind an exclusivity wall.  It's the Excal Prime situation all over again, creating a level of toxicity to the game that we don't need.  

If DE were to make the Heirloom Warframes a standard thing that was available like the Prime Resurgence rotation, I'd get behind this but anything more restricted than that and I couldn't.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I'm not comfortable abut locking MR behind an exclusivity wall.  

19 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

So now we're dealing with real content (i.e. mastery points) that is still only available for a limited time, and it still doesn't deal with the actual issue, which is how overpriced the upfront cost of the packs are.

The amount of MR is microscopic. I would even say it's a meaningless amount to longtime veterans who are on their legendary ranks. In any event, they could just come fully ranked so that can be negated.  

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

The amount of MR is microscopic. I would even say it's a meaningless amount to longtime veterans who are on their legendary ranks. In any event, they could just come fully ranked so that can be negated.  

It's about FOMO, and the packs being limited time means passing on the packs would involve missing out on 2 instances of 6,000 MR. If they stay as reskins, then there's less to worry about missing out on. Yes it's not really that much in the grand scheme of things, but trying to add value to the packs with real content that has mastery behind it is not the way to go about "improving" the "value" of those packs

Edited by Pakaku
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

I'll put it simply. I think that making the skins not be skins, but rather unique varients of the frames, would ultimately make the pack worth it and put it closer to the original founders packs. Mag Heirloom and Frost Heirloom. The pack essentially becomes a double-exclusive prime access, making the price-point an actual bargain. Consider it, guys. Let the skins still be skins for the normal versions, but add the varients that ought to be the same as a prime upgrade. Additionally, making the two frames come at MR30 may also be a good idea to prevent the paywalling of MR affinity. 

No way. This is far worse than what we have at the moment.

• Like 12

25 minutes ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

Each Warframe grants 6,000 points, making both Heirloom variants a total of 12,000.  It may be microscopic to someone who is into high 20's but we still have players complaining about the lost MR from the Founders pack, also 12,000.  That puts any player behind by 12 to 24 thousand points.

I do like the idea of the Heirloom variants though, I'd like to see them added to the game on a permanent rotation.  Mayb they could be added to the Incarnon system via Cavalero.  The weapons he provides have lore that give them pre-collapse ties, it could easily be done for Warframes. 

• Like 3

I think they should make the Heirloom packs cost $1000 dollars, and also come with your idea, but also Frost and Mag Umbra, Kuva Bramma Umbra Prime, and exclusive early access for Gauss and Protea Prime. Make them the limited time exclusives too, so people can feel like the are really supporting the company extra, and not taken Prime Access for granted, oh and also as a new exclusive story quest, with new weapons which will get you to MRL5, but also all which will be limited to December and the first three days of next year, before being removed.

Then on an unrelated note also remove the Second Dream, Sacrifice, the War Within and the New War, since like, it costs money to maintain them, plus everyone has played that content, and if they haven't, Youtube exists. Then put all new cinematic missions into Nightwave, but make Nightwave a paid battlepass, monthly subscription, and you access the quests after you reach Prestige Rank 60. 

Then add a paid Sigil thats a Golden Lollipop. 

This will surely make people warm up to the Heirlooms. 

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

I think they should make the Heirloom packs cost $1000 dollars, and also come with your idea, but also Frost and Mag Umbra, Kuva Bramma Umbra Prime, and exclusive early access for Gauss and Protea Prime. Make them the limited time exclusives too, so people can feel like the are really supporting the company extra, and not taken Prime Access for granted, oh and also as a new exclusive story quest, with new weapons which will get you to MRL5, but also all which will be limited to December and the first three days of next year, before being removed.

Then on an unrelated note also remove the Second Dream, Sacrifice, the War Within and the New War, since like, it costs money to maintain them, plus everyone has played that content, and if they haven't, Youtube exists. Then put all new cinematic missions into Nightwave, but make Nightwave a paid battlepass, monthly subscription, and you access the quests after you reach Prestige Rank 60. 

Then add a paid Sigil thats a Golden Lollipop. 

This will surely make people warm up to the Heirlooms. 

The sarcastic tone is STROOONG in this one. 😁

I'm probably old enough to attract to this cosmetic bullS#&$ (I still attracted to Tennogen discount tho). Just let it go. There's no actual different wether you're using flashy skin or not.

Most of the content didn't give you time to admire other player fashion. Hell, we probably already immune from the presence of Excal Prime Founders in random pub mission.

Look at what happen to Voidshell Skin! Anyone hear about any new one?

Edited by BroDutt
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

Locking assets that affect gameplay and/or progress behind a time limited paywall is a rather egregious form of p2w.

• Like 1

There is no way you posted this thinking this is a good idea.

The problem with the packs is it being padded with aya and plat to inflate the price. Making these skins into frames when we have primes won’t make them any more valuable.

Having Excalibur Prime be paid exclusive was acceptable only because it was to fund the game in its early stages. Doing something like that now would be awful, even more FOMO inducing, and possibly p2w.

Edited by Dioxety
  • Like 5

On 8/26/2023 at 1:55 PM, Binket_ said:

Okay, so let's get down to business.

DE. While I can believe you've come to this, I still don't want to.
You are asking players for:

• 92.99 Canadian Dollars, not including related taxes of course.
  • 68.32 United States Dollars, converted using Google.
  • 63.32 European Euros, converted using Google.
  • 106.41 Australian Dollars, converted using Google.
  • Etc, etc.
  • This is all assuming these conversions are direct and are not locked behind taxes or regional policies, of course.

... for a pair of skins that we- while we find pretty- is locked behind a LIMITED TIME offer.
One of which is less than half the year remaining.
A bundle of which contains a bunch of garbage we don't care for to artificially inflate the price.

You know what? I let Prime Access slide. You know why? We can always find it another time.
It was an option for players who like to spend the money to get something worthwhile, but you were never pressured into doing so.

600 Platinum? I can make this 5 trades on PC.
Sure, that Platinum comes from people who pay-- but that's one of the ways you're keeping us invested to even PLAY this game.
In addition, we kinda NEED to trade for Platinum. What with all the Orokin Reactors, Catalysts, Formas, Slots and more to get.

6 Regal Aya? It's 41.99 CAD for 7 Regal Aya.
Personally? I find this to be excessively expensive, but it's feasible.
Because at least I won't have to worry about THOSE options suddenly getting sent to the infamous FOMO abyss.

Now, let me ask you a question...

How much is 92.99 CAD worth to you?
With that? I could buy:

• Groceries to last a few days.
  • Materials to supply hobbies. Masonry or Pottery comes to mind.
  • A nice date to take a loved one out on.
  • Means to travel, enjoy the world.
  • Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon on Steam right now!
    • With some funds to spare! Maybe I'll buy some Tennogen instead.
    • At least some of THAT profit is going to an artist.
    • Y'know, allegedly.
    • Also not limited by FOMO!
  • Literally any title in the Borderlands series on Steam.
  • Splatoon 3 on the Nintendo Switch. (Physical cartridge is even an option!)
  • Roughly 13 whole 12-packs of Mountain Dew from Wal-Mart, if you're going to go that degenerate.
  • Commissioned Artist for a project of one's own. Where one has free reign over it. (No color channels needed!)
  • You get the point.

To me, 92.99 CAD ain't worth dropping on a bundle designed around predatory practices that the gaming community as a WHOLE has been getting increasingly sick of.
Not even the 71.99 CAD is worth the funds, even if we trim of that excess garbage. We rarely use emotes as is. I'm not justifying the price for a glorified PROFILE PICTURE.

But since apparently I'm taking too much time on this? I'll cut it short for hyperfixated eyesockets.
We are drowning in games that have Gacha, FOMO, Battle Passes, etc.
You are one of the few companies that was respected even a SMIDGE because we didn't have to worry about that.
Drop that? I- and I imagine many others- will drop your game all the same.

I didn't really care too much with "Prime Resurgence" because it wasn't that much different.
Most of the issues from that were stemming from your mishmashed words indicating it was an event.

You have a legal team and you've been doing this for 10 years. You backpedaled on that because everyone caught you.
The issue was fixed, money machine resumes as normal.

Now we face a much greater issue. You're going back on the principles that you got this far.
Is corporate self-destruction a trend lately or something? ... or you just seeing how much you can get away with?

If it's the latter, here's your wake up call.
We don't care if it's paid. That is nothing new to us.
We're are LIVID that it's a time-limited event that is CLEARLY STATED to never come back again.
Fix that and this will all blow over

Well said… This comment was the most accurate and truthful thing I’ve seen on this thread.

• Like 2

The "Heirloom Situation" has already been solved. 5 or 6 folks can keep pushing a thread to 100 pages but the solution was already present on page 1.

The only situation going on now is how a few people don't understand that no response to mob-mentality-driven egotistical "I know better" posts is a response in and of itself.

• Like 4

people still trying to keep this "outrage" alive? 

I do wonder if it was financially successful for De though? Will they share that info with the community? or will it feel like gloating on their part?

Im all for them making more money. They deserve it and show no signs of abusing the community. 

Edited by Hypernaut1
  • Like 2