Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The price of Heirloom skins is incredibly disappointing.

Kymaeraa

53 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

A thread saying Heirloom skins should be playable frames is the same as one talking about pricing? Interesting take.

Except they said that it: "...would ultimately make the pack worth it and put it closer to the original founders packs."

It's the same as most of the threads that got merged here, discussing ways to solve the price/value "issue" some users have with it.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

Justified since it's literally the same topic.

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

39 minutes ago, trst said:

Except they said that it: "...would ultimately make the pack worth it and put it closer to the original founders packs."

It's the same as most of the threads that got merged here, discussing ways to solve the price/value "issue" some users have with it.

Yeah I'm kinda sick of seeing topics with an overarching theme not get merged. For example I've had to go through subsections on this forum where a topic regarding the follow through mechanic and the topic regarding stances - they were both about melee damage right? Why weren't they merged?! What is the deal with the AoE threads as well? Don't mods know melee is also AoE? Slap them all together!

At time of writing there are 5 QoL threads within the first 3 - 4 pages of General Discussion. Five you guys! It's fu.. it's rough out there. To make it worse, one of them is talking about more Riven slots, which we know there are already threads for. It is the wild west out there!

Ok so maybe discussions that clearly were touching on different subtopics all get thrown together due to an overarching theme and sure, following discussion within the newly merged threads makes it look like various people can't stay on topic, since the different threads actually did have different points of discussion and topics despite the overarching topic, but that's a price worth paying if we want... uh... to see the posts at the bottom of page one be a few days old? 

Anyway forums are no place for different topics to be discussed in different threads if there's an overarching theme. It's pretty obvious.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Silligoose said:

Yeah I'm kinda sick of seeing topics with an overarching theme not get merged. For example I've had to go through subsections on this forum where a topic regarding the follow through mechanic and the topic regarding stances - they were both about melee damage right? Why weren't they merged?! What is the deal with the AoE threads as well? Don't mods know melee is also AoE? Slap them all together!

At time of writing there are 5 QoL threads within the first 3 - 4 pages of General Discussion. Five you guys! It's fu.. it's rough out there. To make it worse, one of them is talking about more Riven slots, which we know there are already threads for. It is the wild west out there!

Ok so maybe discussions that clearly were touching on different subtopics all get thrown together due to an overarching theme and sure, following discussion within the newly merged threads makes it look like various people can't stay on topic, since the different threads actually did have different points of discussion and topics despite the overarching topic, but that's a price worth paying if we want... uh... to see the posts at the bottom of page one be a few days old? 

Anyway forums are no place for different topics to be discussed in different threads if there's an overarching theme. It's pretty obvious.

Except this is a topic that spawned dozens of threads in a very short time period. And everything there is to say on it has already been said plus there's not anything more to discuss on it since DE already made their "solution" so everything else players are suggesting simply isn't happening. Also the best thing about it all is that this is General Discussion and not the feedback forums.

If topics like this weren't merged then this sub would be unusable for anything else until it all dies down and it makes it harder for devs to find any relevant information if they did want to look here for it. If all the threads here remained separate you'd just find the same users rehashing the same arguments back and forth in all of them which just further drowns out any actually useful feedback.

Meanwhile topics like "QoL suggestions" can be about virtually anything and should actually be put in the feedback forums they pertain to. And both those and posts talking about specific mechanics don't stick around for days/weeks clogging up the forum feed.

8 minutes ago, trst said:

Except this is a topic that spawned dozens of threads in a very short time period. And everything there is to say on it has already been said plus there's not anything more to discuss on it since DE already made their "solution" so everything else players are suggesting simply isn't happening. Also the best thing about it all is that this is General Discussion and not the feedback forums.

If topics like this weren't merged then this sub would be unusable for anything else until it all dies down and it makes it harder for devs to find any relevant information if they did want to look here for it. If all the threads here remained separate you'd just find the same users rehashing the same arguments back and forth in all of them which just further drowns out any actually useful feedback.

Meanwhile topics like "QoL suggestions" can be about virtually anything and should actually be put in the feedback forums they pertain to. And both those and posts talking about specific mechanics don't stick around for days/weeks clogging up the forum feed.

I'm with you! If there are dozens of threads spawned in a short time with an overarching theme slap them all together! Let's be honest though - they aren't all saying the same thing, but who cares if there are nuanced, or even not-so-nuanced differences? We can find a way in which they are the same and as such they should be merged, obviously.

Of course you also make the point that this is General Discussion, not feedback, and obviously there is also nothing to discuss, just like you said, because DE has decided on a solution and that means no one can discuss the situation at all anymore. That's a point that was made.

I know I find it hard to scroll down the first page and skip threads regarding topics I'm not interested in. Heaven forbid I have to go to page 2 - it was an absolute nightmare going to page 3 or 4 earlier.

Who's to say whether it is easier to open a thread about Heirlooms and see the discussion within that thread is about lack of value due to Regal Aya, then open a second thread which discusses the idea of having new variants of the warframes in the package to give it more value then a third thread which discusses another aspect, as opposed to just smashing those threads together and having the discussions regarding the different talking points be all over the place? I find this quite the conundrum... I got it.1 is less than 3, so that makes it easier - let's just throw all the threads together, then the devs only need to click one thread. Sure then they have to guess which pages within the merged thread contains new aspects that were discussed and will notice various topics being scattered throughout the thread, but 1 is less than 3. The math checks out.

I think you are reaching a little with the final paragraph - QoL is QoL. It's like EXACTLY the same thing and we shouldn't really be trying to murky the water with things like "subtopics".

I do unfortunately have to disagree with you though when it comes to where players post - if the "QoL suggestion "threads are posted with the idea for the topic to be discussed amongst the community, it should be in General Discussion. if the idea behind the thread is for it to be a suggestion presented to DE, it should be in Feedback.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

Just gonna wait for the next [DE]ncent shenanigan after the Regal Aya and Heirloom Pack dumpster fire. It's very clear [DE]ncent will just go even further down this path.

Further down what path? From regal Aya to this doesn't seem like that much of a slide. The panic is silly.  It also ignores all of the positive moves they have made.

Edited by Hypernaut1
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Further down what path? From regal Aya to this doesn't seem like that much of a slide. The panic is silly.  It also ignores all of the positive moves they have made.

Dude, its the [DE]vil's work.

[DE]A is going to do the outmost to rob us of our wallets when they Launch Mad[DE]n 2025 and then the same game every year after.

Predatory microtransactions worth of Rockstar [DE]mes.

Gathering Le GROFIT of Activision [DE]lizard.

Just like when [DE]rfect World got [DE], we know it was a matter of time.

They will turn Warframe into a Mobile Game, dude. A MOBILE GAME. Soon, PCs and Consoles will be discontinued because of how much costly it is and go full on Mobile because WE ALL HAVE PHONES!

[DE]ablo Immoral shall weep in envy.

We have been going down this path with FOMO since [DE]xcaliber Primus, the predatory fiends.

On a serious note: Its like Jim Sterling said so many years ago: "The community is divided on DE are either the last good guys in the gamming industry or Warframe is a cynical cashgrab and Digital Extremes are cold, heartless monsters."

We see those posts come at regular intervals.

When PWE got DE we had people saying the game would become predatory, when 10cent got it we had the same thing. Years passed, many money only accessories later, this collection was what took to bring the Tencent debacle back in. We even had the Founder's Program be bought back as a FOMO, as in "It wasnt in a moment of desperation, it was full on MALICE" intent behind it.

Poke fun at it. Poke it. Poke it a lot. Poke with your long poker while playing poker and eating porky.

• Like 4

On 2023-09-26 at 7:51 AM, (PSN)DottedOut said:

Well said… This comment was the most accurate and truthful thing I’ve seen on this thread.

I've added more on other threads, but DE's management team has been aggressive in making it clear that the Heirloom Pack is gonna stay this way and it's gonna come back again even worse.

Pretty sure I've offered not one, but three VERY FEASIBLE solutions that would appease everyone-- but the mod team doesn't like that. For what reason?
What they say it's "rudeness", but how else am I supposed to react to genuine feedback to something disgusting getting nuked with further insults?
A "thank you for shredding my opinion, I'll go sit in the corner now"? Real solid vibes there, team. Positivity always wins, right?
I know you're all reading this anyway, but seriously. You can't make a "positive space" if there's no negativity, because than it just digs in further to where you can't reach. That's just humanity in a nutshell.

Well, whatever. Not the topic, I suppose. If they're gonna nuke something with that pretense, hit the spots that actually matter and leave the important bits.
Or just tell me what parts to censor if anything. I'd rather keep the genuinely good stuff over losing the extra annoyance... but just like the early-game experience without a Wiki, I just have to keep missing shots until one of them hits.

One of those solutions. was to simply remove the FOMO-timer and give a variant of the existing skins to the players who wanted to keep their "exclusive skin" that shows they can still keep their "exclusivity".... only the skins too. The emote, accolade and whatever else can stay as is.
(Though I'd like to remove ALL the time-limited things in the game, we'll take the bits of priority first.)

• Keeps their "muh exclusives" to those who actually care for that ego-fueling drivel.
  • Allows DE to set a different precedent for future Heirloom Packs.
  • Allows them to readjust the prices and packs without breaking too much.
  • We can remove that needless timer.
  • Everyone's a winner.

... but yeah, DE is slowly having that money-themed tree-tap wedged into their foundation and Tennocent is looking to devour it.
At least, I want to assume it's Tennocent's "all consuming appetite" doing this and not DE's usual fumbling of seemingly random things.

Oh well. Just another infraction on the list of "reasons to drop Warframe".
I think I'll need to organize it though considering I'm running out of room to write more.
Not that I'm allowed to say 80% of 'em.

• Like 3

On 2023-09-29 at 1:02 PM, Hypernaut1 said:

they have done alot of good but that doesnt mean we should be veary of changes that can become a issue in the future, nor be silent with critique. I dont want DE to end up in the garbage can like EA, Activision, blizzard and other absolute cashgrab companies that put out a product worth 10€ but costs 10x and feature alot of anti consumer practices.

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Blizzard is now copying this kind of scummy behaviour. They've done exactly the same thing in Overwatch 2:

• They have released 2 premium skins that can only be sold for real currency, not for the premium in-game currency that people have farmed for or bought
  • They are only selling the 2 skins as a pack and won't let you but skins separately

Sounds familiar?

I so much hope DE will walk back this stupidity instead of becoming the new Activision Blizzard (which ironically now is Microsoft). DE should allow people to buy the skins with plat and sell them separately. I'm okay with exorbitant plat prices (like 2k for a skin or something)

• Like 2

vor 10 Minuten schrieb DandyDev:

Well, Blizzard is now copying this kind of scummy behaviour. They've done exactly the same thing in Overwatch 2:

• They have released 2 premium skins that can only be sold for real currency, not for the premium in-game currency that people have farmed for or bought
  • They are only selling the 2 skins as a pack and won't let you but skins separately

Sounds familiar?

I so much hope DE will walk back this stupidity instead of becoming the new Activision Blizzard (which ironically now is Microsoft). DE should allow people to buy the skins with plat and sell them separately. I'm okay with exorbitant plat prices (like 2k for a skin or something)

Ferrari did the same... the Enzo was incredibly overpriced for a car. SCAM! And they even used FOMO, because the Enzo only had a limited edition. But at least they did not bundle the car with an F40.

Sounds familiar?

• Like 1

On 2023-09-26 at 4:53 AM, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

Coming at MR30 means that you can't get any affinity from them, einstein lmao

You’re forgetting Umbra exists

Ignoring the fact that affinity and MR points are two different things… you receive Umbra and his weapon MAXED, and gain the corresponding mastery points as if you maxed him yourself. Insulting people when you didn’t think a response through is a downfall for many. Remember to think next time por favor.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, (XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA said:

Inb4 one or two people start bickering and rather than clean that up DE locks or deletes this entire thread and discussion about the heirloom rip off scam pack quietly goes away.

Well they already have a topic about it so this one is kinda redundant. Kinda surprised they haven't merged the two together yet. But considering they've made multiple statements on it, it really doesn't need to stay open anymore imo.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, (XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA said:

Inb4 one or two people start bickering and rather than clean that up DE locks or deletes this entire thread and discussion about the heirloom rip off scam pack quietly goes away.

There's no reason for it to not go away already.

DE made their statement and correction, this thread has "died" multiple times (and would have done so much sooner without all the merging), the announcement thread is far more active, and the "backlash" itself has long since lost all steam.

At this point the whole thing is in the hands of the players bothered by it. DE won't make the correction they want with smaller bundles so now it's up to those players to actually vote with their wallets. And if need be to drop the game entirely should the next Heirloom/whatever bundle follow the same format.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

I would like to support this topic as well, although it is a late one.

i have been playing warframe for a long time, to a point where i once study the history of DE and warframe, how they had struggled against publishers, and how they gained supporters - to the point where they once made some gacha-like bundles; where they have received reports players been spending too much and they changed the system.

my point is, i respect their ideals so much & seeing DE still striving until today with their ways - although for some times they made mistakes, but still i hold myself to comment cause i believe they'll fix it or make it better - unlike many other devs and or publishers..

but, today is the disappointment is kinda huge. this is the 1st of my voice against DE's decision in this 10 year heirloom pack.

i have been on and off in wf, sometimes short time sometimes longer cause of some irl situations & works related. i just got back around 2 months agk, so i have been missing out the info regarding this pack.

when i saw players wearing frost skin i never seen in market, thats how i end up found out the pack.

still, on the shop page, i failed to see/find the countdown time. until i finally decide that this january 2024, i would like to grab it. then a player told me, its alr gone.

i am using frost as my main for a very long time, 2k hourplay, n 35% usage on frost.. and to know that i cant have this new collection for my fave frame.. is a huge disappointment.

i believe many other players who played longer and using frost as the main, and might be busy this year (2023), and probably didnt know about this matter until they return back to the game, just to find out that these collection is just a dream.

please, DE.. have you forgotten your origin..

best regards

• Like 3

Heirloom Bundle is vaulted and gone forever now 

so everyone can finally move on 

you didn’t miss out on much really

they will probably add even better looking Tennogen skins in the ingame store for platinum at some point or something 

people that bought the heirloom bundle mostly did it to support the game like me the stuff was extra bonus items 

after 10 years of playing warframe I love the game enough to support it 

they could have just given me a Sigil I still would have bought it because that money goes towards helping the game grow 

and like I said Tennogen will probably release something way better at some point 

so everyone relax 

Edited by Ersedu
Edited to elaborate

3 hours ago, Ersedu said:

Heirloom Bundle is vaulted and gone forever now 

so everyone can finally move on 

you didn’t miss out on much really

they will probably add even better looking Tennogen skins in the ingame store for platinum at some point or something 

people that bought the heirloom bundle mostly did it to support the game like me the stuff was extra bonus items 

after 10 years of playing warframe I love the game enough to support it 

they could have just given me a Sigil I still would have bought it because that money goes towards helping the game grow 

and like I said Tennogen will probably release something way better at some point 

so everyone relax 

It's still in the market for me and my date is the 2 January 2024, I'd say it will get removed once DE is back from their break.