Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

I have been here for nine years and this is a new low.

I actually really love that Frost skin too! Y'all did some great work on this bundle.

But I don't play Mag and I don't want Regal Aya. To me this change demonstrates a lack of care and reception towards the community you've spent so much time building up. It's also a big reason why I couldn't get into Warf in the early years, because of stingy and anti-player monetization like this. It would be wonderful if the skins were purchasable separately or if the pack was available for Platinum, it's just too much the way you've released it here.

Y'all are better than this, I sincerely believe that. But as it is I'll be letting this unwarranted timed exclusive pass because it's just not worth it.

• Like 18

6 minutes ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

No, the truth would simply be easier to create a different package apart from the ones that are already there

Yeah if you were to risk legal investigation. Like you do realize trade laws exist, right? It's the same reason DE can not re-release the founders program either, as trade laws legally bind them. This is not an evaluation of how things should be but the simple truth of how things are. They suck, yes, and that is all the more reason further consideration should have been had and that's on DE. But I can be pretty confident saying DE nor any other company would be willing to break laws just because they made a bad judgement.

Edited by BETAOPTICS
  • Like 1

Same thing as last time with Aya just them and tencent trying to see what they can get away with sorry but you can't justify a skin in a game that offers no benefit except fashion being 80$ you can get any game on any console or even pc for that they are 20$ each max nothing more stop letting tencent stear you down their crappy business model cuz the end result isn't good 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

Are you serious here? I'm now more valuate then founders... I'm still here, spending my money... after 10 years!

The audacity to say you're better than founders who i might add without them this game wouldn't have continued past 2014 and you wouldn't be here playing it

• Like 7

I miss when Warframe genuinely felt like it had the end goal of making an awesome game with profit being a means to sustain that goal, instead of how it's now very obviously all about profit and the quality of the game and community is very, very secondary.

You know the issue wasn't the platinum amount, we know you know that. So why are you treating us like idiots? Have you really lost all respect for your player base and your own game as an art form rather than a cash machine?

• Like 14

13 minutes ago, LoopStricken said:

If I played PoE and they did this, I'd complain.

They've been doing this for years, every single season, 4 times a year. With every season there are supporter packs that contain armor sets, skins, special effects and decorations (all cosmetic only) and the pack also contains PoE currency (Points). It's virtually the same thing, almost seems like DE tried to copy them. However, Warframe community is much more sensitive it seems. PoE players are more understanding of the importance to support the gamedeveloper that provides them with endless free content it seems.

.. Nobody asked for more Plat, honestly. We only asked for a lower price, as 80€ is WAAY too much, as this is a Price for a whole Deluxe Game/Pre-Order Game (Example: Resident Evil 4 Remake, Baldur's Gate 3, Dead Space Remake etc.). This is way to much for 2 Skins that people only care about in the whole package and nothing else. Sure, the Skins look amazing but DE, this is way to much. Especially since many people are probably in dept now after Tennocon, Prime Packages etc.

Also many people like me, want only one skin and not both. I want the Mag Skin, as i don't care much about the Frost one. But charging us for a Pack that cost an entire Game by itself is WAY to much.

• Like 17

1 minute ago, BETAOPTICS said:

Yeah if you were to risk legal investigation. Like you do realize trade laws exist, right? It's the same reason DE can not re-release the founders program either, as trade laws legally bind them. This is not an evaluation of how things should be but the simple truth of how things are. They suck, yes and that is all the more reason further consideration should have been had and that's on DE. But I can be pretty confident saying DE nor any other company would be willing to break laws just because they made a bad judgement.

Making excuses 😴 

• Like 3

Just now, Waeleto said:

deluxe skins =/= PRIME accessories 

yes, but heirlooms are effectively prime access/founder's pack 10th anniversary edition. 

Khora Prime for example had a unique helmet exclusive to PA buyers.

Signas are effectively prime accessories. 

The only difference is that instead of getting the primes you're getting regal aya for the primes.

Now, I'm not defending de outright, I would want DE to make seperate bundles/packs like Prime Vault/Resurgence as well.

• Like 1

Just now, Yousho said:

I miss when Warframe genuinely felt like it had the end goal of making an awesome game with profit being a means to sustain that goal, instead of how it's now very obviously all about profit and the quality of the game and community is very, very secondary.

You know the issue wasn't the platinum amount, we know you know that. So why are you treating us like idiots? Have you really lost all respect for your player base and your own game as an art form rather than a cash machine?

It's because platinum is the easiest solution for them to try.

Everything else involving changing the packages and the terms of the bundles/skins is doing actual hard work with refunds.

• Like 5

While this is a good step to adding value to the overall price being sunk into this, this does not address a few very material and direct concerns with the pack:

1. I'm not alone in saying that I don't want the Regal Aya or the platinum:  I want the skins.  I, personally, only want one of them, and that is it.
  2. FOMO-driven, limited time cosmetics are bad.  It was thought this lesson was learned years ago when deluxe skin bundles had their timers removed.
  3. Prestige cosmetics have no place in Warframe.  Charging this much money for people who only want one skin and/or no Regal Aya or platinum attached are being forced to either miss out on something they really want -- in a game where the crux of word of mouth on monetization and cosmetics is that it has been fair and affordable for players-- is bad.  There's not even alternate animations or power VFX to spice them up even more.
  4. Comparing this to Prime Access is a stance with a flawed premise from the jump:   You are able to earn the bulk of a Prime Access bundle in-game for free or through trade with other players.  You cannot earn these skins in-game through effort or trading.
  5. The 10 Year accolade should not be sold for $30US.  Speaks for itself:  If you have ten years on your account, you should get it.

I've played this game for the last ten years.  I love it, play it regularly, and I am excited for the future content still to come for Warframe.  Yet still I strongly feel that if this is an experiment?

It's an abject failure.

Edited by feralknights
  • Like 26

As someone who bought almost every single Prime Access in 2021-2022, what am I supposed to do with Regal Aya when I already own every Prime item in the game??  Cosmetics and weapons included.  I think I'm literally waiting for Nezha Prime Resurgence for the ephemera and that's it (and I've been waiting awhile). 

I think based on feedback from friends and what I've read, here are my thoughts:

• Split up the bundles as you would with prime access packs. 
  • Don't combine skins.  We don't currently see them only as a set for Prime Resurgence (remember that Regal Aya?)
  • I did buy the most expensive pack and I really don't care if it's limited edition or not. 
  • Provide cheaper "halo" options for plat for the general player base.
  • Don't release limited color pallets like the Narmar Pallet for anything other than in game plat.  Make them always available.
  • Make the heirloom skins allow the toggle of "Prime Details" like we can for TennoGen skins.  I was very disappointed to see this wasn't an option.
Edited by RocaFlocaFlame
  • Like 12

1 minute ago, BETAOPTICS said:

Yeah if you were to risk legal investigation. Like you do realize trade laws exist, right? It's the same reason DE can not re-release the founders program either, as trade laws legally bind them. This is not an evaluation of how things should be but the simple truth of how things are. They suck, yes and that is all the more reason further consideration should have been had and that's on DE. But I can be pretty confident saying DE nor any other company would be willing to break laws just because they made a bad judgement.

Bundling the stuff people want with stuff that's not wanted but is technically expensive so they can mark up prices significantly is actually illegal in some places and could absolutely get them in trouble already. Releasing the skins separately and undoing the timed exclusivity, and refunding anyone who bought in because of the predatory tactic of making skins only available in a super expensive bundle is the right move in all circumstances.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

This is not an acceptable response. I'm cancelling my artbook order. I cannot support this kind of monetization and will vote with my wallet accordingly. You have learned nothing.

XjR1l4x.png

zTKi0Px.png

There are three core problems with these packs that you are not addressing:

The "10 year supporter" accolade being an exclusive part of the bundles is offensive.
I guess it doesn't matter to you that I bought $80 of Regal Aya and a $25 Tennocon ticket in 2021, and spent $140 for a Prime Access and $25 for another Tennocon ticket in 2022, and that I bought $80 more Regal Aya and yet another $25 Tennocon ticket earlier this year, and that bought a $180 artbook the second it was announced at Tennocon, nor does it matter to you that I've bought various Tennogen items and small amounts of plat here and there since 2013. Selling this accolade says loud and clear that you don't think anyone is a real "10 year supporter" unless they cough up another $30-$90 to show it. Frankly it's disgusting, and you're supposed to be better than this.

There is no reason for the Heirloom skins to be either cash-only exclusives or time limited exclusives.
There is nothing "heirloom" about the Heirloom skins besides the marketing surrounding them, they're just Deluxe skins same as any other. To illustrate this point, please identify the two skins that are different from the others:

SarynDeluxe.pngBeserkerDeluxe.pngGrendelNianSkin.pngFrostDeluxe.pngFrostHeirloomSkin.pngRhinoDeathwatchSkin.pngMagDeluxeSkin.pngMagHeirloomSkin.pngProteaCaladriusCollection.pngSentientVisionsDeluxeSkinCollection.pngExcaliburZatoSkin.png

They're just Deluxe skins. And all Deluxe skins have (up until now) shared these two very important properties:

1. They are always available on the ingame market for plat.
    Not one Deluxe skin has ever been a cash exclusive.
  2. They are never time limited exclusives.
    The very first two official Deluxe skins added in 2015 were time limited offerings, but after only a few months with the addition of Rhino Palatine you learned your lesson and made all Deluxe skins permanent market offerings, even the Proto Excalibur and Nyx Nemesis skins that predated them. They have all been this way since.

These packs encourage the same toxic elitism and harassment felt from and because of the Founders program still to this day.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/164ms5l/dont_be_a_$&*^_to_people_who_bought_the_heirlooms/

https://old.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/16394ip/it_has_come_to_my_attention_that_some_of_yall/

You can also find some posters here on the forums, though I won't name names, who have been engaging in negative behaviour speaking down to those that take issue with these packs.

There is not one single reason for the Heirloom skins to be cash-only FOMO exclusives, and they embody only the worst qualities of modern F2P monetization. To turn your back on eight years of fair monetization and "F2P done right" just to make a quick buck is wrong. It should be beneath you to resort to these sorts of tactics.

And, like, it's just bad press. Some of the top subreddit posts and news articles overshadowing an otherwise excellent Tennocon:

There was never a reason to have launched these collections the way they are. To leave them as is and not resolve these issues tells the community where your real priorities are.

I'd rather have skins that are timed exlusives rather than Prime warframes. 😴 You canceling your book just gave someone else the opportunity to get the book themselves :') RIP

• Like 1