The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

correct , overall i also recall minor IRL packs such as the deimos one with the carrion infested drone being time exclusive 

IIRC the lunar items such as lucky kavat statues and tiger floof are still exclusive to the bundles 

Reveal hidden contents

Warframe - New Lunar Skins & Decoration - YouTube

Which is all dumb. It was also a lesson DE was supposed to have learned from, given that all Lunar Renewal packs since the Lucky Kavat have contents that can be purchased individually.

• Like 4

if we have reached the era where 2 skins make as much as a triple a game, it means that the end has come for online games. And I thought that Bungie's 10th anniversary was bad, but apparently not. Why spoil the moment you gave us so much at tennocon 2023 just to show these hideous packages. if you want to go on the right path again you have to listen to the community because if it wasn't for us there wouldn't be you,

• Like 9

50 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

We missed the mark here and understand the feedback we're receiving because of it.

Oh cool! 

50 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

we have opted to increase the Platinum amounts in all Heirloom Packs. 

Guess not then.

52 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

We do not feel it would be fair to those who purchased an Heirloom Collection already

And that is why you released them early like this. Very clever DE, very clever...

• Like 14

27 minutes ago, Gladehart said:

Not to mention sometimes steam has a pending thing for approval/review on their system that can take 3-5 business days. So for all you know. The bundle you are wanting could already be in the works and you're tearing into them before it even drops.

If that was the case they would have told us, because it would literally answer and resolve the overwhelming majority disapproval, even if they told us they're still working it out first. 

• Like 3

I'm adding my two cents here because I want to repeat that this never should have happened in the first place.

I was there at Tennocon 2023. I paid for my ticket, my travel expenses, and I waited in line for hours to get that amazing artbook and soundtrack because I've loved the game for going on seven years now. The Heirloom packs being real money rather than in-game purchases was hard enough, but the price was - and still is - outrageous, and that's coming from someone who lives in Canada like you DE. $93 for skins and a supporter badge? What about all the merch purchases made at Tennocon 2023? If we were there in person, buying stuff in person, are we not supporters of a 10 year anniversary already? I can tell you that artbook was way more than the Heirloom pack and that should have come with a supporter badge if anything.

I just want to be one of the people to continue saying you could be better, and not changing the packs themselves and only adding more bloat does NOT change what was asked for.

Thank you for your time. Tennocon was a blast and it really sucks to have this bitter aftertaste from such an experience.

• Like 12

It's like you guys hear, but don't listen, you just cherry pick what you want to hear. We wanted an option with no regal aya & to lower the price of this freaking money pit you call a pack. Lower. The. Price! 90 dollars can get me so much more than just a bunch of cosmetics & no weapon cosmetics either. The most I'd pay for this cash grab or 'The Heirloom Pack' is 30 dollar, not 90 dollars, 30 dollars, that's it, that's all. I honestly think that's why you guys skipped doing the Q&A for this years Tennocon. Because you knew that people would grill you all live on stage for this metaphorical middle finger. And speaking of Tennocon, more Warframe, less Soulframe. Myself & alot of other people wanted to see more about Wafrrame instead of your Dark Souls clone. But no, you took time away from Warframe's stage time for a separate project that should've just had its own screen time that didn't take time away from what people wanted to see. The 'future' of Warframe. Well so far the only future I see is one of cheap, lazy cash grabs & things being nerfed into the ground when buffing everything else would've taken longer, sure. But it would've been the right thing to do. At least half the price of the Heirloom Pack. If not, then you people have learned nothing.

Edited by SafeRoom
  • Like 7

It's also unfair for the players to not have expectations for monetization. DE is still a company selling a product. People often forget that. This happens all too often with "free to play" games. DE has to do this so it can support itself for the next few years where they will be developing more of the game yall know and love so much. Nothing is free and certainly not a high quality product like Warframe. If people can't understand the true value of giving DE their money then so be it.

1 minute ago, ShardPerson said:

lowering prices =/= offering new bundle options

Lowering prices = altering the trade deal and that is illegal my friend.
For example if you go take a look at the prime access bundles, there is a reason why DE only made new bundles available when a new prime access came and not when a pack deal was already going. 

• Like 1

Dont get why people are complaining so much about a skin bundle you dont need to purchase for any sort of advantage, you get hundreds-thousands of hours of free gameplay a year yet complain over paying 70-90 dollars on cosmetics which arent needed to experience the game to any heightened level. The devs arent targeting us, and they arent tryna steal wallets or else they could be like every other dev team and have not done anything or said anything. Plus with how much charity they do year round are you really complaining that a free to play game which finds the time to donate large sums to noble causes, wants to make some money?

Ridiculous, the devs are trying their best <3

Edited by (NSW)CodeMouse
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, RX0UnicornGM said:

you people who are complaining about it being a FOMO tactic you need to get your heads out of your asses and understand that 10 year anniversaries don't stay once it's over so the fact that they are time limited is completely fine especially since from what I was informed they will not disappear until the end of the year so still plenty of time to get them think about Excal prime guess what that was a time exclusive and guess what it was top support the devs so here you people are complaining about how you wanted cheaper packs and you don't like some of the stuff in the packs and how it's time limited how about you think about the fact that the game has survived 10 years and is still going strong with so much more yet to come as well as supporting 2 skin devs that left and came back to celebrate the 10 years that it's been going for and stop complaining every 5 seconds about really petty and shocking stuff I missed excal prime because I didn't know about the game but you don't see me complaining about how I want it or anything grow up and just be happy for the devs and the team ffs because seeing all this is getting tiresome also you do realize that 98% of DE is owned by the Chinese company Tencent so some of the choices may not even be completely DE's choosing

So do you just not get what fomo is? 

• Like 13

Either add the skins and accessories to the $30 pack or remove it.  No one is gonna buy it, and it only serves as a 'start by asking for a pony' but in reverse, by making the $70 pack look more paletable.  You know that the only thing we care about are those items.  Stop playing games.

Edited by Urrigon
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

PoE players are more understanding of the importance to support the gamedeveloper that provides them with endless free content it seems.

If you're suggesting DE is hard-up for money, might I point out that they're developing at least two games and just hosted a convention.

• Like 10

This is not what we've been asking for at all. In fact, this change is now only adding to the feeling of FOMO.

This is the opposite of what we've all been discussing would be a better change.

It's clear that the entirely wrong lesson has been learned, or worse, the point intentionally ignored.

Edited by OSDevon
  • Like 19

No, horrible horrible solution! We don't need more plat in the bundle. This doesn't make it any less predatory. What we need is the removal of the time limitation/FOMO, lower prices, the ability to get the items separately from the big bundles and not more of what inflated these ridiculous prices in the first place. If you can't do all of these, at least do some of them.

You don't celebrate 10 years of Warframe by ripping of your loyal players. It's clear these packs are targeted at veterans but vets don't want nor need plat and regal aya. This isn't fixed by repeating what helped with the regal aya issues back then. I am disappointed in how the actual issues were neglected and in the players who carelessly cheer this on. This is not a direction I would want Warframe to go into. Please DE, do better! We know you can.

• Like 18

Getting almost four times the platinum is plenty for me personally. Granted it's not all I wish they'd have done but at that amount I'm alright with it.

The value for money is no longer insulting. So I might buy it once they've hotfixed in the additional plat.

• Like 3

The Zenith Pack costs 81€ and gives as much Plat as the 90€ Plat Pack. Dope.

The Risen Pack costs 27€ and gives 800 Plat, for a cost of 3.375c per Plat. Even the best value regular Plat Pack cost more at 4.186c per Plat. Dope!

But the Celestial Pack offers only 800p, a cost of 7.875c per Plat. It'd be great if it had its Plat increased to be more in line with its cost as well. That'd be 1500-1600p if my math isn't wrong.

~

Other than that, I'd really want to see the "buy now before it's gone!!" FOMO bs gone.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, RallenCaptura said:

No, horrible horrible solution! We don't need more plat in the bundle. This doesn't make it any less predatory. What we need is the removal of the time limitation/FOMO, lower prices, the ability to get the items separately from the big bundles and not more of what inflated these ridiculous prices in the first place. If you can't do all of these, at least do some of them.

You don't celebrate 10 years of Warframe by ripping of your loyal players. It's clear these packs are targeted at veterans but vets don't want nor need plat and regal aya. This isn't fixed by repeating what helped with the regal aya issues back then. I am disappointed in how the actual issues were neglected and in the players who carelessly cheer this on. This is not a direction I would want Warframe to go into. Please DE, do better! We know you can.

Lowering the price would lead to a lawsuit

• Like 3

Just now, Gladehart said:

Lowering the price would lead to a lawsuit

3 minutes ago, BETAOPTICS said:

Lowering prices = altering the trade deal and that is illegal my friend.
For example if you go take a look at the prime access bundles, there is a reason why DE only made new bundles available when a new prime access came and not when a pack deal was already going. 

Oh please

is that all you care about?

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 7