The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's beyond time that extractions were made individual

Hexerin

There's no legitimate reason for one chuckle#*!% extracting to pull the rest of the squad out of the mission against their own wills. Normal star chart endless missions (Survival, Defense, etc) already have this feature, so the tech already exists ingame and the only thing that needs to be done is to make it also apply to all other mission types.

• Like 7

This is one of those multi-year old feedback points that has long become a "beaten dead horse" topic like Universal Vacuum. You're not wrong or anything in that individual extraction is good to have in all areas of the game, but I just wanted to welcome you to the waiting club for this kind of painfully-old feedback.

Surely it will happen one day, like the 8 years it took to detach Syndicate Sigils from standing earnings.

Maybe one day I'll get around to documenting them all in one post for people to easily reference.

• Like 6

The issue is that there's two solutions to adding such a feature.

One is making it automatic. The big problem there is that you then have the Zariman/OW Bounty issue where the host can leave in an instant and everyone gets hit with a host migration. And even if migrations were always reliable it's still going to force players into unnecessary waiting.

And two is making it work like endless missions. The problem there is that you're now adding several seconds to the end of every mission. Which will quickly add up to a LOT of wasted time especially when considering Fissure grinds (which also present an additional problem with reward selection).

So however such a feature was put in it's going to cause problems for all players all the time. And all at the slight convenience for players who're choosing to do side objectives and who don't keep up with the squad in the process.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

Might as well allow players to extract mid mission without finishing the objective. "I'm just here for 2 Argon Crystals. I got them in 10 seconds. Why do I need to kill 50 more enemy just to extract?"

What kind of broken ass logic led you to this?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

Might as well allow players to extract mid mission without finishing the objective. "I'm just here for 2 Argon Crystals. I got them in 10 seconds. Why do I need to kill 50 more enemy just to extract?"

Lmao, what, mid-mission extraction will result in mission failure on your part and loss of rewards.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, trst said:

The issue is that there's two solutions to adding such a feature.

One is making it automatic. The big problem there is that you then have the Zariman/OW Bounty issue where the host can leave in an instant and everyone gets hit with a host migration. And even if migrations were always reliable it's still going to force players into unnecessary waiting.

And two is making it work like endless missions. The problem there is that you're now adding several seconds to the end of every mission. Which will quickly add up to a LOT of wasted time especially when considering Fissure grinds (which also present an additional problem with reward selection).

So however such a feature was put in it's going to cause problems for all players all the time. And all at the slight convenience for players who're choosing to do side objectives and who don't keep up with the squad in the process.

I second this. All there that's left is to make sure the whole squad have the same goal in a mission - which leads to inviting friends/making a premade squad, or just going solo.

Honestly I've been suffering doing stuff with randoms too, then when my friends are online, all is good in the world.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, (PSN)IdoThea said:

I can already see host migrations failing and people losing their rewards. 😃

literally though, you can already experience individual extraction in the game:

the zariman.

go do some exterminate bounties! i literally just lost my loot because the host individual-extracted and the host migration failed. 

@Hexerinhave you attempted to farm zariman yet? 

• Like 1

I just wonder why someone would jump into a group if they are looking for loot or something else that makes their personal mission not line up with a speed clear? I know I sure as hell wouldnt jump into a group to chase loot with an individual extraction system, since if I'm there for the loot I really dont want the hostmigladon to accidentally eat it all.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, SDGDen said:

literally though, you can already experience individual extraction in the game:

the zariman.

go do some exterminate bounties! i literally just lost my loot because the host individual-extracted and the host migration failed. 

@Hexerinhave you attempted to farm zariman yet? 

Yeah, solo extraction is very annoying in Zariman. You get a host migration even at the end of a mission. 

6 hours ago, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

Because this discussion isn't about solo extraction. It's about getting the loot then going away as soon as possible without considering other players.

You cannot extract without first finishing the objective of the mission. That would be called aborting. If the mission objective is finished you should have all the right to extract by yourself and others should be able to choose whether to stay or leave without impacting each other. 

Leaving a mission halfway is not the same as leaving it after the objective is finished, because that means the mission is finished.

19 hours ago, Hexerin said:

There's no legitimate reason for one chuckle#*!% extracting to pull the rest of the squad out of the mission against their own wills. Normal star chart endless missions (Survival, Defense, etc) already have this feature, so the tech already exists ingame and the only thing that needs to be done is to make it also apply to all other mission types.

Come up with a way to avoid host migrations.  Even with the solo extractions we have now they're a problem, adding this feature to every other mission type will make it so much worse.  

3 hours ago, FiveN9ne said:

You cannot extract without first finishing the objective of the mission. That would be called aborting. If the mission objective is finished you should have all the right to extract by yourself and others should be able to choose whether to stay or leave without impacting each other. 

Leaving a mission halfway is not the same as leaving it after the objective is finished, because that means the mission is finished.

A normal star chart mission takes less than 5 minutes to complete. It takes only two players for the auto exgtract to kick in then another minute of waiting for the mission to end. Point being is going into a public matchmaking, not everybody has the same goal. How long can a person tolerate until said individual no longer care about the other team mates?

• Like 2

vor 21 Stunden schrieb (PSN)IdoThea:

I can already see host migrations failing and people losing their rewards. 😃

Basically this.. with horse migration not working 100% I'll always be against stuff like this.. the fact others (hosts) can decide on will, in survival for example, if I get rewards or if I'll be able to continue (like missions bugging out) is just bad.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

A normal star chart mission takes less than 5 minutes to complete. It takes only two players for the auto exgtract to kick in then another minute of waiting for the mission to end. Point being is going into a public matchmaking, not everybody has the same goal. How long can a person tolerate until said individual no longer care about the other team mates?

And if the other players decide they want to go for another 5 minutes and you don't you effectively become their prisoner. So you either abort or wait for them to extract. This is bad design.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FiveN9ne said:

And if the other players decide they want to go for another 5 minutes and you don't you effectively become their prisoner. So you either abort or wait for them to extract. This is bad design.

this is why only endless missions have individual extraction. 

in things like exterminate, it's a problem because of people leaving individually rather than waiting for the rest of the team (which is only 30 seconds behind at most), resulting in the entire rest of the team getting host migrated which means they lose time and might lose their loot. 

6 hours ago, FiveN9ne said:

This already happens a lot in Steel Path Incursions. 30 second Capture mission turns into 10 minutes of waiting for Acolytes. This is the reason why DE gave players the option for Solo play. Great feature. Anybody at any skill level can complete missions solo. They just choose not to. They rather have human interactions with all the rick involve with other humans.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, FiveN9ne said:

I think having such a simple matchmaking system is the poor design.  There is no way for RPUG's to match goals in this game, so who you get, is who you get and you have to navigate that.  If DE implemented a system that let's you choose between a few options, like completing just the mission objective or "just unlocking" it would help lesson this issue. 

• Like 3