Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

In game report/Party Kick

ShadowStarx1

The only way such systems would work is if players who make false reports/unwarranted kicks get severely punished. As even your claimed issue would be an abuse of such a system if there wasn't absolute proof of someone intentionally sacking the mission. As someone simply making a mistake or being bad at the game isn't a reason to kick or report them.

• Like 16

Just leave yourself. There is no way to implement system that is not possible to be abused.

Look at mobas. People report everyone who they do not agree with and you can get chat banned for abusive language (silenced), even though you have chat disabled.

2 hours ago, ShadowStarx1 said:

like say the Archon spy which is ruined by those who fliprun though and set off all the traps and alarms which causes autofail.

Do not run sortie/archon spy or any mission that can be failed, in public. 

• Like 14

4 hours ago, ShadowStarx1 said:

We NEED means to both kick players from party and and In-Game report function to BOOT the jerks who screw up missions

like say the Archon spy which is ruined by those who fliprun though and set off all the traps and alarms which causes autofail.

It's never going to happen, it'll be too open to abuse.

I always do the first spy part SOLO and stops players who don't know how to do it stuffing up your run, then I go back to pub squad.

Here have a hug 4Gc31u4.gifsuck it up and get on with it. 

All the past threads in the past wanted kick options, the same as

hoZSwNp.gif

Just did a sortie interception where an afk revenant let his point get captured and repeatedly died due to not moving for the entire mission.

is it annoying? Yes

is it new? No

Will it happen again? Yes

Do what i did and report and move on, pubs will be pubs. You add a kick function and it would be abused to heck.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, ShadowStarx1 said:

We NEED means to both kick players from party and and In-Game report function to BOOT the jerks who screw up missions

Ah yes, the good old "I need to kick people I don't like from my missions for any reason I can imagine" request.

Been a short while since we've had one of these, was hoping we could go long.

First you can report players in game, and if you get evidence of their behavior (such as AFK or similar) then there's a good chance they'll be punished.

Second is that we do not need a way to ruin other peoples time simply because we either disagree with them, don't like them, or think it would be funny.
After all what would stop someone from kicking another person say 29 minutes into a survival run and losing them all progress?
Or what about being kicked on round 10 of the SP circuit, losing all the progress because the person who kicked you did it for the lulz?

The only time you should be able to boot someone is in the orbiter lobby before the mission even starts, after that it's way to abuse-able and will cause way more harm than it could ever prevent.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Just leave yourself. There is no way to implement system that is not possible to be abused.

Look at mobas. People report everyone who they do not agree with and you can get chat banned for abusive language (silenced), even though you have chat disabled.

This right here. Could you imagine if the same kickbot rules/guidelines in region chat was used for this? Oh god, it would be an absolute nightmare.

In-game report system already exists.  You can access it from the chat pane and the Friends menu.

However, when you create a kick system, you create an avenue for abuse and harassment.  That's why it should never happen.

If you don't want to be in a group with someone, leave.  Anyone you still want to play with can leave to and you can regroup.  A kick system would add mild convenience to this process at a terrible cost to the community.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, trst said:

The only way such systems would work is if players who make false reports/unwarranted kicks get severely punished. As even your claimed issue would be an abuse of such a system if there wasn't absolute proof of someone intentionally sacking the mission. As someone simply making a mistake or being bad at the game isn't a reason to kick or report them.

I agree.  The level of abuse would be insane.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, (NSW)Royal_Elf_Mika said:

kick systems seem very abusable in warframe,

1. -sees a MR 8 player- "I dont want to play with a new player" -kicks MR 8 player-

2. "that guy isnt using a Meta build" -kicks-

3. "i dislike that frame/weapon" -kicks-

"I don't like how this person isn't doing all the work for me" *kick* 

"I don't like how this person didn't revive me" *kick* 

'I'm mad because this person died in arbis/archon hunts" *kick*

• Like 2

10 hours ago, (NSW)Royal_Elf_Mika said:

1. -sees a MR 8 player- "I dont want to play with a new player" -kicks MR 8 player-

"This guy is killing too fast/too slow" *kick*

"This guy is sprinting through the level too fast/too slow" *kick*

"This guy isn't camping survival exactly how I want to" *kick*

"Wouldn't it be funny if they lost two hours of SP Circuit progress?" *kick*

And there would be little to nothing that could be done to rectify the issues caused, or prevent the issues.
Either you put in so many restrictions that it's impossible to actually use but doesn't allow abuse....or you've just created a far worse problem in the game.

• Like 3

Add a kick system? No, that would be a bad idea.

Improve the ignore feature to prevent ignored players from joining your squad (and prevent matchmaking from putting you in a squad they're in)? Absolutely. Add a feature to filter what frames you're willing to play alongside, preventing those frames from joining your squad (and preventing matchmaking from putting you in a squad they're in)? Also a great option. Both of these together would give players the ability to fine tune their public play, mitigating frustration and issues.

14 hours ago, (NSW)Royal_Elf_Mika said:

Freaking elves, always being more attractive than others in the group! *kick*

Search is your friend. This has been discussed to death, resurrected, banished, reincarnated, nuked, reassembled atom by atom, and chopped into 1000 pieces and mailed to random addresses. It will never happen because it would be abused.

• Like 3

once again, we have a person not understanding how public games work... I still think we need a disclaimer for these people..

personally I run Perspicacity for any Archon Spy missions, then just remove it afterwards; it's not that expensive and it saves a lot of risk/time with Narmer hacks (which sometimes only give like 4 seconds to do the hardest ones, which is stupid). doing them solo is also a better idea than going public if you can.

• Like 5

Have you ever been in a squad where you're the only survivor and players report / want to kick you for not reviving them?

Have you been in a squad with 3 players from other clans and you call out someone for being afk?

Have you been in a squad where you do the mission slighly different and an explanation as to why you do it gets you hate mobbed (for example you don't stick to 1 room in a survival or you put the core fuel into the colant system in a sabotage)

I have and your sugestion not only benefits afk gameplay, it enables them to do these fake reports on you.

You can report users if they intentionally fail missions (like attacking a terminal in mobile defense under the influence of radiation), but these might require video footage. The example you mentioned can't be recorded as they are often just mistakes and DE isn't going to punish)

Now, this is obvious, but that's not why i am here, i am here because i was "triggered".

2 years ago i did a giveaway disquised as a simple trade, it complied with the rules and all, the results of it are something your clan can take advantage even, but there were a few individuals that did share the hate mob mentality and did an unseen ammount of reports, incentivized others to do so or just didn't understand trading guidelines and rules, it is unknown the ammount of users punished by the nearly 2k ingame fake reports (this excludes the ones done directly in the forums and at support, which are unknown).

The users in question are not going to share the results of their endeavour (i mean, i'm here so that should tell you how it went), what irks me is that some of those users are posting IN THIS TOPIC with the entire "it's going to be abused"

"it's going to be abused" ?
Ofcourse it will, all kinds of fake reports should get consequences for that abuse and one way to prevent that is to KNOW exactly what is allowed and what isn't.

Users thinking they have the moral high ground going around telling other users that certain things are going to be abused, i mean seriously? Where were these users when users were being targeted with unjustified hate and hundreds of reports? Did they do anything to calm the community? Where they too busy?

OP, it will be abused and you can't just report willy nilly, otherwise you may lose access to support or other functions ingame, that will not punish the user in anyway for his mistake, even users in this topic know this 1st hand as i am here and some of the users making fake reports, aren't.