Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

That feeling when you lose a 2 hour Duviri run to a gamebreaking bug

Hexerin

vor 28 Minuten schrieb Hexerin:

And to rub salt in the wound, you get nothing from it, because apparently tracking your gains even on a per-stage basis is asking too much of DE. It tracks your focus gains just fine though, because that frelling matters, amirite?

There were also AUTO bans for long runs, because according to primitive software code this shouldn't be possible....................

For me it's over after 20 minutes. no desire for nonsense.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9AzF3JcIpa89859lBY8W

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chewarette said:

Duviri Experience ?

If so, all your rewards are "stored" every time you gain a decree, so you shouldn't have lost anything (whatever the End-of-Mission screen shows).

No, Circuit of course. Who the hell runs Experience for hours?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

No, Circuit of course. Who the hell runs Experience for hours?

Well people who want to get resources or intrinsics can.

Indeed for circuit that sucks. But I guess they don't want to implement the checkpoints for Circuit because it's part of the challenge to chose the correct moment when to leave instead of just going until you fail (as in ESO, but ESO only gives experience and some relics so who really cares). But considering the Circuit exp is so slow to get, they should just suck it and let us keep all, at least people will stop leaving every time they see defense or assassination

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Well people who want to get resources or intrinsics can.

You get far, far more of both in Circuit, and at a much, much faster rate. There's literally no meta reason to ever touch Experience other than getting clamps.

9 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

You get far, far more of both in Circuit, and at a much, much faster rate. There's literally no meta reason to ever touch Experience other than getting clamps.

Unless something has changed with Experience (didn't run it for a long time), I don't see how that would be even remotely possible. Intrinsics are extremely quick to get in Experience (vs 2 per round in Circuit), and resources in Circuit are clearly not crazy either. At the time I could reach the Decrees cap in Experience in less than a couple of hours (i.e. 140 or 150 intrincs equivalent before they added new decrees), which would take like double the time in Circuit if not more. And Circuit would not even give Duviri resources in parallel, except a handful of some (Marrow) but that's it

Experience also has the advantage of 3 guaranteed Arcanes, which you're limited to a handful in circuits (theoretically unlimited after R10 but the experience gains are so pathetic it's not really worth it).

Anyway, Experience has resources you can't get in Circuit so I'm not sure how we could even compare both.

And you can get your clamps in Lone Story, it's made for that specific purpose

Edited by Chewarette
  • Like 7

Honestly you probably have the community to blame for DE never implementing checkpointing. Enough time spent in the game's early years dealing with things like dataminers, code injections, outright cheating, and the still ongoing exploit chasing seems to have left DE paranoid. Hek it took hours for them to change Plague Star's score rewards after seeing players using abort strats which is something else DE has been fighting for years.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Unless something has changed with Experience (didn't run it for a long time), I don't see how that would be even remotely possible. Intrinsics are extremely quick to get in Experience (vs 2 per round in Circuit), and resources in Circuit are clearly not crazy either. At the time I could reach the Decrees cap in Experience in less than a couple of hours (i.e. 140 or 150 intrincs equivalent before they added new decrees), which would take like double the time in Circuit if not more. And Circuit would not even give Duviri resources in parallel, except a handful of some (Marrow) but that's it

Experience also has the advantage of 3 guaranteed Arcanes, which you're limited to a handful in circuits (theoretically unlimited after R10 but the experience gains are so pathetic it's not really worth it).

Anyway, Experience has resources you can't get in Circuit so I'm not sure how we could even compare both.

And you can get your clamps in Lone Story, it's made for that specific purpose

In the Circuit, every time you acquire a decree you get 3x intrinsics and a bundle of a random Duviri resource. The intrinsics don't scale, but IIRC the resource quantity scales up as you progress further (I haven't ever bothered to pay much attention, since I have basically infinite of all the Duviri resources already).

You get two decrees per stage, and each stage takes very little time if you're actually doing the objective. The Jackal fight is probably the potentially longest due to all the forced waiting, and it still takes less than 10 minutes even with a bad squad and/or poor decree luck (which is rare, since there's not many actual decrees).

I'm unaware of any resource that is exclusive to Experience other than clamps, feel free to give me an example and I'll check my resource stockpile. I've run Experience like... twice? Maybe three times? There's just no reason to really bother, nothing seems to consume the resources other than incarnon adapters.

Here, have an example of a decree payout. Stage 1, for reference.

Spoiler

027c69b6dec337a4b208ec1babb19fad.png

22 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

In the Circuit, every time you acquire a decree you get 3x intrinsics and a bundle of a random Duviri resource. The intrinsics don't scale, but IIRC the resource quantity scales up as you progress further (I haven't ever bothered to pay much attention, since I have basically infinite of all the Duviri resources already).

I'm unaware of any resource that is exclusive to Experience other than clamps, feel free to give me an example and I'll check my resource stockpile. I've run Experience like... twice? Maybe three times? There's just no reason to really bother, nothing seems to consume the resources other than incarnon adapters.

Thanks for the Intrinsics info, I didn't remember it was 3x per round (was it since the beginning ? Can't recall)

Regarding resources, if the wiki is up-to-date, I don't see the Silphsela, Tasoma or Ueymag as a possible Circuit drop, so they're possible Duviri-world-exclusive ?

I don't know if the Maw Fishing resource can drop in Circuit either, but I'm not even sure what this one is for. And I guess the Paragrimm's stuff too (but this is negligible as purely cosmetic

Edited by Chewarette

2 часа назад, Venus-Venera сказал:

There were also AUTO bans for long runs, because according to primitive software code this shouldn't be possible....................

For me it's over after 20 minutes. no desire for nonsense.

Those bans only affect the ability to trade with other players and last for 2 weeks. Nothing prevents you from continuing to play after getting such trade ban.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Thanks for the Intrinsics info, I didn't remember it was 3x per round (was it since the beginning ? Can't recall)

Regarding resources, if the wiki is up-to-date, I don't see the Silphsela, Tasoma or Ueymag as a possible Circuit drop, so they're possible Duviri-world-exclusive ?

I don't know if the Maw Fishing resource can drop in Circuit either, but I'm not even sure what this one is for. And I guess the Paragrimm's stuff too (but this is negligible as purely cosmetic

I've got tons of two of those, but zero of the Ueymag (which is apparently Kullervo exclusive, and I haven't touched his content yet). Looking at my stockpile, I'm reminded of Lamentus, which is absolutely exclusive to Experience ("rare" drop from the Duviri Dax soldiers). Enigma Gyrum are also exclusive, which come from those puzzles (they're used for Duviri themed furniture, which explains why I forgot about them as I dislike Duviri's aesthetic so don't care).

Spoiler

4f64df417ca3850d22645d06d869ead5.jpg

3 hours ago, Hexerin said:

And to rub salt in the wound, you get nothing from it, because apparently tracking your gains even on a per-stage basis is asking too much of DE. It tracks your focus gains just fine though, because that frelling matters, amirite?

It sucks. I had a similar experience a few months ago where objectives didn't spawn. Knew I'd have to abort and lose all resources, but contacted support to show my progress via screenshots while still in mission to see if something can be done and the resources saved. It seems DE ties support's hands in these matters, but at least support offered me some recompense, which I appreciated.

DE is aware of these systems that punish players for mission failure due to bugs, but they continue to roll out content with bugs and continue to make use of these systems. It is, in part, why I'm so negative regarding their offerings and practices of late.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

I've got tons of two of those, but zero of the Ueymag (which is apparently Kullervo exclusive, and I haven't touched his content yet).

as a heads up, Ueymag are large cactus plants that are pretty hard to miss: you can find them both on Kullervo's hold (island that only appears during Anger, Sorrow and Fear cycles) and in the "desert" region near where Luscinia's stage is. they seem to spawn more commonly in the Anger cycle in my experience, plus they're easy to spot from the air, so that's when I'd go for them. Kullervo is totally worth it BTW, great frame.

as to your main issue.. it sucks but this is why I don't run any longer than I have to. once I got all the Incarnons and the Arcanes I wanted I stopped running circuit. 

Maybe it’s like railjack which it says you lost it, but you actually didn’t?

Or it could also be like railjack when it says you lost everything, but you thought you didn’t, when in reality you actually did.

Either not those first game mode, and sadly probably not going to be the last. They didn’t fix railjack who’s had this problem for ages. 

There has to be some kind of stakes in missions to make the prospect of staying more rewarding for good gameplay. It's honestly difficult to lose The Circuit with a decent defensive Warframe and all the Decree stacking that goes on. Only Defense can be failed (unless you're struggling with Survival).

• Like 5

It sucks but at least it creates some stakes and gives some semblance of risk/reward strategy to if you want to stay another round and risk losing everything or cut the farm short and bank progress.

The problem is Warframe isn't really built around making those kinds of decisions.  For one, things are so buggy (particularly after a host migration) you can't really fairly assess the risk.  For another, the trading system constantly interrupts long farms anyway since you have to be out-of-mission to conduct trades.

In the end, I have sympathy for you if you lost progress due to a bug and not really if you lose progress because you bit off more than you can chew.  In the end these kind of long farmers just kinda annoy me because they eat up support bandwidth begging for their rewards from a bugged 2-hr farm when they could've just been responsible and checkpointed themselves every 20-30min or so such that it wouldn't be such a devastating blow requiring support intervention if things bug out.