Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Someone please explain this one to me

Hexerin

ab8a09ddb4922c903967893aeeb4a63f.png835659d23e4935dd4d6018ac6beaf491.png

Why though? Like sure, I get you can stack them, but that still doesn't explain why Burdened Magazine costs almost twice as much while also having a downside. Then, to add more insult to injury, why even use either of those when you can just use a single mod that gives nearly as much as both, for half the cost?

52e354049c6d59d68315910a49afd0a8.png

I swear man, it's stuff like this... We really need "Mods 3.0" (or would be it 4.0 this time?), just have the entire list of mods completely redone and made consistent across the board.

• Like 16

IIRC this happened because at some point certain specific mods got buffed, but many mods in competition with them, similar etc didn't, leading to situations where you have mods competing but not really, because one is just clearly superior. Then also, a Prime mod will eventually come along as well, and make many others redundant. 

Of course, I am not personally against a Mods 3.0, or 4.0, but also... redoing and reworking all mods to be consistent across the board, would probably be a pretty big task, require effort, attention, that well, also personally, I don't really find urgent or that big an issue. Naturally I also get that it may to others, so again, emphasis on personally, but its not something I lose sleep over, or would want prioritised over say... updates like Whispers of the Wall. I'm even more positive to small sections of mods being looked at and improved time to time, if thats sincerely more manageable and timely than having to go to absolutes, like they all need to be looked at and rebalanced all at once, and I also am fine with Primed mods coming along and making certain other mods redundant as well. Consistency is great, just not that high a priority to my own enjoyment. 

• Like 2

as confusing as it can seem, that is exactly the intended design, that most Mods that don't seem worth it are there in the expectation that you only use them after you've already used the other(s) and still want more of that Stat.

similarly Primed Mods are largely intended to be objectively superior choices, so it's no surprise that it is here too.

also the Primed Mods help drives Monetization, while most other Mods do not (particularly if they aren't new). so, existing Mods that could perhaps arguably be buffed, doesn't have a benefit to doing so since that would have a negative impact on monetization.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 7

14 minutes ago, taiiat said:

as confusing as it can seem, that is exactly the intended design, that most Mods that don't seem worth it are there in the expectation that you only use them after you've already used the other(s) and still want more of that Stat.

similarly Primed Mods are largely intended to be objectively superior choices, so it's no surprise that it is here too.

also the Primed Mods help drives Monetization, while most other Mods do not (particularly if they aren't new). so, existing Mods that could perhaps arguably be buffed, doesn't have a benefit to doing so since that would have a negative impact on monetization.

PrimedPistolGambitMod.png

CreepingBullseyeMod.png

This just strikes me as a mod that was forgotten, corrupt mods should be better but with the negative to make up for the higher stat... If you make it so they can't stack

Edited by (XBOX)C11H22O11
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Why though? Like sure, I get you can stack them, but that still doesn't explain why Burdened Magazine costs almost twice as much while also having a downside. Then, to add more insult to injury, why even use either of those when you can just use a single mod that gives nearly as much as both, for half the cost?

I swear man, it's stuff like this... We really need "Mods 3.0" (or would be it 4.0 this time?), just have the entire list of mods completely redone and made consistent across the board.

There's another mod that adds like 90% fire rate and reduces damage while another mod also adds 90% fire rate.

• Like 1

The only explanation I can conceive of for it being intentional, is for the two mods in tandem to technically be an option for a newer player, before they can acquire Primed Ammo Stock.

I agree, however, that corrupted mods should be better than at least base mods at the cost of more drain and a drawback, if they can't all be better than Primed mods as in Creeping Bullseye.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hexerin said:

just have the entire list of mods completely redone and made consistent across the board.

ain't no way that's gonna happen with the amount of mods in the game now. it'd take too long and many of the neglected mods are just that: nobody uses them except in maybe some very niche builds on particular weapons.

the only option DE *might* take would be to start releasing primed versions of these mods, and adding them to Baro's inventory, so that players have to put in work or buy plat and trade for them. 

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Hexerin:

it was not calculated. you can forget to look for logic.
You could fantasize and claim that 2-3 mod stacking is so extremely worthwhile... but there are dummies and we immediately see the performance of the weapon.

The fact is: many mods make no sense.

However, there will apparently never be a balance in the game because the devs are only focused on the new content. or quote from the old interview: "new content = life"

• Like 1

mods left behind as powercreep marched on.

actually I don't think there was ever a use case for mods like these, outside of the 0 ammo bug that allowed you to rapid fire some weapons, or specifically for the vectis prime to always get the bonus from charged/primed chamber.

there needs to be a serious going-over for ALL mods and the modding system in general because as it stands there's just so much useless filler, and the mods we run are basically almost all the same for any given weapon.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

This just strikes me as a mod that was forgotten, corrupt mods should be better but with the negative to make up for the higher stat... If you make it so they can't stack

that's more that they sometimes arbitrarily Flag Mods as the same thing and ergo can't be Equipped simultaneously.
why do they even do it? beats me. very rarely is there an actual balance problem from being able to Equip them anyways.

like doubling up your Crit Chance on a Secondary.... i mean, it's usually not even going to be the best choice, not that many Weapons it would be - so why it was restricted to begin with feels arbitrary.

obviously the intention was that Creeping Bullseye is stronger than normal Pistol Gambit but with a con - however Corrupted Mods don't usually work that way, but they made that arbitrary restriction there.
it makes 'more sense' on Primaries and Shotguns, which is probably what the decision was based on, and then blanket applied that to all Weapons for Modding consistency, even if stats wise it doesn't make as much sense.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

ain't no way that's gonna happen with the amount of mods in the game now. it'd take too long and many of the neglected mods are just that: nobody uses them except in maybe some very niche builds on particular weapons.

the only option DE *might* take would be to start releasing primed versions of these mods, and adding them to Baro's inventory, so that players have to put in work or buy plat and trade for them. 

If you were to do an overhaul at this point, you'd not start by trying to fix every existing mod. You'd start by just making an entire new set of mods, which ensures that you don't miss anything (because there's nothing to miss if you start from scratch) and that the entire modlist is holistic and cohesive. This would of course be an undertaking, but that's kind of how it goes with overhauls. It's why the whole "[system] x.0" naming (like Melee 2.0 -> Melee 3.0) was so fitting back then.

Edited by Hexerin

There is load of mods (or rather stats) that have super limited use on the moding bench.

One example of that is the magazine capacity stat. I would combine fire rate with magazine capacity stuff, for example +60% fire rate +60% magazine in single mod. Simply for the reason that fire rate increase DPS, but it mess up your ammunition economy so you rather got for pure damage mod instead. Magazine capacity is basicaly reverse of that, so combining them would be really good solution.

21 hours ago, Voltage said:

The same happens for shotgun fire rate as well as Maglev and Streamlined Form. Several areas of modding need auditing.

I don't know if that's necessarily comparable to the Op's assertion per se, but agree that an audit would be a good idea if for no other reason than it should highlight areas that could use additional mods.
For example, Dodge and Evasion are 2 areas that have seen very little attention from mods and, since the features exist, could probably benefit from mod additions.

OP's assertion is simply lacking in relevant context as it assumes an error because one of the mods offered that same benefit along with a negative attribute.

If anything, the Prime version of Ammo Stock proves that Burdened Magazine wasn't an error insomuch as it was DE being needlessly punitive in the mods they released.
Burdened magazine wasn't the 1st, 5th, or 20th example of that and all the content from back then was riddled with hyper niche, garbage, and whammy award mods littered in the drop tables.

Not like "Back then" is all that long ago as anyone that's cracked open their fair share of relics is probably thoroughly tired of seeing forma blueprints too.

1 hour ago, Rakosta_Kai said:

I don't know if that's necessarily comparable to the Op's assertion per se, but agree that an audit would be a good idea if for no other reason than it should highlight areas that could use additional mods.
For example, Dodge and Evasion are 2 areas that have seen very little attention from mods and, since the features exist, could probably benefit from mod additions.

OP's assertion is simply lacking in relevant context as it assumes an error because one of the mods offered that same benefit along with a negative attribute.

If anything, the Prime version of Ammo Stock proves that Burdened Magazine wasn't an error insomuch as it was DE being needlessly punitive in the mods they released.
Burdened magazine wasn't the 1st, 5th, or 20th example of that and all the content from back then was riddled with hyper niche, garbage, and whammy award mods littered in the drop tables.

Not like "Back then" is all that long ago as anyone that's cracked open their fair share of relics is probably thoroughly tired of seeing forma blueprints too.

ShotgunBarrageMod.pngFrailMomentumMod.png

MaglevMod.pngStreamlinedFormMod.png

This is the exact same thing OP mentioned. :thinking:

What would be the use of restricting the slip and slide for Maglev? Also it wouldn't make sense at all thanks to the name (maybe? Not sure). 

Since there are many bugs in game, and many mods that are very likely underused or not used at all by the players what are the odds that some of the filler mods that aren't used at all by players actually have bugs and may not be working correctly after all? 

Also, kind of an off-topic tangent but the entire catalog of mods we have reminds me of Yu-Gi-Oh cards. So many cards there that are not used anymore thanks to the powercreep, as well as many cards that have similar purpose to each other but one of them serves it way better.

Warframe has trading cards in-game confirmed? 

Just now, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

LOL, why do you think we have the Prex cards in-game?

Not tradeable tho I think? And no powercreep and redundant cards. If they're tradeable then they'll be just like the good ol' basketball and baseball player cards everyone used to collect so it won't be at the same level of craziness as YGO

4 minutes ago, Voltage said:

ShotgunBarrageMod.pngFrailMomentumMod.png

MaglevMod.pngStreamlinedFormMod.png

This is the exact same thing OP mentioned. :thinking:

That is, in fact, not.
The mods you've noted here (in truth, you should actually have noted Accelerated Blast alongside Frail Momentum) lend credence to your commentary on the need for an audit and my own commentary on how an audit can highlight areas more Mods could be made. Frail Momentum is clearly a bugged (one could say Corrupt) mod when compared to Accelerated Blast.

Put simply, these are obvious errors. 

OP's commentary is not the same, imo, at all...

On 2023-11-18 at 12:45 AM, Hexerin said:

Ammo Stock, you will recall, was a bog standard mod that everyone had and the corrupt version was really only ever meant to be for players wishing to add 60% more magazine capacity (Boar/P, Hek, and Sobek users come to mind here immediately) to avoid in-combat reloads.
DE back then loved forcing those weighted choices back then and no one was going to acquire Burdened Magazine without already having Ammo Stock.

The question regards the notion of an error though.  I highly doubt it was an error given that the buff/debuff was in line with the rest of the Corrupt Mod offerings for Shotguns.
Important to note that this was also at a point where shotguns were king (having no fall-off and status effects were relatively new conceptually especially against pellet count) before the first round of nerfs to the weapon type.
Put simply, most of the shotgun mods released during that period's balance being called conservative would be putting it mildly at best. For example, even the nightmare mods were a noticeable step down for shotguns compared to either rifles or pistols

Do recall that the initial iterations of Tainted Shell and Critical Deceleration literally created negative fire rate for an insight into how DE balanced buffs to Shotguns back then.

What you cited as errors are obvious errors. What the OP cited as an error isn't an obvious error because it was consistent with the way the Devs handled buffs to shotguns back then. 

You are welcome to your opinions on the matter though. I've been a consistent shotgun user for the 11 years of Warframe and, like yourself, was around when each of these mods were released which might have the effect of informing my perspective on the matter.

Context matters and the OP's comparison simply lacks it in my opinion.