The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where's Nightwave?

(XBOX)Player244024418

19 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

kose like 200 points. 

Why were you just holding on to 200 points instead of just, I dont know, spending them?

20 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

No notification in gone?

It had a few notifications, including a timer in the nightwave menu that counted down to when it went away.

How much more of a notification do you need?

Where do you need it to show up to remind you that it's going to be ending soon?
You already have the site, you have the news console on your orbiter, and you have the nightwave menu itself with a countdown.

22 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Would have loved to have those 2 or 3 potatoes. 

Then why didn't you buy those potatoes?  Why were you just holding onto your points at the end and trying to wait for the last second to spend things?

I seriously don't understand the mentality of the players who hold onto their nightwave credits or event tokens till literally the last second and then complain that they missed it when they had plenty of notifications and information about when exactly said nightwave or event would end.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Come on, DE it's a holiday week, had a super busy week with work and now with family and NW ends and I kose like 200 points. 

Would have loved to have those 2 or 3 potatoes. 

No grace period? No notification in gone? Boom, gone.

Every. Blooming. Time.

People don't pay any attention to the literal two full weeks of notifications and warnings.

Every time you hit the Menu button there was a timer on the Nightwave icon. There was multiple social media warnings, a Forum/News thread, and everything.

You had a two week grace period and every single day with a warning.

You didn't notice through all of that?

Then it's your fault.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Tsukinoki said:

Then why didn't you buy those potatoes?

Because running sorties will sometimes deliver a blueprint or lotus gifts appear. Hence i am trying to optimize my choice. Got burned once getting several and then needed one for a warframe and had to spend plat. 

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Cram Duahcim said:

There was a timer for at least a week.....

Did you not read my post? Some of us have a life. I was very very busy recently. After dedicated forma farming in PoE during plaguestar I had zero spare time until now. Totally forgot about NW until yesterday when I couldn't talk to Nora. Really bad timing for those of us that don't hide in the game all our lives.

17 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Every time you hit the Menu button there was a timer on the Nightwave icon

Never saw that, ever. The app never had a notification either.

Why can't DE just allow at least ONE MORE NW ACCESS then say you gotta spend your creds??? Not hard. Or just roll creds to next season. Like PlagueStar.

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Never saw that, ever. The app never had a notification either.

scree

If you play Plague star then you should be able to see it to bypass Konzu and Lotus dialogue. The app definitely had notification since it's announce early November

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

The app never had a notification either.

I can't swear there was a News Item on the app, but there definitely was one on the website.  (It's not there now--these are sometimes taken down after they expire or are replaced by a more pertinent news item.)  And it would be odd if it didn't get mirrored on the app. 

I'd check to make sure you have "News" enabled under "Notifications". 

If you're like me though, you'll either have these turned off or tune them out without thinking about them.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Some of us have a life. I was very very busy recently.

That's unfortunate

but also the Nature of Live-Service Games

if you have to step away from the game for more than 2 weeks at a time, perhaps this isn't the kind of thing for you.

They really want you to login daily, or at the very least weekly to stay current, and the game events and cycles are tailored under that assumption.

its a rough business/play model, and not for everyone.

I'd suggest swapping to a game that lets you choose your own pace? I tend to swap to No Man's Sky when I need a chill break from Warframe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Did you not read my post? Some of us have a life. I was very very busy recently. After dedicated forma farming in PoE during plaguestar I had zero spare time until now. Totally forgot about NW until yesterday when I couldn't talk to Nora. Really bad timing for those of us that don't hide in the game all our lives.

I work a 14 day on/off schedule...and I was on my work Rotation (14, 12hour shifts in a row) and still knew this.

The fact that your mentioning that you were dedicated to Plague Star means you could literally see the timer in-game ticking within a couple seconds of being in your Orbiter.

I on the other hand completely missed Plague Star due to working, but 1) Knew Plague Star  was occurring and 2) Knew NW was ending because of the timer.

You likely had more play time then I have during this period. So no, I wasn't busy wiping Dorito dust of my chest and "hiding in the game all my life" 

However it takes all of 2-3 seconds to notice the timer in NW considering its literally in the corner for you too see and was also counting down during Plague Star, which you were dedicated to.🤷

Sucks to suck I guess.

Edited by (XBOX)Cram Duahcim
  • Like 8

It's one thing to say "I'm easily distracted and missed the deadline. Bummer, oh well, I'll try to pay attention next time.

Another thing is to say "Hey, DE! I'm sorry, I know you must have warned us in some way but I didn't see any warnings still. Could you consider making the event end more visible than it currently is, if at all possible?"

And yet entirely another thing to say "Hey DE. Missed the deadline because you didn't warn people! It's your fault I missed it for lack of prior warning, and this really really sucks!".

Yeah, no wonder if the first thought is to put the responsability of personal organization onto others. Sometimes the best lessons come from acknowledging our mistakes.

Still, I'm sure next time it won't happen. I wouldn't forget the pain of losing out on them dear potatoes. Specially if I was new-ish at the game.

Edited by (PSN)Hikuro-93
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

It never fails.  No matter how much of a head's up there is, some people will still miss the deadline. 

Which is why games that have good design on these seasonal/event systems, keep their shops open for at least a few days after the actual season/event ends. People will often miss the deadline of the last day of the season/event, but it's extremely rare for people to miss spending their currency during that lingering shop window.

The reason people miss the last day of the season/event deadline, is most often because they want to maximize how much value they get out of the currency. So they wait until the last minute, in case they need something other than the "dump item" (in our case, that'd be the nitain).

Unfortunately, it looks like DE is unwilling to hear feedback for most things in this game, with this being one of those things. This has been brought up numerous times over the years, and DE consistently chooses to ignore it despite it being something that is purely a positive change.

11 hours ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

It never fails.  No matter how much of a head's up there is, some people will still miss the deadline. 

Yep never ceases to amuse me, Nightwave = Code NW stands for No Way It's gone WHAT!!!!!!!!!

As it goes, you snooze you lose.

I'm living and breathing proof of it for missing last Friday's stream and the 3 Umbra Forma. lol

5 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

you will get later everything anyway. and i even have most cosmetics. and there is nothing to build with mats atm

No I mean even if you want potatoes buying potatoes directly from the nw store is an inefficient use of nw credits.

• Like 2

Gerade eben schrieb sly_squash:

No I mean even if you want potatoes buying potatoes directly from the nw store is an inefficient use of nw credits.

true. In the end I just didn't know what to buy there. or didn't feel like playing it at all. the mods are mehhh. and 6x umbra forma are built and will soon be full of dust on the shelf.

there must finally be good rewards!

14 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

What else do you use NW credits for?

You buy the aura mods and resell for profit, particularly when the mod has been out-of-rotation for a while so there are very few in the wild.

Consider Energy Siphon, which is currently selling for about 50p max rank. 
Also, consider that Aura Mods cost 20 credits vs. 75 credits to buy a potato directly.

This means you could buy roughly 4x Aura Mods per potato.
So if you sold 4x Energy Siphon (with a negligible credit and endo cost to max R5 mods), that would be 200p.

Now consider that you can buy potatoes from market for 20p each.
That means you can buy roughly 10x potatoes for the cost of a single potato directly from NW.

So, for every potato you buy directly from the store, you would be giving up roughly 9 additional potatoes you could've had if you had any market sense whatsoever.

BTW, works the same way with Plague Star and buying built forma directly from the events.  It's a fool's trap.

Edited by sly_squash
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

What else do you use NW credits for?

lol I agree with them, but then again, everything in the NW store is terrible value.  I stockpile 700 Nitain, but what do I need that for?  The NW store is useless.  Yeah sure, my entire season of NW I could spend and get like 100k Kuva.