Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks for throwing us a bone

S.Dust

I played one round, just to say I gave it a fair shake. it's kinda clunky, and you can tell when you're matched with one of the few that still plays conclave, because they do stuff you don't normally see randoms doing, like wall-hopping. it's too janky for my taste, but I guess for a month at least, Conclave might see some traffic.

I just wish DE would make a final decision on whether or not to scrap conclave, and if not, they should at least throw out a new map every couple of updates to make the mode relevant again for the few who like it. I'll never bother with it, but there's no reason that DE couldn't make warframe have decent PvP if they wanted to.

Yeah, just tried it out. I re-binded melee to a key in the far off right corner of the keyboard ('Pause' for me) and I just used the snow balls. Got lots more kills and died less.

IMO, don't use melee in this event because it's like a really bad version of normal Warframe melee... it locks you in animation and thrusts you forward like normal Warframe melee, but feels way worse! Instead, kill the players who using melee. They get locked into something like 1 second of uncontrollable melee animation (more if pre-frozen) and they are ripe to be picked off.

DE, I think this is how you should deal with melee in PVP... this Q3 Arena with Gauntlet (melee weapon). Notice the complete lack of melee animation that locks you up along with (usually) undesirable forward thrusting motion. IMO, these stance motions/move combos from PVE have NO PLACE in PVP (this is not Street Fighter either!).

Heck, I don't even think a lot of stances/combos have a place in PVE either!

Spoiler

This mode is more proof that Conclave should be abolished, or at the very least reworked. 

This mode isn't any better, slow, unintuitve, can hardly tell teammates from enemies, hits not connecting due to ping differences, the one saving grace is that there's nothing significant as a reward.

• Like 5

I was kinda happy, that's at least SOMETHING about Conclave...

And then... I just completed ONE match... ZERO players in the lobby since...

"Hehehe DE is making you play Conclave" - well, jokes on you DE, you ain't making anything.

This mode isn't any better, slow, unintuitve, can hardly tell teammates from enemies, hits not connecting due to ping differences, the one saving grace is that there's nothing significant as a reward.

use the accessibility feature for enemy highlighting.  while i would kind of like the highlighting to be built into the mode. it works well enough that i can easily tell whos, who with it on.

2 hours ago, Kaiga said:

the one saving grace is that there's nothing significant as a reward.

Hopefully that will be enough to keep most players who might have engaged with from doing so. PvP doesn't work in a game like this, especially when it was just tacked on after the fact to appease/appeal to an extreme minority. We need Conclave analytics to remain garbage, to deincentivize DE from putting things behind it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, balckillofdeath said:

use the accessibility feature for enemy highlighting.  while i would kind of like the highlighting to be built into the mode. it works well enough that i can easily tell whos, who with it on.

Oh, dang, that's good advice.  I'm sure I spent half my time throwing snowballs at my team.  Maybe I can get that down to 40% or so, lol.

9 hours ago, nslay said:

IMO, don't use melee in this event because it's like a really bad version of normal Warframe melee...

The ground slam is extremely powerful, inflicting both knockdown and cold on top of like 70 damage, leaving the victim a sitting duck. The real problem is...

9 hours ago, nslay said:

it locks you in animation and thrusts you forward like normal Warframe melee, but feels way worse! Instead, kill the players who using melee. They get locked into something like 1 second of uncontrollable melee animation (more if pre-frozen) and they are ripe to be picked off.

...every other animation. First off, it's using the OLD, much slower, weapon switch animations, so you can't do any sort of melee->snowball combo. The ground slam victim is a sitting suck, but so is the slammer. Combine this with -- as you pointed out -- Stalking Fan being really bad, and trying to melee in any map besides Corpus Core is a death sentence

17 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

It's kind of funny because it's silly but tbh it will be frustrating if we need more than 3 games

It was interesting to play but I found it soon got old, I wonder how far a player's ping changes the game dynamics in the PVP arena's. 🤔