Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity, the next warframe rework? loki next Decoy Augment? And DE_Pablo saids

CosoMalvadoNG

As you can see in the image, in the trailer that was shown at TGA2023 we see the 3 initial warframes (excal, magie and volt) and Trinity further back.

Could it be that the new update brings changes to Trinity?

Spoiler

GA2knYrXoAAU1Dt?format=jpg

The day before DE_Pablo on Twitter:

Any type of puzzle or credits similar to those in duviri or some colectionable? 

---
Some tenno asked Pablo about creating a Augment for Loki Decoy. What do you think the next Augment is about or what would you like it to be about?

Edited by CosoMalvadoNG
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

Could it be that the new update brings changes to Trinity?

that's one hell of a logical leap... I'm pretty sure a rework like that, one even longer awaited than Hydroid, would've been announced first. she certainly needs one, but it ain't gonna be soon.

37 minutes ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

What do you think the next Augment is about or what would you like it to be about?

I'd like them to literally just rework Decoy to scale of of anything else other than strength.. you know, the ONE thing nobody mods Loki for, because it has ZERO effect on ANY of his other abilities? maybe also allow it to actually deal damage too. it'd still be completely inferior to Celestial Twin, Umbra Sentience etc. on account of being unable to move, but it'd have some limited applications in defense, at the very least.

Loki needs a rework as well.

React Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

25 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Epc12tg.png

gotta love the classics! the update comes out on a wednesday as well... 🤯

Edited by (PSN)robotwars7

33 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

that's one hell of a logical leap... I'm pretty sure a rework like that, one even longer awaited than Hydroid, would've been announced first. she certainly needs one, but it ain't gonna be soon.

I'd like them to literally just rework Decoy to scale of of anything else other than strength.. you know, the ONE thing nobody mods Loki for, because it has ZERO effect on ANY of his other abilities? maybe also allow it to actually deal damage too. it'd still be completely inferior to Celestial Twin, Umbra Sentience etc. on account of being unable to move, but it'd have some limited applications in defense, at the very least.

Loki needs a rework as well.

React Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

gotta love the classics! the update comes out on a wednesday as well... 🤯

I mean, it's possible, considering he said "find the secret" and not "guess the secret."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

I mean, it's possible, considering he said "find the secret" and not "guess the secret."

You can't "find" a warframe rework, my guy. He's talking about something like an Easter egg, where you'll have to go out of your way to go find something that's going to tickle the fancy of lore buffs or something along those lines.

Surprising to see Trinity as the "fourth wheel" and not Loki. For those that don't know Loki used to be a starter frame a decade ago. I wouldn't look too much into it, and besides there is a plethora of justifications that could be used as to what frame could be there from being a focal point for an augment to most synergy with a shard etc.

Trinity I don't think is getting a full-scale rework but wouldn't be opposed to seeing some slight changes like with her passive.

Augments, yeah mentioned before how we are in a slump with augments right now. Would love some augments related to passives to come out similar to Frost and some others, lacking in this area. Most notably for Trinity and Limbo. So hopefully it isn't just one augment for Loki and that's it for first half of 2024.

And once again asking this because twitter sucks even more now with the API changes, DE can we please some sort of official bridging for these Warframe announcements made by devs on not-so official platforms so we don't have to go scouring for them or hoping someone manages to create a forum post or something about it.

• Like 3

If a rework was planned then there'd be an announcement/workshop post about it like they do with all other reworks. No reason for them to make such a thing a secret.

Also news of a Decoy augment is genuinely depressing. Loki absolutely needs to be on a list of planned update/reworks alongside Trinity. And if they're bothering to make another augment for it then odds are a rework isn't planned any time soon.

• Like 1

Trinity and Loki are strong frames so I hope not. Yea CC has been constantly hammered on for 6 years but he's still the best one. Poor Nyx used to be on par but she lost her Rad procs. Loki was taken off the starter roster because he trivialized the game. Weird how community opinions change.

I have no idea why anyone would want Trinity reworked. She's got one bad skill you can just Helmith and is otherwise a monster eHP frame which is kinda all you need now that enemy scaling has been reduced. Instead of a balance of offense and defense you just need defense and let the weapon power creep do the work.

48 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Trinity and Loki are strong frames so I hope not. Yea CC has been constantly hammered on for 6 years but he's still the best one. Poor Nyx used to be on par but she lost her Rad procs. Loki was taken off the starter roster because he trivialized the game. Weird how community opinions change.

I have no idea why anyone would want Trinity reworked. She's got one bad skill you can just Helmith and is otherwise a monster eHP frame which is kinda all you need now that enemy scaling has been reduced. Instead of a balance of offense and defense you just need defense and let the weapon power creep do the work.

I like Trinity, using her in Steel Path with her augment Abating link to 100% strip armour of who I'm linked with which doesn't live long so the link jumps to the next target, not as fast but still fun.

14 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

I like Trinity, using her in Steel Path with her augment Abating link to 100% strip armour of who I'm linked with which doesn't live long so the link jumps to the next target, not as fast but still fun.

I used to be an endurance runner and at one point had gone level 300+ old scaling with every frame Solo. Still have some videos on my profile.

Trinity was very much one of the easier frames to do that. Her damage output started to fall off but with new scaling that's not really an issue. I used the same setup with 100% Abating Link and a Viral Lenz. It was actually one of the more fun runs since some frames have to bunker to survive long runs and it works but gets tedious. Volt is an example of that. Players wanted Vauban reworked cuz he couldn't do the whole run through zoom other frames could. He was a bunker CC frame. IMO players were using him wrong then ranting about a rework.

Vauban took work. Rad proc balls outside of Bastille to deter Nullifiers, Vortex inside Bastille to pick up extras cuz it has a limit and you did this at every choke point but if you did it right, the whole team was safe the entire run. Obviously Loki Rad Disarm was just the easy version but they both got the job done.

It's hard to claim what needs a rework because there's so many different activities in this game to parse with.

• Like 1

I actually wonder / need to test if Trinity's Blessing still stacks with multiple Trinity users.

At one point 3 Trinity + Gara put them all over 1bil eHP. It was so silly. For comparison a 9999 Bombard rocket is 3mil.

Edited by Xzorn
  • Like 1

The image just shows how Trinity accidentally walked in on the promo photoshoot of the trinity. 

Camera guy: "Uhm what are you doing and who are you!?"

Trinity: "I'm Trinity, I heard there was a promo shoot involving me"

Camera guy: "LOL! Good one! No really, who are you? Cos I'm in the middle of doing a promo shoot here with the trinity and have no time for your interuption."

Trinity: <screams like Valkyr> "#*!%... you... all!" <storms out>

Camera guy: "So uhm really, who was that?"

Excalibur, Mag, Volt: 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Xzorn:

Oh well............
Loki certainly has his niche in solo. but Trinity?
and I have NEVER seen either of them in the group for extremely many years!

and why trinity if you can have that:

1. Nekros !  constantly loses life with aura and can spam health orbs. or just 500 health for team arcane constantly proc. and thanks to max range and duration, he always has the ball from Octavia. so that dying is almost impossible.
  2. pimped wisp with a lot of str that gives more health and health reg and can also spam dispensary. and constantly proc arcane energize for others.
  3. etc.

Also, Trinity's gameplay is still terrible.

Edited by Venus-Venera

9 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

Oh well............
Loki certainly has his niche in solo. but Trinity?
and I have NEVER seen either of them in the group for extremely many years!

and why trinity if you can have that:

1. Nekros !  constantly loses life with aura and can spam health orbs. or just 500 health for team arcane constantly proc. and thanks to max range and duration, he always has the ball from Octavia. so that dying is almost impossible.
  2. pimped wisp with a lot of str that gives more health and health reg and can also spam dispensary. and constantly proc arcane energize for others.
  3. etc.

Also, Trinity's gameplay is still terrible.

Healing is rather pointless if you don't have the mitigation to back it up. I laughed when I saw her Blessing augment. Trinity's Blessing should be up 100% of the time. I honestly find Nekros annoying in groups and try to not use my summons because I know they're annoying. Trinity just needs a cast speed Shard and she's fine.

Nekros can get around 230k eHP these days. He shouldn't be able to die before level 400 in any mission event without Helmith.

You might not see Trinity because there's no high level group runs. Warframe has always kept the level parse far under where frames can actually perform. I showed this 7ish years ago doing Solo 300+ missions with all frames when Sorties was the "high level end-game activity". The power creep is real. The Archon Shards are just crazy. They help fix some problem frames like Equinox but they also make frame like Chroma even more ridiculous.

Gerade eben schrieb Xzorn:

Healing is rather pointless if you don't have the mitigation to back it up. I laughed when I saw her Blessing augment. Trinity's Blessing should be up 100% of the time. I honestly find Nekros annoying in groups and try to not use my summons because I know they're annoying. Trinity just needs a cast speed Shard and she's fine.

Nekros can get around 230k eHP these days. He shouldn't be able to die before level 400 in any mission event without Helmith.

You might not see Trinity because there's no high level group runs. Warframe has always kept the level parse far under where frames can actually perform. I showed this 7ish years ago doing Solo 300+ missions with all frames when Sorties was the "high level end-game activity". The power creep is real. The Archon Shards are just crazy. They help fix some problem frames like Equinox but they also make frame like Chroma even more ridiculous.

and it's not worth it anywhere. Because you get rewards from c-rotations quickly enough.
And you don't really need minions at Nekros because all enemies attack the immortal ball.

and of course it's good when someone pushes the limits. That's just the wrong game for something like that. because here the whole thing is not rewarded.

Edited by Venus-Venera

2 hours ago, Venus-Venera said:

and it's not worth it anywhere. Because you get rewards from c-rotations quickly enough.
And you don't really need minions at Nekros because all enemies attack the immortal ball.

and of course it's good when someone pushes the limits. That's just the wrong game for something like that. because here the whole thing is not rewarded.

They won't put rewards based on difficulty because they lost control of any semblance of balance a long time ago but it's less about pushing the limit and more about where the bar has been placed over the years. You hit a point where you don't need to farm anything and just want to entertain yourself.

Warframe back in the day was a much harder game at base level and 40min in Survival when Damage 2.0 came out was "pushing it". The entire time they kept adding power and the time it took to pay attention to the game kept increasing. I quit when they nerf'd NPC scaling because at that point I would die of old age.

Even Steve mentioned a long time ago the AABC rotation probably wasn't the best idea. It was previously any roll in the pool. When it comes to endurance runners when I was last hanging about there were three types. Ones who care about the time/wave number, ones who wanted scaling rewards and ones like myself who just want something that can fight back. In the end min/max is an element of this game but much like Path of Exile. it's devolved into speed more than complexity.

hace 7 horas, Xzorn dijo:

I understand what you are saying but the strength of Trinity is not compared to other supports... Trinity has a lot of survivability and that's all(Yes, I play Trinity because I play pure tank builds) . However, the other supports have offensive applications and it is fine after all Trinity is the first support launched of the game, when she was released her ability kit was at its peak. but definitely more offensive is better in the current game.

Loki it's a big meh in the majority of the content. His niche is poorly centralized (Divide and conquer), I mean it's not good in the long run. I used Loki for a couple of years and I can say that radial  its decent, but have serious problems.

''Radial'' disarms the enemies but it does not work in eximus and to make matters worse with its augment, the disarming is counterproductive, the enemies, with how cumbersome and slow they are, have to stick to melee which doesn't really help to kill each other. You can disorient enemies a little but they can still attack allies. 

''invisibility'' makes you invisible and with the augmentation mod you don't make noise which allows you to do ambush damage but this damage is not sustained.

He tricks his enemies and has the chance to help his allies in some unconventional way. The problem is that the allies do not need that help.

hace 6 horas, Slayer-. dijo:

hace 2 horas, ShogunGunshow dijo:

Trinity is fine, tho.

Trinity is good but could be better. If you compare it with other supports like Wisp or Citrine, it falls far behind.

hace 6 horas, Xzorn dijo:

Players wanted Vauban reworked cuz he couldn't do the whole run through zoom other frames could. He was a bunker CC frame. IMO players were using him wrong then ranting about a rework.

I agree with you here, vauban is strong but people only use it to gather enemies.

Pablo today...

hmm i want this...

Edited by CosoMalvadoNG
misspellings, Add text

12 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

What frames would you want to see reworked?

I said this a long time ago and got aggro but Inaros came out needing a rework. His kit probably works a little better now but Sandstorm did nothing, Devour was an immune button more than it was used for shadows and due to armor he couldn't heal allies with Scarab Swarm. The CC distance was also bare minimum on Scarab.

Hydroid came out the same way but after his 3rd rework I think they sorta got it finally.
Garuda needs tweaks more than a rework. Her shield doesn't block radial damage and moves too slowly. She survives on her augments.
Equinox Mend/Maim should have never been an augment. She should retain that and Pacify/Provoke when switching. Always hated that design.
Hyldrin's claim to fame was her large AoE Armor strip and Shield Gate. I never found much reason to use her.
Mirage is in a fairly grim state after she got nerf'd four times and so much radial damage was added to the game.
I love everything about Ivara but at this point I think she was made for a different game. Just kinda unfortunate.

I quit when Gauss came out so I haven't played newer stuff enough. I can say Kullervo is a quality melee frame. He actually makes me a little sad for Rhino who can get a bigger health pool but needs two augments and a chain of actions instead of just pressing one button. Rhino still has Roar though and I bet it still double dips DoTs.

23 minutes ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

I understand what you are saying but the strength of Trinity is not compared to other supports... Trinity has a lot of survivability and that's all(Yes, I play Trinity because I play pure tank builds) . However, the other supports have offensive applications and it is fine after all Trinity is the first support launched of the game, when she was released her ability kit was at its peak. but definitely more offensive is better in the current game.

Loki it's a big meh in the majority of the content. His niche is poorly centralized (Divide and conquer), I mean it's not good in the long run. I used Loki for a couple of years and I can say that radial  its decent, but have serious problems.

One could argue since enemy defensive scaling is hardly there at this point. Player defense scaling is more important since they left enemy damage scaling and even increased it. Let the absurd power creep weapons do the work and never care about dying.

When I say Rad Disarm. I meant Radiation augment. Sorry for the confusion. Rad procs are very important which is why I quit playing Nyx after her rework. Nullifiers can't remove Radiation despite being immune to CC and it keeps both them and Eximus at bay. In the end it's hard to defend a frame that was made less desirable through evolution of the game. After all, why CC if you can face tank with 300k eHP. DE are also the ones who made his Decoy bad.

Decoy used to have very high threat and was Immune. Saryn's Molt was the same. They gave back Molt's threat and gave it a secondary purpose.
They left Decoy dead.

• Like 1