Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SPOILER] Albrecht and Loid

Raskol

I think DE is just making it up as they go along now. They wanted this in, so they put it in... forgetting all the old lore.

eg once you rank up (I think) you get a message from Loid saying

Spoiler

"reappearance of achons, a foe not seen since the Sentient war". now forgive me, but I thought the archons were a new thing from the New War, So how does loid know about this. TBH I'm not even sure Albrect and loid were around att he time operators were even a thing.

So it seems the storyline is gettign thrown away in favour of "what we want to put in, just pretend it is OK" and the story seems to be of little consequence as long as they can tell some new bit of story they fancy putting in. Like, the original story was mostly cohesive as if someone had thought it all through and made up something interesting. This now seems like a disney+ series of disconnected parts.

• Like 10

Spoiler

given what we learned from Dagath's Lore, the Orokin were pretty liberal when it came to love and relationships; threeways were kind of taboo, but not so risky as to dissuade elites like Iphel and Corelia or whatever their names were. they were pure Hedonists, meaning to put pleasure above all esle, I.e."if it feels good, do it!". the Orokin also basically live forever so I suppose you're bound to try both sides eventually, if you know what I mean...

Albrecht and Loid were definitley lovers: Loid healed albrecht, loid was responsible for  restoring his sight and voice after the Void incident, and wanted himself to be ridiculed rather than Albrecht: given how sassy he is, he probably lashed out against those who ridiculed Albrecht as well. in kind, Albrecht was willing to jump eons back in time just to try and distract the Man in The Wall so it wouldn't be a threat to Loid. if that isn't true love, I don't know what is.

I will admit the ending was kinda strange though. I was ready to void blast but instead we chose love not war.. if I get chance though, I'm hurting Wally for what he did to Minn and Tagfer. mimic me and threaten the universe all you want, but killing innocent animals? a line has been crossed..

• Like 3

Question, do we know anything about Albrecht's wife?

I ask because if we don't, then I don't see any major retcons. Minor weird ones, but nothing major

Science under the Orokin thumb was extremely dangerous. Your discoveries were as likely to get you promoted to eternal God king as they were to get you stoned to death for heresy. Citation: Detron Crewman synthesis

So at the moment, I don't see anything in the old lore where Albrecht's wife couldn't have been executed (after Euleria/Gomaitru was born) while Albrecht himself was spared. Make Albrecht a bisexual widower who finds his second love with Loid...

...Unless I have missed something, which is possible.

• Like 2

They didn't feel as being in a romantic love to me. I think the love between them might be more like that of a very strong platonic and familial love between two parties that is both master/mentor and servant/student. Albrecht also had a daughter with someone else. Of course that doesn't mean he couldn't have entered into a relationship with Loid later if the mother of Euleria/Mother passed away or Albrecht just wasn't in relationship with her mother anymore but I just don't think that it was implicated as such. Loid is also technically a servant and we know how big the Orokin were on social castes, so if he were in a romantic relationship with Albrecht it might have been a forbidden one. Its also possible that the Albrecht we see in Whispers in the Walls is another Albrecht from another dimension like how the Drifter is a different variant of us, there is also his portrait where he looks far more Orokin-like.

It could also just be a one-sided love with Loid having feelings for Albrecht and Albrecht respecting those feelings but not reciprocating them.

Edited by Kaokasalis
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Question, do we know anything about Albrecht's wife?

I ask because if we don't, then I don't see any major retcons. Minor weird ones, but nothing major

Science under the Orokin thumb was extremely dangerous. Your discoveries were as likely to get you promoted to eternal God king as they were to get you stoned to death for heresy. Citation: Detron Crewman synthesis

So at the moment, I don't see anything in the old lore where Albrecht's wife couldn't have been executed (after Euleria/Gomaitru was born) while Albrecht himself was spared. Make Albrecht a bisexual widower who finds his second love with Loid...

...Unless I have missed something, which is possible.

Dead, divorced, heck, they might have been in an open relationship. Or he was just cheating. She doesn't seem relevant to the story, so I don't think we'll hear a lot about her.

There are many ways in which Albrecht's relationship with Loid fits.

4 minutes ago, Kaokasalis said:

Its also possible that the Albrecht we see in Whispers in the Walls is another Albrecht from another dimension like how the Drifter is a different variant of us, there is also his portrait where he looks far more Orokin-like.

Now that I played the quest, Albrecht most likely changed his appearance to fit the 90s better.

Edited by Genitive
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Nesodos said:
  Hide contents

The Orokin had ....interesting.... concepts of love and family so I'm not surprised about what seems to be a very ....intimate.... connection between Albracht and Loid

Spoiler

Grandmother is the mother of the Father, not Albrecht. Albrecht was a widower, it was just him and his daughter.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kaiga said:

Okay, so you're a cultural bigot, and would prefer other people, be like that too.
This is almost beyond parody- Why don't you go play a game made by a country that shares your (dehumanizing) values then, instead of coming here to the "progressive west" try and pseudointellectually argue for them like a clown?

The funny thing about it is that if Albrecht or Loid was a woman, that other poster wouldn't have an issue with their relationship. Bigots are better to be left alone.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Reifnir said:

I just told you it's illegal in my country for gay people to get *married*, you assumed the rest on your own and decided it's a good idea to take it down to personal attacks based on an assumption caused by poor reading comprehension. Which is a nice little illustration to how little "praising gay innuendos" has to do with "human rights" and how it's all about alienating and attacking everyone that's not expressing mainstream western opinions. 

Let me see if I understand this mental gymnastics routine correctly. 

You live in a country that criminalizes gay marriage, but also freely allows homosexuality (because you're implying my assumption was wrong for being an assumption)  yet has strong cultural taboos against it, so much so that you come to the forum of a very obviously western video game dev to go argue cultural supremacy like a smug snake?

This is the worst ChatGPT fork I've ever seen.

Edited by Kaiga
  • Like 9

3 hours ago, Genitive said:

Dead, divorced, heck, they might have been in an open relationship. Or he was just cheating. She doesn't seem relevant to the story, so I don't think we'll hear a lot about her.

There are many ways in which Albrecht's relationship with Loid fits.

Considering Orokin society, I won't be surprised if they considered relationships as something ephemeral and didn't care about genders, after all, what is all that in a society where people changed bodies like they changed clothes?
Hek, considering some comments Loid say about Albrecht and Orokin society in general, would anybody be really surprised if Albrecht only had kids so he could get cheap lab assistants?

• Like 4

Loid could definitelly use a bit more character traits than being sassy, and "but MUH Albrecht is so awesome, and I am still so offended how he left me!".

Argument could be as well made that DE left enough wiggle room in writing there to have plausible deniability on the relationship between those two, so they could still make it not be sexual in the first place.

Edited by Elenortirie
  • Like 2

Considering how open-ended the lore is often kept, and how Albrecht's personal life was not that fleshed out, his being in some kind of romantic or otherwise deep relationship with Loyd doesn't contradict anything. It fleshed out a bit of both character's background and sets the stage for the next developments.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HanShan7 said:

It fleshed out a bit of both character's background and sets the stage for the next developments.

And how many characters that exist today had proper developments outside of the initial quest line? Because the whole Ostron bunch pretty much stayed the same as we've been shown initially all those years ago, character development-wise, and the same holds mostly true for vast majority of the content island population with exceptions like Teshin being few and far between.