Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When are we going to get ways to buff up ability range?

Hejirah-Umbra

Because range is crazy powerful, 250% is already pretty OP on most frames, we definitely don't need 350%.

The only area where we need increased ranges are the open worlds, but for those I'd advocate for a passive +400% range to all abilities rather than additional mods to band-aid fix that problem.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Hejirah-Umbra said:

Why DE?

because there's a fine line between power fantasy and just being too damn powerful, and having any more range will shatter the line into a million pieces. seriously, it would be beyond busted with a lot of frames.

53 minutes ago, Hejirah-Umbra said:

t's not that I need that kind of range, it's about Overextended having a massive strength drain.

modding is supposed to be a process of give and take; you can't have it all ways. it's why we don't have -and probably never will get -  a dedicated augment slot. 

Edited by (PSN)robotwars7

What first poster said.

I think DE realized pretty early on due to Map wide CC that Ability Range was a very dangerous stat.
They probably regret making the corrupted mods back in the day.

1 hour ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

because there's a fine line between power fantasy and just being too damn powerful, and having any more range will shatter the line into a million pieces. seriously, it would be beyond busted with a lot of frames.

But Octavia is still a thing =D

3 hours ago, Hejirah-Umbra said:

There's like a trillion ways to boost your power strength (yawn), you have many ways to bypass having to need high(er) efficiency (energize, steadfast, helstrum/equilibrium), there's even one arcane for duration.

But we never get anything involving increasing range.

Why DE?

Because our range is already way too high as it stands?

I mean we have abilities with 60-80 meter radius already.
That covers the vast majority of tiles in their entirety (and then some of the neighboring tiles as well!)

What use could you have to go to hitting 2-4 tiles at the same time?

Our map wide CC is already strong enough, we don't need a "I cast this ability and then 4 tiles over enemies are fully CCd from it!"

The only way DE would give us more range would be through some new Corrupted mod with a massive downside or some overly conditional Arcane that only works for one cast. And after it ended up in the game they'd be pressured to either immediately nerf the new addition and/or start nerfing nuke abilities in some way.

It's something players both don't need and aren't ready to pay the price for having. So you're just going to have to deal with the current system of only deleting the room you're currently in.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Hejirah-Umbra:

There's like a trillion ways to boost your power strength (yawn), you have many ways to bypass having to need high(er) efficiency (energize, steadfast, helstrum/equilibrium), there's even one arcane for duration.

But we never get anything involving increasing range.

Why DE?

We already had that topic 2 days ago. Please search before starting new threads.