Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

NW: Mod Critical Mutation

PrideB4TheFall

The Nightwave Critical Mutation mod is in desperate need of a nerf very soon. I just finished a Survival having run 25 minutes. I have a moderate mirage build and a fairly crappy corrosive build on my Catabolyst. with virtually no effort on my part, I was getting 3 million red crit damage. I can't speak for everyone, but this really had a souring experience for me. I have a PSN account with years worth invested time. (I'm not a meta build chaser.) My best damage I had ever seen with any build I put together was just over 1 million. To hand this kind of power over to a player is downright detrimental to Warframe's best interests.

On the whole I love The Whispers update. it is a magical experience thus far, and I have enjoyed it very much... (CastleVania anyone?  =)

Anyway, I hope this gets addressed, the power level is absurd.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

...why was your experience soured from dealing big damage (the whole point of the mod)?

Dunno, I just don't feel like I earned it.

Catabolyst: 3 mods total: Critical mutation, convulsion and Barrel Diffusion produced that.

Mirage: Total eclipse , Hall of Malevolence, power strength of  130.

Edited by PrideB4TheFall

35 minutes ago, PrideB4TheFall said:

My best damage I had ever seen with any build I put together was just over 1 million. To hand this kind of power over to a player is downright detrimental to Warframe's best interests.

If the best build you have made hit just over a mill then you are blissfully unaware of current day WF.

19 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

The Catabolyst was already pretty powerful as is, this is why it's a good idea to check out more weapons.

Non auto reload is ass enough to not bother.

• Like 5

3 million damage in a 5m AoE oh boy do I got nerf trinity vibes here. You do realize that mag can deal that damage in an AoE almost 10x that range right? 3 mil on an inconsistant basis cause of the need to reload on empty doesnt sound in the need of a nerf. You wanna see something in need of a nerf look at occucor or bramma still, you can wipe a room with the push of a button.

If you have years worth of investment then you should have the ability to put together builds that can do that much damage so this shouldn't be an outlier. Players are already handed over about as much damage through other sources for about as much investment (mind you what it takes to get the Catabolyst in the first place).

But you already have the solution by not being a meta chaser: just don't use the mod/weapon.

26 minutes ago, PrideB4TheFall said:

Dunno, I just don't feel like I earned it.

Sounds like a personal problem?

maybe don't use it if you feel like you don't deserve it.

form my perspective, my long neglected Catabolyst is finally good for something, so feel its great. and would be pretty unhappy to see it nerfed for Your sake.

47 minutes ago, Voltage said:

That's because it's double dipping crit mods. :facepalm:

Why am I not surprised that Double-dipping is responsible for high damage output. . .?

44 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

form my perspective, my long neglected Catabolyst is finally good for something, so feel its great. and would be pretty unhappy to see it nerfed for Your sake.

You think the Catabolyst is neglected? It came out in Deimos! There is probably a dozen other (secondary) weapons that could be put on the neglect list before Catbolyst even comes into discussion with what it has.

1 hour ago, PrideB4TheFall said:

I have a moderate mirage build

TBF, using Mirage is almost like a cheat code when it comes to damage compared to other frames that don't have damage buffing. Compared to the general pickings of other secondaries where the only option before Catbolyst came out was the Kuva Nukor so you are probably only made aware of the potential secondaries have with the only slightly below top dog options but well above par options that exist.

And reading the mod for the first time, oh yeah that is busted. 300% CC or CD is really strong but both? Yeah you caught my eye and I can see why you think that would be busted. And the cherry on top is that it only costs 7 drain! Maybe we'll see if a nerf is needed after they fix the double-dipping, if they even do that which I doubt it given other sources of double dipping already exist.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

The Catabolyst seems like it would be so fun if they didn't require the manual reload.  Oh well, thankfully there are plenty of other fun weapons to use.

what's messed up, is when it was first introduced, it Didn't require a manual reload.

It would stop firing when you emptied the mag, then subsequent attempting to press fire while still empty would toss the grenade.

Felt really smooth and natural since all my attacks can be on my attack buttons, not my reload button -except not to someone with butter fingers who complained...

so they changed it to the clunky thing we have now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

The Catabolyst seems like it would be so fun if they didn't require the manual reload.  Oh well, thankfully there are plenty of other fun weapons to use.

Yes it's like the Tenet Diplos where it is has a unique feature that needs a different interaction from the hundreds of other weapons, the strength of the weapon is not worth it for the lack of consistency.

• Like 1

Single digit millions in a game where a billion in a single hit is possible, not quite sure I would call it game breaking. Typically things get nerfed, even if they're actually objectively bad, when they're used a lot or just enable inactive gameplay. Balancing damage is pretty much not a thing. You can see the same problem with survivability, immortality on one hand vs instantly dead on the other.