The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Odds we are getting Warframes with our operator heads as another helm option after Warframe 1999? Back in 2022 I called it partial Transferance.

(XBOX)SweatyPick3L

I keep getting hints that we will get to use our operator heads on our Warframes as helmets after Warframe 1999. By hints I mean in one of the new tilsets there is a graphic on a wall depicting a mag Warframe with an operator/drifter head.  Or somthing like this: Jk35r9D.jpg

I just can’t seem to find it again to get a good screen shot. That said what are the odds this will be a thing. And the fact that I’ve wanted this since 2022.

Edited by (XBOX)YoungGunn82

Collect the Codex fragments and listen to the stories within, and you'll probably have a better understanding of that picture and why it's not what you're hoping for.

Spoiler

In short, the diagram you found is a diagram of Aoi, the owner of the femme voice from our coms during our short stint in 1999.  She's a specific person from the past who Albrecht made into a new human-Warframe hybrid.

Edited by (PSN)Unstar
added spoiler just in case it was wanted, and to make it clear i wasn't trying to be coy
  • Like 4

Dammit, I was just going to make a topic like this, ah well.

The odds on this by the way are like non-existent since it'll require "too much work" and on top of that IF we did get something like this, it'd be for Drifter only because remember, only the Drifter is the same size of our Frames and I don't think DE wanna go down the road of putting a Child in a frame like Wisp or Mesa (cuz someone WILL have a problem with that)

So, if we do get it it'll be Drifter only and to make sure they'll only work for the Drifter you have atm, so no cross-dressing with Warframes, since I doubt DE want to open that bag. (Yes they are Warframes, but some Waframes have..different sizes).

That's how I see it.

Edit: If you take a look at the Gallery from the Wiki, it does show concepts of other face types used on Excal and some look very Drifter like of the hair we have now, so it's not too far fetched but I won't hold my breath

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

42 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

So, if we do get it it'll be Drifter only and to make sure they'll only work for the Drifter you have atm, so no cross-dressing with Warframes, since I doubt DE want to open that bag. (Yes they are Warframes, but some Waframes have..different sizes).

I'm pretty sure [DE]Rebecca has a custom skin that lets her put the Lotus head on any frame -- I swear there was a livestream some while back where she played as Rhino with Lotus' head. So, I mean... it's possible. I don't think it's likely, though.

Edit: found an image of it from a four-year-old Reddit thread:

40kqidzjjox21.png

Edited by Packetdancer
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

I keep getting hints that we will get to use our operator heads on our Warframes as helmets after Warframe 1999. By hints I mean in one of the new tilsets there is a graphic on a wall depicting a mag Warframe with an operator/drifter head.  Or somthing like this: Jk35r9D.jpg

I just can’t seem to find it again to get a good screen shot. That said what are the odds this will be a thing. And the fact that I’ve wanted this since 2022.

Sooo.... when you say "I keep getting hints" you meant "I saw one thing that looked sort of kind of but not really like it"? Where are the other Hints, that turn Hint plural?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Packetdancer said:

I'm pretty sure [DE]Rebecca has a custom skin that lets her put the Lotus head on any frame -- I swear there was a livestream some while back where she played as Rhino with Lotus' head. So, I mean... it's possible. I don't think it's likely, though.

Yes but the "Lotus" head has a helmet on covering most of the face, so at first glance no one will know and since the Lotus has the mask on all the time, the face is rarely shown and lacks the same humanoid look that the Drfiters/Operators faces have and it is likely the "head" is just a reskin of a default helmet, the mouth or face does not move. So it's effectively a doll face.

However, allowing Operators to be in frames like Wisp or Mesa (etc) will be very questionable, Drifters would be more forgiving as they are full-grown adults, but allowing say a Male Drifter slapped on a Wisp frame or so, it'll open a can of worms. (More so with Nezha)

So this is why I think DE will avoid it, I could be wrong

40kqidzjjox21.png

omg hahahaha XD.

Lotus: "change of plans, ignore your original objective; leave NOTHING alive!"

Tenno: "seriously? AGAIN?? spacemom, I just want to run this capture and-"

Lotus: "fine, Tenno. I guess I'll do it myself..."

Tenno: "wait, what?"

*this abomination lands right next to the Tenno*.

Lotus-Rhino: "go to extraction Tenno, mom has to.... work late..."

*lotus-rhino dashes forward into the fray, all that can be heard are screams and the breaking of bones*

*the now even more mentally scarred Tenno runs faster than a strength Volt on 50 red bulls to extraction*

Edited by (PSN)robotwars7
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

Guns on her arms say that's a Mesa Prime, not a Mag.  Also the "By Ferreus Demon" line at the bottom combined with what seems to be semi-decent background layering say that that's a fake image.

Really good bait though.  While I'm sure there is a picture of Aoi in her "Mag" suit somewhere in one of the new tilesets, that pic definitely isn't it.  Definitely want that faceguard though; don't believe that's in the game though.

40kqidzjjox21.png

Yet somehow not even the most cursed frame thing she's shown us....

the-day-loki-broke-the-internet-v0-4jcob

Edited by Raarsi

8 hours ago, Raarsi said:

Guns on her arms say that's a Mesa Prime, not a Mag.  Also the "By Ferreus Demon" line at the bottom combined with what seems to be semi-decent background layering say that that's a fake image.

I want you to go back to the post and read it again...

Look carefully at " Or something like this" after what OP posted..

18 hours ago, Packetdancer said:

40kqidzjjox21.png

It's a full on skin for helmet and body. Never seen just the head equipped though lmao.

12 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I want you to go back to the post and read it again...

Look carefully at " Or something like this" after what OP posted..

Does that one schematic on the wall look something like that portrait the OP showed?  I get what you're saying, but I'm not giving them the benefit of the doubt for trying to compare a painting to a blueprint of an art museum.

At least the blueprint looks neat though.  A fancy Mag suit for Aoi.