Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unskipeable dialog

Sprinngam

When unlocking a new hub the first time speaking with every npc you have to wait untill the rant is over which sometimes takes even more than 1 minute. Depending on how many npcs there are you can waste 10 to 20 minutes cause there is no skip button. Why do we still have unskipable dialog?

• Like 8

Look at them, they come to this place, when they know they are not pure! Tenno use the keys, but they are mere trespassers, only I, Vor, know the true power of the Void..

For real though, its always been this way, and probably will never change. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Sprinngam said:

When unlocking a new hub the first time

You only do it once.

speaking with every npc you have to wait untill the rant is over

To do it only once and hear the story.

which sometimes takes even more than 1 minute. Depending on how many npcs there are you can waste 10 to 20 minutes cause there is no skip button. 

10 to 20 minutes, do you fish that's a great story, there aren't 20 NPC in any one hub you need to clear one time.

32 minutes ago, Sprinngam said:

Why do we still have unskipable dialog?

So you don't speed through the game not wanting to stop to smell the roses, and I guess it's locking in your account as completed so next time you don't need to talk to the few of them again.

Why is everyone in such a hurry nowadays? *sigh*

• Like 2

1 hour ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Look at them, they come to this place, when they know they are not pure! Tenno use the keys, but they are mere trespassers, only I, Vor, know the true power of the Void..

I started reading it normally but just after "look at" I started sound like Vor...It's so memorable. Then I laughed.

37 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:
1 hour ago, Sprinngam said:

Why do we still have unskipable dialog?

So you don't speed through the game not wanting to stop to smell the roses, and I guess it's locking in your account as completed so next time you don't need to talk to the few of them again.

It honestly depends. You could watch quest online before. In missions sometimes I just want to have button for all voices:

https://youtu.be/-VuYCLelIO8?si=2F1h8gpW6C006D0Y&t=90

They talk too much when I'm fighting.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, quxier said:

I started reading it normally but just after "look at" I started sound like Vor...It's so memorable. Then I laughed.

It honestly depends. You could watch quest online before. In missions sometimes I just want to have button for all voices:

https://youtu.be/-VuYCLelIO8?si=2F1h8gpW6C006D0Y&t=90

They talk too much when I'm fighting.

Thats a cool video.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Sprinngam:

When unlocking a new hub the first time speaking with every npc you have to wait untill the rant is over which sometimes takes even more than 1 minute. Depending on how many npcs there are you can waste 10 to 20 minutes cause there is no skip button. Why do we still have unskipable dialog?

the same with cutscenes. many are bad or boring.
Because for a good story there are good books or good movies.

-> If you like it, you should listen/read it. Otherwise you should skip everything.

and these landing video sequences or before the boss are also boring after X times... that's a grind game! You should even have to switch something like that off in the option!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Me and a lot of other players want to move fast when dealing with quests so we have more time farming. While farming we look up for the story 
I was just asking for a skip button 

11 hours ago, Venus-Venera said:

and these landing video sequences or before the boss are also boring after X times... that's a grind game! You should even have to switch something like that off in the option!

At a guess, they do that so it loads all the code while everyone is in the area.

8 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

It can happen multiple times if you have to reinstall the game. I've personally had to listen to everyone in Fortuna at least twice

Yes, that would suck, though you'd think the account settings would remember the PH.

8 hours ago, Sprinngam said:

Me and a lot of other players want to move fast when dealing with quests so we have more time farming. While farming we look up for the story 
I was just asking for a skip button 

Fair enough. 👍

On 2024-01-05 at 9:16 AM, Sprinngam said:

If you hate it the first time around don't accidentally click on the dialog the next time you visit a given NPC you'll spend another 20 minutes listening to their crying.

On 2024-01-05 at 9:19 AM, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

So you can appreciate the story

I don't though.  I do not care about these characters because absolutely nothing was done in the writing or story to make me care about these characters.  I do not know them, I have had no dealings with them, we are not friends, yet they drop them in our laps, trauma dump on us, and expect that to be enough "bonding" for the players to care about them.  Imagine having a coworker that just starts dumping all this on you the first day on the job.  I know for me, I'd avoid that person afterward.  

It doesn't help that all of them are frustrating to deal with.  The fish is condescending, which makes me want to turn him into sushi.  Tagfer needs to lower his voice.  Dude is constantly yelling at us, calling us idiots for...  doing what we're supposed to do and killing dangerous things, and acting like we're dumb for trying keyglyphs.  I don't know him like that, he needs to find some chill.  The bird is just dumb, and I don't like dumb-trope characters.  He's at least tolerable most of the time.

They did the same thing with the Zariman characters.  The only one that grew on me was Cavalero.  They keep trying to make an emotional bond appear out of thin air, and then hoping that not letting me skip the dialogue will force that in better.  It makes me resent them even more.  If the writing was any good, I wouldn't be skipping the writing.

On 2024-01-05 at 9:30 AM, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

But new Vor is skippable.  I love every second of it.  It's almost worth running a couple rounds of the circuit just to bully Vor and shut him up mid sentence.

Haha.

Normally and with consideration, I’m for the option of skippable dialogue.

I can’t deny though that there’s a certain deliciousness to the thought of some rusher suddenly being forced to slow down. It adds a certain quality to any dialogue that I don’t feel like skipping when I know that someone’s desperately trying to figure out how to bypass what I’m listening to and once more speed through everything without a care. It’s like there’s a subtle undercurrent of wailing and keyboard clacking while the characters talk, adding an extra layer to the dialogue

On 2024-01-07 at 1:31 PM, uberfu said:

If you hate it the first time around don't accidentally click on the dialog the next time you visit a given NPC you'll spend another 20 minutes listening to their crying.

I was talking about the first interaction with an NPC 

If players can "accidentally" make a Lich they'll definitely accidentally skip dialogue they didn't want to. This community simply can't be trusted with such a feature plus DE doesn't put story and dialogue in the game for nothing.

• Like 2

There's no harm in putting a skip button in. Until then, I suggest just tabbing out to not waste your time. For the quest, you can also use Nightwave menu to skip dialogue though this is unrelated to the annoying forced cutscenes.

Players enjoy the content in different ways and can still respect it without being forced to listen to boring lore they don't want to hear. Giving options for players to do this is not a bad thing. The lore is not needed at all to enjoy the gameplay or progress the account. Such a small qol is definitely not amiss.

Edited by FeRixia

Just listen to the dialogue. You don't need to blitz through everything as fast as possible and have the new shiny before everyone else. Slow down, pay attention to what's going on around you, and chew your damn food.

• Like 1

Wish there was an option that could enable/disable certain “cutscenes” such as those. I would enable them on a heartbeat if it means constantly seeing the Fortuna cutscene (when you first go there). 

9 hours ago, MechNexus said:

Just listen to the dialogue. You don't need to blitz through everything as fast as possible and have the new shiny before everyone else. Slow down, pay attention to what's going on around you, and chew your damn food.

This comment (and others like it) don't help solve the problem of the player not enjoying or wanting it in the first place. Many quest cutscenes are skippable in the first place so why is NPC dialogue not skippable also? Players can play for actual missions, not to sit there listening to some dude we don't care about to monologue over a story we don't care about. If you enjoy that type of thing, cool. But don't assume everyone also wants to. Adding options to skip (and making it not easy to accidentally trip) fits both parties and is something already in the game for other cutscenes.