Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

howd you feel about dagath ?

_Anise_

Just started playing the frame, I built adaption (not sure if need) along with Brief respite catalyzing shields so her 4 works out great as an "oh sh!z" button for the shield rechange combined with even more iframe!

her passive doesn't seem great ? I build for a higher energy pool and some efficiency but relying completely on her passive would have me out of energy most of the time without arcane energize

it seems a VERY active playstyle that requires spamming 2 then 1 for regular enemies 4 for ones that need defenses removing

there seem to be no indicator that the 3 is doing anything feels abit odd ? (bug : sometimes when the 3 procs the shadow effects never go away for the rest of the mission!)

there is also no (obvious) indicator i can see that doom is up on enemies ?

but for all that work it doesn't seem all that effective, there isn't a lot of payoff? for example all I do on mag is press 2 shoot an arrow into it and top the damage meters! Dagath I feel like I am killing stuff but never topping any meters!

I am using guns built for crit / crit damage, my base stats are 175 range 169 str before molt augmented kicks in, no helminth.

this this generally how it goes for dagath?

Edited by _Anise_

I have no idea how to build Dagath, I even asked around and haven't received a satisfactory answer. So, what I did was to go the way if brute force.

IMG-20240108-173925.jpg

It's probably super wrong but it works and it's comfortable to use, and that's what matters the most to me.

• Like 1

image.png

I see you're getting a lot of energy from mods, I was considering equilibrium since my companion can aoe generate me a lot of health orbs into energy but energize is fine for now also not sure I need adaption because I am just going immune any time I take damage so I might just stick rolling guard for even more immune or something else Im no sure, maybe more str at the cost of efficiency, its working with just 1 forma and same I couldn't find builds that didn't go into helminth which I wasn't really interested in doing, I like the whole kit!

open to feedback

17 minutes ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

I have no idea how to build Dagath, I even asked around and haven't received a satisfactory answer. So, what I did was to go the way if brute force.

IMG-20240108-173925.jpg

It's probably super wrong but it works and it's comfortable to use, and that's what matters the most to me.

you don't need blind rage. save your energy. dagath's 4 hits enemies multiple times per pass-through, so 1 cast is enough to armor strip marked enemies. You can replace it with the new Precision Intensify mod, or just regular intensify or transient fortitude.

If health tanking works for you, more power to you. I find it easier to just use brief respite + rolling guard. 

to OP: she's an awesome caster frame, able to trample anything in SP with little issue. (replies keep #*!%ing merging idk why)

Edited by Skoomaseller
omega cancer site stop merging my #*!%ING replies

15 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

you don't need blind rage. save your energy. dagath's 4 hits enemies multiple times per pass-through, so 1 cast is enough to armor strip marked enemies. You can replace it with the new Precision Intensify mod, or just regular intensify or transient fortitude.

If health tanking works for you, more power to you. I find it easier to just use brief respite + rolling guard. 

Fractured Blast and Equilibrium have me topped up all the time. It's a great combination and works well with Dagath's passive. I need the strength to buff the Blast. Once I have spare Azure Shards, I'll give her Precision Intensify instead of Primed Flow.

As for using health, I figured this combination of mods + her passive would make for great healing through Orbs alone, which is true so she doesn't need further sustain.

Edited by (PSN)Sentiel
Typo
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

Fractured Blast and Equilibrium have me topped up all the time. It's a great combination and works well with Dagath's passive. I need the strength to buff the Blast. Once I have spare Azure Shards, I'll give her Precision Intensify instead of Primed Flow.

As for using health, I figured this combination of mods + her passive would make for great healing through Orbs alone, which is true so she doesn't need further sustain.

ah you infused citrine's ability. didn't catch that.

1 hour ago, _Anise_ said:

image.png

I see you're getting a lot of energy from mods, I was considering equilibrium since my companion can aoe generate me a lot of health orbs into energy but energize is fine for now also not sure I need adaption because I am just going immune any time I take damage so I might just stick rolling guard for even more immune or something else Im no sure, maybe more str at the cost of efficiency, its working with just 1 forma and same I couldn't find builds that didn't go into helminth which I wasn't really interested in doing, I like the whole kit!

open to feedback

with catalyzing shields and brief respite, you are clearly going for the shield gate setup. for this, drop adaptation and use rolling guard.

apart from that, your build looks fine. I'd use Primed Flow & Primed Sure Footed over base Flow and Power Drift. not sure if you have those, or if you want to rely on PSF at all.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Skoomaseller said:

with catalyzing shields and brief respite, you are clearly going for the shield gate setup

yep ! tbh not sure why I put adaption on, I probably wont be tanking much with so little hp, but yeah I went for shield gating because it seemed a nautral fit with her 4 already giving some immunity

Edited by _Anise_
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

I haven't had time to make an opinion. He seems to do a lot of damage though.

Hold on. Have you seen HER face?

.... yes I had to.

4 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

her passive doesn't seem great ? I build for a higher energy pool and some efficiency but relying completely on her passive would have me out of energy most of the time without arcane energize

I guess her passive is some kind of joke.

it seems a VERY active playstyle that requires spamming 2 then 1 for regular enemies 4 for ones that need defenses removing

That's what you are suppose to do. 1st spreads Doom (2nd) so in most cases you would at least cast 2 abilities frequently. Then there is 4th. If your 1st, your crit boosted weapons or other stuff don't kill enemies do (1+)2+4. The thing is... why? If I want armor strip I can subsume STyanax' Thanos strike and have armor strip available for all sources. It's just overcomplicated dependency (not synergy).

but for all that work it doesn't seem all that effective, there isn't a lot of payoff? for example all I do on mag is press 2 shoot an arrow into it and top the damage meters! Dagath I feel like I am killing stuff but never topping any meters!

Some frames are like this. They require lot of button presses where old frame had it more streamlined. It's good and bad.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

Just started playing the frame, I built adaption (not sure if need) along with Brief respite catalyzing shields so her 4 works out great as an "oh sh!z" button for the shield rechange combined with even more iframe!

I guess those can work, but IIRC she gets I-frames when casting her 4 and your 3rd ability prevents death, so I never found any need to put Adaptation on her.

I recommend Arcane Steadfast on her. granted until you rank it up it has a very slim chance of proc'ing, but when it does, you get 3 free casts and that means you can spam her (very powerful) ult or recast 3 if it's not on cooldown and you need it. I run energize too, and while she is a pretty hungry gal, I can run her with 75% efficiency and not have to worry about energy too much (not running Zenurik either, but obviously that would help too)

pretty much: her gameplay loop is a lot like Sevagoth, which I like, but then I like Sevagoth too. she excels at quick room clearing and stripping tougher enemies, if it doesn't resist viral damage, she can kill it.

there seem to be no indicator that the 3 is doing anything feels abit odd ? (bug : sometimes when the 3 procs the shadow effects never go away for the rest of the mission!)

3 is a set and forget ability; cast it at the start of the mission, and if you take a lethal hit, it will activate. you then get temporary invincibility and a buff until it expires, at which point it goes on cooldown for like 20 secs. by rights though it should have that pulsing version of the power icon, like you normally get when a power is active. I've had the shadow bug, and yes, it can be annoying (I have Green energy on my Dagath so it looks like ectoplasm lol) 

here is also no (obvious) indicator i can see that doom is up on enemies ?

doomed enemies should have a sort of "4 point star/crossed slashes" effect on them, matching your energy colour. if you have dark energy on your Dagath, you might not see it, as I said, I have green energy on mine so I know straight away when an enemy is marked. IIRC a Wyrd Scythe hovers above their head as well.

I am using guns built for crit / crit damage, my base stats are 175 range 169 str before molt augmented kicks in, no helminth.

tbh you should be able to get away with most guns on Dagath if you're stripping enemy defenses with your 4, and you don't need it to be modded for Viral since your abilities deal Viral for you, so that allows you to use whatever other elements you want. she's decent in melee as well as long as her 3 is up. 

I really like Dagath overall: she's one of my favourite newer frames. 

Edited by (PSN)robotwars7
  • Like 1

I think Dagath is great. Very potent and fun. As far as effectiveness? 

Ehh, see, often this can be really subjective, and over lap with our personal play styles. I often think a lot of players aren't always that good at recognising other play styles. So then considering their own. Since there is a difference between recognising and acknowledging other play styles, and having your own, and developing it versus having a narrow linear ideas of what you think something should be. Which is important, since people can also have multiple play styles themselves, the ability to consider other ways of approaching a build, helps you develop your own potentially builds, plural. Like with some Warframes, I have a powers focused build and play style, where they can kill with just powers, but I also often have builds and play styles with them involving guns, because I like Warframe guns and find them fun. Plus different situations in game, may warrant it. 

Dagath I usually use in high density Steel Path missions, and I play her as a caster, as in casting a lot. Steel Path means a lot of enemies, and often Eximus, so I don't really have any energy problems with her, I find her slow also extremely effective for survival with her 3. So I like to play her a bit like a glass cannon. I do have a build thats more tanky though, as far as Arcanes. I have a build thats more of a gun platform. 

That also being said, figuring out and developing such builds is what I find fun in Warframe. It makes total sense to me, and is very and normal and fair when I see people who bounce off Warframes I personally like, because they might not be as interested in that process for every Warframe. 

• Like 1

She feels bad to use, because you only have two options for building her: Shield gating (vomit) or stuffing triple Umbral into her (which isn't an option on a non-Prime for 99% of players). So if you don't want to cheat with shield gating (vomit) then you have to use half her mod slots just to bulk up her survivability, leaving no space for actual fun mods. Just a clunky mess that DE very clearly didn't put any thought into.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Hexerin said:

She feels bad to use, because you only have two options for building her: Shield gating (vomit) or stuffing triple Umbral into her (which isn't an option on a non-Prime for 99% of players). So if you don't want to cheat with shield gating (vomit) then you have to use half her mod slots just to bulk up her survivability, leaving no space for actual fun mods. Just a clunky mess that DE very clearly didn't put any thought into.

not... really? I do just fine with Brief respite + rolling guard. 1 mod slot, 1 aura. besides, she has her 3 to fall back on.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

I really like Dagath overall: she's one of my favourite newer frames. 

there are a bunch of frames the playstyle just does not work for me, Dagath isn't on that list!

but I had to check if I was doing it right because on a scale of "not working" to "mind blowing" she feels somewhere in the middle for me "fine, just works"

The Dagath build I settled with is the following.

Arcanes: Blessing and Molt Augmented.

Aura: Brief Respite, Exilus: Primed Sure Footed

Mods: Umbra Vitality, Umbra Intensify, Health Conversion, Stretch, Fleeting (1 from max), Streamline (1 from max), Energy Nexus, Primed Continuity

Shards: 2x Cast Speed, 3x Armor. All Tau if you have them.

Focus: Unairu

Third skill replaced by Fractured Blast.

This gives me around 2300 health, 2350 armor, constant shield gating, an abundance of health/energy orbs covering the map and enough strength to strip defenses fully and then some extra for higher damage from the skills. I play her near fully as a caster. I practically only use a weapon versus things like the Rogue Voidrigs. Energy Nexus is simply there to get me back to 6 energy quickly incase I get drained by an outside source so I can recast Fractured Blast if needed asap for orbs to rain.

• Like 1

personally, i found her to be fun, active. i didnt have to reinvent the wheel or stuff her full of forma /shards to make functional

much like citrine , out the door she was functional and can only improve over time with touchups 

unlike voruna which has had several issues in terms of implementation, and a bandaid augment, not to say she isnt useable/fun but that her innate kit was a quick put together given a time crunch

the latest 3 frames have seemed fairly flushed out and usable for various playstyles 

• Like 1

I like Dagath. I play her like a battlemage, casting spells and swinging my Sancti at things. I'd even say I like her more than Voruna right now and I seriously loved that frame for her playstyle but I dunno... Dagath just hits different with me. Plus it's always nice to not have to switch out her kit for a helminth ability. Sure it'd be beneficial in most builds I suspect, but I find she does pretty great with her kit right now. 

I'm not a big honse fan though, it's a good fit for her but I could have done without it personally. But that's my only complaint, minor as it is. 

I build her for armor but I can totally see why people build her for shield gating with her spammy powers. I just like armor. 

Overall solid frame for me! It's pretty rare that I click with frames, shame I couldn't click with the newest one despite being totally my thing. For now though: Dagath is for me! 

• Like 1

I love her a LOT!

not only does she fit one of my favorite Puritan witch/ horror witch type Aesthetic...she's very fun to play and very useful.

Doom works on EVERYONE, including Profit taker which is insane!

her critical damage buff is very good with Doom, I have yet to try her with Gotva prime, but every other crit weapon is strong with her.

it seems that she was designed with high level disruption missions in mind because you need almost every ability to deal with demolysts (1 to slow them, 4 to strip their defenses and 2 + 3 to kill them)

I have built her for PURE shield gating, brief respite, catalyzing shields, rolling guard. because I love the playstyle, it's frustrating but fun.

• Like 1

Another thing I'd like to add, Dagath works better without helminth, I've tried many abilities, and it only seemed to narrow down her versatility.

Wrathful advance makes her a melee only frame, Gloom makes her a Pure Caster frame.

these builds work for sure, but only for those specific playstyles, and they don't have the same freedom that you have with a pure Dagath build with no helminth.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

not... really? I do just fine with Brief respite + rolling guard. 1 mod slot, 1 aura. besides, she has her 3 to fall back on.

Admittedly lazy on my end, but my standard build that never uses Adaptation, Rolling Guard, or Primed Sure Footed even in Steel Path is more than sufficient enough.

Dagath is rather deceivingly strong, but her tips lack some clear information. Specifically, Doom (2) dealing bonus 35% True damage of the total damage victims taken within the next 2 seconds of being affected by Doom. That leads to:

• Wyrd Scythes spreading Doom onto new enemies from previously Doomed enemies.
  • Double the crit bonus from Grave Spirit onto Doomed enemies.
  • Armor stripping from Rakhali's Cavalry

With the sheer amount of Viral procs from her abilities, you can swap them out for something else. For those using Molted Augmented, be sure to fall into pits to recast Grave Spirit for the higher Crit Damage.

• Like 3

On 2024-01-10 at 6:30 AM, Qorvex99 said:

Doom works on EVERYONE, including Profit taker which is insane!

does it work on the new murmur boss too ? do any of her other skills ?

On 2024-01-10 at 7:04 AM, Duality52 said:

be sure to fall into pits to recast Grave Spirit for the higher Crit Damage.

this being the case I almost want / think DE should make it so it can be recast while active to get a better version.

On 2024-01-08 at 9:58 AM, _Anise_ said:

there is also no (obvious) indicator i can see that doom is up on enemies ?

this this generally how it goes for dagath?

I use a pretty squishy shield gate setup for her (Brief Respite, Rolling Guard, and two augur mods), and it's enough to stay alive in Steel Path.  The 3 is a safety net if I need it, but it almost never triggers.

I should add that I've been pairing her with a radioactive Epitaph build for spammable CC.  It helps take the pressure off.

Dagath is a fantastic Disruption frame.  She's got snares, defense stripping, a safety net, and massive damage amplification.  She's too reliant on agreeable terrain to be qualified as a general nuker, but she's excellent focused DPS against applicable enemies.  She's another great recent frame.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

does it work on the new murmur boss too ? do any of her other skills ?

well to answer your question first, yes, but I need to clarify that these types of bosses don't get damaged by Doom's scythes, at least it looks that way, However priming them with Doom does give you the double critical damage buff from her third ability. 

• Like 1

Dagath is certainly strong. She also has extremely good passive damage buff. But getting her to the point where she is comfortable to use in SP+ is pretty expensive.

For me that point is Vitality + Adaptation + Arcane Guardian + 2 health shards (Tauforged for max overkill). This makes Dagath comfortably tanky in SP for me. I also use Incarnon Ceramic dagger with Life Strike to instantly heal myself. I personally hate shield gating on Dagath thematically and mechanically.

With that I have a frame with great passive buffs, great survivability and decent nuke potential. I also don't have to spam abilities like crazy just to survive. But looking at the investment it's certainly not cheap and accessible. I made that investment for the sake of variety because I'm getting bored playing other frames but it's not like I would recommend an average player go and get her asap as their first generally powerful frame in favor of frames like Protea, Mesa or Saryn.

Edited by Otaiken
  • Like 1