Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post things you miss that arent a thing anymore.

Old blast proccs with the Sibear. You could have the sibear be only blast and when you did a heavy attack enemies would go flying 100m+ if blast procced. In outdoor tilesets you’d send enemies off the map and inside they’d ragdoll off all the walls.

The old system of Kuva Liches:

Could actually be armor strippped, now they can't and there has been no mention about this "change" so I still remain in the belief that this is a bug.

Oull requiems made it less likely for experts and less incentive to rank it up. Whereas the old system I was more likely to go to rank 5 liches where I'd find newbies struggling and help them out. Now I rarely go to that level.

The set planetary controlled change rotation also contributes to this no help higher rank liches noobs logic.

No forced Railjack, no forced waiting there/arbitrary mission timer increase because/before the final confrontation.

No Damage attenuation, they were still a beast to fight even without it.

Akarius before the ammo rework. Most of the other AOE weapons getting hit hard I can understand. But the Akarius needed some help even then and still needs help even more than before. Status weapon meant that you actually used up the shots you were allotted in the already very limited ammo pool it had. It was also fun watching my Twin spam the hell out of the Akarius which I could never do because you needed to have heavy investment to see similar levels of success, was my pet weapon to use back then and while there were higher KPS weapons to use the Akarius still eclipsed regular KPS methods for other frames since the twin would just spam it to heart's content which you can't do with the weapon.

Something related to the Chains of Harrow questline. I don't really miss it but it's a shame that it disappeared :

Révélation

During the quest, we ends up exploring an old and abandonned corpus ship. And i find that the corpus ships design before the remastered tilesets (released with the Deadlock Protocol update) was way more fitting for the vibe coming from the quest. For having done this quest both before and after this redesign, i always found this part of the quest scarier and more disturbing with the old tileset. The corridors were narrower, more uniform and with less detail, thus giving a more oppressing feeling. Exploring this old ship still stuck in a previous era, not only would have been one more frightening factor to this quest, but also a legacy from the past of Warframe. The only remains we have now of this old tileset is its infested version.

It's a shame that the old style wasn't kept for this quest.

Edited by Yulfan
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, quxier said:

Wait... when was that? I'm too old to remember that. However Sentients were huge threat-

When i was very new to the game and didn't know how to mod properly the stalker used to be more intimidating. Some of the sentients used to be rediculous too lol. 

• Like 1

The old Corpus tileset

Lotus' old voice

The sound design. (I don't know about anyone else but I feel they took the punch out of gunshots and gore noises)

Trials

The "super ninja kick" that would make you fly forward 20 meters every time.

When AOE wasn't meta. Nothing sucks more than not being able to play the game at all because someone clicked one time with the Kuva Ogris or Sporelacer etc.

The slower paced gameplay

Red Butcher Vor (if you know, you know)

• Like 3

9 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

Old Draco

Gian Point

Pre-AoE Meta

CC frames actually being viable options

Void Towers*

*There was something special about spending 20 waves in a T4 Def and actually having to consider what frames to bring, because the lack of AoE weapons meant that you actually had to prioritize targets.

I was with you on all of these except T4Def

There was no consideration, everyone ran Frost + Mesa + Nyx/Vauban. Your wild card was either EVTrin, Nova, or Nekros if someone needed Argon

The AoE meta was always there, it was just named "Mesa"

Edited by TARINunit9

Old Corpus Ship Defence Tileset. The new one is absolute atrocity. In case you did not know what I am talking about: it is a tileset with pillar in the center that has moving platform (elevator) with defence target, that not only is in a huge room but also has over 4 separate levels all connected with platforms and stairs. Also known as worst tileset in game.

Person responsible for the rework clearly had no idea how bugged Warframe spawns, enemy radar (zero vertical range) and enemy AI pathing is. Or had and it was just:evilest.gif

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 4

The current version of Fire Walker is better for Nezha in virtually every way than the original.  But six years later, I still miss it being a channel and playing the Silly But Fun, Absurd Damage Fire Kick Pyroclastic Flow minigame.

oh absolutely wall-running & auto-vaulting over map geometry
i really can't stand the wall-hopping we have have now constantly having us jump over the grate instead of the old wallrunning animation that would just make your warframe dash inside when connecting to the edges of the open grate

250%+ loot hydroid was great for a while, it was good to see hydroids theme finally be shown in his abilities although it was through a must-use augment, i understand why it's nerfed down to 100% but it was definitely a lot of fun

Edited by Navarc
  • Like 2

Raids

Stalker being scary

Those breakable windows on Corpus space tilesets that would decompress the room. (If it sucked enemies out into space it would've been perfection)

Endless Tower Key missions

Kubrow / Kavat hybrid bug

Hydroid's pre-PoE Undertow range and Undertow in general

Edited by Sierra
  • Like 2

I miss Limbo not being able to be affected by enemies that weren't in the same plane as him.  Back when I didn't understand most of the game's systems, that was how I survived when things got too hot.

Also, I miss the old Corpus tileset puzzles that blocked canisters for Sabotage.  There was one where there were 2 or 3 tiers of toggling laser grids blocking access to a terminal in a small space, and you had to either turn them off or time it so that you accessed it when they were all toggled off.  There was another where there was a wall with a few oddly shaped holes at different heights, and you had to find which one was safe to go through (because there were lasers and sometimes blockages) to get to the other side.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

The new one is absolute atrocity. In case you did not know what I am talking about: it is a tileset with pillar in the center that has moving platform (elevator) with defence target, that not only is in a huge room but also has over 4 separate levels all connected with platforms and stairs. Also known as worst tileset in game.

...I kinda like that one for Interception, I admit. (For Defense, no; it's terrible.)

• Like 2

17 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

Oh they undid it? How tf did nobody ever tell me that till now? it's been 4 years.

My memory of it is a little hazy but I think the Devs listened to the feedback from the community and changed it back pretty fast.

I might have dreamed this but I recall Reb talking on a Dev stream about seeing the reasoning the community stated like "It feels bad to load into a game as a loot frame if there's another one in the game already.", and they changed it back in like, idk couple months tops.

I miss when I had to actually play and engage with the game.

It’s like, the more I played, the more I was forced into considering opportunity cost, the more limited and worse the experience became because like, duh, I’m not going to choose something other than more power, that’s stupid and just means I’m making bad builds.

Warframe is a game where it becomes worse the more I play it, and it’s like “What even?”

edit: Yessss… give me those likes

Edited by Merkranire
  • Like 3

Theorem Demulcent increasing some warframe ability damage.

It stacked multiplicatively with arcane arachne and Naramon lethal thingie, and you could actually get some warframe abilities to do decent damage without an armor strip with all of them together.

Tch. 

what about when we could use spores on molt to spread them or when we spun to win, i hoarded [maiming strike] and when i came back to the game again it was worthless :c

also does hydroid's puddle count or is that too soon?

oh i just remembered ember's 4th ability used to be busted fun, also nezha used to be invulnerable in his 3.

sorry i don't remember much because of hiatus.

Edited by Hidoi
  • Like 1

1) Melee Energy Channeling

2) Void Blast

3) Self Damage

What do they have in common? DE removed them needlessly. In self-damage's case it was actually heavily harmful to the balance of AoE weapons, because now there isn't any imminent threat to blowing yourself up, just a short, easily avoidable animation.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Joezone619 said:

1) Melee Energy Channeling

2) Void Blast

3) Self Damage

What do they have in common? DE removed them needlessly. In self-damage's case it was actually heavily harmful to the balance of AoE weapons, because now there isn't any imminent threat to blowing yourself up, just a short, easily avoidable animation.

Melee Energy Channeling I really miss that, back in the day you could sneak around necking everyone and they'd just disappear as they are decompiled to nothingness, the only thing that does it now is the Arca Plasma shotgun when you kill an enemy.

• Like 1