The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma lunar new year skin just anounced by Tencent

jxtichi012

Anounced by Tencent. These also come to the global build.

Chroma Lunar New Year Skin (just a silhouette)

6jld5bljzzbc1.png?width=1424&format=png&

Xianglong Ephemera

buhfyojtzzbc1.png?width=1427&format=png&

Dragondance Sentinel Skin

nsedevjvzzbc1.png?width=1426&format=png&

They said January 25th to the China build. I believe these will also come to the Global build around the same date.

• Like 6

Not sure how I feel about the "literally a dragon" aesthetics, I always prefer "Warframe's warped interpretation of X". But it's not the first time Tencent missed the nuance, and TBH even for global that ship has pretty much sailed.

1 hour ago, rapt0rman said:

Not sure how I feel about the "literally a dragon" aesthetics, I always prefer "Warframe's warped interpretation of X". But it's not the first time Tencent missed the nuance, and TBH even for global that ship has pretty much sailed.

I think having a mix of on-the-nose interpretations and "Be Not Afraid." aesthetics is nice and works fine, tbh.

5 hours ago, rapt0rman said:

Booooo

5 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

seems i'm on the same wavelength as the chinese devs lol.

Because its logical, so it all makes sense. Year of Dragon, Chroma and Wyrm.

36 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

Dunno if this is considered too much of a leak, but here are a whole bunch of in-game pictures:

Hide contents

gShimzc.jpegxK6xz0D.jpeg0c5X4ed.jpegE0S4p0U.jpegkZJp898.pngsqSAIQk.jpeglKD0Csv.jpeguCipGIA.jpegoUGTe3V.jpeg1z2DJQx.jpeg

I love him, I love that snoot, absolutely gorgeous. Gonna have to make a 3rd Chroma Prime now to fit in more fashion.

1 hour ago, -Krism- said:

Dunno if this is considered too much of a leak, but here are a whole bunch of in-game pictures:

"dunno if its a leak but *proceeds to unveil an entire catalogue of images from every conceivable angle* LMAO:crylaugh:

45 minutes ago, TeaHands said:

I love him, I love that snoot, absolutely gorgeous. Gonna have to make a 3rd Chroma Prime now to fit in more fashion.

I literally made a 4th config for him the other day, one for each element, now i gotta make a 5th. Dammit Chinese Chroma, WHY did you have to look so good!?

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

"dunno if its a leak but *proceeds to unveil an entire catalogue of images from every conceivable angle* LMAO:crylaugh:

Re-read the whole #*!%ing sentence then instead of leaving part of it out of your quote

I said "too much" as in Moderators may consider it too much & remove it

5 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

Re-read the whole #*!%ing sentence then instead of leaving part of it out of your quote

I said "too much" as in Moderators may consider it too much & remove it

If i've offended you, that was not my intention. No idea why you decided to start swearing over the internet at a stranger.. Jeez 

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

If i've offended you, that was not my intention. No idea why you decided to start swearing over the internet at a stranger.. Jeez 

I'm French, swearing is part of normal conversations, it doesn't mean i'm offended or anything

Meru-Shrug.png That's just how I speak

Edited by -Krism-
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, rapt0rman said:

I feel like this is more "literally a dragon hunter" given that pelt-less Chroma looks more normal humanoid, while the pelt looks very much like he skinned a dragon to wear.

• Like 2

Just now, Packetdancer said:

I feel like this is more "literally a dragon hunter" given that pelt-less Chroma looks more normal humanoid, while the pelt looks very much like he skinned a dragon to wear.

At the time of posting that I was talking about the sentinel skin, but it doesn't actually change anything about my opinion of the aesthetics. Now that I've seen the rest of it I'll happily skip, sorry to anyone who likes it but I think it looks... not good. Beyond just my gripe about literal interpretations.

• Like 1

I like the skin because it kind of gives an alt look to the original concept Mynki did with the Drac Helmet (originally default), making him more asiatic looking. But I agree it's a bit too much on the nose, would have liked some more subtlety or a more sentient inspired design.

Still, guess I'll take it :p

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Meanwhile people get moderated for posting non-public drop tables. :crylaugh:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, -Krism- said:

in-game pictures:

That's uh...

A very ugly skin, textures look low-quality and very plastic, I am hoping that is due to the screenshots themselves and not the actual skin. The color combo also makes him look like a Toy you get from a dollar store

• Like 1