Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Since DE has finally relented and is now making archon shards more accessible in general...

Hexerin

I wonder if we'll start seeing them as limited quantity rewards from new content in general going forward? Similar to how limited quantities of kuva, forma, etc is available from basically everywhere.

It's hardly surprising when we will have access to both Coalescent Fusion and Ascent Fusion. Barring good RNG, you're going to need a lot of regular shards in order to get Tau versions to fit in every slot for 50+ Warframes. Tenno that have been collecting since Veilbreaker will always be one step ahead, but this will ease the grind for newer players.

They were already doing that by putting them in Netracells. And between that and the Tau pity system they already made them more accessible.

So the upcoming changes are already more of the same and is following how DE always handles new systems: release it > add more sources of it and/or make it even easier to get > repeat.

• Like 1

We'll eventually get the option to combine shards into rainbow shards and then when you have enough of those you can build Unicorn Prime, the first frame to come baseline as a prime and the first quad. It will puke and fart rainbows, and CC enemies and buff allies with star dust.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

Hopefuly they'll also reduce the grind for citrine then.

Really all they'd have to do at this point is like...double or maybe triple the shard payouts per rotation on the pity system.

Considering that it takes 1550 shards for a full set of Citrine and currently you only get like...10 per rotation...that's literally 155 rotations with one rotation subtracted for every 100 shards collected in the mission...and that's just for the Warframe.

Double the payouts and the rotation count halves (down to about 75~) which is probably more in line with what you'd see for any farm not named Harrow.

• Like 2

I just wish they reapproached the Bile cost. I rather spend 50% Bile 5 times to unlock the 5 shard slots than be spending resources every time DE changes the game or introduces a reason to swap a Shard's bonus.

Also, I really hope they allow players to split fused shards.

• Like 10

8 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

DE, please let us convert excess tau shards to endo, thanks.

Real talk, if shards do indeed end up becoming more accessible over time, that could potentially be a great idea for newer players. Each tauforged shard granting like 10k endo would make for a decent option for players to consider. The power of a tauforged shard, or a quarter of the cost of a legendary mod.

vor 18 Stunden schrieb Voltage:

I just wish they reapproached the Bile cost. I rather spend 50% Bile 5 times to unlock the 5 shard slots than be spending resources every time DE changes the game or introduces a reason to swap a Shard's bonus.

Also, I really hope they allow players to split fused shards.

The continuous costs for infusing abilities, removing shards and invigorations dont really do it for me. I know some people celebrated 'finally having a resource sink' but I find those specific ones annoying at best.

32 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

The continuous costs for infusing abilities, removing shards and invigorations dont really do it for me. I know some people celebrated 'finally having a resource sink' but I find those specific ones annoying at best.

I am one of those people who want and appreciate proper resource sinks, but you're supposed to apply those when you're committing to something, like an Arcane slot, Forma, buying an item, dojo research, etc. 

What we have is an obscure version of Arcane Distillation and tantamount to if DE charged you a resource cost every time you wanted to remove a mod out of a slot. It's an asinine cost that just pushes players into obvious choices. It hurts double time when the Archon Shard applies one bonus to all configs, much like the annoyance of Arcanes in the past.

It would still be a sink and feel much better if you paid a large sum of bile to unlock the Shard slots, and then using Shards was free afterwards.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Agreed.  If they're going to outright kill a fused shard with patches/updates, then we should be able to get our investment back.

To be fair. The fact players can remove them is plenty generous.

The extreme majority of games that let players do a permanent power increase make them One Time Use/Destroyed upon Removal. 

Which is why I'm not complaining. DE has been surprisingly kind with Archons Shards. 

Afterall...

.....look at Focus Lens.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Voltage said:

It hurts double time when the Archon Shard applies one bonus to all configs, much like the annoyance of Arcanes in the past.

Particularly since there are still issues with combined shards not working properly and/or having incorrect or misleading descriptions.

• Like 1

On 2024-02-27 at 11:32 AM, Aldain said:

Really all they'd have to do at this point is like...double or maybe triple the shard payouts per rotation on the pity system.

Considering that it takes 1550 shards for a full set of Citrine and currently you only get like...10 per rotation...that's literally 155 rotations with one rotation subtracted for every 100 shards collected in the mission...and that's just for the Warframe.

Double the payouts and the rotation count halves (down to about 75~) which is probably more in line with what you'd see for any farm not named Harrow.

But 75 is already more than what it takes to get the frame?

100 of each fragment per 4 waves is pretty standard which makes Citrine take about 16 full runs or 62 individual rotations. And that's not even considering SP runs which already give more and that you can get far more with an efficient enough team. Plus getting any of her parts to drop in a run shaves off a considerable amount of time, especially the main BP which also has the highest drop rate.

Citrine isn't a hard farm, players are just bad at farming her. Which tends to be the case with most farms players complain about.

Edited by trst

11 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Agreed.  If they're going to outright kill a fused shard with patches/updates, then we should be able to get our investment back.

It's your own fault for abusing what was very obviously a bug, especially one that obviously would be squashed expeditiously due to how much it broke the game.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

It's your own fault for abusing what was very obviously a bug, especially one that obviously would be squashed expeditiously due to how much it broke the game.

Coming off a little aggressive there.  I didn't abuse it.  I tried it, once, with a melee Voruna and the Rakta Dark Dagger.  A few days later, DE nerfed it, and now I've wasted two (normal) shards.  Not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things, but it is annoying that there really isn't anything worthwhile on orange right now.

• Like 2